A marraige is neither legal nor illegal

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

Nickelback

Kingsport, TN

#1 May 3, 2013
GOD MAKES MARRAIGE, YOU IDIOTS. IF GOD PUTS TWO PEOPLE TOGETHER, ONLY A SATANIST WOULD TRY TO DISRUPT IT. WHAT GOD HATH JOINED, LET NO MAN SEPERATE. SO WHEN A STUPID PREACHER SAYS "SO, BY THE POWER VESTED IN ME BY THE STATE OF TENNESSEE, THAT'S NOT A REAL MAN OF GOD. NO MAN OF GOD WOULD CALL TENNESSEE HIS POWER. WHEN TWO GAY PEOPLE ARE MARRIED, THEY ARE MARRIED. PERIOD. NO DEBATE, NO DISCUSSION, NO DOUBT.
SAME THING GOES FOR HETEROSEXUAL.
80% OF ALABAMA BELIEVE IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL FOR DIFFERENT RACES TO MARRY. IT'S 2012 BUT IN ALABAMA IT'S STILL 1965.
IF I WERE A BLACK ATHLETE, I WOULDN'T PLAY FOR BAMA OR AUBURN OR ANY RED STATE.
GOD MAKES MARRAIGES, NOT STATES. STATES WORK FOR SATAN.
Joe

United States

#2 May 4, 2013
Nickelback wrote:
GOD MAKES MARRAIGE, YOU IDIOTS. IF GOD PUTS TWO PEOPLE TOGETHER, ONLY A SATANIST WOULD TRY TO DISRUPT IT. WHAT GOD HATH JOINED, LET NO MAN SEPERATE. SO WHEN A STUPID PREACHER SAYS "SO, BY THE POWER VESTED IN ME BY THE STATE OF TENNESSEE, THAT'S NOT A REAL MAN OF GOD. NO MAN OF GOD WOULD CALL TENNESSEE HIS POWER. WHEN TWO GAY PEOPLE ARE MARRIED, THEY ARE MARRIED. PERIOD. NO DEBATE, NO DISCUSSION, NO DOUBT.
80% OF ALABAMA BELIEVE IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL FOR DIFFERENT RACES TO MARRY. IT'S 2012 BUT IN ALABAMA IT'S STILL 1965.
You're an idiot. The state authorizes certain people , such as members of the clergy, judges, justices, etc., to perform ceremonies. So yes the state does vest in them the power to do it. And just because someone says "what god has joined together" doesn't make it so. That's why 50% of marriages fail, because god has not joined them together.
Mike

Lexington, NC

#3 May 4, 2013
You need to read the Bible. God don't put homosexuals together. Homosexuals are reprobates. Idiot!
Hillbilly boy

United States

#4 May 5, 2013
Nickelback wrote:
God makes marriages between man and woman.

God does not make sin.

Satan is quick to use every device he can to confuse or misguide or twist foolish and Biblically ungrounded people into sinning or supporting sin (which is a sin in and of itself).

Satan uses pride to lure state officials and politicians into supporting sinful things.

Pride, love of money, love of self, and many other things, which all are symptoms of false pride. That is how Satan lures foolish politicians into sinning.

God does the exact opposite.

God gave us the Bible to tell us what the standards are that we are expected to follow. He also gave us free will to choose. The only choice we do not have, is not to choose.

Everyone must judge themselves by their beliefs and therefore actions.

The politicians who corrupt themselves with sin and chasing sinful legislation are just shining examples of fallen individuals who are Hell bound unless they repent.

Who wants to be like them? Who wants to go to Hell and burn in a lake of fire for eternity and infinity?

(Not me!)

It is up to us to regulate ourselves and obey Gods word, or reject it and condemn ourselves. It is unchanging, the standard will remain the same no matter what.
Cheese Puff Daddy

Farmington, MO

#5 May 5, 2013
Hillbilly boy wrote:
<quoted text>God makes marriages between man and woman.

God does not make sin.

Satan is quick to use every device he can to confuse or misguide or twist foolish and Biblically ungrounded people into sinning or supporting sin (which is a sin in and of itself).

Satan uses pride to lure state officials and politicians into supporting sinful things.

Pride, love of money, love of self, and many other things, which all are symptoms of false pride. That is how Satan lures foolish politicians into sinning.

God does the exact opposite.

God gave us the Bible to tell us what the standards are that we are expected to follow. He also gave us free will to choose. The only choice we do not have, is not to choose.

Everyone must judge themselves by their beliefs and therefore actions.

The politicians who corrupt themselves with sin and chasing sinful legislation are just shining examples of fallen individuals who are Hell bound unless they repent.

Who wants to be like them? Who wants to go to Hell and burn in a lake of fire for eternity and infinity?

(Not me!)

It is up to us to regulate ourselves and obey Gods word, or reject it and condemn ourselves. It is unchanging, the standard will remain the same no matter what.
The one thing I've taken from this thread was a theory I explored after reading about it on a FB page. The idea was to totally deregulate marriage. Take the state law out of it, take any advantages or disadvantages away offered by the federal government. This would in turn take away any legal issues associated with who can or can't get married. It sounds like a great idea to me except for age requirements.

Like I said, its just a theory.
Jeff

Gainesboro, TN

#6 May 24, 2013
I'm just sitting here,Reading these posts...Laughing until my sides are literally hurting.You people honestly believe YOUR religion has the power to have laws passed in it's favor. First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion".And it also grant's one's right to free speech.But beside that.So what,Some states grant same sex marriage.How exactly does that affect any of you?It's like saying it's unfair someone is eating a candy bar because you're on a diet.It's just utterly stupid to base a argument on that...Especially when it's trying to favor religion...Not to mention,If you honestly are stating that one's intelligence is inferior to your's simply because they don't follow a two thousand year old religion has has been clearly altered so many times by so many people so they could intimidate people into doing their bidding.I'm afraid that you may have been the victim of irony...Also.Stop associating satan with politicians...Stop pretending that Christianity is is like some innocent child and that non-believers is some big bad wolf that's out to kill it.Mentioning the innocent...How about how The Knights Templar terrorized throughout Europe and the middle east?Killing all that didn't serve god?So yeah,I'll just leave this here.Oh,Before anyone states that i'm being defensive of gay rights because i am gay or something.No,I'm actually heterosexual.And i have a girl friend who i love dearly to prove that.
Cheese Puff Daddy

Malden, MO

#7 May 24, 2013
Jeff wrote:
I'm just sitting here,Reading these posts...Laughing until my sides are literally hurting.You people honestly believe YOUR religion has the power to have laws passed in it's favor. First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion".And it also grant's one's right to free speech.But beside that.So what,Some states grant same sex marriage.How exactly does that affect any of you?It's like saying it's unfair someone is eating a candy bar because you're on a diet.It's just utterly stupid to base a argument on that...Especially when it's trying to favor religion...Not to mention,If you honestly are stating that one's intelligence is inferior to your's simply because they don't follow a two thousand year old religion has has been clearly altered so many times by so many people so they could intimidate people into doing their bidding.I'm afraid that you may have been the victim of irony...Also.Stop associating satan with politicians...Stop pretending that Christianity is is like some innocent child and that non-believers is some big bad wolf that's out to kill it.Mentioning the innocent...How about how The Knights Templar terrorized throughout Europe and the middle east?Killing all that didn't serve god?So yeah,I'll just leave this here.Oh,Before anyone states that i'm being defensive of gay rights because i am gay or something.No,I'm actually heterosexual.And i have a girl friend who i love dearly to prove that.
Marriage isn't exclusive to religion, there's countries that have never heard of Christianity that observe marital unions. What do you think about just deregulating marriage all together like my previous post? Take the law out of it and you avoid any and all legal problems associated with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
muskett bowl 1 hr Volunteer87 17
anyone know 2 hr Megadelusional 13
Ron Dykes Danny Good Vicki Woodward 9 hr Ronald 7
Hit Chicks Softball 10 hr Blazierview 10
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 13 hr Grandma in Maui 260
Karla Kyte Productions 17 hr Five O-Clock Some... 60
Jay Arthur of Jonesburough 17 hr paisley0130 1
Johnson City Dating
Find my Match

Johnson City People Search