Coopertown highway claims life

Coopertown highway claims life

There are 5 comments on the The Tennessean story from Dec 3, 2008, titled Coopertown highway claims life. In it, The Tennessean reports that:

A two-vehicle crash on Hwy 431 South in Coopertown killed one person and sent two others to hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tennessean.

Toldyouso

Cottontown, TN

#1 Dec 3, 2008
This is a VERY TRAGIC EVENT for the families, but this is what you get when the police depart is cut back to three officers and a chief from twelve officers. Yes the police depart could do well with six but with three there is not complete coverage. An officer may be on the other side of the city and take a mintue or two to respond. Voice you complaints to Mayor Sam Childs.
Coopertown resident

AOL

#2 Dec 18, 2008
Mayor had to cut the officers. Didn't hear him and see him on the news. He had to cut them because he said they didn't have the money to pay them.....BUT he and the alderman are getting raises. Let's cut the officers, alllow crime rate to raise in Coopertown cause their aren't officers every time you turn around, allow speeders now so our teens are in danger on the roads. Coopertown residents made a BIG mistake by voting him in. Watch and see there WILL be a property tax. He is money hungry.....
Hoopla stomper

Clarksville, TN

#3 Jan 8, 2009
Toldyouso wrote:
This is a VERY TRAGIC EVENT for the families, but this is what you get when the police depart is cut back to three officers and a chief from twelve officers. Yes the police depart could do well with six but with three there is not complete coverage. An officer may be on the other side of the city and take a mintue or two to respond. Voice you complaints to Mayor Sam Childs.
Yes, it's a very tragic event and I offer my condolences to the families. However, Coopertown isn't a big city. It doesn't take long to get from one place to another, plus there's RCSO to assist. I happy that Mayor Childs - whom I support - removed CPD from patrolling I24 because it would have taken them even longer to respond if they had been on the interstate, whether the force size was 3 or 12.
Just another resident

Pleasant View, TN

#4 Jan 11, 2009
I feel certain that both Sam Childs and Crosby have good qualities,as well as, not so good ones. My take on the officers patroling...Don't speed and you don't get a ticket. WOW! I would feel more comfortable with more officers. FYI.. I met and knew Crosby but have yet to meet or see Childs...even when he wanted our votes.
Coopertown resident

Cottontown, TN

#5 May 9, 2009
WOW!!! I so totally agree. Don't speed and you won't get a ticket. It isn't the coopertown cops fault that they are giving tickets to speeders. They are obeying the law. It is the people and drivers that are in Coopertown that are in the wrong NOT the officers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joelton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I hate men. 16 min Milk please 7
Richard Buckman / Sandcastle entertainment (Apr '15) 17 min Milk please 47
Black Athletes Sitting Out National Anthem 18 min Milk please 94
News The Latest: Before church shooting, bizarre Fac... 19 min Milk please 37
Boycott the NFL 19 min Milk please 45
Adult theater 3 hr haha 2
A black person shoots all white elderly people ... 3 hr haha 15

Joelton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance