First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#22 Feb 3, 2014
Corporate Welfare Queens: Teach Employees How To Get On The Government Dole

Hidden Taxpayer Costs | Good Jobs First
www.goodjobsfirst.org/corporate-subsidy.../hi... - Similar to Hidden Taxpayer Costs | Good Jobs First
Source: Brian Baskin, "Top 9 Employers in State have 9,698 Getting Public Aid," .... of workers on MaineCare (the state's version of Medicaid), food stamps and ...

One Walmart's Low Wages Could Cost Taxpayers $900,000 Per ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../walmart-taxpayers-... ...- Similar to One Walmart's Low Wages Could Cost Taxpayers $900,000 Per ...
May 31, 2013 ... We provide education assistance and skill training and, most of all,... to take advantage of public-assistance programs like food stamps or Medicaid.... In fact, many workers throughout the retail industry take advantage of ...

New Report Shows How Walmart Forces Its Employees to Live on ...
www.motherjones.com/.../report-walmart-forces... ...- Similar to New Report Shows How Walmart Forces Its Employees to Live on ...
Jun 6, 2013 ... The company also happens to elegantly epitomize the divide between the top ... We provide education assistance and skill training and, most of all,.... money from SNAP and WIC, often from their own employees, who have to ...

Daily Kos: Walmart: America's real 'Welfare Queen'
www.dailykos.com/.../-Walmart-fuels-inequalit... -...- Similar to Daily Kos: Walmart: America's real 'Welfare Queen'
Oct 10, 2012 ... The company has frequently been charged with wage theft claims by ... In fact, Walmart has become the number one driver behind the growing use of food stamps in the ... Walmart's employees receive $2.66 billion in government help .... RustyBrown, VictorLaszlo, Buckeye54, mkor7, I teach music, CJnyc,...

Alan Grayson says more Walmart employees on Medicaid, food ...
www.politifact.com/.../alan-grayson-says-more... ...- Similar to Alan Grayson says more Walmart employees on Medicaid, food ...
Dec 6, 2012 ... I'm sure that the same thing is true of food stamp recipients..... And even though just over half of its employees take the company health care ...
Mayson Cutter

Since: May 12

Hankel Hollar

#23 Feb 3, 2014
Patriot wrote:
Repent Pop, get out of the Devil's Republican Tea Party, No wonder you can't sleep with Satan chasing you in your dreams.
What Have the Tea Party and the Church of Satan Got in Common? Answer: the Sinister Ayn Rand
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/...
You dumb ass, the Devil is in the White House, so what would the Tea Party have to do with the maggot?
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#24 Feb 3, 2014
Corrected Link;

Hidden Taxpayer Cost: Corporate Subsidy Watch, Good Jobs First

http://www.goodjobsfirst.org/corporate-subsid...
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#25 Feb 3, 2014
Corrected Link;

One WalMart's Low Wages Could Cost Taxpayers $900,000.00 a Year

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/31/walm...
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#26 Feb 3, 2014
Corrected LInk;

Florida Rep. Alan Grayson Says More WalMart Employees on Medicaid and Food Stamps....

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#27 Feb 3, 2014
If you people would pay 20 Cents More for your Happy Meal, maybe these Fast Food Workers could get out of my taxpayer Pocket.

Workers at biggest fast food companies need billions in public
www.dailykos.com/.../-Workers-at-biggest-fast... ...
Oct 15, 2013 ... And the 10 largest fast food companies account for $3.8 billion of that, the .... Bill these companies for the cost of assisting their employees...... Sorry if I would like to get off government social nets and be able to pay my bills...... fire anyone before they hit that limit even at the cost of training a replacement.

Half of fast food workers need public aid - Oct. 15, 2013 -...
money.cnn.com/2013/10/15/.../fast-food-worker...
Oct 15, 2013 ... More than half of fast food workers have to rely on public assistance ... The common narrative among fast food workers is that their pay is too low, they don't get ..... Would you rather see the company lay employees off when people refuse .... Almost anyone can work a fast food job with minimal training and ...
[PDF]

Fast Food, Poverty Wages - UC Berkeley Labor ...
laborcenter.berkeley.edu/publiccosts/fast_foo...
Oct 15, 2013 ... Employment Dynamics at the Institute for Research on Labor and .... The fast- food industry stands out for both its low wages and its paucity of ... front-line fast- food workers receive health benefits through their ... omitting job-training, educational and other programs that indirectly assist low-income families.
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#28 Feb 3, 2014
Pop wrote:
I forgot to add one thing Patriot, we are $17 million in debt. We simply can't continue to outspend our revenue forever. Even if everyone paid 100% of their income in taxes, we would still not reduce our debt significantly. Therefore, we have to spend less. We can't afford to waste the taxpayers money any longer.
Here are some examples of the waste I am talking about
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02...
Pop, I know you probably Forgot these things since Republicans are well known for having Selective Memory. Do you recall these things the Republican DID?

Bush and the GOP took us into 2 Wars on the National Credit Card....Added the cost to the National Debt

Bush and the GOP gave us Tax Rebates from the U.S. Treasury

I got a $600.00 Check right along with 180 Million other Americans. I said then that we couldn't AFFORD That. But the Republicans said, "Oh Yes We Can!"

Then the Republicans Doubled Down and Mailed all these Millions of Americans another $300.00 Economic Stimulus Check... Republicans Believed in Stimulating the Weak Economy when GW Bush was in office, but they Sure Don't Believe in Stimulating the Economy Now.

Then the Republicans Starved the Treasury by Giving us the Bush Tax Cuts, which I did NOT Need or Want.

The Republicans Continue to Demand that we Pay $4 Billion Dollars a year, every year, in Oil Depletion Allowances to Big Oil, in spite of the Fact that Big Oil Companies are Drowning in a Sea of Record Profits. Big Oil does not Need the Taxpayer Money, But Republicans Demand that we give it to them..

And the Republicans Continue to Demand that we Keep the Bush Tax Cuts even though we are under a cumulative mountain of debt.

Obama Had to Borrow Money to Prop Up Republican Banks to keep us from going into a Great Depression. GW Bush and the Republicans Had already approved borrowing the money to Bail Out Wall Street Banks...

There is Nothing Conservative about the Republican Party, there is Only Unbridled Selfishness.
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#29 Feb 3, 2014
Half of Fast Food Workers on Federal Aid

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/oct/15/busin...
Pop

United States

#30 Feb 3, 2014
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama Had to Borrow Money to Prop Up Republican Banks to keep us from going into a Great Depression.
This statement alone tells me what type of person I am corresponding with, therefore any further correspondence is futile. Good luck selling your radical liberal ideas to the rest of the country. Rest assured we won't see any of what you are suggesting in our lifetime.
Mayson Cutter

Since: May 12

Hankel Hollar

#31 Feb 3, 2014
Pop wrote:
<quoted text>
This statement alone tells me what type of person I am corresponding with, therefore any further correspondence is futile. Good luck selling your radical liberal ideas to the rest of the country. Rest assured we won't see any of what you are suggesting in our lifetime.
No shit! This Patriot bum should change his whiney ass to Traitor instead. He's bound to be one of those welfare EBT drawing maggots, because he's constantly on here crying about some stupid shit.
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#32 Feb 3, 2014
Pop, I don't know how good your reading comprehension is, but have a go at it anyway.......

George W. Bush on Budget & Economy - On The Issues
www.ontheissues.org/.../George_W__Bush_Budget... - Similar to George W. Bush on Budget & Economy - On The Issues
I began to question if President Bush and the Republican leadership shared my sense of ..... It had lent hundreds of billions in what was all but free money to banks,... Q: Please explain how the spending you have approved and not paid for is better for ..... A $700 billion bailout of Wall Street, borrowing the money from future ...

Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 - Wikipedia, the ...
en.wikipedia.org/.../Emergency_Economic_Stabi... ...- Similar to Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 - Wikipedia, the ...
3765, enacted October 3, 2008), commonly referred to as a bailout of the U.S.... help to American Express, whose bank-holding application it recently approved.... President George W. Bush signed the bill into law within hours of its ..... little money for their purchase that they are better described as living in borrowed homes.

Economic policy of the George W. Bush administration ...
en.wikipedia.org/.../Economic_policy_of_the_G... ...- Similar to Economic policy of the George W. Bush administration ...
During the George W. Bush administration, the federal government spending was .... In the end, five Senate Democrats crossed party lines to join Republicans in .... a requested $700 billion bailout package for Wall Street investment houses..... could not borrow from the Fed but JP Morgan Chase, a commercial bank, could).
[ More results from en.wikipedia.org ]

Bush Deficit vs. Obama Deficit in Pictures - The Foundry -...
blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/bush-deficit-vs-... ...- Similar to Bush Deficit vs. Obama Deficit in Pictures - The Foundry -...
Mar 24, 2009 ... President Bush began a string of expensive financial bailouts..... Before George W laid his hand on the Bible, the Clinton Era economics .... halve, So now the republicans are trying to blame the bank bailout on President Obama…... money behind their backs without asking approval to "borrow" the money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mahoneys, Johnson city, (Nov '07) 26 min bob is a zombie 154
Medium/psychic in Johnson City 41 min Pope Frank 7
Washington County Government Post 1 hr Concerned Parents 1
Kimber Halliburton 1 hr concerned 2
mlk 4 hr Southern made 18
PC Repair 16 hr get at me here 15
HIRING Part-Time Caregivers 18 hr Really 2

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance