29/single. Moving to Johnson City, TN...

29/single. Moving to Johnson City, TN. Yes or No?

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sarah

United States

#1 Jan 21, 2007
I am 29 and single thinking of moving to Johnson City, TN. Was wondering what the night/single life was like.
haha

Deland, FL

#4 Oct 4, 2007
its non exsistant, move to a real city if you want night life. try knoxville if you like the upper east tn area.
CCC

AOL

#5 Oct 18, 2007
Sarah wrote:
I am 29 and single thinking of moving to Johnson City, TN. Was wondering what the night/single life was like.
The night life here is a joke we have a few country bars and not much [email protected]

Since: Oct 07

Johnson City, TN

#6 Oct 25, 2007
The night life is a lot better then most towns of this size. We have several bars and clubs that you can go to. We even have three magazines and several web sites that cater to the night life of the Tri-Cities.
Publius

Lawrenceburg, TN

#7 Jan 31, 2008
Vertical wrote:
The night life is a lot better then most towns of this size. We have several bars and clubs that you can go to. We even have three magazines and several web sites that cater to the night life of the Tri-Cities.
That's a joke for anyone over the age of 21-23 - you know, professionals who like a scene and a comfortable atmosphere that this place does not provide. The closest thing we have is Stir Fry Cafe, which has music and a nice contemporary bar, but that's about it.
my two cents

Bristol, VA

#8 Jan 31, 2008
Sarah wrote:
I am 29 and single thinking of moving to Johnson City, TN. Was wondering what the night/single life was like.
Why would you move to a place just for the nightlife???? I would think that the only reason to move here would be a job relocation or you just like the area. If nightlife is what your looking for, I'd suggest asheville, fun town and still in the mountains.

“Bored of JC”

Since: Jul 07

Greenville, SC

#9 Feb 3, 2008
If you like this general area and are looking for a really good selection of local restaurants/bars/music... I'd say Asheville.

That being said, it is much more expensive to live there. So you could always move to Johnson City and drive the hour to Asheville whenever you got bored :)
Heather

Peoria, AZ

#11 May 17, 2010
I'll be 21 when I move out there. I'm trying to get the feel for which city will be best for me.. If any of you dont mind helpin me out a bit it'd be great! I fell completely in love with Tennessee and have always dreamed of living there I'm just not certain on which part. Little background on me and what I'm looking for in the place I live.. I want a small town, more on the country side, I'll be making the move alone and starting fresh so I won't know anyone when I first get there so it'd be nice if it was a very friendly town, also I love to country dance so anywhere that has lots of that would be great.. I'm looking to move for a change and to start my life somewhere that'll make me happy maybe meet a good southern gentleman and some great friends. I was looking at Johnson City good or bad idea?
Chrissy

United States

#12 May 17, 2010
Sarah wrote:
I am 29 and single thinking of moving to Johnson City, TN. Was wondering what the night/single life was like.
biggest town for gay bars and stabbings thats about all

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#14 May 18, 2010
Heather wrote:
I'll be 21 when I move out there. I'm trying to get the feel for which city will be best for me.. If any of you dont mind helpin me out a bit it'd be great! I fell completely in love with Tennessee and have always dreamed of living there I'm just not certain on which part. Little background on me and what I'm looking for in the place I live.. I want a small town, more on the country side, I'll be making the move alone and starting fresh so I won't know anyone when I first get there so it'd be nice if it was a very friendly town, also I love to country dance so anywhere that has lots of that would be great.. I'm looking to move for a change and to start my life somewhere that'll make me happy maybe meet a good southern gentleman and some great friends. I was looking at Johnson City good or bad idea?
Don't listen to those village idots.....JC is a nice place to live, work and play. Cowboys is a place for people your age. This is the most beautiful city in TN and you will love the people here. They will treat you with respect and be glad to help any way possible. Good luck
KiWi

Johnson City, TN

#15 May 18, 2010
Chrissy wrote:
<quoted text>biggest town for gay bars and stabbings thats about all
gay stabbbings? ya dont say!
Trixster

United States

#16 Jun 6, 2010
I hate Johnson city, Ive lived in other Tn citys as well and they are much better.
redneck

United States

#17 Jun 7, 2010
Battleship wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't listen to those village idots.....JC is a nice place to live, work and play. Cowboys is a place for people your age. This is the most beautiful city in TN and you will love the people here. They will treat you with respect and be glad to help any way possible. Good luck
yea cowboys the place is full of mexicans and blacks

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#18 Jun 7, 2010
Trixster wrote:
I hate Johnson city, Ive lived in other Tn citys as well and they are much better.
Well........go back
Amit

Church Hill, VA

#19 Dec 7, 2010
Sarah wrote:
I am 29 and single thinking of moving to Johnson City, TN. Was wondering what the night/single life was like.
hi reply me on my e-mail... i am here since 2000 and know most area... and i can give you company... i am descreat person who has nice job.
Amit

Church Hill, VA

#20 Dec 7, 2010
my e-mail is [email protected]
Trixster

United States

#21 Dec 9, 2010
Battleship wrote:
<quoted text>
Well........go back
I Did and never looked back, you guys up there can live like a bunch of rats if you want but I want more in life than that.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#22 Dec 9, 2010
Trixster wrote:
<quoted text>
I Did and never looked back, you guys up there can live like a bunch of rats if you want but I want more in life than that.
I beg your pardon....I am very well educated and do NOT live like a rat.........I love this place...it is my home....yes, I lived in another state for a while........but realized the beauty of this area and will NEVER leave again.
Boogyman

York, SC

#23 Mar 15, 2011
Johnson city sucks ever since ive got here I met nothin but crazy sick weird people and arrogant college students
MEXICANSCUMBAG

Elizabethton, TN

#24 Mar 15, 2011
Boogyman wrote:
Johnson city sucks ever since ive got here I met nothin but crazy sick weird people and arrogant college students
Eew shoudee'nt have keeped look'een een zee meereer. Why'ee don't eew een yeer three green teeth go back tew wheer eew ceem from?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Isaacs pools 8 min Genia 1
Eldridge and Meredith caught by JCP 3 hr Crazy 156
Tricities busted paper 6 hr Con Domm 4
whos the best lawyer in johnsoncity (Jul '13) 8 hr Ron Jenkins 2nd 69
Anthony Bell 12 hr Voter question 1
Infrastructure 13 hr Rocky1 1
east tn. brain and spine center (Mar '11) 22 hr Teasa 64
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Sun Capri142 1,515

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages