Boones Creek Middle, Ridgeview, and G...

Boones Creek Middle, Ridgeview, and Gray girls softball

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
parent

Johnson City, TN

#1 Apr 26, 2013
What is the controversy goin on with Boones Creek Middle, Ridgeview and Gray girls softball teams?
The reason is

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Apr 26, 2013
The Gray girls are better and the other teams don't like it haha
not

Johnson City, TN

#3 Apr 27, 2013
parent wrote:
What is the controversy goin on with Boones Creek Middle, Ridgeview and Gray girls softball teams?
I heard players from the 3 teams were benched because a BC parent saw the girls practicing with Little League.
Blazer Mom

Johnson City, TN

#4 Apr 27, 2013
The reason is wrote:
The Gray girls are better and the other teams don't like it haha
I dont think thats the reason, BC beat Gray like a red headed stepchild and unfortunately hasnt come close to losing this year. One of the parents was sneaking around little league practice and reported the girls to the TSSAA. This cost 4 of our girls to miss the tournament. And by the way Gray is pretty bad.
not good

Johnson City, TN

#5 Apr 28, 2013
Blazer Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think thats the reason, BC beat Gray like a red headed stepchild and unfortunately hasnt come close to losing this year. One of the parents was sneaking around little league practice and reported the girls to the TSSAA. This cost 4 of our girls to miss the tournament. And by the way Gray is pretty bad.
Sounds like the parent has too much time on his hands and likes causing trouble.
GRAY MOM

Johnson City, TN

#6 Apr 28, 2013
Just for the record, there wasn't any players from Gray benched. And we may have lost to BC but not like a redheaded stepchild. I'm very proud of the girls from Gray. They have worked hard and finished 4th in conference. And for the Blazer Mom that made the comment that they aren't very good, you ought to be ashamed of what you said, because your child may end up being a teammate with one of the kids from Gray when they make it to Boone. And they may turn out to be a better player than your child.
curious

Johnson City, TN

#7 Apr 28, 2013
What is the name of the Boones Creek parent who is said to have caused this and did the principal play apart in this too?
funny

Charlotte, NC

#8 Apr 30, 2013
I heard Boones creek dropped two teams out of Elizabethton, I think happy valley middle and Unaka, off their schedule because they knew those are the only two teams on the schedule that could beat them, and whoever the coach at BC is wanted a perfect season. Scared of a little competition I see.
Mom

Kingsport, TN

#9 May 2, 2013
My gosh, this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. I can't believe people are talking about KIDS on here. That's what is wrong with the world, parents not allowing there kids to play and be kids. Instead there trashing kids on here, and telling on girls for so called scrimmaging. I mean really? What happened to keeping your nose where it belongs, some people have to much time on there hands, to be telling on innocent girls. We're not stupid we know who ran there mouth, it doesn't take a rocket science to figure it out. Who cares who was or wasnt benched, the good thing is that it was turned over. keep in mind it could of been any child regardless of what team the child is on. People think that if there child gets a little better than another , that trashing the other child must make them feel better about themselves. Pathetic! You know it's not like its the World Series. Geez.... Parents acting like this is definitely not teaching the kids the right way. If it makes you feel better to get others in trouble to win, then someone really has issues. I think it's all luck sometimes on how teams are stacked, one yr gray may win all yr, or ridge view, this yr it happens to be boones creek, well Congrats! Just take it as a win, don't rub it in other people's faces because then that shows unsportsmanship conduct. I think a true winner shows it on and off the field or in this case online. Just remember some of the other girls may read this and how would u feel if the shoe was on the other foot. Have a good day everyone and God Bless......
Blazer Mom

Johnson City, TN

#11 May 4, 2013
GRAY MOM wrote:
Just for the record, there wasn't any players from Gray benched. And we may have lost to BC but not like a redheaded stepchild. I'm very proud of the girls from Gray. They have worked hard and finished 4th in conference. And for the Blazer Mom that made the comment that they aren't very good, you ought to be ashamed of what you said, because your child may end up being a teammate with one of the kids from Gray when they make it to Boone. And they may turn out to be a better player than your child.
Honey, I dont have to worry about those girls being teammates with anyone because there isnt 1 girl on that team that will make the team at Boone.
Cheese Puff Daddy

Park Hills, MO

#12 May 4, 2013
At risk of being clawed to death in a cat fight I dare ask the question. Why did they get in trouble for scrimmaging with a Little League team? How is that against the rules?

Please don't hurt me
welcomewagon

Johnson City, TN

#13 May 5, 2013
Cheese Puff Daddy wrote:
At risk of being clawed to death in a cat fight I dare ask the question. Why did they get in trouble for scrimmaging with a Little League team? How is that against the rules?
Please don't hurt me
Answer: my child plays for a washington county school team- She also plays summer allstar ball for another team-they start practice 1st of April. I was told by numerous people (and at the request of her school coach)that she could not practice or scrimmage with the summer team until she was done completely with school ball. I know they do strictly enforce this for highschool players. Even if her coach would of said okay I still would not have let her do it because there are busy body moms that "spy" to see whose doing both: then they make their phone calls and get crap started. So I chose to avoid the drama. By the way my daughter does not attend Boones Creek middle" But I would like to say CONGRATS to them for winning the county championships Fri night at Grandview. No one won the title except those girls,I found them very pleasant when we played them! You adults on here bad mouthing kids and adults should be ashamed of yourselves. All these girls on every team in the county played their hearts out(I was at the whole tourn.) We should be praising them.
Cheese Puff Daddy

Park Hills, MO

#14 May 5, 2013
welcomewagon wrote:
<quoted text>Answer: my child plays for a washington county school team- She also plays summer allstar ball for another team-they start practice 1st of April. I was told by numerous people (and at the request of her school coach)that she could not practice or scrimmage with the summer team until she was done completely with school ball. I know they do strictly enforce this for highschool players. Even if her coach would of said okay I still would not have let her do it because there are busy body moms that "spy" to see whose doing both: then they make their phone calls and get crap started. So I chose to avoid the drama. By the way my daughter does not attend Boones Creek middle" But I would like to say CONGRATS to them for winning the county championships Fri night at Grandview. No one won the title except those girls,I found them very pleasant when we played them! You adults on here bad mouthing kids and adults should be ashamed of yourselves. All these girls on every team in the county played their hearts out(I was at the whole tourn.) We should be praising them.
I don't really understand their reasoning. Are they afraid she'll get hurt scrimmaging and be unable to play HS ball? Is there a conflict of interest if some sort I'm just not grasping? How can extra practice hurt her performance or her school? I just don't understand.
coach

Chatsworth, GA

#15 May 5, 2013
I believe TMSAA rules state that a player can practice with a little league or travel team, but may not participate in any games or game-like scrimmages.
Lori Chambers

Jonesborough, TN

#16 May 6, 2013
Blazer Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, I dont have to worry about those girls being teammates with anyone because there isnt 1 girl on that team that will make the team at Boone.
Put your name on here "honey" and let's talk again when you are proven wrong.
Blazer Mom

Johnson City, TN

#17 May 6, 2013
Lori Chambers wrote:
<quoted text>
Put your name on here "honey" and let's talk again when you are proven wrong.
Seriously??? Not 1 of those girls could start for Boones Creek, and you think they can play for us at Boone.I think not.
Supportive mother

Johnson City, TN

#18 Jun 3, 2013
Blazer Mom wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously??? Not 1 of those girls could start for Boones Creek, and you think they can play for us at Boone.I think not.
. Well how dare you down children the way you have . You will certainly be eating those words one day. Boones creek just had a stacked team . I am glad they won the whole thing . Not so lucky next year though. All the teams played with all Their hearts !!!!!!!!
Linda Butler

Jonesborough, TN

#19 Jun 3, 2013
Blazer Mom wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously??? Not 1 of those girls could start for Boones Creek, and you think they can play for us at Boone.I think not.
Whats your real name?
Linda Butler

Jonesborough, TN

#20 Jun 5, 2013
Blazer Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on now reveal yourself!*I suppose that I would keep quiet too since you WERE wrong. hahaha
Momtoo

Johnson City, TN

#21 May 1, 2015
Shame on you for downing these girls!!!! Blazer mom . The day has arrived that you will eat those words&#128541; just hope I am there nut no what a coward you are!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
clw delivery? (Apr '12) 3 hr Intheknow 11
Grindstaff Automotive Group (Sep '10) 5 hr Shopper 40
salvation army and good samariten (Jun '14) 5 hr Shopper 3
Wild flower Tue Butterfly 1
Grace Baptist Church Jc TN (May '10) Tue Haggie 7
I Miss Anna Zook! Tue hummmmmm....... 14
Wetlands Water Park is a Big Ripoff (Jun '11) Tue TopSail 63

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance