TED NUGENT ROCKS

Pulaski, TN

#21 May 6, 2012
A not-for-profit corporation may not be formed for pecuniary profit or financial gain and the corporationís assets, income or profit may not be distributed to or otherwise used to benefit the corporationís members, directors or officers except as permitted by the Not-for-Profit Corporation Law, e.g., as reasonable compensation for services to the corporation.(See Sections 102 (a)(5) and 515).

"Seems MSHA finds a way around this every time!!!
Hurt

Johnson City, TN

#22 May 6, 2012
We all need to picket MSHA and tell them how we feel
Disgusted

Macon, GA

#23 May 6, 2012
What better time to do it- this week is nurses week. Real Nice MSHA!! Way to say thank you to nurses for all the years of dedication.
Ann

Johnson City, TN

#24 May 6, 2012
As we are here this week for surgery, I can say the nurses and staff are wonderful. I'm sorry for loss of jobs and people affected. They are saying most positions are unfilled ones. They said they were top heavy and most was admin positions. Not sure but I know we didn't have anyone advocate but we had updates from surgery as the day progressed. We are in excellent care. The comments on the elevators from visitors have been regarding the remodeling, but this hospital is far from the grandview of Abingdon, Bristol or Marion. Patient Care is Outstanding.
WTFE

Johnson City, TN

#25 May 6, 2012
I would love to see Welmont come into this community.. MSHA treats there employee's like dirt. I really hope that they begin to realize how stupid they where to down grade. Not sure why the let go the employee's that have been there 30 plus years. Its sad to think that they are no longer good for the company or how loyal they are to the employee after all those year of service. How can anyone say they are a good company to work for after all of this.
Ann

Johnson City, TN

#26 May 6, 2012
Breaks our heart to hear of people losing their jobs after 30 years, but I have been in about the same situation for the past 5 years. Had great management skills and trying to find a similar position with the same pay has not been done to this day. Never take anything for granted, companies know you only as a number now, what you have done for them in the past does not matter when they are saving the almighty dollar. It always amazes me the salary of the CEO's , but more so the bonus dollars they receive....those bonus dollars could pay for several employee salaries...
Lady bug

Johnson City, TN

#27 May 7, 2012
Well I know someone who works there and after they cut all these ppl they gave her a a big fat promotion making $25,000 more a year
Lady bug

Johnson City, TN

#28 May 7, 2012
That just makes me sick. sorry for all that lost a job.

Since: Feb 12

Jonesborough, TN

#29 May 7, 2012
Very sad. Maybe should have suspended construction instead of laying off.
ForTheLittleMan

Johnson City, TN

#30 May 10, 2012
This kind of thing would not happen if MSHA employees would stick together and speak with one voice. It's called a UNION!
Really

United States

#31 May 12, 2012
Did they do away with all the family advocate positions?
AppalachianAveng er

Johnson City, TN

#32 May 12, 2012
Really wrote:
Did they do away with all the family advocate positions?
Yes, they closed the program, got rid of everyone from the manager to the advocates themselves--leaving families without that valuable service from that day forward.
Fred

Johnson City, TN

#33 May 17, 2012
On the night of the layoffs, the CFO, Marvin Eichorn was seen at Peerless in a private room having dinner and quite the time.

Did DV take a pay cut from his 3 mill that he gets per year? no. Did he get rid of his personal asst (the one that is in addition to his secretary) and the persons only job is that and to be the admin asst to the board of directors? nope.. he's still there. God forbidden Dennis would be inconvenienced by cutting out someone elses life. This isnt their first cut either. They have been doing this quietly for over a year + now, eliminating handfuls of positions as to not draw attention, but then hiring Sr. VP's like lollipops.
Luci

Kingsport, TN

#34 May 17, 2012
Does anyone know if Sharon Cameron, with Pinnacle Club, was one of MSHA's terminated?
AppalachianAveng er

Johnson City, TN

#35 May 17, 2012
Yes, she was let go too.
seriously

Murfreesboro, TN

#36 May 19, 2012
right before the announcement of the job cut, a nurse manager announced the promotion of a nurse into the newly created position of assistant nurse manager. seriously? maybe if that nurse was put out on the floor to decrease the patient/nurse load instead of "promoted" into an office there wouldn't be a need for two people to "manage" the nurses. and by manage....i mean sit in the office and complain about problems they could get off their butts and do themselves. to be quite honest, they could do away with every single CNA position that exists if the nurses today had the same values of "old nurses" and would get off their butts and go help a patient to the bathroom instead of sitting in the breakroom updating their facebook. they would rather pay three people (the manager, the assistant, and the nurse) to make sure a patient gets their butt wiped by the aide than to have to go in and actually touch a human. that's patient centered care for ya! they spend money to install televisions in the elevators and wonder why people who get paid minimum wage won't stick around. if you ask me, MSHA could cut plenty more positions....put that extra money into the pockets of the people who actually do the work...and get along just fine. this is just one more example of "living beyond your means." paying someone to tell someone to do a job who tells someone to do a job who tells someone to do a job....when they could never afford to do that in the first place. it's just now finally catching up.
seriously

Murfreesboro, TN

#37 May 19, 2012
as a wise former employee once said to me, "we put the HELL in HELLthcare!"
Fred

Johnson City, TN

#38 May 21, 2012
Ann wrote:
As we are here this week for surgery, I can say the nurses and staff are wonderful. I'm sorry for loss of jobs and people affected. They are saying most positions are unfilled ones. They said they were top heavy and most was admin positions. Not sure but I know we didn't have anyone advocate but we had updates from surgery as the day progressed. We are in excellent care. The comments on the elevators from visitors have been regarding the remodeling, but this hospital is far from the grandview of Abingdon, Bristol or Marion. Patient Care is Outstanding.
Abingdon and Marion are both owned by MSHA. If the position that were eliminated were only the open positions, someone might want to let the 168 REAL people who were let go. Do you have money? Great insurance? Know someone there personally? Well, then sure you got great care!!! Trying being the other 75% of the population.. you know.. no money, no insurance and no job.. and see how you are treated.
DeeDee

Columbus, OH

#39 May 21, 2012
Another round is on the way.
Fred

Johnson City, TN

#40 May 24, 2012
Absolutely. Probably wont be as "big" as the last one. It will be one here and one there so as not to attract even more attention. What they havent told is that this isnt the first one. they did this last year... took a few from a few depts so as not to attract attention. They could care less about how the patient is treated or how they treat their employees. Its about building the empire, getting the Malcom Baldridge award and how many VP's he can have working for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
clw delivery? (Apr '12) 1 hr Doesitmatter 16
Jonesborough Elem 5 hr Tiger Paw 1
New Life Praise and Worship 7 hr Hello 7
Jacob Potter (May '11) 16 hr TheXwife 17
Dogging (Sep '16) 20 hr junkyard 13
I Miss Anna Zook! Mon sign language 41
lickinggood Mon Wondering 10

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance