First Prev
of 3
Next Last
tobi

Kingsport, TN

#46 May 4, 2013
Wow..i live in kingsport moved here from chicago.i like it.great place to raise kids.people r nice.there are dicks n fat people everywhere u go so theres no avoiding that sorry jc haters..ur dumb if u dont like it move its called free will??people like u make this place bad so leave go somewhere else..
Austin

Kingsport, TN

#48 Sep 28, 2013
Johnson City is one of the worst places anyone could ever live. There is virtually nothing to do, very little diversity, the drug and alcohol problem is among the worst in the nation, the night life sucks, the clubs are atrocious, the people are closed minded, the police are running drugs and protecting drug dealers, the people are extremely overweight, unattractive and unhealthy, the locals are pretty uneducated and the city council continues to let decripit ugly eye sore buildings and structures make the city look like a dump. Good place if you are a drug addict, love tattoos, living on welfare, are married and a hippocritical Bible thumper. The suicide rate here is atrocious! Why because the whole region sucks real bad from Ashevillle to Tricities/Kingsport, Bristol, Boone, Mountain City. Every day there are a couple of horrific suicides. The place frankly sucks. Stay away.
Julian

Johnson City, TN

#49 Jan 25, 2014
I couldn't agree more with the suckiness of JC. Maybe if you're a close minded truck driving arrogant ignorant uneducated tasteless degenerate you'll love it. Make sure to bring your camouflage carharrt.
I'm from here, born and raised. I'm fine with gay people, it's just the types of gay people here. They're just as trashy as their straight parents. There is absolutely no culture and an odd "southern" arrogance. The only place anyone vacations is myrtle beach. No music unless you like country. No nightlife except for honky think bars. Big haired women in 10 year old lexus SUVs flaunt fake last season bags, old people who's purpose in life is to judge you, typical chain restaurants, people who think their super trendy and rebellious bc of their neck tattoos..the list goes on. And watch out if you visit any of the other small surrounding towns....it gets more and more hick with every mile.
I guess you can find a social life if you go to church where people are sweet to your face then talk shit about you behind your back (and know nothing about the Bible or history of Christianity). Everyone is holier than thou.
Maybe you can get a decent job if you're in medicine or work for the college or want to work at a chemical factory that showers carcinogens all over Kingsport. ETSU is full of ignorant professors and is run with the worst administration and rudest staff you'll ever meet. But why blame them? 97 percent of their graduating class will be getting degrees to go work at mcdonalds. Or return to the farm to marry their sisters and become preachers.
Downtown is a joke. 50% homeless government housed people and 50% shitty college bars.
An inch of snow and the town is closed.
Cops who are obese (hell, everyone is) and have nothing to do but hand out speeding tickets.
Used car tycoons who flaunt the tackiest 20 year old slut gold diggers, "local celebrities".
The most pathetic country club you've ever seen in your life.
I could go on and on and on.

I'm moving next month and will never return. So to sum it up if you're thinking of moving here you'll save a lot of money on living cost because you're basically moving to a garbage dump.
Bob Newsom

Johnson City, TN

#50 Apr 2, 2014
Trixster wrote:
<quoted text>
I Did and never looked back, you guys up there can live like a bunch of rats if you want but I want more in life than that.
You say that yet you live in Newport? Home of crooked cops who pull you over then "fine" you for all the cash you are carrying. Yeah, your opinion don't really count.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prostitutes in Johnson City (Jul '12) 1 hr RollinInTang 56
Thank God Ron Dykes is leaving. 2 hr Bob 22
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 3 hr Tanya 706
Legal advice 9 hr misty 2
GOP leadership will protect Obamacare (Nov '14) 14 hr corrupt 72
act call center johnson city tn (Oct '10) Sun manonthemoon 325
Washington County Taxpayers Wake Up Sun Unbelievable 16
More from around the web

Johnson City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE