Judge assigned to murder case in Stan...

Judge assigned to murder case in Stanton County News : Police B...

There are 1167 comments on the Garden City Telegram story from Sep 26, 2006, titled Judge assigned to murder case in Stanton County News : Police B.... In it, Garden City Telegram reports that:

Retired District Judge Jack Lively of Coffeyville has been assigned to a Stanton County murder case involving husband and wife, Chad and Shannon Floyd.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Garden City Telegram.

First Prev
of 59
Next Last
dontcarewhatpeop lethink

Liberal, KS

#1 Oct 17, 2006
i hope they fry both Chad and Shannon for what they did. california mike was a good guy. i hope chad and shannon rot in hell.
friend

Ulysses, KS

#2 Nov 3, 2006
Yes, I hope they get what's coming to them. I feel bad for Mike's mom, girl friend and two boys, they all need closure! They also need to know WHERE his is. We all know he is no longer living, so just freakin' tell us where he's at.
ks res

Liberal, KS

#3 Nov 17, 2006
bad as it makes me feel to say this, they might not ever find his body, unfortunatly. with so many places around to hide the body it is unlikely they'll ever find him. my dad is a jailer and reserve cop over in ulysses and he said that they haven't had any new leads in well over 6 months.
friend of mikes

Allen, TX

#4 Nov 18, 2006
Those two evil horrible people are going to get what is coming to them and i hope they rot in hell forever!!! His mom, stepdad, bother, sisters, girlfriend, two precious sons, and friends deserve justice for mike and we WILL get it!!! HE was a good, loving man who was happier than he has ever been. he didn't deserve to die b/c he loved his son and wanted a better life for him!!!
Danielle

Ulysses, KS

#5 Jan 5, 2007
Thats crap. I am a friend of Shannons and her and Chad did not do it. I think Mike either got killed by someone in Cali or he is hiding from some people in Cali for getting in trouble. Shannon doesnt have the heart to it and she isnt smart enought to do. SO unless you know all of your facts then do post things that you shouldnt. Thats whey they are out of jail. Ya think? Think before you speak.
family of mikes

Allen, TX

#6 Jan 6, 2007
As a matter of fact we DO kno the FACTS We have been to court we kno the evidence and the ONLY reason they are out on bond is b/c chad's daddy put the money up. and ur right neither one of them are smart pple thas why they got caught. AND mike didnt get killed by some1 from cali and he isnt hiding from ne1 in cali...he had no reason to hide-shannon and chad killed them. BUT oh ya i forgot U kno all the details right..
Shannon Floyd

Westcliffe, CO

#8 Feb 8, 2007
At least Danielle has the nerve to use her real name. Unlike the rest of you gutless wonders!!
friend of Mikes

Allen, TX

#9 Feb 13, 2007
Well at least we were not gutless and killed Mike in cold blood and hid his body from his family and friends like u did!!
MIKES BUDDYS

Satanta, KS

#10 Apr 9, 2007
MAN, AS IT WARMS UP AND WE ARE RIDING AGAIN WE SURE DO MISS HIM. AFTER REVEIWING ALL THESE BLOGS THAT WHERE POSTED ITS KINDA OF IRONIC THAT WE SEE SHANNON ON HERE!! MAN LET THE MAN REST IN PEICE. ALSO A FEW MORE MONTHS OF FREEDOM THATS GOTTA SUCK KNOWN YOUR GONNA BE SOMEONES LOVER BEHIND BARS PRETTY SOON. AND FOR BEING OUT OF JAIL YOU GUYS NAILED IT DADDY PUT THE MONEY UP!! I HOPE THERES ALOT MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM CAUSE YOUR GONNA NEED IT!
st co resident 2

Satanta, KS

#13 May 13, 2007
all the comments seem to be at one extreme or another. was mike the great buddy most people in this forum say or was he just another stanton county druggie? which we have too much of. i personally
didn't know him, but haven't heard great things about him. maybe just small town gossip. johnson is a vicious town for talk, so who can judge what is true and what isn't. what is the real truth?
Close friend

Allen, TX

#14 May 15, 2007
st co resident 2 wrote:
all the comments seem to be at one extreme or another. was mike the great buddy most people in this forum say or was he just another stanton county druggie? which we have too much of. i personally
didn't know him, but haven't heard great things about him. maybe just small town gossip. johnson is a vicious town for talk, so who can judge what is true and what isn't. what is the real truth?
I can say what is the truth b/c i knew Mike VERY well!! We were close friends from the time he moved to Johnson. Ya Mike did use drugs in the past but wasnt b4 he died,he had gotten his life together.AND just b/c he did use drugs b4 like ALOT of other pple from johnson, doesnt have ne thing to do with him being killed. He was killed b/c his ex an her husband are cruel, lying, evil pple. By the way I kno them to and what kind of pple they r.
st co resident 2

Satanta, KS

#15 May 15, 2007
what type of people are the ones charged? the previous post says they are "cruel, lying, evil people" . what are they like- facts only please. what makes them cruel,when have they lied, why are they evil? i know that stanton county justice seems to be easily bought and influenced heavily by the "right" family name. the previous murder trial resulted in only 3 years for killing his father. what do you think these two will get even if they
are convicted? will stanton county let two with the "right" name be convicted, i think not. evidence will disappear, witnesses will not show, etc.
Close friend

Allen, TX

#16 May 16, 2007
The St. CO police dept and the KBI have worked extremely hard gathering evidence and getting these people charged with this murder. U wana kno wut kind of pple they r...they have lied about where they put mike and wut exactly happened to him so that his family and friends can not have peace. Those two have taken away two little boys daddy, some1's significant other, and some1's son and grandson? Do u not think thats evil? And i dont care whose name they have...there are ALOT more people who want to c them convicted than not. money is not buying them out of this. Evidence will not go away and witnesses are not going to disappear..we are ALL committed to seeing them pay for what they have done. Seriously think about it do u think the KBI is guna charge two pple with first degree murder w/o a body if they didnt have VERY good evidence against them...i dont think so. And as for the other trial of logan killing his father...he shoulda never been charged ne ways. His dad beat the living hell outta him an his family for years. Randy got what he deserved and so will chad and shannon!!
Shannon Floyd

Las Animas, CO

#17 May 26, 2007
Shawnda, I have taken and PASSED a polygraph test confirming that I did not kill Michael. DNA does not specifically mean blood as the KBI loves to glorify it to be. Leave the Shore family out of it, they all have to live a life sentence for the mistakes that their father made. I only hope that you and your children/family do not have to suffer as we have. No children should have to see their parents ripped away from them and that includes Mike. Only GOD will judge me.
shawnda

Allen, TX

#18 May 26, 2007
U kno shannon u r right kids shouldnt have their parents or families takin away from them. But yet u keep ur son away from part of his family. And as for the shore family i wasnt responding to u i was responding to the person who asked about them. N ur right God will judge u but so will a court of law. And his friends and family will be there to see that for MIKE. And u don't think we his friends and family havent suffered EVERY single day for the last 2 yr and 6 days since he was taken from us. This isnt about ur suffering. N we could give a damn whther or not u "passed" a polygraph or not.
Friend of all

AOL

#19 May 30, 2007
dontcarewhatpeoplethink wrote:
i hope they fry both Chad and Shannon for what they did. california mike was a good guy. i hope chad and shannon rot in hell.
It's sad that some are willing to hope the Floyd's fry in hell months before even a trial, and long before the Floyds have a chance to present their defense. Has anyone heard Ms. Floyd's side of this?
Are we really presumed innocent until proven guilty?
I for one will not judge another until I hear BOTH sides.
st rsdnt

United States

#20 Jun 5, 2007
I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH CHAD FLOYD AND HE WAS ALWAYS A COLD HEARTED PERSON. HE NEVERED CARED ABOUT HURTING SOMEONE ELSE HE'S COLD I DON'T DOUGHT THAT HE DID IT PLUS HIS BROTHER CLINTON IS A LAWYER, BUT WILL THAT HELP HIM. I THINK HE'S GUILTY
Stanton County Resident

Ulysses, KS

#21 Jun 12, 2007
Shannon Floyd wrote:
Shawnda, I have taken and PASSED a polygraph test confirming that I did not kill Michael. DNA does not specifically mean blood as the KBI loves to glorify it to be. Leave the Shore family out of it, they all have to live a life sentence for the mistakes that their father made. I only hope that you and your children/family do not have to suffer as we have. No children should have to see their parents ripped away from them and that includes Mike. Only GOD will judge me.
I have to agree with Shawnda. Shannon you took Mikey away from his grandma and grandpa. You also took him away from Brooke and Kam. You took him away from people that LOVE him and that he needs in his life.
And, who gives a rat's ass that you passed the Polygraph...they are not admissible in court as evidence, so taking one is a fools errand.. They are only used as an interigation tool anyway.
But you are right on one thing...God will judge you. Oh yes, yes he will!
johnson

Richfield, KS

#22 Jun 28, 2007
U sure know alot. Did u live in johnson? did u really know him that well? do u know why he had to move to johnson? he was a dope head, and once a dopehead always a dope head.
Close friend wrote:
The St. CO police dept and the KBI have worked extremely hard gathering evidence and getting these people charged with this murder. U wana kno wut kind of pple they r...they have lied about where they put mike and wut exactly happened to him so that his family and friends can not have peace. Those two have taken away two little boys daddy, some1's significant other, and some1's son and grandson? Do u not think thats evil? And i dont care whose name they have...there are ALOT more people who want to c them convicted than not. money is not buying them out of this. Evidence will not go away and witnesses are not going to disappear..we are ALL committed to seeing them pay for what they have done. Seriously think about it do u think the KBI is guna charge two pple with first degree murder w/o a body if they didnt have VERY good evidence against them...i dont think so. And as for the other trial of logan killing his father...he shoulda never been charged ne ways. His dad beat the living hell outta him an his family for years. Randy got what he deserved and so will chad and shannon!!
Shawnda

Dalhart, TX

#23 Jun 29, 2007
johnson wrote:
U sure know alot. Did u live in johnson? did u really know him that well? do u know why he had to move to johnson? he was a dope head, and once a dopehead always a dope head. <quoted text>
Ya did live in Johnson most of my life an I did know him very well. Ya i do kno y he moved to Johnson. AN NOT once a pothead always a pothead...n besides if U were a pothead does that mean U deserve to be murdered?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 59
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Save an interesting link here! (Nov '11) 19 hr Swedish Guy 153
investigation of 1 year old boy Nov 18 Anonymous 1
Is there any haunted places in Ulysses? (Dec '07) Nov 2 Someone Somewhere 61
Gracefellowship ministers Oct 30 Mad mother 1
Cop dating teenager Sep '17 Unsurprised 3
Pioneer telephone is blocking Magic Jack phone ... (Jul '10) Jul '17 dchestnut6 24
Which color of power ranger is best???? (Nov '07) Jun '17 Assquatch 11

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages