Reagan

Banner Elk, NC

#21 Dec 9, 2013
BlazersR us wrote:
Belzar is a moron.
Mandela was a communist.
Obama should be impeached.
Mandela was a communist who was president and signed the constitution of a democracy? Do you realize how ignorant you are?
Pontiff

Johnson City, TN

#22 Dec 9, 2013
Roger wrote:
<quoted text>
So now freedom and equality are communist values. Sounds like the tea party to me.
It's spines like both the tea party and the nazi regime and I'm serious.mthey are the same thing.
Pontiff

Johnson City, TN

#23 Dec 9, 2013
Reagan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mandela was a communist who was president and signed the constitution of a democracy? Do you realize how ignorant you are?
Of he knew how ignorant he was, he wouldn't be ignorant. He's stupid. Don't get the two confused. Ignorance can be repaired with education, you can't fix stupid.

This dude is Ron Ramsey stupid, so his only real hope is a frontal lobotomy
lalelani

South Africa

#24 Dec 10, 2013
Mandolindela wrote:
I cannot believe you people think Nelson Mandela actually did anything. He was only a figurehead aimed at an excuse to have the South African nation declare apartheid reform. He was only an icon aimed to make you idiots believe he actually had some control. Let me hear your rendition of "Old Man River". The fact is, he was just an unsatisfied Negro hell bent on making a name for himself in spite of his hatred for white people. Do some research and don't try to tell me he was a mild mannered pariah. The man was knee deep in communist values and politics and being used as a symbol of an excuse to go with the money. South Africa did away with the status quo simply because money talked, no more, no less. It can be hidden as a social reform agenda, but we all know better.
You are clueless. Where your whole reasoning went wrong is that you seem to have completely factored out black South Africans and so your take on him is wrong. Do you think black south africans were just passively existing under apartheid. And mandela just a random terrorist for no apparent reason. Mandela was known by black SAns before the media told the rest of you about him. He wasn't some random terrorist are you insane, do you know what apartheid was ?! Who gives a damn if he was being supported by communists ! Not us that's for damn sure, a communist is better than a racist in pretty much anybodies books. Do you think we were just passively existing oblivious to the fact that we were being discriminated against. Back then SA was in debt and on the verge of civil war, it was because of Mandelas leadership that we transitioned peacefully from an oppressive regime to the democracy we are today without any war and bad blood.
lalelani

South Africa

#25 Dec 10, 2013
Pork Sausage wrote:
<quoted text>Give us a break. The end of apartheid was an economic, not a moral issue. Mandela was merely a poster boy to put a spin on it. To say one old man put it all together and brought about harmony is a real hoot. You got a problem with southern states? We are doing fine without your Yankee presence. Why don't you go on a hunger strike to whip us into shape? Your death by starvation would be one less loudmouth to put up with.
You need more than a break, you need a reality check. The end of apartheid only economic and not a moral issue ? Have you been to SA. Have you actually watched our television or maybe took a walk in town or in like a mall and you compare it to like 1970 and you tell me the end of apartheid was only economic. There are more black middle class people today like myself than white in SA starting from practically non existent, the number of black student in university has more than quadrupled, just two months ago there was a black student who made the first digital lazer. The arts, music, culture, film, fashion, atmosphere and just about everything has changed from the old SA. most people don't even know the names of the previous presidents, I didn't either till a few years ago because those weren't our presidents. SA began with madiba.
lalelani

South Africa

#26 Dec 10, 2013
LowDo wrote:
<quoted text>South Africa is a socialist train wreck. To call it a democracy is a sadly gray area. Some policies slightly resemble a democracy but many are socialist. The economy is stagnant, unemployment is rampant, the standard of living is deplorable, AIDS is soaring, and the citizens are fed up with the government. Atrocities and foreign intervention are everyday things there. Sounds like Mandelas puppet masters really did a bang up job there.
SA has a better constitution than the USA. You think AIDs just sprung out of the ground in 1994 because Mandela was president ? Yes who isn't fed up with their government. But some are not fed up enough cause they won't vote for anyone but the ANC. "Atrocities and foreign intervention are everyday things" now your just making things up. Most murders happen in poor areas and crime is very high in certain areas which inflates the whole statistic for everywhere else. "Unemployment is rampant" so I'm sure every black person was employed and doing their dream job during apartheid, you forget that stats from during apartheid are about as reliable as an open ended condom. SA is a brilliant country our economy is growing you tool. Its a million times more vibrant and alive in all aspects than during apartheid.
Non Com

Blountville, TN

#27 Dec 10, 2013
LENNY wrote:
The world became an even darker place today when one of the few remaining true lights of freedom and equality died today. The president will give his speech at 2200 tomorrow.
He took a nation every bit as bad as our own southern states and turned them around without firing a single shot. To the contrary he went to prison for 26 years and even forgave his captors, his most famous words in my opinion is when he went on his hunger strike and simply said " I WILL NOT EAT UNTIL MY PEOPLE ARE FREE"
Each of the living presidents weighed in including the Bush's.
I thought it was rather ironic that here is Nelson Mandela who won a legitimate war without any violence. And here is GW Bush who killed a million people for no reason whatsoever in Iraqi Freedom. A war criminal praising a war hero.
God Bless Nelson Mandela and Goddamn GW Bush. Amen.
Spoken like a true dumbass. FYI Mandela was a member of the African National Congress, a teerorist organization responsible for the deaths of thousands of Africans.
Facts are facts

United States

#28 Dec 10, 2013
Obozo the dicktator is
First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.
First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States
First President to violate the War Powers Act..
First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico .
First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.
First President to spend a trillion dollars on ‘shovel-ready’ jobs when there was no such thing as ‘shovel-ready’ jobs.
First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.
First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.
First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
First President to tell a CEO of a major corporation (Chrysler) to resign.
First President to terminate America ‘s ability to put a man in space.
First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer and to say that America is no longer a Christian nation.
First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke-out on the reasons for their rate increases.
First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is allowed to locate a factory.
First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.
First President to actively try to bankrupt an American industry (coal).
First President to fire an inspector general of Ameri-Corps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office.
First President to surround himself with radical left wing anarchists.
First President to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years in office, 102 to date.
First President to hide his medical, educational and travel records.
First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.
First President to go on multiple global “apology tours” and concurrent “insult our friends” tours.
First President to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends paid for by the taxpayer.
First President to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.
First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense.
First President to repeat the Holy Quran & tell us the early morning call of the Azan (Islamic call to worship) is the most beautiful sound on earth.
First President to tell the military men and women that they should pay for their own private insurance because they “volunteered to go to war and knew the consequences”.
Then he was the First President to tell the members of the military that THEY were UNPATRIOTIC for balking at the last suggestion.
First President to side with a foreign nation over one of the American 50 states (Mexico vs Arizona).
How is this hope and change working out for you? THERE'S AN ELECTION COMING UP...I HOPE YOU REMEMBER THIS LIST WHEN YOU VOTE!
Pork Sausage

Kingsport, TN

#29 Dec 10, 2013
lalelani wrote:
<quoted text>
You need more than a break, you need a reality check. The end of apartheid only economic and not a moral issue ? Have you been to SA. Have you actually watched our television or maybe took a walk in town or in like a mall and you compare it to like 1970 and you tell me the end of apartheid was only economic. There are more black middle class people today like myself than white in SA starting from practically non existent, the number of black student in university has more than quadrupled, just two months ago there was a black student who made the first digital lazer. The arts, music, culture, film, fashion, atmosphere and just about everything has changed from the old SA. most people don't even know the names of the previous presidents, I didn't either till a few years ago because those weren't our presidents. SA began with madiba.
Oh boy. Now I suppose you expect us to believe you are a South African living in the tri cities. Your statistics are entirely wrong. One thing the end of apartheid did bring about was a welfare set up for a very few. The re-distribution of white wealth never happened and never will. The majority of murders, including torture are being focused on white farmers. I just got to ask. If you are a South African, singing the praises of that foul country, what the hell are you doing here?
lalelani

South Africa

#30 Dec 10, 2013
Pork Sausage wrote:
<quoted text>Oh boy. Now I suppose you expect us to believe you are a South African living in the tri cities. Your statistics are entirely wrong. One thing the end of apartheid did bring about was a welfare set up for a very few. The re-distribution of white wealth never happened and never will. The majority of murders, including torture are being focused on white farmers. I just got to ask. If you are a South African, singing the praises of that foul country, what the hell are you doing here?
Yes I am south african. I don't stay in the USA if that's what you mean by staying in one of the tricities, you do realize africa sees the same internet you do right. I don't expect anything from you, I don't even know you. Which stat did I mention that is wrong. Farm murders are not the majority of murders, white people only constitute 1.8% of total murder victims in SA. If you don't believe what I say google it or ask ill link you to the proof. You've obviously never been to SA if you think the situation is that a few blacks are on welfare and the rest are poor, clearly. You are obviously someone who frequents racist websites and that's where you get your information. why would you assume farm murders are the majority of murders, the majority of murders are between people who know each other in impoverished areas, there are actual studies done and also after that whole embarrassing red october protest nonsense (that most white SAns did not appreciate) those people were given plain stats showing that whites are the least effected by crime in SA. You do know there are poor whites and white hobos in south africa right. Let me save you the trouble here's an article. http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-29/s...

Stop taking what you read on racist sites like stormfront as doctrine. I get so annoyed especially on youtube where you just get hordes of tools repeating the same nonsense that seems to be popular within their racist circles, like SA had no black people when white people came. Read actual sources !
Barry

United States

#31 Dec 10, 2013
Blame every thingy on Bush and yes bow down to me.
Pork Sausage

Kingsport, TN

#32 Dec 10, 2013
lalelani wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am south african. I don't stay in the USA if that's what you mean by staying in one of the tricities, you do realize africa sees the same internet you do right. I don't expect anything from you, I don't even know you. Which stat did I mention that is wrong. Farm murders are not the majority of murders, white people only constitute 1.8% of total murder victims in SA. If you don't believe what I say google it or ask ill link you to the proof. You've obviously never been to SA if you think the situation is that a few blacks are on welfare and the rest are poor, clearly. You are obviously someone who frequents racist websites and that's where you get your information. why would you assume farm murders are the majority of murders, the majority of murders are between people who know each other in impoverished areas, there are actual studies done and also after that whole embarrassing red october protest nonsense (that most white SAns did not appreciate) those people were given plain stats showing that whites are the least effected by crime in SA. You do know there are poor whites and white hobos in south africa right. Let me save you the trouble here's an article. http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-29/s...
Stop taking what you read on racist sites like stormfront as doctrine. I get so annoyed especially on youtube where you just get hordes of tools repeating the same nonsense that seems to be popular within their racist circles, like SA had no black people when white people came. Read actual sources !
You have raised the bullshit alert sensors to a new level. So you claim to be in S. Africa and by some stroke of fate have found a Topix thread in a little town in the good ol'e USA. But I will entertain your post anyhow out of morbid curiosity. There were 4000 white farmers murdered last year in S. Africa. With only a 1.8% white murder victim rate, that leaves a 98.2 percent comparative rate of blacks being murdered.........that's an astonomical and inordinate number of murders for any civilization! That sure would be a hell of a lot of dead black folk in such a wonderful country. You fail to mention the extreme poverty, the rationing of electricity, the old school Zulu beliefs and civil unrest there. Not that I take you seriously, but I haven't been to S. Africa, nor have I been to Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Liberia or any of those other poor excuses for a country.
LowDo

Kingsport, TN

#33 Dec 11, 2013
lalelani wrote:
<quoted text>
SA has a better constitution than the USA. You think AIDs just sprung out of the ground in 1994 because Mandela was president ? Yes who isn't fed up with their government. But some are not fed up enough cause they won't vote for anyone but the ANC. "Atrocities and foreign intervention are everyday things" now your just making things up. Most murders happen in poor areas and crime is very high in certain areas which inflates the whole statistic for everywhere else. "Unemployment is rampant" so I'm sure every black person was employed and doing their dream job during apartheid, you forget that stats from during apartheid are about as reliable as an open ended condom. SA is a brilliant country our economy is growing you tool. Its a million times more vibrant and alive in all aspects than during apartheid.
I'm sorry if I have come across so negatively. I work with several very nice people from South Africa and Liberia. They are thrilled to be here. It is no wonder South Africa is called the rape capital of the world. Simply because it is the truth. You boast of the advances in culture and arts. If you consider cheap exports from the Dan tribe to be that, more power to you. Your economy isn't growing with respect to the citizens, in fact it is becoming more and more a cesspool of humanity with murder, rape and political fraud more than ever before. The old guard is still in charge. You say South Africa has a better constitution than America? Maybe they might, but the execution of it is deplorable. But back to the subject at hand, that being Mandela. That old bogus gray haired daddy of truth, justice, and humanity was just an old bastard being made into a hero, when he was no more than a pawn for the Soviets, Dutch and other nations with a stake in the mix. Don't feel bad, we Americans have been fed the lies of George Washington being a saint too. As for the foreign intervention, it's real and thriving with thugs and carpet baggers from the surrounding nations taking a free ride on a corrupt government. Don't get me wrong, I have ever so much respect for the South Africans that have wised up and made it here to America. It's just a crying shame that it is available to so few. South Africans are some of the most friendly, intelligent and interesting people around. It seems almost a conundrum....they are shunned by American blacks. I think they have paid their dues without excuses. Maybe it is because they don't act like they have something to prove or have a chip on their shoulder, and just want to live a life free of more oppression. I'm not saying that to seem racist, I'm just saying it because it is a fact and I applaud the South Africans for their refusal to become entitled. All in all, I don't mean to put you down. I just see things differently, but respect your opinion.
lalelani

South Africa

#34 Dec 11, 2013
Pork Sausage wrote:
<quoted text>You have raised the bullshit alert sensors to a new level. So you claim to be in S. Africa and by some stroke of fate have found a Topix thread in a little town in the good ol'e USA. But I will entertain your post anyhow out of morbid curiosity. There were 4000 white farmers murdered last year in S. Africa. With only a 1.8% white murder victim rate, that leaves a 98.2 percent comparative rate of blacks being murdered.........that's an astonomical and inordinate number of murders for any civilization! That sure would be a hell of a lot of dead black folk in such a wonderful country. You fail to mention the extreme poverty, the rationing of electricity, the old school Zulu beliefs and civil unrest there. Not that I take you seriously, but I haven't been to S. Africa, nor have I been to Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Liberia or any of those other poor excuses for a country.
Just google nelson mandela topix and this is one of the results that comes up. I don't know how to make you believe me unless maybe I start posting in zulu or something but then you'll say I'm using a translator. I don't care if you don't take me seriously what difference does it make. 4000 dead farmers last year ? Rubbish, that's the total they claim has been killed since 1994 which is not even 4000 its less and even that is questionable since they were found to include names of people who weren't farmers, or farmers who weren't white. Your understanding of how stats work is wrong, its 1.8% of total murder victims, so if you have 20000 murder victims 360 are white. The rest are divided between blacks, coloureds and indians. What civil unrest ?! "Old school zulu beliefs." Do you mean the muti murders, people who believe human body parts have magic medicine properties, that's not a zulu belief those are nut jobs. Europeans used to eat mummified human body parts as medicine too. Doesn't mean its part of european culture.
lalelani

South Africa

#35 Dec 11, 2013
"I work with several very nice people from South Africa and Liberia. They are thrilled to be here."
- and i know way more than two foreigners who are happy to have moved to SA. So what's your point, people go where they want to and you'd expect them to be thrilled where they go because they wanted to go there. They wouldn't be too thrilled living in some frigid nordic village would they.
"It is no wonder South Africa is called the rape capital of the world." SA is one of the few third world countries that is able to take good stats, people say we're the crime capital and other meaningless things. There are cities in the USA with higher crime rates than SA.
" You boast of the advances in culture and
arts. If you consider cheap exports from the Dan tribe to be that, more power to you."
- I'm not boasting. I'm simply telling you facts. Whats dans tribe now ? You need to travel more if you think african culture is just tribes.
"Your economy isn't growing with respect to the citizens, in fact it is becoming more and more a cesspool of humanity with murder, rape and political fraud more than ever before."
- what's your evidence for this ? Please share it with me. Economy is growing and crime stats are going down.
"back to the subject at hand, that being Mandela.
That old bogus gray haired daddy of truth,
justice, and humanity was just an old bastard
being made into a hero, when he was no more
than a pawn for the Soviets, Dutch and other
nations with a stake in the mix."
- really well I wish we had more pawns like him around. Without mandela SA would have gone into all out civil war. He's achieved more in his life than you and your whole family put together. His death was on every channel hour after our since he died, it effected the economy and got world leaders from arouns the world to drop their schedules and come to SA.
"Don't feel bad,
we Americans have been fed the lies of George
Washington being a saint too. As for the foreign
intervention, it's real and thriving with thugs
and carpet baggers from the surrounding
nations taking a free ride on a corrupt
government."
- I'm sorry for you then but we actually know Nelson Mandela personally before he went to prison and after. We thought highly of him before and after, only difference now is the world does too. we also have footage of him.
"Don't get me wrong"
- no, your doing fine with that all on your own.
" I have ever so
much respect for the South Africans that have
wised up and made it here to America."
- okay I'm glad for you
"It's just a
crying shame that it is available to so few. South
Africans are some of the most friendly,
intelligent and interesting people around. It
seems almost a conundrum....they are shunned
by American blacks. "
- You are a fool. What do black americans have to do with this ? Because theyre black ? What if I said I wonder why the serbians shun american whites. You'd rightly consider me a fool in that case. Your narrow mindedness is real palpable.
"I think they have paid their
dues without excuses. Maybe it is because they
don't act like they have something to prove or
have a chip on their shoulder and just want to
live a life free of more oppression. I'm not saying
that to seem racist, I'm just saying it because it
is a fact and I applaud the South Africans for
their refusal to become entitled. All in all, I don't
mean to put you down. I just see things
differently, but respect your opinion"
I hear your opinion and I think its fraught with ignorance.
LowDo

Kingsport, TN

#36 Dec 11, 2013
lalelani wrote:
"I work with several very nice people from South Africa and Liberia. They are thrilled to be here."
- and i know way more than two foreigners who are happy to have moved to SA. So what's your point, people go where they want to and you'd expect them to be thrilled where they go because they wanted to go there. They wouldn't be too thrilled living in some frigid nordic village would they.
"It is no wonder South Africa is called the rape capital of the world." SA is one of the few third world countries that is able to take good stats, people say we're the crime capital and other meaningless things. There are cities in the USA with higher crime rates than SA.
" You boast of the advances in culture and
arts. If you consider cheap exports from the Dan tribe to be that, more power to you."
- I'm not boasting. I'm simply telling you facts. Whats dans tribe now ? You need to travel more if you think african culture is just tribes.
"Your economy isn't growing with respect to the citizens, in fact it is becoming more and more a cesspool of humanity with murder, rape and political fraud more than ever before."
- what's your evidence for this ? Please share it with me. Economy is growing and crime stats are going down.
"back to the subject at hand, that being Mandela.
That old bogus gray haired daddy of truth,
justice, and humanity was just an old bastard
being made into a hero, when he was no more
than a pawn for the Soviets, Dutch and other
nations with a stake in the mix."
- really well I wish we had more pawns like him around. Without mandela SA would have gone into all out civil war. He's achieved more in his life than you and your whole family put together. His death was on every channel hour after our since he died, it effected the economy and got world leaders from arouns the world to drop their schedules and come to SA.
"Don't feel bad,
we Americans have been fed the lies of George
Washington being a saint too. As for the foreign
intervention, it's real and thriving with thugs
and carpet baggers from the surrounding
nations taking a free ride on a corrupt
government."
- I'm sorry for you then but we actually know Nelson Mandela personally before he went to prison and after. We thought highly of him before and after, only difference now is the world does too. we also have footage of him.
"Don't get me wrong"
- no, your doing fine with that all on your own.
" I have ever so
much respect for the South Africans that have
wised up and made it here to America."
- okay I'm glad for you
"It's just a
crying shame that it is available to so few. South
Africans are some of the most friendly,
intelligent and interesting people around. It
seems almost a conundrum....they are shunned
by American blacks. "
- You are a fool. What do black americans have to do with this ? Because theyre black ? What if I said I wonder why the serbians shun american whites. You'd rightly consider me a fool in that case. Your narrow mindedness is real palpable.
"I think they have paid their
dues without excuses. Maybe it is because they
don't act like they have something to prove or
have a chip on their shoulder and just want to
live a life free of more oppression. I'm not saying
that to seem racist, I'm just saying it because it
is a fact and I applaud the South Africans for
their refusal to become entitled. All in all, I don't
mean to put you down. I just see things
differently, but respect your opinion"
I hear your opinion and I think its fraught with ignorance.
Perhaps I have spoken too soon about the good manners and self respect I have witnessed in the South Africans living here. You are the exception. Generally speaking,many African Americans dislike South Africans because they don't buy into the jive and expected entitlement some blacks in USA count on. More or less, they consider South Africans as refusing to act "black enough". But the more I hear from you, the more you sound like one of them.
lalelani

South Africa

#37 Dec 11, 2013
LowDo wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps I have spoken too soon about the good manners and self respect I have witnessed in the South Africans living here. You are the exception. Generally speaking,many African Americans dislike South Africans because they don't buy into the jive and expected entitlement some blacks in USA count on. More or less, they consider South Africans as refusing to act "black enough". But the more I hear from you, the more you sound like one of them.
Africans do well in the USA in general except maybe those who are there as refugees who don't do well anywhere most of the time. Unless "African americans" is one person. Saying they hate us is really silly since there are a lot of them who come here, some who stay. I saw lots of them crying for mandela on the news. Even Rihanna and maxwell were performing here this year. Even when alicia keys was here she modified her empire state of mind song by replacing newyork with Durban and also Johannesburg, doesn't seem like hate to me. you are trying to conceal your racism but its not working because the way you think is how racists think. You think like a pack animal, all african americans don't think together and why would I care what african americans think anymore than maybe asian americans or others. They're not from here they're from west africa and I think some of south west africa, we have no special link with them besides being on the continent which their ancestors were from. Many of them wouldn't even be considered black in south africa because they're mixed.

African americans are a minority that has been bullied for hundreds of years and continue to be bullied in that country of yours. I do think a lot of them need to stop that self limiting talk, if you watch a lot of black american comedy a lot of the jokes are just white people this black people that and they swear a lot. A lot of them are trapped in a paradigm that was formed due to their history. I was born in 1992 when I was growing up the buzz word in SA was young and black, all over television and everywhere, we were never made to feel inferior so we never defined ourselves in a limiting way like that. All of the richest african americans are either in sport or entertainers, all of the richest Africans are in business, there's obviously a mindset difference there due to the paradigms in our communities. In South africa acting white just means you can't speak a black language fluently not that your smart or speak english properly, a lot of us speak english better than a lot of the white people anyway. But not all of african americans are like that, like I hate when people say all south africans are xenophobic just because a few of the poorest of the poor in SA believe foreigners are taking jobs from them. I dont identify with or have anything in common with those people. They are a different demographic with their own mindset and beliefs because of their economic situation and I guess also all the foreigners they interact with tend to be illegal and part of the poverty. African american music and movies are popular here, and their accent and dialect, its probably more popular among young black and coloured people than standard english, but all that is popular in most of the world anyway.
lalelani

South Africa

#38 Dec 11, 2013
*Young, black and gifted. Was the buzz in SA. Just replace (young and black) above.
LowDo

Kingsport, TN

#39 Dec 11, 2013
lalelani wrote:
<quoted text>
Africans do well in the USA in general except maybe those who are there as refugees who don't do well anywhere most of the time. Unless "African americans" is one person. Saying they hate us is really silly since there are a lot of them who come here, some who stay. I saw lots of them crying for mandela on the news. Even Rihanna and maxwell were performing here this year. Even when alicia keys was here she modified her empire state of mind song by replacing newyork with Durban and also Johannesburg, doesn't seem like hate to me. you are trying to conceal your racism but its not working because the way you think is how racists think. You think like a pack animal, all african americans don't think together and why would I care what african americans think anymore than maybe asian americans or others. They're not from here they're from west africa and I think some of south west africa, we have no special link with them besides being on the continent which their ancestors were from. Many of them wouldn't even be considered black in south africa because they're mixed.
African americans are a minority that has been bullied for hundreds of years and continue to be bullied in that country of yours. I do think a lot of them need to stop that self limiting talk, if you watch a lot of black american comedy a lot of the jokes are just white people this black people that and they swear a lot. A lot of them are trapped in a paradigm that was formed due to their history. I was born in 1992 when I was growing up the buzz word in SA was young and black, all over television and everywhere, we were never made to feel inferior so we never defined ourselves in a limiting way like that. All of the richest african americans are either in sport or entertainers, all of the richest Africans are in business, there's obviously a mindset difference there due to the paradigms in our communities. In South africa acting white just means you can't speak a black language fluently not that your smart or speak english properly, a lot of us speak english better than a lot of the white people anyway. But not all of african americans are like that, like I hate when people say all south africans are xenophobic just because a few of the poorest of the poor in SA believe foreigners are taking jobs from them. I dont identify with or have anything in common with those people. They are a different demographic with their own mindset and beliefs because of their economic situation and I guess also all the foreigners they interact with tend to be illegal and part of the poverty. African american music and movies are popular here, and their accent and dialect, its probably more popular among young black and coloured people than standard english, but all that is popular in most of the world anyway.
I will admit, the South Africans I know speak excellent English, perhaps more so than many of the white Americans and definitely more than the blacks. But the sign language! LOL. I'm only joking! What's your take on that big fiasco with the bogus interpreter? I have to say, that defies explanation regardless of which country we are in. I'm not going to make a big deal of it,(as the media is going to embellish and embroider), but it sure isn't good for public or international relations. Not to worry, here in the USA, politicians make blunders like it almost on a daily basis but usually find a way to blame it on somebody else! I applaud your honesty regarding not being concerned with the opinions of persons not of your particular location, background, or persuasion. I agree with your concept. Sadly, here in the USA that would be called racism in spite of the fact that it is just the plain truth.
lalelani

South Africa

#41 Dec 12, 2013
Low Do wrote:
<quoted text>I will admit, the South Africans I know speak excellent English, perhaps more so than many of the white Americans and definitely more than the blacks. But the sign language! LOL. I'm only joking! What's your take on that big fiasco with the bogus interpreter? I have to say, that defies explanation regardless of which country we are in. I'm not going to make a big deal of it,(as the media is going to embellish and embroider), but it sure isn't good for public or international relations. Not to worry, here in the USA, politicians make blunders like it almost on a daily basis but usually find a way to blame it on somebody else! I applaud your honesty regarding not being concerned with the opinions of persons not of your particular location, background, or persuasion. I agree with your concept. Sadly, here in the USA that would be called racism in spite of the fact that it is just the plain truth.
The whole memorial was just embarrassing. They say that interpreter has schizophrenia and apparently deaf schizophrenics do suffer auditory hallucinations. I don't know why then they didn't take that into consideration considering the enormity of the whole thing and gotten someone else. And the crowd also boos our president. I don't like Zuma much either, but that wasn't the time or place. Its probably due to the recently put etolls on certain roads in Gauteng that has everyone there hating him so much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 37 min Tanya 1,414
Eldridge and Meredith caught by JCP 1 hr Whoaa 8
Main Street pizza 3 hr I hear stupid people 7
ashley and steve grindstaff divorced? (Oct '14) 23 hr trash buster 27
Any good AA meetings near here that aren't at C... Tue Moonface 6
Quillen Rehabilitation Hospital (Oct '12) Tue Merci 31
Mattress signs Tue Moonface 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages