Formeremployee

Johnson City, TN

#24 Dec 19, 2013
I'm a former employee, DO NOT give this man your card information! He files it in simple little drawers with no locks. He is a racist womanizer. I used to work at sun tan city and I recommend people to go there even though they are pushy with sales. They are at least professionals who aren't nasty. Beware of the cameras at tan 2000 also. We got complaints every day, for various reasons. Chris does not care about the customer, he wants your card information and that's it. They don't change out the rags to clean the beds each time like you're SUPPOSED to and thats cross contamination.
Erica

Johnson City, TN

#25 Feb 4, 2014
Sounds like a disgruntled employee that probably got fired for not doing her job properly. I frequent TAN 2000 and so do TONS of my friends. We love it. Someone that loses their job for something THEY did shouldnt get on here and spread lies, especially doing it without putting their full name.
Tanning Sheek

Charlotte, NC

#26 Feb 16, 2014
I just started tanning at Tan 2000 and I'm striped from bad bulbs. I've not even been tanning here for a month and my tan is uneven. I tan at the Boones Creek location in the Food City shopping center. I'm going to talk to them on my next visit and more than likely go to STC. I think it's rediculious to pay for a service and not get what you want. I hope I can get out of the contract.
ha good luck

Huntersville, NC

#27 Feb 16, 2014
Tanning Sheek wrote:
I just started tanning at Tan 2000 and I'm striped from bad bulbs. I've not even been tanning here for a month and my tan is uneven. I tan at the Boones Creek location in the Food City shopping center. I'm going to talk to them on my next visit and more than likely go to STC. I think it's rediculious to pay for a service and not get what you want. I hope I can get out of the contract.
You'll never get out of that contract
So true

United States

#28 Feb 20, 2014
I like this place
Sun

Summerfield, NC

#29 Feb 22, 2014
Love tan 2000
Where

United States

#30 Feb 25, 2014
Where is best place to tan then?
Cancer

United States

#31 Feb 26, 2014
I love this place. But I do worry because I feel like I'm addicted to it. I could go everyday because it is so relaxing.
Tonya

Blacksburg, SC

#32 Mar 1, 2014
I love this place.
Karen Rochelle

Johnson City, TN

#33 Mar 10, 2014
this manager is not out to scam anyone! Read your contracts and keep up your payments.
RRR

Kingsport, TN

#34 Apr 16, 2014
BBB Relations wrote:
I just checked our records and TAN 2000 of Johnson City TN has an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau. Over 14 years in business and a very solid and stable company.
ha ha ha ha yeah right. All I have to say people is look it up yourself. BBB. Terrible scam to get peoples money. Will not show me a contract I supposefly signed 2 yrs ago. No word all of this time after cancelled contract. Now collections say I owe 400 . Crazy . Will not even give me a name of somebody to talk with. Lawyer involved as well as better buisiness bureau. Look out Kingport tan 2000. Lawyers coming for u with several people we have rounded up that u scammed. U are going down!
Michael

Jonesborough, TN

#35 Apr 24, 2014
RRR wrote:
<quoted text>ha ha ha ha yeah right. All I have to say people is look it up yourself. BBB. Terrible scam to get peoples money. Will not show me a contract I supposefly signed 2 yrs ago. No word all of this time after cancelled contract. Now collections say I owe 400 . Crazy . Will not even give me a name of somebody to talk with. Lawyer involved as well as better buisiness bureau. Look out Kingport tan 2000. Lawyers coming for u with several people we have rounded up that u scammed. U are going down!
I want in on this we have been scammed as well with 298 from 3 years ago!! I'll pay a lawyer before I pay him! Plus he cussed my wife out
Yep

Mooresville, NC

#36 May 4, 2014
SKIN CANCER IS SO COOL! You're gonna look fantastic when they finish all that wonderful reconstructive plastic surgery from the melanoma!
Jordan21

Bristol, TN

#37 Aug 31, 2014
Never tan or work here, former employee of tan 2000 and Sun tan city you can't beat them, why bc I'm not getting sexually harassed by Chris Brown!
No

Charlotte, NC

#38 Aug 31, 2014
Jordan21 wrote:
Never tan or work here, former employee of tan 2000 and Sun tan city you can't beat them, why bc I'm not getting sexually harassed by Chris Brown!
If all these employees are being sexually harassed, why isn't it being reported??
hate chris

Sparta, TN

#39 Sep 1, 2014
Current employee, and these people aren't lying. All Chris Brown, the owner, wants is your credit card info so he can take your money. He doesn't try to make anything right with a unhappy customer, and he asks almost every new girl to be his "personal assistant" and when you say no he gets butt hurt and treats you terrible. All he wants you to do as his personal assistant is look pretty and sit there so he can stare at you. He tries to take you out of town "for business" but that's not it at all. Worst place I've worked at and advise NO ONE to work here! Filing a lawsuit very shortly.
Tina

Bristol, TN

#40 Sep 13, 2014
Why has Tan 2000 Especially in "Boones Creek" not been shut down??!!! I have proof "pictures of Cameras" Chris Brown and (Julia the "manager" that was caught embezzling almost 7 grand last year at the "Clinique Counter"). We already know you did something to get that job. But why underwork or overwork someone if they don't go "look at a house" with you Chris Brown. Investigation been going on for years I think we finally got him now!! Soooo long Tan 2000!!! I worked there a week and learned all this and talked to the other girls that also left right after me. All former employees have "actual damn proof" and nothing has happened yet?? Use our tax money to get sex offenders
Tina

Bristol, TN

#41 Sep 13, 2014
hate chris wrote:
Current employee, and these people aren't lying. All Chris Brown, the owner, wants is your credit card info so he can take your money. He doesn't try to make anything right with a unhappy customer, and he asks almost every new girl to be his "personal assistant" and when you say no he gets butt hurt and treats you terrible. All he wants you to do as his personal assistant is look pretty and sit there so he can stare at you. He tries to take you out of town "for business" but that's not it at all. Worst place I've worked at and advise NO ONE to work here! Filing a lawsuit very shortly.
It would be better if all of us girls go together and file a law suit. Sun tan city knew about him a loooong time ago. They have simply tried to shut them down for so long because of him sexually harassing every pretty young employee. Some girls are up for it, means better hours and a lot more money! Sorry a lot of us have MORALS!! We left! We didn't get Fired! Sorry for those who like it but we do have proof of cameras in the tanning bed rooms for sure at "boones Creek location" so I'm sure they are at every store. I was asked to go look at "huge houses" with him by via text message. I also via text message have him asking me what I was doing three times in a 5 minute spanned. Via txt message also have him saying he will take me to Knoxville to the CheeseCake Factory and the mall to shop and if I was extra extra good he would take me to the Outlets. Needless to say I got myself and two other girls I know of the hell out of there! This is all proof!
Tina

Bristol, TN

#42 Sep 13, 2014
Jordan21 wrote:
Investigation has been going on for over a year, I don't know why with all of us former employees with actual proof of cameras in the rooms. Also the proof of via txt message sexual comments. If you don't obey what he wants. Your over worked if you have kids apparently and underworked if your just a 21 year old being sexually harassed. I will say he is someone sneaky and smart when it comes to what to text. Where's the police???!!!
Judy

Jonesborough, TN

#43 Sep 21, 2014
I went to TAN 2000 in Boones Creek for a couple of years. It was a great place and I had no problems. I started going to the location beside Kroger, because it was more convenient for me to go after work. I went into the store in July to cancel my membership and they stated that I would be charged for two months, if I cancelled it then. The young girl was very nice and she stated that if I wanted to just come a couple of times a month that I could and it would pay for its self. She instructed me to come back at the end of September and the sixth payment would be withdrawn in October and I could cancel after the October payment. I went in attempted to cancel and now they are telling me that the first payment didn't count. So now I will be paying 7 months on a six months contract. I spoke with the manager on the phone which was a total waste of time and they basically called me a liar and said I would need to pay through October and they refused to cancel my membership. I am going to hold up to my end of the bargain and pay for October then I will cancel my credit card and they can send it to collections for the remaining balance. which will be 19.99 plus tax. I will return to Sun Tan City next year. The staff is well trained and you can cancel over the phone. I to will report them to the better business bureau, because I don't care who the owner is friends with someone needs to put a stop to this. They lost a long time customer today. It is obvious those of you posting all these threatening posts on here are Tan 2000 employees. I just want you to remember without the customers you have no job!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Paul Moran (Jun '10) 1 hr Kim Coleman 60
Good churches in JC? 4 hr Looking to 2
Confederate Flag Hooplah 4 hr Meh 25
Meetings for Atheists in SWVA/NETN 20 hr sosrs 42
Debate: Gay Marriage - Johnson City, TN (Jul '10) 21 hr Christian C Chris... 306
Ignoring red light camera citations. (May '14) Sat dont 22
Illegal Search By Police In Tennessee 7/4/13 (Jul '13) Sat police corruption 25
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Sat DonotBeThatNaive 865
More from around the web

Johnson City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages