SMH

Jonesborough, TN

#67 Nov 10, 2013
Voltage wrote:
<quoted text>
See how the tea party platform parallels the nazi party
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/a...
F the tea party and I have to say that nothing would make my Christmas any happier than to learn that Ron Ramsey had developed pancreatic cancer. I love my country.
Thanks for showing how the extreme left in America is the true party of hate and vile.
The Boss

Johnson City, TN

#68 Nov 11, 2013
Why has the CEO chose not to close his stores yet? He has been threatening to close 500 stores for over a year now. If he bites his nose off to spite his face he will be broke and without smell. It must be a tough decision to choose between your money and Christian beliefs. We will see which one he loves more.
Pop

Bristol, TN

#69 Nov 11, 2013
The Boss wrote:
Why has the CEO chose not to close his stores yet? He has been threatening to close 500 stores for over a year now. If he bites his nose off to spite his face he will be broke and without smell. It must be a tough decision to choose between your money and Christian beliefs. We will see which one he loves more.
It's his company. He'll do whatever he wants to with it. Why do you care?
The Boss

Johnson City, TN

#70 Nov 11, 2013
Pop wrote:
<quoted text>
It's his company. He'll do whatever he wants to with it. Why do you care?
Because he sent mass E-mails stating that he was going to shut his business down and lay off his entire work force because stipulations in the affordable health care act violated his religious beliefs. I would not care if he had not made it a public event. He needs to make a decision and stop stringing his employees along. Why anybody still works there is beyond comprehension to me. It also makes me a little curious to see what his final decision will be. Will he keep the business and compromise his religious beliefs or will he close all of his 500 plus stores
Pop

Bristol, TN

#71 Nov 11, 2013
The Boss wrote:
<quoted text> Because he sent mass E-mails stating that he was going to shut his business down and lay off his entire work force because stipulations in the affordable health care act violated his religious beliefs. I would not care if he had not made it a public event. He needs to make a decision and stop stringing his employees along. Why anybody still works there is beyond comprehension to me. It also makes me a little curious to see what his final decision will be. Will he keep the business and compromise his religious beliefs or will he close all of his 500 plus stores
If you don't work there, why do you care?
Voltage

Kingsport, TN

#72 Nov 12, 2013
Pop wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't work there, why do you care?
It's called being an American, you Bafoon. If you don't work there, why are you on this post. F off, douchbag.(No offense)
Voltage

Kingsport, TN

#74 Nov 12, 2013
The Boss wrote:
<quoted text> Because he sent mass E-mails stating that he was going to shut his business down and lay off his entire work force because stipulations in the affordable health care act violated his religious beliefs. I would not care if he had not made it a public event. He needs to make a decision and stop stringing his employees along. Why anybody still works there is beyond comprehension to me. It also makes me a little curious to see what his final decision will be. Will he keep the business and compromise his religious beliefs or will he close all of his 500 plus stores
Well said. He wants the chic-fil-a attention ...... It backfired !!,
Happy

Johnson City, TN

#75 Dec 26, 2013
Maybe, just maybe, blue collar Americans are starting to realize who is with them and who is against them. Many of these employers hide behind he guise of. religion to keep from paying benefits. In every case the money is the real reason. Obama has been a major disappointment, but his weakness lies in his color. The teabaggers could not cooperate with a black man, at any cost to the country. Isn't it obvious?
The Boss

Johnson City, TN

#76 Dec 26, 2013
Pop wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't work there, why do you care?
He sent out a mass e - mail which I was a unfortunate recipient. I really have no beef on this topic however he forced it on me. Now I am curious.
American Worker

Johnson City, TN

#77 Dec 27, 2013
The Hobby Lobby owner is a hypocrite. He doesn't want his employees to have access to birth control and abortion through their insurance but doesn't mind obtaining the junk he sells from China where forced sterilization and abortion are part of official policy. I doubt the sight of a 55 gallon drum full of Chinese fetuses in various stages of development would even faze him. All that christian piety goes out the window when there's a buck to be made.
Pop

Bristol, TN

#78 Dec 27, 2013
American Worker wrote:
The Hobby Lobby owner is a hypocrite. He doesn't want his employees to have access to birth control and abortion through their insurance but doesn't mind obtaining the junk he sells from China where forced sterilization and abortion are part of official policy. I doubt the sight of a 55 gallon drum full of Chinese fetuses in various stages of development would even faze him. All that christian piety goes out the window when there's a buck to be made.
You idiot, it's his money, he can do whatever he wants to with it. When an organization starts telling another organization what to do with their money, the luster with owning that organization is lost. The reality is that everyone at Hobby Lobby lost their job due to an over zealous government. Now go pat Obama on the back for the aiding the job market liberal. No employer can be forced to remain open due to a guilty conscious. It is apparent you have never been an employer or operated a business with your own money.
duuurf

Jonesborough, TN

#79 Dec 27, 2013
Pop wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot, it's his money, he can do whatever he wants to with it. When an organization starts telling another organization what to do with their money, the luster with owning that organization is lost. The reality is that everyone at Hobby Lobby lost their job due to an over zealous government. Now go pat Obama on the back for the aiding the job market liberal. No employer can be forced to remain open due to a guilty conscious. It is apparent you have never been an employer or operated a business with your own money.
He can as long as he complies with the law. I missed the part about Hobby Lobby closing any stores anywhere. His company just announced in September they would be opening 30 more stores next year so why is he whining about having to comply with the new healthcare law. Sounds like he's hiding behind religion so he doesn't have to pay his fair share.
American Worker

Johnson City, TN

#80 Dec 28, 2013
Pop wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot, it's his money, he can do whatever he wants to with it. When an organization starts telling another organization what to do with their money, the luster with owning that organization is lost. The reality is that everyone at Hobby Lobby lost their job due to an over zealous government. Now go pat Obama on the back for the aiding the job market liberal. No employer can be forced to remain open due to a guilty conscious. It is apparent you have never been an employer or operated a business with your own money.
You just showed how clueless and ignorant you truly are. Good Job.
Pop

Johnson City, TN

#81 Dec 28, 2013
duuurf wrote:
<quoted text>
He can as long as he complies with the law. I missed the part about Hobby Lobby closing any stores anywhere. His company just announced in September they would be opening 30 more stores next year so why is he whining about having to comply with the new healthcare law. Sounds like he's hiding behind religion so he doesn't have to pay his fair share.
So what do you deem is his "fair share?" What is your fair share? How would you even know what his "fair share is? That loosely defined term is usually applied to taxes, not health benefits. Maybe you are one who thinks others should pay your taxes for you, and provide jobs, and provide healthcare so that you can live on an income of lesser proportions. There is no free lunch.
duuurf

Jonesborough, TN

#82 Dec 28, 2013
Pop wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you deem is his "fair share?" What is your fair share? How would you even know what his "fair share is? That loosely defined term is usually applied to taxes, not health benefits. Maybe you are one who thinks others should pay your taxes for you, and provide jobs, and provide healthcare so that you can live on an income of lesser proportions. There is no free lunch.
I'll break it down for a simpleton like yourself. Hobby Lobby doesn't want to provide health care coverage for their employees that comply with the new health care law. By weeding out the parts they don't like and conveniently doesn't fit their religious convictions, they can buy a lesser plan that's cheaper for them in the long run. It's the law, now live with it. If a business doesn't like it, that's tough, IT'S THE LAW DUMMY.
Pop

Johnson City, TN

#83 Dec 28, 2013
duuurf wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll break it down for a simpleton like yourself. Hobby Lobby doesn't want to provide health care coverage for their employees that comply with the new health care law. By weeding out the parts they don't like and conveniently doesn't fit their religious convictions, they can buy a lesser plan that's cheaper for them in the long run. It's the law, now live with it. If a business doesn't like it, that's tough, IT'S THE LAW DUMMY.
Excuse me sir, I know the new healthcare law quite well. Hobby Lobby doesn't have to provide any coverage. They can simply opt to pay the penalty. What a simpleton like yourself doesn't understand are simple business finances. If any business's costs start eating into the profit margin to a degree where it is not worth the time, trouble or energy to manage that business, then the owners of that business can simple divest all the assets and place the money in tax free bonds, earn a lot smaller percentage, and be done with the hassle. What you are instructing Hobby Lobby to do is to stay in business and limit what they can earn on their investment. Maybe he doesn't want to be limited to smaller returns. Therefore, it is his option to liquidate and invest in something else. A business is not in business to provide for employees. It is in business to earn a profit. Learn to live with that because that is what reality is.
duuurf

Jonesborough, TN

#84 Dec 28, 2013
Pop wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me sir, I know the new healthcare law quite well. Hobby Lobby doesn't have to provide any coverage. They can simply opt to pay the penalty. What a simpleton like yourself doesn't understand are simple business finances. If any business's costs start eating into the profit margin to a degree where it is not worth the time, trouble or energy to manage that business, then the owners of that business can simple divest all the assets and place the money in tax free bonds, earn a lot smaller percentage, and be done with the hassle. What you are instructing Hobby Lobby to do is to stay in business and limit what they can earn on their investment. Maybe he doesn't want to be limited to smaller returns. Therefore, it is his option to liquidate and invest in something else. A business is not in business to provide for employees. It is in business to earn a profit. Learn to live with that because that is what reality is.
I see you're not even smart enough to make up your own insults that you have to recycle mine. I think Hobby Lobby is making more than enough if they're forecasting 30 new store openings this year. What you're apparently too dumb to understand is this has nothing to do with them making more money than they know what to do with, it's that they have to comply with the health care law whether they like it or not.
Pop

Bristol, TN

#85 Dec 28, 2013
duuurf wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're not even smart enough to make up your own insults that you have to recycle mine. I think Hobby Lobby is making more than enough if they're forecasting 30 new store openings this year. What you're apparently too dumb to understand is this has nothing to do with them making more money than they know what to do with, it's that they have to comply with the health care law whether they like it or not.
There are only three ways to comply with the new ACA law. First, simply provide the required health benefits for all employees. Second, don't pay any of the required benefits and pay the penalty. Third, go out of business or reduce staff to under 50. That's it.

Hobby Lobby can choose any one of those three options and be legal.
duuurf

Jonesborough, TN

#86 Dec 28, 2013
Pop wrote:
<quoted text>
There are only three ways to comply with the new ACA law. First, simply provide the required health benefits for all employees. Second, don't pay any of the required benefits and pay the penalty. Third, go out of business or reduce staff to under 50. That's it.
Hobby Lobby can choose any one of those three options and be legal.
Correct, and they're not wanting to provide the required health benefits for all employees.
Pop

Bristol, TN

#87 Dec 28, 2013
duuurf wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, and they're not wanting to provide the required health benefits for all employees.
That would be their legal option #2.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 2 hr Michelle 480
Still no horses allowed the Tweetsie Trail (Aug '14) 2 hr HorseSense 74
GOP leadership will protect Obamacare 4 hr aaronburr 67
Freemasonry in Johnson City 8 hr lee 7
WJHL - Sara Diamond vs. Kylee McGivern 12 hr Mia 1
Religous Nuts in area 14 hr Tannieb 1
Cheap, agreed divorce 16 hr Agreed divorce help 1
Johnson City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Johnson City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:35 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 3:35PM
Agent: Panthers' Hardy seeking reinstatement from NFL
Bleacher Report 9:58 AM
Vince Young Registered at NFL Vet Combine
Bleacher Report 4:11 PM
Titans Release Bernard Pollard
NFL 4:12 PM
Titans to release safety Bernard Pollard
Yahoo! Sports 4:45 PM
Peterson just 1 of the players left in limbo by ruling