Why does Binghamton and Broome County suck so bad?

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Ex-Binghamtonian

Höst, Germany

#1 Apr 22, 2012
You people have some of the lowest quality of lives in the country and yet are too stupid to realize it. Keep voting the same, greedy people into office because that has worked so well for you in the past.

I'm so glad I moved out of the cheapskate capitol of the world.
Jack

Vienna, VA

#2 Apr 22, 2012
Forty years of the state and local governments thinking that they can tax our way to prosperity. Good paying jobs left for more business friendly environments and were replaced by low paying retail jobs. The weather sucks too...so that just adds to the overall depression in the area.
Joe

Washington, DC

#3 Apr 23, 2012
Hey jack,
I am a native Binghamtonian and live in Vienna VA. Small world. Want to meet up some time? I live by Westwood CC.
Jack

Washington, DC

#4 Apr 23, 2012
Joe wrote:
Hey jack,
I am a native Binghamtonian and live in Vienna VA. Small world. Want to meet up some time? I live by Westwood CC.
It is indeed small world. If you live on Kramer Drive the world got even smaller!
Ex-Binghamtonian

Lund, Sweden

#5 Apr 23, 2012
Jack wrote:
Forty years of the state and local governments thinking that they can tax our way to prosperity. Good paying jobs left for more business friendly environments and were replaced by low paying retail jobs. The weather sucks too...so that just adds to the overall depression in the area.
Part of the problem is the cheapskate mentality of the typical Binghamton or Broome resident. They expect 5 star service at discount prices. For example, you got a Binghamton council member who is on a crusade over a cheap ($5?) sticker people have to buy to put on big items they throw out. Seriously, how cheap does a person have to be to complain about that?

I've never seen a cheaper group of people get so worked up over their taxes going up by a couple of bucks. I live in the south now (which is a bit more conservative than Binghamton) and the people around me understand that a few walking trails paid for with tax dollars actually enhance the life of people around here. Not so in Binghamton, where extending a walking trail is a major source of contention. You people better start investing in some nice things or else nobody will want to live there.
jake

Elmira, NY

#6 Apr 24, 2012
I live in broome county and i don't have to worry about all those little thing's, why are you so worried about it if you don't live here anymore? many ppl here also have home's in different area's in the U.S. and outside of broome but our large income's are here right know.
Eyeroll

Sidney, NY

#7 Apr 25, 2012
Obviously they have nothing better to do, and no friends or life where they now reside.
Sad.
Jack

Vienna, VA

#8 Apr 26, 2012
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
It is indeed small world. If you live on Kramer Drive the world got even smaller!
Joe, after reading my previous post, I realized that if you do live on this street that my post may have freaked you out. My intent was to preserve yours and my anononymity. A friend from my old high school days told me her uncle lives in Vienna and I thought it might be you.
Neegroyd

Endicott, NY

#12 Apr 28, 2012
Sorry about the theft! I've changed it as you can see. Thanks for being a good sport about it. Keep spreading the word!
Jerry Garcia

Elmira, NY

#13 Apr 28, 2012
You two are the biggest problem of the area. You have no idea what you are talking about. People like you are the reason the country is in the shape it is. You are no better than anyone else except in your own minds. It must kill you to know that OUR president is black. Suck on that you two POS.
Joe

Washington, DC

#16 May 2, 2012
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe, after reading my previous post, I realized that if you do live on this street that my post may have freaked you out. My intent was to preserve yours and my anononymity. A friend from my old high school days told me her uncle lives in Vienna and I thought it might be you.
Jack,
No harm done. I would like to talk to you, just to reminisce. I went to Binghamton Central class of 81. Not sure how to connect, without broadcasting my number or email. Any ideas?
Jack

Indianapolis, IN

#17 May 2, 2012
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack,
No harm done. I would like to talk to you, just to reminisce. I went to Binghamton Central class of 81. Not sure how to connect, without broadcasting my number or email. Any ideas?
Do not broadcast any personal contact info on this forum...EVER! It just might be easier to meet up at the VI some night for a beer. I'm a couple of years younger than you, but its possible our paths have crossed before. Binghamtonn is a small town. Just curious...what elementary school did you go to in Bing?
Anna

Montour Falls, NY

#18 May 2, 2012
There must be a KKK meeting down there for you all to go to.
Jethro

Binghamton, NY

#19 May 2, 2012
Just the local inbred shut-ins with nothing better to do.
Jack

Washington, DC

#22 May 15, 2012
Jerry Garcia wrote:
You two are the biggest problem of the area. You have no idea what you are talking about. People like you are the reason the country is in the shape it is. You are no better than anyone else except in your own minds. It must kill you to know that OUR president is black. Suck on that you two POS.
Who exactly is this post directed at?
Jerry Garcia

Cooperstown, NY

#23 May 16, 2012
The post was directed at the two morons who always post about how blacks are the cause of everything bad. They are the problem with the whole country and not just this area. I have no respect for anyone who considers themselves above anyone else.

“Drug Business Consult Snce1982”

Since: Mar 09

Greater Binghamton, New York

#25 May 16, 2012
My work related broadcasts and radio shows have been acknowledged by several TV agents over the years. Today I received a serious offer to present two scripts for possible TV reality shows. 1st Fight Back how to clean up any neighborhood from drug traffic and gangs in 72 hours. 2nd Drug Testing Nightmares based on the book I wrote Drug Testing Exposed. You can listen to any of the broadcasts or radio shows at http://www.rapiddrugtest.com/&#8203;mp3.p...

Maybe I will get a chance to show how easy it really is to clean up Binghamton and Triple Cities. Sure to upset local political and law enforcement agenda's
Marcellus Shale

Netherlands

#27 May 18, 2012
Mike Bonventre Fight Back wrote:
My work related broadcasts and radio shows have been acknowledged by several TV agents over the years. Today I received a serious offer to present two scripts for possible TV reality shows. 1st Fight Back how to clean up any neighborhood from drug traffic and gangs in 72 hours. 2nd Drug Testing Nightmares based on the book I wrote Drug Testing Exposed. You can listen to any of the broadcasts or radio shows at http://www.rapiddrugtest.com/&#8203;mp3.p...
Maybe I will get a chance to show how easy it really is to clean up Binghamton and Triple Cities. Sure to upset local political and law enforcement agenda's
Hiring more police and letting them do police work is how to clean up Binghamton.

We've already wasted enough tax money under Ryan and Abdelazim and shouldn't waste more on silly gimmicks.

Feel free to chime in when you have a good idea.
Garo

Binghamton, NY

#29 May 20, 2012
Marcellus Shale wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiring more police and letting them do police work is how to clean up Binghamton.
We've already wasted enough tax money under Ryan and Abdelazim and shouldn't waste more on silly gimmicks.
Feel free to chime in when you have a good idea.
Feel free to chime in when you can come up with the money to pay for the extra police, Cank.

Go back to Canada, moron.
Timmy

Owego, NY

#30 May 20, 2012
http://blog.timesunion.com/crime/exclusive-ma...

Albany had the same problems with gangs selling drugs. Where street gangs are selling drugs, crime is close-by.

Albany didn't hire more cops. They received help from the governor and attorney general.

What would happen to the extra cops if the idiot's solution worked? Lay them all off after they clean up?

Hiring more cops ma

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Demolition triggers cockroach revitalization 1 hr needtoknow 5
White police office shot dead and no building b... 1 hr nowuknow 2
Indicted! 10 hr needtoknow 5
Mayor David I can't sleep 11 hr Tukah 5
45 Court Street 13 hr billy Bob troy 6
Mayor David Park Rangers Mostly White Males 13 hr billy Bob troy 3
Looking for discounts 13 hr Old Tune 5
More from around the web

Johnson City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE