Sunshine

Batesburg, SC

#1 Aug 2, 2012
Please everyone come together now to stand up against hate & equal human rights. Whether you're gay, black, white, straight, etc. you do not have to believe what others believe in but don't hate or judge someone just because they're not just like you. People are all different & please stand up against judgement & hate. Just because someone does fit into your mold of what you feel is morally right doesn't mean they should've treated any different than you. Treat others as you would want to be treated!
Mose100

Johnson City, TN

#2 Aug 6, 2012
Sunshine wrote:
Please everyone come together now to stand up against hate & equal human rights. Whether you're gay, black, white, straight, etc. you do not have to believe what others believe in but don't hate or judge someone just because they're not just like you. People are all different & please stand up against judgement & hate. Just because someone does fit into your mold of what you feel is morally right doesn't mean they should've treated any different than you. Treat others as you would want to be treated!
That's a bit of a problem, a bit too simplistic. When someone "stands up" against what THEY PERCEIVE to be hate or injustice they will be considered on the opposite side of the perception. Then they will be name called as an enemy and then the ruckus begins. "I'm ok,you're ok" doesn't always work. What you are asking is that we all become sheep and excuse everything. People must take a stand on their beliefs and not cave in to what they know in their hearts to be wrong.
JBO POLICE

Huntersville, NC

#3 Oct 7, 2012
I love hating people.
OldTennGranny

Johnson City, TN

#4 Oct 7, 2012
Mose100 wrote:
<quoted text> People must take a stand on their beliefs and not cave in to what they know in their hearts to be wrong.
I agree.
Booker Phillips

Marion, VA

#5 Oct 7, 2012
Sunshine wrote:
Are you to have us believe that disagreeing with another's lifestyle is synonymous with hate?
Bobby

Johnson City, TN

#6 Oct 7, 2012
Booker Phillips wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you to have us believe that disagreeing with another's lifestyle is synonymous with hate?
Can you quit trying to start a fight with every one of your posts? I realize you do this for your own entertainment, but good grief, get a life.
Booker Phillips

Marion, VA

#7 Oct 7, 2012
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you quit trying to start a fight with every one of your posts? I realize you do this for your own entertainment, but good grief, get a life.
It was meant as a legitimate question. I have read on forums of similar topic that people who disagree with another's lifestyle are considered to be narrow-minded. Are we any more narrow-minded than the OP who obviously believes that people who have strong moral beliefs and disagree with certain lifestyles are filled with hate?

There is not a person on this earth short of child molesters, psychopaths, and those of extreme deviance and evil that I feel I could not sit down with and enjoy an intelligent conversation of our agreements and/or disagreements. I am comfortable in my beliefs and values, but I do not begrudge those who differ. But to say that I, and others like me, are filled with hate is a little overzealous don't you think?
Bobby

Johnson City, TN

#8 Oct 7, 2012
Booker Phillips wrote:
<quoted text>
It was meant as a legitimate question. I have read on forums of similar topic that people who disagree with another's lifestyle are considered to be narrow-minded. Are we any more narrow-minded than the OP who obviously believes that people who have strong moral beliefs and disagree with certain lifestyles are filled with hate?
There is not a person on this earth short of child molesters, psychopaths, and those of extreme deviance and evil that I feel I could not sit down with and enjoy an intelligent conversation of our agreements and/or disagreements. I am comfortable in my beliefs and values, but I do not begrudge those who differ. But to say that I, and others like me, are filled with hate is a little overzealous don't you think?
This is the most sensible post I have seen your write and I agree. But please read "Sunshine's" post again. She wasn't calling anyone a hater. You just inferred it. I realize there are a lot of posts on here that are infuriating. Most of them are written by unreasonable people who have nothing better to do than to try to persuade someone to their way of thinking by blaspheming them or verbally abusing them. That never works and puts people used to reading these types of posts on the defensive.

I found Sunshine's post to actually be a little more pleasant than the normal politically biased bantering that is often found on this forum. Picking on her for that post I felt was a little harsh.

But I do agree with everything you said in your last post though.
Patrick

Johnson City, TN

#9 Oct 7, 2012
Mose100 wrote:
<quoted text>That's a bit of a problem, a bit too simplistic. When someone "stands up" against what THEY PERCEIVE to be hate or injustice they will be considered on the opposite side of the perception. Then they will be name called as an enemy and then the ruckus begins. "I'm ok,you're ok" doesn't always work. What you are asking is that we all become sheep and excuse everything. People must take a stand on their beliefs and not cave in to what they know in their hearts to be wrong.
What we liberals want is this | if you think gay is wrong, then don't be gay. If you think Ellen degenerous is evil, then don't be evil.....but what I'm getting real sick of is CRAP like this...we have republicans reps in ths are who think their somehow above everybody else. And we have a screwed up church lot that thinks that THEY should decide what is right. Churches are the ingest hate groups of all...I can't freaking stand them and I'm a Christian.

David hawk, representative from Greeneville was talking about domestic violence two days before he punched his wife in the face on a Sunday morning while she was holding a baby....and you people are going to re elect them....look for me, I think hitting women in the face is wrong....but if that's how they want it in Greene cointy then who am I to judge...I think hitting women is wrong, slim not going to do it.

On the other hand. I have a granddaughter entering into the school system. If at anytime, she is approached and bullied by one of these jpkids from a religious freak show homestead, I am not going to say a word to the kid....I am going directly to the child's father.. It will start out as a conversation. There might be an explanation. There might be a peaceful way to handle it.....if not, I will pound that church going freak shows face into hamburger meat right in his own front yard......bully me or mine and its an ass whipping right in front of your family....the kids need to see their dads ass get whipped right in front of them....

Live and let live...F with me and pay serious consequences. I treat everyone with dignity and respect. I will have no mercy on a hater....I saw a charge on an account that I share with my 25 year old daughter. Cic fil a .... I called her.......she and my granddaughter are forbidden to dine at that establishment. Peaceful solution without any controversy...I am the patriarch and I rarely EVER exercise my authority. I don't have to. My daughter is wonderful...now, somebody mistreat her, and see what happens to you..
Patrick

Johnson City, TN

#10 Oct 7, 2012
Booker Phillips wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep it to yourself is what we're asking.
Patrick

Johnson City, TN

#11 Oct 7, 2012
Booker Phillips wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's my point. All due respect . I'm sure that there are parts of your lifestyle that I don't agree with. Lets say I disapprove of the undereducated and people who are unshaven.......just for example , but to an extent, I feel that way..... I think thes no excuse for perfect personal hygiene and education.....shall I wear tshirts that say so....shall I open a restaurant chain and say so on television? Frankly, I don't like. Church people, but I rarely take my car keys and scrape the side of their automobiles....love and let live...shave and read is all I ask.....
Barb

Johnson City, TN

#12 Oct 7, 2012
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
What we liberals want is this | if you think gay is wrong, then don't be gay. If you think Ellen degenerous is evil, then don't be evil.....but what I'm getting real sick of is CRAP like this...we have republicans reps in ths are who think their somehow above everybody else. And we have a screwed up church lot that thinks that THEY should decide what is right. Churches are the ingest hate groups of all...I can't freaking stand them and I'm a Christian.
David hawk, representative from Greeneville was talking about domestic violence two days before he punched his wife in the face on a Sunday morning while she was holding a baby....and you people are going to re elect them....look for me, I think hitting women in the face is wrong....but if that's how they want it in Greene cointy then who am I to judge...I think hitting women is wrong, slim not going to do it.
On the other hand. I have a granddaughter entering into the school system. If at anytime, she is approached and bullied by one of these jpkids from a religious freak show homestead, I am not going to say a word to the kid....I am going directly to the child's father.. It will start out as a conversation. There might be an explanation. There might be a peaceful way to handle it.....if not, I will pound that church going freak shows face into hamburger meat right in his own front yard......bully me or mine and its an ass whipping right in front of your family....the kids need to see their dads ass get whipped right in front of them....
Live and let live...F with me and pay serious consequences. I treat everyone with dignity and respect. I will have no mercy on a hater....I saw a charge on an account that I share with my 25 year old daughter. Cic fil a .... I called her.......she and my granddaughter are forbidden to dine at that establishment. Peaceful solution without any controversy...I am the patriarch and I rarely EVER exercise my authority. I don't have to. My daughter is wonderful...now, somebody mistreat her, and see what happens to you..
After reading enough of ridiculous posts like this one, I have finally found the courage to respond to one. My response is to simply shut up. Nobody is paying any attention to these ridiculous banterings. This forum is a great place for some to vent, but acting like a complete embecile takes away any decency this forum could possibly have. Grow up a little please. You are not setting a good example for your poor grand kids.
Booker Phillips

Marion, VA

#13 Oct 8, 2012
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the most sensible post I have seen your write and I agree. But please read "Sunshine's" post again. She wasn't calling anyone a hater. You just inferred it. I realize there are a lot of posts on here that are infuriating. Most of them are written by unreasonable people who have nothing better to do than to try to persuade someone to their way of thinking by blaspheming them or verbally abusing them. That never works and puts people used to reading these types of posts on the defensive.
I found Sunshine's post to actually be a little more pleasant than the normal politically biased bantering that is often found on this forum. Picking on her for that post I felt was a little harsh.
But I do agree with everything you said in your last post though.
I really meant no ill will towards her with my question. I just wanted clarification if that was what she was inferring. If you stay on here long enough though, it is pretty easy to grow defensive.
Booker Phillips

Marion, VA

#14 Oct 8, 2012
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so filled with your own biases that you don't realize that you are stereotyping churchgoers just as you say churchgoers are stereotyping gays. What is wrong with two groups of people sharing different beliefs and opinions? Would you really want to live in a country where everybody shares the same opinions and beliefs? I think it would be pretty damn boring. We should be thankful that we live in a country where we are not told what we can believe and are not punished for having differing opinions.

And while we are on the subject, do you not think that there are many gays who attend church and many Christians who accept homosexuality? Of course there are! Do you not think there are many Democrats who oppose homosexuality and many Republicans that accept it? Of course there are! Can I not love someone who is gay, yet disagree with their lifestyle? Of course I can.

And I don't know how this post turned into you wanting to whoop everybody's ass, but you need to calm down. Your daughter is obviously fortunate to have such a protective father, but I don't recall anyone on here questioning your manhood or insulting your daughter. I thought it was you Democrats that were supposed to be the tolerant ones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Amy Carrillo (May '10) 3 hr Hope 8
Ebola control 7 hr Zzz 23
Russians that used to work at Wal Mart (Jul '11) 11 hr VanceCheeksSqueak... 26
ashley and steve grindstaff divorced? 12 hr UncleJimBob 8
who buys ginseng in johnson city? 15 hr naynay 3
who needs some luvin tonite 22 hr Monica 2
Humana or Crestpoint ? Fri Pod 3
NutriMost - New Diet Scam Thu mcumbee 253
Johnson City Dating
Find my Match