Chicken advocates want revote in Fox ...

Chicken advocates want revote in Fox Lake

There are 12 comments on the Northwest Herald story from Jan 20, 2013, titled Chicken advocates want revote in Fox Lake. In it, Northwest Herald reports that:

Barred Rock chickens move around their pen Friday at the Fox Lake home of Rebecca Boettcher.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northwest Herald.

Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#1 Jan 21, 2013
Good luck Rebecca i hope you win.
Too bad this couldn't be put up for a vote from the people who live in this town.
The people are behind you.
Maybe when the mayor sees his numbers drop just before his re-election he'll realize why.
Lets vote him and his friends out of office.
foxlake

Antioch, IL

#2 Jan 21, 2013
Mystery Man wrote:
Good luck Rebecca i hope you win.
Too bad this couldn't be put up for a vote from the people who live in this town.
The people are behind you.
Maybe when the mayor sees his numbers drop just before his re-election he'll realize why.
Lets vote him and his friends out of office.
The people that are behind her should show up at the meeting and voice it!
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#3 Jan 21, 2013
foxlake wrote:
<quoted text>
The people that are behind her should show up at the meeting and voice it!
They have.
She knows who supports her and so does the politicians who'll are going to get voted out of office.2573
foxlake

Antioch, IL

#4 Jan 21, 2013
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
They have.
She knows who supports her and so does the politicians who'll are going to get voted out of office.2573
No, they haven't. If you want to support her, go to the meeting and voice it. Or you can sit back and yack about it on Topix.

"Proponents of an ordinance that would have allowed some Fox Lake residents to raise chickens plan on asking the Village Board for a revote. The meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Lake Village Hall, 66 Thillen Drive."
Wadford Wifflesnade

United States

#5 Jan 21, 2013
What happened?
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#6 Jan 21, 2013
foxlake wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they haven't. If you want to support her, go to the meeting and voice it. Or you can sit back and yack about it on Topix.
"Proponents of an ordinance that would have allowed some Fox Lake residents to raise chickens plan on asking the Village Board for a revote. The meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Lake Village Hall, 66 Thillen Drive."
you don't know me.
you don't where i go and when i go
i could be right next to you and you wouldn't know it
i've been to countless village meetings.
Way more then you'll ever be at.
i just don't brag about it. I don't need to.
I post in here to show support for Rebecca for those who don't go to village meetings.
For those like you who don't realize that people do support her.
foxlake

Antioch, IL

#7 Jan 21, 2013
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't know me.
you don't where i go and when i go
i could be right next to you and you wouldn't know it
i've been to countless village meetings.
Way more then you'll ever be at.
i just don't brag about it. I don't need to.
I post in here to show support for Rebecca for those who don't go to village meetings.
For those like you who don't realize that people do support her.
It doesn't do a lot of good supporting someone from your couch. If you want to support someone who is going up in front of the board, go to the meeting. nuff said.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#8 Jan 21, 2013
foxlake wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't do a lot of good supporting someone from your couch. If you want to support someone who is going up in front of the board, go to the meeting. nuff said.
How can you say that ?
Wasn't that you sitting next to me in the last row ?
Rebecca

Fox Lake, IL

#9 Jan 30, 2013
Wadford Wifflesnade wrote:
What happened?
Sadly, what happened is what always seems to happen in Fox Lake, my request was barely acknowledged. I have to request a private meeting with the mayor and then IF HE decides he wants to then he can propose a revote. Since the likelihood of him taking a consideration from a middle-class resident with no connections to offer is slim to none, my only option now is to actively campaign against these jackasses and educate myself and anyone I can about who is running against the current board members. The election is in April...not soon enough.
Thanks for posting this MM.
Rebecca

Fox Lake, IL

#10 Jan 30, 2013
Here is the update to the first story. At least I have some good quotes in the piece.

http://www.nwherald.com/2013/01/23/fox-lake-u...
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#11 Jan 31, 2013
i love you quotes this one strikes home to me here on topix
"I hear no frank discussion of real concerns, only I statements like 'I don't agree' and 'I don't want this.' It is my understanding that trustees are elected to look at the facts presented and decide what is best for Fox Lake and its residents."
Too often here on topix its filled with people wanting to insult rather then talk the real issues.

Learn from your opposition too. here is one of their quotes
Mumford said he had learned more about domesticated chickens than he ever would have thought he'd need to know.
sounds to me like he made up his mind even before he learned anything at all.
Yes Mumford you did need to learn it. Too bad you have such a bad attitude about learning anything new.

Good luck and keep us posted i look forward to being able to vote for you on this.
It should be on a ballot.
Let the people decide not some mayor in a closed office.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#12 Jan 31, 2013
May i offer a couple of ideas
1 ) take pics of what you're doing that'll come in handy.
2 ) try to get more coverage in local media - use the pics that'll encourage a reporter.
3 ) subscribe and enlist others who might help with ideas, money, knowledge of laws, etc
http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/
http://www.keepingchickensnewsletter.com/
http://www.backyardchickens.com/
these might help you find more info and even supporters.
4 ) get as much support as you can from people actually living near you. Have them talk to the mayor too. Hopefully even go with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Dr. Dennis Thain? Tue Squirrel 15
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Mon Renee3307 162
News Prosecutors ask judge to reverse key Gliniewicz... Jun 20 Skippy 1
No Stoplight at Grim Road Jun 16 Chad 4
3 Murderers Only 2 Fools (Sep '15) Jun 14 Irish Willie 19
Van/Bus Accident in Salem May '17 Hugh Girrod 6
Camera at 173 and 83 May '17 Gtfo 16

Johnsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance