Tennessee Midnight Rambler

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
LHCB

Esmont, VA

#1 Feb 23, 2008
Anybody out there listening to The Rambler on WQUT?
LHCB

Scottsville, VA

#2 Mar 13, 2008
apparently not....shame, too
yo mama

Johnson City, TN

#3 Mar 20, 2008
WQUT sucks. Add some music more to your playlist and quit playing the same thing over and over.
To Care

Johnson City, TN

#4 Mar 21, 2008
Who cares if you listen your in florida WQUT in Tn
LHCB

Scottsville, VA

#5 Mar 21, 2008
"Who cares if you listen your in florida WQUT in Tn "

LOL! WQUT is streamed worldwide on their website.

Seriously, I just wondered if anyone else was enjoying the return of The Midnight Rambler doing monthly shows on WQUT.
Dee Anna

Kingsport, TN

#6 Mar 26, 2008
I don't get to listen to him very often. But I was happy to hear he was back. Have you seen his myspace page? It is pretty informative.
LHCB

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Mar 26, 2008
Yep Dee, the Rambler Myspace page which can be found at:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...

is great!
The Rambler rocks again this Saturday nite at 9PM on WQUT! BE THERE!!!
LONG LIVE RAMBLER ROCK N ROLL!!!!
LHCB

Charlottesville, VA

#8 May 30, 2008
Don't forget to tune in to WQUT or listen live on their website this Saturday nite 05/31/08 at 9PM for The Rambler!
5146sdt

AOL

#9 Jul 25, 2008
yo mama wrote:
WQUT sucks. Add some music more to your playlist and quit playing the same thing over and over.
Of course WQUT sucks. ALL terrestrial radio sucks and is dying thanks to satellite radio. Try SIRIUS radio...more variety than you can imagine and REAL request lines. Sat. radio will do to FM what FM did to AM radio...turn 90% of them into news/talk/sports stations!! Can't you just imagine what the "free" radio people are saying as their industry goes out of business as a music source: they probably say "We have at least 20 minutes of commercials every hour, we have fake and/or nonexistent request lines, we have at least 10 minutes of inane chatter per hour, and the 30 minutes or so of music we do play is the SAME SONGS by the SAME BANDS every day...but people are dumping us for Satellite radio...I wonder why?" WEll, duh!! Ha! Check out SIRIUS radio..you won't be disappointed!!
Bullsh_t

Kingsport, TN

#10 Jul 25, 2008
I'm sure satellite will end up the same way if it ain't already. I know that Charter music sucks. They do the same thing play a song list over and over again. I used to live in Charlotte and the radio station(can't recall what it was called but the one that has JohnBoy and Billy) played "get the led out" everyday at 5pm for at least ten years.Now whenever I hear a Led Zeppelin tune I cringe. I used to listen to Midnite Rambler in the seventies when I was a teenager in J.C. Loved it then but not sure about now.
5146sdt

AOL

#11 Jul 26, 2008
Bullsh_t wrote:
I'm sure satellite will end up the same way if it ain't already. I know that Charter music sucks. They do the same thing play a song list over and over again. I used to live in Charlotte and the radio station(can't recall what it was called but the one that has JohnBoy and Billy) played "get the led out" everyday at 5pm for at least ten years.Now whenever I hear a Led Zeppelin tune I cringe. I used to listen to Midnite Rambler in the seventies when I was a teenager in J.C. Loved it then but not sure about now.
I don't think Satellite Radio will end up like charter. Charter is very similar to ClearChannel, but SIRIUS is not--even on their channels 14 and 15, which are classic rock. They realize that bands have actually made more than one or two songs. Of course, terrestrial radio DJ's serve no purpose as the music is completely computerized. But on sat. radio, is all about the MUSIC, unlike regualr radio which is just about playing as many commercials as possible. Satellite Radio gains over 100,000 subscribers per month, while terrestrial radio is growing in the low single digits, and even much of that is the news/talk stations. Now that Sirius and XM are finally merging, this could spell the end for terrestrial radio as a music source, and this was apparent in that regular radio opposed the merger. Do't be surprised if within a few years, many more FM stations are news or talk or sports. Check out SIRIUS or the DISH network radio--almost any type of music you can imagine, with NO COMMERCIALS and lots of variety..you won't be disappointed.
Bullsh_t

Kingsport, TN

#12 Jul 26, 2008
God, is this a walking commercial or what? No Thanks, I already have enough bills to pay.
5146sdt

AOL

#13 Jul 27, 2008
Bullsh_t wrote:
God, is this a walking commercial or what? No Thanks, I already have enough bills to pay.
Nope, not a commercial....just a real music fan who hates 99% of terrestrial radio.

Since: Oct 07

Johnson City, TN

#14 Jul 29, 2008
I completely agree. I used to try and stand listening to terrestrial radio in the Tri-Cities, and was driven crazy by the same top 40 and Christian music. I now subscribe to XM and have a new appreciation for car rides around town. The only terrestrial stations that I can stomach are WCSK and WETS (sometimes!)

There is a new alternative for the Tri-Cities though... the detour! http://www.thedetour.us -- community radio for the Tri-Cities

http://thedetour.us
Pancake

Lebanon, TN

#15 Jul 30, 2008
Just stay away from WRZK. Shawn Burke is an arrogant fat-boy douche and the music they play is horrible.

Hog slop is right.
5146sdt

AOL

#16 Jul 30, 2008
Pancake wrote:
Just stay away from WRZK. Shawn Burke is an arrogant fat-boy douche and the music they play is horrible.
Hog slop is right.
And don't forget their FAKE request lines and one fake request show after another they've had ever since they have been on the air. WRZK is yet another reason to switch to Satellite radio.
KangTheConqueror

Lebanon, TN

#17 Jul 31, 2008
5146sdt wrote:
<quoted text>And don't forget their FAKE request lines and one fake request show after another they've had ever since they have been on the air. WRZK is yet another reason to switch to Satellite radio.
I know a guy who used to work there who said that they were the most corrupt and most pathetic group of people he had ever come across. It was all about smoking up in the control rooms and harassing women. And yes, the request lines are fake - leave a message on the answering machine and it will be erased. No one ever checks it. All the calls are friends and buddys of the DJ's and they stage them because they are on a set playlist that NEVER changes.
Bandit

Kingsport, TN

#18 Aug 7, 2008
This is not the same midnight rambler that was on WQUT In the 70's ,,,,,,,,,,,,, if it is he has lossed the voice he had back then.
LHCB

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Aug 10, 2008
Bandit:
Thanks for getting this thread back on topic, and yes, this is the One and Only Original Tennessee Midnight Rambler! The Rambler has Rocked this area for over 30 years, and now the world thanks to WQUT streaming on the net. As for the voice, yours has also probably changed a bit in 30 years, as has mine. But The Ramblers High Energy, High Voltage, Burnin' Rock N Roll shows have only grown in magnitude.
HUH

Kingsport, TN

#20 Aug 10, 2008
LHCB wrote:
Bandit:
Thanks for getting this thread back on topic, and yes, this is the One and Only Original Tennessee Midnight Rambler! The Rambler has Rocked this area for over 30 years, and now the world thanks to WQUT streaming on the net. As for the voice, yours has also probably changed a bit in 30 years, as has mine. But The Ramblers High Energy, High Voltage, Burnin' Rock N Roll shows have only grown in magnitude.
I think you may be wrong on that one. He was there in the seventies but went off the air and just recently made a comeback.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fake Muslim Democrat at DNC 1 hr Honest Abner 193
Amanda Masoner 2 hr Learntospell 5
Tax And Spend David Tomita 7 hr Voter 41
clw delivery? (Apr '12) 18 hr NowYouKnow 9
hcg 19 hr test 3
Quality of Life Pain Clinic (Jan '13) Tue Mills 15
Eldridge and Meredith caught by JCP Tue Just saying 172
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Aug 20 Mary 1,555

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web