Officials fail to check records of wh...

Officials fail to check records of who buys potential meth-maki...

There are 35 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Oct 17, 2007, titled Officials fail to check records of who buys potential meth-maki.... In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

By CHRISTIAN BOTTORFF Staff Writer - THE TENNESSEAN A backlog in state records could be allowing criminals to continue the dangerous practice of making methamphetamine without detection, the state's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Big John

Tellico Plains, TN

#1 Oct 17, 2007
All the law enforcement are too busy checking the state lines for a carton of illegal cigarettes
SLPKnox

Knoxville, TN

#2 Oct 17, 2007
True, and that is so useless. The reason Tennessee has such a large number of Meth labs is because we have such remote and secluded areas where the labs can go undetected for long periods of time. The reason we have such a large number of users is that it is cheap and easy to make and most of this area is oppressed and very poor and a large number of ignorant people. I suppose the ignorance will increase with the number of users. It makes me sick to think about it and it is a scary thought but the users are very dangerous.
DonchaKnow

Dickson, TN

#3 Oct 17, 2007
Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be best to just let all the meth users go right on "using" to their little heart's content. Good way to reduce the population of "users" and lower the costs of trying to inforce the laws. They're not going to quit making "meth", anyway. Have at it! And free up our officers for other duties. Just an idea.....
Actual

Knoxville, TN

#4 Oct 17, 2007
Good intentions, lousy idea. Once again the only people affected by these laws are the average joe or jane that has to complete paperwork and give their personal info to a nanny state database. Meth continues to be a menace, and the dolts in Nashville will make another well intended law that doesn't work and the cycle will repeat.
historian

Lake Forest, IL

#5 Oct 17, 2007
Big John wrote:
All the law enforcement are too busy checking the state lines for a carton of illegal cigarettes
there's more money in that plan
BabyJane

United States

#6 Oct 17, 2007
DonchaKnow wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be best to just let all the meth users go right on "using" to their little heart's content. Good way to reduce the population of "users" and lower the costs of trying to inforce the laws. They're not going to quit making "meth", anyway. Have at it! And free up our officers for other duties. Just an idea.....
Yes, I'd like to get rid of them too, in any way possible. The problem is that the meth mixture affects everything around the area where it's being made. The soil, trees, green space, animals in the area, etc. Everything is contaminated with the mixture that's left over. It's dirty, nasty stuff. Children and pets are impacted by the fumes in the home where it's being brewed, their feet can be burned and, if it's mixed wrong, and it explodes, which often happens, it will take out everything around it for blocks. Much of our national forest area, particularly in Kentucky, has become contaminated due to the runoff from meth cooking, and then when the idiots finish and move on, they leave behind all their "meth garbage." They're all losers, but the rest of us who pay to clean up their mess are losing too.
Reality Check

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#7 Oct 17, 2007
DonchaKnow wrote:
Great idea since meth labs only effect the users or cooks. NOT. These people do not just cook at home. They cook meth in the trunks of cars parked next to you at Wal Mart, they cook in motel rooms, they cook in apartments, and they cook in rental homes. Do you want to stay in a motel room that someone has cooked meth in? Check around. I wouldn't stay at any motel on Merchants Road, every one of them has had a lab pulled out of it. But you should be the expert since 90% of the meth labs in Knox County are operated by the finest citizens of Anderson County.
Justin

Portland, OR

#8 Oct 17, 2007
I wish that I could just go and buy my regular sudafed so that I can feel better when I am sick!
Chong

Parsons, TN

#10 Oct 17, 2007
Well I'm still getting the big ID check at the stores any time I need some cold medicine. It seems to agrivate the Pharm-person as much as me. Now they don't even use the data ? What a waste.
Jas

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Oct 17, 2007
Did any one really think this was going to be monitored?

Let them all live in "MethRidge" with the rest of the toxic waste is found.
james

Smyrna, TN

#12 Oct 17, 2007
Congrats WBIR on giving all the meth heads a heads up!
Jita

Morristown, TN

#13 Oct 17, 2007
DonchaKnow wrote:
That Might be alright but guess what they give to our children and get them to use.
It needs to be stoped some way .GOD HELP THIS NATION
THAT HAS LEFT YOU OUT OF OUR SCHOOLS
x meth user

Knoxville, TN

#14 Oct 17, 2007
dont hate the sinner.hate the sin.im a former meth user.clean now 5 years.and am a productive part of society.
Charter Vol

Parsons, TN

#15 Oct 17, 2007
As a moderator of a very very popular message board that often swirls around issues of today I can testify from the information I've been given that Meth use is bad. It's harmful to the body and mind. Many users have even stated the "buzz" isn't that great either. Why they mess with this garbage is beyond me. If it was "government issued speed" it would still be harmful. This stuff they're doing isn't even made by a real chemist. It's put together by Bobby Joe out behind the shed somewheres. DON'T USE THIS STUFF PEOPLE. Anyone who rolls with meth will roll fast but not for long.
SickandTired

Mount Juliet, TN

#16 Oct 17, 2007
Big John wrote:
Amen brother!!!

“Observer of the passing scene.”

Since: Jul 07

Near Knoxville TN., USA

#17 Oct 17, 2007
Meth...? Is this a cottage industry like vineyards and wineries ??

If so, the state should be collecting a tax on it !!
==========

I understand that meth use rots your teeth starting at the gum-line..... called "meth-mouth" !!
==========
BabyJane

United States

#18 Oct 18, 2007
Charter Vol wrote:
As a moderator of a very very popular message board that often swirls around issues of today I can testify from the information I've been given that Meth use is bad. It's harmful to the body and mind. Many users have even stated the "buzz" isn't that great either. Why they mess with this garbage is beyond me. If it was "government issued speed" it would still be harmful. This stuff they're doing isn't even made by a real chemist. It's put together by Bobby Joe out behind the shed somewheres. DON'T USE THIS STUFF PEOPLE. Anyone who rolls with meth will roll fast but not for long.
Duh. You're just reguritating what almost everyone else on here has said...how about an original thought for a change?
cindy k

Plymouth, IN

#19 Oct 18, 2007
If the state does not do background checks on perverts who referee kids why should they monitor who buys sudafed?
tennessee fan

Ringgold, GA

#20 Oct 18, 2007
this is crazy that people cant buy meds if thay are sick becouse all the meth heads around here it wont stop anyway becouse then thay will go to the closest state to buy it and all the people that dont have INS.wont have anything to take if meth heads keep doing the things thay are doing it just dont hurt 1 or 2 it hurts evaryone evarywhere ...
BILL

Littleton, CO

#21 Oct 18, 2007
METH IS CCOOOOOOOOL.
IT MAKES YOU HAPPPPPPPYYYY.
ITS WhAt MAKES COWS MMMOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joelton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
School Closed- Thanks 15 min Mom 8
News Thousands support and protest Trump rally in Na... 1 hr Charlie Bob 187
black men of nashville 2 hr and 5
Butthurt channel 5 2 hr Iwant2 8
Music Balance (Apr '15) 4 hr ummm 39
Out with the old employees in with the new 7 hr facts 3
Need hydros or preks 7 hr Menyana 3

Joelton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance