Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

Judged:

I bet Mountain States wish they still had the 20,000 people insured thru Eastman still banking the payroll!
Employee

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

Judged:

They need to get rid of a few quack Drs. working there. I could name a few.
wondering

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

Judged:

Did the CEO take a paycut?
WTFE

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

Judged:

I have had many friends work there and they say it is not a good place to work..I agree I think they need to get rid of a few Doctor's and a few higher ups. I hope the ones that lost their job the best of luck finding a new and better job than working for the Money hungry place. They don't care about the worker's or patients.
Hurt

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

My wife lost her job due to these cuts
Sorry

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Judged:

I wonder how Vonderfects goons feel after delivering the pink-slips. I bet they all went out to dinner afterwards. Karma will get him in the end.
Sad

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Judged:

One of the ones terminated is battling cancer and has a sick daughter. Now she has to worry about being able to make her insurance payment so her daughter, not to mention,herself is taken care of until she can find a job. So so so sad.
mtngrl

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

What type of positions are they terminating? Everything? Nurses? I worked for MSHA for like 3 weeks it sucked I quit.
Cuts

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Judged:

They cut non patient care jobs, bits of administration, and cut hours on a few people. Some of the cuts were 30 year employees in Information Technology. Way to reward the ones that ushered the computer age to MSHA!!!

Still have 500 jobs posted on their website. And there hasn't been a slow in building or expansion of their current services.

Give it two weeks and all those jobs will be reposted so they can offer fewer benefits.
Sad

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Oh and also, its wonderful how they "USED" all these people to get thru Joint Commission then let them go. Way to go!
WTFE

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Judged:

I really hope that they can't find anyone on the street to sweep for them...How they used so many to build such an Empire.. I know a man that worked for 38 years and they let him go.. How loyal are they to the employee ...or community....NOT at all.. they are concerned about one thing....MONEY....Who care's about the lively hood of those that gave their life to them after all those years.. Its sad to think how corporate America is... I hope everyone goes to Welmont or some other facility.. I am sure all the higher up's got a raise this year.....
GET A LIFE

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Cuts wrote:
They cut non patient care jobs, bits of administration, and cut hours on a few people. Some of the cuts were 30 year employees in Information Technology. Way to reward the ones that ushered the computer age to MSHA!!!
Still have 500 jobs posted on their website. And there hasn't been a slow in building or expansion of their current services.
Give it two weeks and all those jobs will be reposted so they can offer fewer benefits.
AGREED!!! I left in May 2010. They hired a "supervisor" in my MANAGER role!!!
GET A LIFE

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Judged:

Thanks MSHA for ruining so MANY lives!!!!!!!!!! Go to
H-E-L-L!!!! I wonder if YOU sleep at night??? How could you for doing so many people WRONG!!!!!!!!!! It's like working for HITLER!!!
true

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

There was one resturant that delivered breakfest the next morning to them after announcing the cuts.
It was for several hundred dollars. Wonder if they were celebrating?
TED NUGENT ROCKS

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Judged:

true wrote:
There was one resturant that delivered breakfest the next morning to them after announcing the cuts.
It was for several hundred dollars. Wonder if they were celebrating?
They just USE and ABUSE you! I was there for ALMOST 5 years which made it seem like 15. They literally work the LIFE OUT OF YOU and then find a replacement. THANKS TENNESSEE FOR THE CRAPPY LABOR LAWS!!!
Disgusted

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

It is not true about only senior level being cut. They cut the patient advocate program- the group that keeps families informed during surgery and procedures. They cut tons of secretary positions and some front line managers. From what I've heard it was loyal hard working people- so sad for our community.
Sad

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Judged:

It is very sad. The patient advocates are very important and helpful. A lot of times they are the only support a person has in dealing with a loved one's sickness or trauma until family or friends can get to the hospital. Also,as am employee, Im anxious to see how many emails I get when press ganeys tank!!!!!!! Of course, it wont have anything to do with them cutting so many important positions.It'll be all our fault.
AppalachianAveng er

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Judged:

MSHA administration wants to bill themselves as Bringing Loving Care to Health Care and practicing Patient-Centered Care but then turns around and completely eliminates the Family Advocate program? They need to get rid of those utterly false catch phrases.

For years, the Family Advocate program has been the only lifeline for families in the emergency room, surgeries and the ICU to know what is happening with their loved ones. They want to gloss over what happened by reassuring the public that no bedside nurses were let go.

But they were seriously impacted.

Without the Family Advocates, who do you think these families are going to demand their information from? Sure, there will be the elderly volunteers but how many of them can explain and answer questions about the ins and outs of open heart surgery or cardiac cath procedures to terrified families? So those nurses will be pulled away from the bedside to answer questions for families, get blankets and pillows and chase down doctors to get updates.

Also, because very important, dedicated, caring nurse managers were spit out by these greedy folks, the bedside nurses will be without those mentors. People who were bedside nurses for many years who have moved to management, helping the new bedside nurses. New nurses need experienced people on their floors to learn from and look up to.

But hey, that's not nearly as important as a parking garage.

I feel very badly for any families who are going to have loved ones in surgery, the ER or ICU at JCMC for the near future where there are no Family Advocates.

I don't think Dennis Vonderfecht or Ed Herbert will be there to bring pillows to ICU families at 2am or arrange for a free cab ride for an ER patient. They'll be home, snug in their beds, as usual not caring for your family but now the difference is, they've gotten rid of the people who would be doing it instead.

MSHA administration has demonstrated many times that the they care only for money, not people and they have shown this to be true once again.

Disgusting.
TED NUGENT ROCKS

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Judged:

I just solved it folks!!! When it's time to spend money, the lay-offs begin...

Announcement set for $69 million surgery center at JCMC
TED NUGENT ROCKS

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

"What is a Not-for-Profit Corporation?

A not-for-profit corporation is a corporation formed pursuant to the Not-for-Profit Corporation Law. Not-for-Profit Corporation Law Section 201 (Purposes) provides a list of general purposes for which a not-for-profit corporation may be formed. The Certificate of Incorporation of a not-for-profit corporation must set forth the specific purposes for which the corporation is being formed. A not-for-profit corporation may not be formed for pecuniary profit or financial gain and the corporationís assets, income or profit may not be distributed to or otherwise used to benefit the corporationís members, directors or officers except as permitted by the Not-for-Profit Corporation Law, e.g., as reasonable compensation for services to the corporation.(See Sections 102 (a)(5) and 515)."

In other words, a not-for-profit has to spend its surplus funds on its self preservation, and can't pay out dividends.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
POLICE hide THP wife beater arrest 14 min tendollarsshort2b... 10
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 21 min WTH 9,262
Review: Personal Touch Pet Grooming (Jul '11) 26 min Amanda 15
County pleased with TCAP scores((FALSIFIED SCOR... 56 min eally 11
Where Does Boone Gate and Concessions Money Go 1 hr Audit Needed 3
Downtown and Farmers Market 3 hr Rose 7
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 3 hr JRgorilla 131

Search the Johnson City Forum:
•••
•••
Johnson City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••