First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Curious

Martin, TN

#1 Apr 4, 2013
I read on line that there is going to be a klan rally there on may 18th. I'm just curious, does your city support the klan? Are there a lot of klan members who live there? Are there any black people that live there? I just find it amazing that anyone would allow a klan rally in this day and age
jussayin

Johnson City, TN

#2 Apr 4, 2013
I live in Jonesbourough and feel Im pretty up to date on happenings here. I have not heard they r coming,I do know they tried a few years ago and the town made it hard for them so they ended up down the road in the woods. Some idot had a gun and shot himself or someone.The people I know here are good people and would not support it. Yes we do have a black population here & we get along I would personally have to go protest this.Im not saying we don't have "stupid" people here as anywhere!
openmind

Johnson City, TN

#3 Apr 4, 2013
who says ther is nobody that would support it? you don't speak for evryone
nutup

Johnson City, TN

#4 Apr 4, 2013
like post said, there are stupid people everywhere. they come here there will be an [email protected]# whoopin.
Bart

Bluff City, TN

#5 Apr 4, 2013
openmind wrote:
who says ther is nobody that would support it? you don't speak for evryone
Nobody who is anybody would support it. As backward as this area is. I mean the lawmakers are absolute idiots. Nobody around here would show their face as supporting the KKK. Yes, there's plenty of STUPID around here, but you can't organize enough stupid to toilet roll a yard . A KKK rally around here is OUT. Tullahoma Tennnessee,,maybe.
jussayin

Johnson City, TN

#6 Apr 5, 2013
I totally agree that no one would support such ignorance. I believe it would be near impossible if enough people stood up and stepped forward peacefully for this to happen here. stupidity breeds stupidity' take for instance the above post:openmind-geez, learn to spell 1st. Then we will go from there. racist, stupid people who have no clue usually don't even know who the president is. don't spread hate.
Uncle Fred

Kingsport, TN

#10 Apr 12, 2013
jussayin wrote:
I totally agree that no one would support such ignorance. I believe it would be near impossible if enough people stood up and stepped forward peacefully for this to happen here. stupidity breeds stupidity' take for instance the above post:openmind-geez, learn to spell 1st. Then we will go from there. racist, stupid people who have no clue usually don't even know who the president is. don't spread hate.
Update! The rally is planned for April 27. All supporters are urged to meet IN the phone booth at the corner of Main and Broadway!
OldTennGranny

AOL

#11 Apr 13, 2013
I havent heard anything about this until now. Where are u all getting this information?

KKK has got to be the stupidest bunch of ppl in history!

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#12 Apr 13, 2013
OldTennGranny wrote:
I havent heard anything about this until now. Where are u all getting this information?
KKK has got to be the stupidest bunch of ppl in history!
Second stupidest Granny... the fools in Washington are tops there.
OldTennGranny

AOL

#13 Apr 13, 2013
FriendofDog wrote:
<quoted text>
Second stupidest Granny... the fools in Washington are tops there.
Well yeah, I agree. A bunch of thieves is what they are!
Cheese Puff Daddy

Park Hills, MO

#14 Apr 13, 2013
Curious wrote:
I read on line that there is going to be a klan rally there on may 18th. I'm just curious, does your city support the klan? Are there a lot of klan members who live there? Are there any black people that live there? I just find it amazing that anyone would allow a klan rally in this day and age
It's not up to a city to "allow" the Klan to rally, it's their constitutional right to peacefully assemble. I saw a Discovery Channel special about them and was shocked to see that the Imperial Wizard over the entire organization lives a couple blocks away from me. They showed him non chalantly conversing with our law officers on National TV. Strangely enough a couple months before it aired our city hired 2 black pice officers (kinda ironic huh?)..

The KKK will forever be a black eye in American History, they were created by southern democrats that used the laws to keep freed slaves oppressed after the Civil War. Their message today is more of the same but geared more towards segregation. We don't need to KKK to preach to us about segregation, we inadvertently practice it every day of our lives based on the decisions we make..

I moved out of the South but landed in a KKK hot bed here in the Midwest, smgdh.. At least now I know the problem goes way farther then just being "Southern Ignorance"
kkkentucky

United States

#15 Apr 17, 2013
Yes there will be a rally in johnston city, TN. I will not tell you the exact date or time, but were definitely coming! See you then!
Bring It

Johnson City, TN

#16 Apr 17, 2013
kkkentucky wrote:
Yes there will be a rally in johnston city, TN. I will not tell you the exact date or time, but were definitely coming! See you then!
We dont tolarate hate,evil& uneducated people or rallies around here. Ive lived here all my life darlin and you wont b the first piece of shit excuse we have ran off. Dont worry, nothing gets by here-we will know, we will find you and maybe we could bring you up to date about "all people are created equal", and the bible for you. I would love to get date and time of of your peaceful rally. I bet Adolph Hitler is your hero. How sad u r.
kkkentucky

United States

#18 Apr 18, 2013
Bring It wrote:
<quoted text> We dont tolarate hate,evil& uneducated people or rallies around here. Ive lived here all my life darlin and you wont b the first piece of shit excuse we have ran off. Dont worry, nothing gets by here-we will know, we will find you and maybe we could bring you up to date about "all people are created equal", and the bible for you. I would love to get date and time of of your peaceful rally. I bet Adolph Hitler is your hero. How sad u r.
Youre pretty sad... you know nothing about the klan. We do not support hitlers doings in any way....im not going to argue back and forth eith you. The only people showing the hate are you people against the klan...i find it hilarious that you fools dont even realize that. God bless you
Bring It

Johnson City, TN

#19 Apr 18, 2013
kkkentucky wrote:
<quoted text>
Youre pretty sad... you know nothing about the klan. We do not support hitlers doings in any way....im not going to argue back and forth eith you. The only people showing the hate are you people against the klan...i find it hilarious that you fools dont even realize that. God bless you
I guess next you are going to tell me that your a christian? Im a Christian and I dont hate you. I just cant comprehend your beliefs.I dont handle things through violence(in case my entry was misunderstood). I am a very open minded person, but I could never condone hate. I like meeting all kinds of different people, no matter what color their skin is. I have met evil people of all different "colors" Peace
Cheese Puff Daddy

Park Hills, MO

#20 Apr 18, 2013
The KKK is geared more toward segregation and racial purity now. Their goal is to try and preserve the white race and keep it from being bred into extinction. Blacks are welcome to join now, they are strongly advised not to tho due to the backlash it can cause in their communities and because its a risk to their life..
kkkentucky

United States

#21 Apr 18, 2013
Bring It wrote:
<quoted text> I guess next you are going to tell me that your a christian? Im a Christian and I dont hate you. I just cant comprehend your beliefs.I dont handle things through violence(in case my entry was misunderstood). I am a very open minded person, but I could never condone hate. I like meeting all kinds of different people, no matter what color their skin is. I have met evil people of all different "colors" Peace
i am a christian, a klansman, and i dont hate anybody. Im part of a traditional klan, which was never formed about hate. The ORIGINAL klan was about separatism and thats it! I dont bash blacks or any other group of people. If nobody has a problem with blacks, gays, mexicans having rallies...why cant we? Because the government has convinced you that were evil & its racist to be white and proud. You cant love America, the land of the free and not allow the klan to have their beliefs because you dont like them. People know absolutely nothing about what the klan stands for. We run a food and toy drive in our communities available to anyone of any race. Sick of being called a racist for my beliefs... if you think im a racist because i dont believe in race mixing, then fine. I will take that label. Whites arent allowed to have anything nowadays
Cheese Puff Daddy

Park Hills, MO

#22 Apr 18, 2013
Bring It wrote:
<quoted text>I guess next you are going to tell me that your a christian? Im a Christian and I dont hate you. I just cant comprehend your beliefs.I dont handle things through violence(in case my entry was misunderstood). I am a very open minded person, but I could never condone hate. I like meeting all kinds of different people, no matter what color their skin is. I have met evil people of all different "colors" Peace
You should watch the Discovery Channel special. It may help you to understand better. The Klan of today greatly differs from the Klan of the abolition days.

Let me ask you a question, would you be offended if a group of African Americans held a rally in the name of Black Pride?

In February, do you get offended that its black history month? Does that mean the other 11 months are White History Month?

In this day and age all races can express racial pride except white people. As soon as a white person expresses any pride in his race he is labeled a racist.

How long would a TV station called White Entertainment Television make it on cable before every minority in this country petitioned and protested it as a racist station?

This being said I don't support the Klan or wish to join but I do understand where they're coming from. These groups still use the name Ku Klux Klan because of its recognition factor. It's working too, look at how much attention they receive at the mere mention of it..
kkkentucky

United States

#23 Apr 18, 2013
Cheese Puff Daddy wrote:
The KKK is geared more toward segregation and racial purity now. Their goal is to try and preserve the white race and keep it from being bred into extinction. Blacks are welcome to join now, they are strongly advised not to tho due to the backlash it can cause in their communities and because its a risk to their life..
we are not violent in any way. The blacks kill eachother off faster than we ever could snyways. Blacks are not allowed, i dont know where youre getting your info. In a nutshell, today we want to preserve the white race. By 2024 hispanics will outnumber us and we will be the minority. We preserve our race by not mixing. But of course thats considered racist cos were white. Theres plenty of blacks and asians etc that eont mix but nobody calls them a racist. If you knew the real klan, were not bad people at all. Were not toothless rednecks from the trailer park. I wish you people knew the truth but it would take me hours. I have proof of everything i say.
Cheese Puff Daddy

Park Hills, MO

#24 Apr 18, 2013
kkkentucky wrote:
<quoted text>i am a christian, a klansman, and i dont hate anybody. Im part of a traditional klan, which was never formed about hate. The ORIGINAL klan was about separatism and thats it! I dont bash blacks or any other group of people. If nobody has a problem with blacks, gays, mexicans having rallies...why cant we? Because the government has convinced you that were evil & its racist to be white and proud. You cant love America, the land of the free and not allow the klan to have their beliefs because you dont like them. People know absolutely nothing about what the klan stands for. We run a food and toy drive in our communities available to anyone of any race. Sick of being called a racist for my beliefs... if you think im a racist because i dont believe in race mixing, then fine. I will take that label. Whites arent allowed to have anything nowadays
If you saw the Discovery Channel show that's my quaint little town they were passing out sandwiches and toothbrushes in. Lived here 2 years before I even knew they existed here. Not once have I driven to work early in the morning to the sight of lynch mobs and burning crosses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jonesborough Elem 1 hr Tiger Paw 1
New Life Praise and Worship 3 hr Hello 7
Jacob Potter (May '11) 12 hr TheXwife 17
Dogging (Sep '16) 16 hr junkyard 13
I Miss Anna Zook! Mon sign language 41
lickinggood Mon Wondering 10
April bass (Jan '13) Mon 4 years later 6

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages