|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2011

Judged:

Boogyman wrote:
Johnson city sucks ever since ive got here I met nothin but crazy sick weird people and arrogant college students
Go Back where from where you came.
Concerned

Wise, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

You have kids? Interesting how the talk is that man driving the large white van that says he fix tubs with lic plates "FIXTUBS" was conicted for selling drugs on school property in Abington is now in this area
joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Boogyman wrote:
Johnson city sucks ever since ive got here I met nothin but crazy sick weird people and arrogant college students
Coming from a person whose post name is boogyman
spot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Yea been in JC some. Don't go back much because of Matthew (Wormy) Ford. Nice to your face then he will stab you in your back when it is turned. Doesn't know how to treat women either.
Uh ok

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2011

Sounds like you have been hanging on the wrong side of town
Sick of it

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

Judged:

This whole area is very redneck. The scenery is pretty. The people are not. Morbid obesity and sound alike bands from the 80's is the norm here. It's weird and kind of sad. I grew up here. Moved back after 30 years in many other places. Very disgusted and planning my escape this winter. Hard hearted, phony people who pretend to be friendly but are really just curious and nosy. They will never be trustworthy to you. Avoid it like a plague. JC is better than most of the hayseed burgs around here only because of the college. And the medical industry here is downright dangerous, they are so ignorant of new treatments. They let students who haven't even graduated treat patients in their hospital and lay their vital information on a desk outside the patient rooms for anyone to read.
Wolfee

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Hello:
The only reason why I am living In Johnson City, Tennessee is because of my mother who is retired and disabled. Otherwise, I would not be here. First, forget about job openings. There are very few job openings for the people who are stil trying to find something, anything. The sitution is often so bad that operating a Meth lab looks better than having to sit through endless stupid group interviews and paranoid local job interviewers who think you are a Communist just because you are not a native of the area.
Second, these people have never heard of any other types of music besides Shit kicking Country music, Bluegrass, and Country Gospel. Whether you like it or not, YOU WILL BE LISTENING to it no matter where you go in Johnson City. Third, these people are grossly fat and stupid and proud of it. Next, there is only one first run movie theatre and they are jerks. There are no indepentent book stores and PBS reception does not exist unless you buy cable from Charter who are expensive and obnoxious.
The best advise is to stay away from this part of Eastern Tennessee if you have a brain, don't like Honk tonk music, don't want to spend the rest of your life begging for a part-time job at MacDonald's and have no desire to be fat or date fat women. Time spend in J.C. will have you wanting to die already.
terry

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

redneck wrote:
the whole city is full of queers, lesbos and just plain sickos you would have a better chance of hookin up at walmart, unless your one of these which i dont think you are
You left out it,s full of in-the-closet,dopehead,ignoran t REDNECKS!
Gaston

Grundy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Well if it helps the OP, I'm in the process of moving back to JC after 6 years away caring for my Mom. To me it's the perfect sized place, just enough city to find whatever you need but not big enough to have big city problems. The police are on the ball but they don't hassle people for nitshit things. I've found the departments at the courthouse to be quick and courteous - DMV can be a bit of a pain, but what DMV isn't?

Then again, I'm not a nightclub kind of guy. I do wish Freedom Hall would return to the days when it was a major music venue and could draw the big name bands.
kjhasf

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Sarah wrote:
I am 29 and single thinking of moving to Johnson City, TN. Was wondering what the night/single life was like.
Terrible idea. Seriously terrible idea. Do not move here.
Tall Tree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Johnson City is a good place to see in your rear-view mirror. Asheville is Much nicer.
Huh

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Y'all do realize the original poster asked his/her question 6 years ago right?

Since: Mar 13

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

it def depends on your scene. I am 27 m works everyday in Grnv at johndeere and JC is a nice place to hand out at night. hell of a lot better than Grnvl. if your in HealthCare you will do fine and meet the right people as far as other I have no Idea
God

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Johnson City is a great place to retire. But if you are young, go somewhere else and experience the world fully before settling in Cow Town USA.
Hillbillyboy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

JC is a good place to grow a garden, hunt and fish, and do that sort of thing.

If your seeking nocturnal adventure, well, then you probably wont find much of it around here. There are a few dive bars...

But the fishing is good. Did I mention the fishing?
Tall Tree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Yes, we all know your prediliction to trouser trout.
Troll elsewhere, crotch angler.
Hillbillyboy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Tall Tree wrote:
Yes, we all know your prediliction to trouser trout.
Troll elsewhere, crotch angler.
I suppose that the adolescents are up to their usual tactless tricks. This just proves that idle hands are the devils workshop.

Go and find something useful to do. Or better yet, grab a book and read, that ye sound not so uneducated and crass?
Redneck and Proud

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose that the adolescents are up to their usual tactless tricks. This just proves that idle hands are the devils workshop.
Go and find something useful to do. Or better yet, grab a book and read, that ye sound not so uneducated and crass?
There's an old saying that I think is very applicable to you and people like you, it goes like this -
Eat shyt and bark at the moon.
raiders

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Johnson City is a great town if you're gay or if you like ugly obese women. God sure didn't bless this town. In fact he took a dump on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Johnson City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Johnson City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Johnson City News, Events & Info