Posted in the Jim Thorpe Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rosco

Lehighton, PA

#1 Oct 29, 2011
Let's discuss Steven Armbruster for sheriff

It is time for some change in the carbon county sheriffs office. Steven Armbruster seems to be a great candidate for the position and I would encourage all carbon county voters regardless of political affiliation to vote for Armbruster on election day. Lets make a difference and take pride in our county. Let's elect a sheriff we can be proud of and who we can respect.

Armbruster seems to have many solid ideas and plans to restore the sheriffs office. It is time for nothstein to pack it in and allow someone else who is more qualified to assume the role. Everyone has to be tired of the politcal propaganda that has taken place in this county.

Take a step and protect yourself, protect your family, and protect your friends...don't just sit back and ignore the obvious.

Changes are needed all around carbon county, just take a look, dig a little deeper and you shall see. There is light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not in the form of an oncoming train...it is in the form of Steven Armbruster.

Ron

Lehighton, PA

#2 Oct 29, 2011
I formally endorse Chuck Leinthall for sheriff and urge everyone to write him in as a candidate. He has expressed interest in the position
Gun Owners For Armbruster

Jim Thorpe, PA

#3 Oct 29, 2011
Jigger

Lehighton, PA

#4 Oct 30, 2011
The current sheriff cannot even spell his own name correctly....figured that would be the minimum requirement for the gig
you have to be kidding

Weatherly, PA

#5 Oct 30, 2011
Is this Armbruster clown for real. For the constitution, restore the sheriffs office. This would apparently be a huge mistake to have him in office. He said he wouldn't hold illegal sheriff sales. When did that happen? I have to pay my bills why should'nt the next guy? This guy is a nut then again that might be enough to get him elected. Now that im thinking about it if we elect him we can stop paying our mortgages.
Frankie

White Haven, PA

#6 Oct 30, 2011
you have to be kidding wrote:
Is this Armbruster clown for real. For the constitution, restore the sheriffs office. This would apparently be a huge mistake to have him in office. He said he wouldn't hold illegal sheriff sales. When did that happen? I have to pay my bills why should'nt the next guy? This guy is a nut then again that might be enough to get him elected. Now that im thinking about it if we elect him we can stop paying our mortgages.
It's better to have a free thinker, then the rubber stamp, that is currently running the department
Pass the paxil

United States

#7 Oct 30, 2011
I've listened to armbruster's spiel. A sheriff is going to run the county and he's going to have a volunteer posse. He'll decide whether laws should or should not be enforced. Folks, you gotta be kidding. This isn't folky populist stuff, this is the same spiel that put Hitler in power. We'll have to say "Seig Heil, Mein Furher Armbruster" if this guy gets elected.
Jessie J

White Haven, PA

#8 Oct 30, 2011
Pass the paxil wrote:
I've listened to armbruster's spiel. A sheriff is going to run the county and he's going to have a volunteer posse. He'll decide whether laws should or should not be enforced. Folks, you gotta be kidding. This isn't folky populist stuff, this is the same spiel that put Hitler in power. We'll have to say "Seig Heil, Mein Furher Armbruster" if this guy gets elected.
I guess you're not a very good listener, if thats what you got from his talks. His thoughts and Hilter's are worlds apart. You would be closer comparing Hilter to Obama, or most of the present powers at be in the county. This county is still in the 50's with its good old boy network. I'm sure Steve would be able to get plenty of good volunteers, starting here.
nothstein is ignorant

Jim Thorpe, PA

#9 Oct 30, 2011
http://personalmoneystore.com/moneyblog/2010/ ...

http://matecunlaw.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/ma ...

http://www.cookcountysheriff.org/press_page/p ...

There is so much info on the net about illegal foreclosures, It's too bad that some of you, no nothing about it. Armbruster knows what is going on in the country. Being ignorant is no excuse for the current sheriff. Vote Armbruster to protect your rights.

Either you have a sheriff, that follows any illegal activity, or you have one that follows the law, A sheriff should know what laws they are enforcing. Now posses, did you know how many there are in the country...no...or that other Pennsylvania sheriffs have posse's? I can't believe the ignorance of some of these posters. Armbruster has the knowledge to know that the community needs to be involved. He wants a community outreach program/posse. Nothstein, says that it can't be done, and he has to do what he's told. What kind of leader does not know about the illegal foreclosures or sheriff posse? Or that there are sheriffs today suspending foreclosures, do to crooked banks, It's all over the net. Vote Armbruster for Sheriff.

http://www.sheriffofcolumbiacounty.com/servic...

http://www.eriecountygov.org/sheriff/division...

http://www.pasheriffs.org/about-us/sheriff-hi...
nothstein is ignorant

Jim Thorpe, PA

#10 Oct 30, 2011
How about Dave, let's train one deputy, to mold him, in to the next Good Ol Boy....Or train all the deputies for the D.A.R.E. program since the training is free. Why does the current sheriff hold his deputies back? Why does he state Posse's are illegal, yet there's over 400 in the country, including Pennylvania, Why is it that he's never heard of illegal foreclosures, and that Massachusetts Supreme Court, voided all the foreclosures in the last 5 years, due to bank fraud? why is it that Nothstein thinks you have to carry out illegal foreclosures, when he could be held liable?,,,,, "Posse", for goodness sake the Pennsylvania Sheriff Association talks about "posse's", I guess Nothstein wasn't paying attention in class. Armbruster for Sheriff to protect your rights.
Agent Yellow

Lehighton, PA

#11 Oct 31, 2011
I recall a few years ago Northstine had a group of supporters called "Northstine's Posse" during election time...they had pins and shirts...now he is saying they are illegal? The guy is obviously a hypocrite. Richard
Notasheep

Sparta, NJ

#12 Oct 31, 2011
Let's address these one at a time:
1. Yes he is for real
2. So you think the constitution is a bad thing?
3. Restore the Sheriff's office? You bet. At a minimum, I think we owe it to our deputies to give them a boss that isn't a sexual harassing racist mushmouth. And we also owe it to the people of CC to elect a sheriff that won't eject people from the courtroom who have a legal right to be there just because some politician doesn't want them there.
4 It seems that what you are asking is "Is there anything as an illegal sheriff sale". All you have to do is type "Illegal Foreclosures" into Google and you will see thousands of examples within seconds.
5. Why is he a nut? Do you think he's a nut because he want's to help insure peoples basic human rights and constitutional rights are adhered to? Do you think that is nutty? Do you think the bill of rights is antiquated?
6. "Now that im thinking about it if we elect him we can stop paying our mortgages." I'm not even going to respond to that.
Notasheep

Sparta, NJ

#13 Oct 31, 2011
Pass the paxil wrote:
1. If you want to call this program a "Posse" (you are the only one who does), here are some definitions of the word posse for you:

There are a few definitions for the word posse. One of them is as follows: "a body of men, typically armed, summoned by the sheriff to enforce the law".

Here is another definition: "An informal group of people who have a common characteristic, occupation, or purpose".

If you choose to call this a "Posse" I believe you would have to classify it as An informal group of people who have a common characteristic, occupation, or purpose. That purpose would be to ensure that the Bill of Rights is adhered to. Before you think that's a stupid idea maybe you should read the Bill of Rights. I bet there is something in that document you care about too.

2. It's not called a posse, it's called a Community Outreach Program. Here is the site for your viewing pleasure: http://armbruster4sheriff.com/2011/10/20/deta...

3. Every law enforcement official can make a personal decision when and where to apply the law. For example, If you've ever been pulled over for speeding you know that an officer can choose weather to give you a ticket or a warning. This principal works for all other types of laws too. I the case of Armbruster, he will not follow orders that violate peoples constitutional rights and basic human rights. Do you think that's a bad idea? Do you watch the news? Can't you see the examples of police, judges and government officials that violate the constitution and Bill of Rights every day?
Don't you find it nice to know that there would be a Sheriff who is looking out for your rights?

4. And as for the comparison to hitler, there is no comparison to hitler. Armbrusters ideals are the complete opposite of hitler's. Hitler wanted total power at the cost of peoples human rights. Armbruster wants the people to have power to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Frankly, your comparison to Hitler is Idiotic. Sorry but it just is.
Fellow Oathkeeper

Portland, PA

#14 Oct 31, 2011
First- Pass the paxil, I would like tosay you are an idiot but ignorance is not stupidity. They have this new thing called Google, and this other old fashioned document called The Constitution, and these illegal banking practices called "illegal foreclosures". Go out on your PC to the website called Google and type in those words into that little box that says "search". I will give you a chance to read a little about these things before I say you are an idiot. Sometimes you have to think for yourself and actually put the pieces of the puzzle together.
Notasheep

Sparta, NJ

#15 Oct 31, 2011
Notasheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's address these one at a time:
1. Yes he is for real
2. So you think the constitution is a bad thing?
3. Restore the Sheriff's office? You bet. At a minimum, I think we owe it to our deputies to give them a boss that isn't an ALLEGED sexual harassing racist mushmouth. And we also owe it to the people of CC to elect a sheriff that won't eject people from the courtroom who have a legal right to be there just because some politician doesn't want them there.
4 It seems that what you are asking is "Is there anything as an illegal sheriff sale". All you have to do is type "Illegal Foreclosures" into Google and you will see thousands of examples within seconds.
5. Why is he a nut? Do you think he's a nut because he want's to help insure peoples basic human rights and constitutional rights are adhered to? Do you think that is nutty? Do you think the bill of rights is antiquated?
6. "Now that im thinking about it if we elect him we can stop paying our mortgages." I'm not even going to respond to that.
"At a minimum, I think we owe it to our deputies to give them a boss that isn't a sexual harassing racist mushmouth."

OF COURSE I MEAN ALLEGED SEXUAL HARASSING RACIST MUSHMOUTH AS HIS CASE IS NOT FINAL YET.
Nesquehoning

Lehighton, PA

#16 Oct 31, 2011
In response to your comment, you may pay your bills on time, but that has nothing to do with illegal foreclosures, the current sheriff is not doing research with the banks to see if a foreclosure should be done in the first place!!! Armbruster is far more qualified than Nothstein. Research what was said with a response to Sheriff Mack's question to Nothstein. Nothstein had no choice, but to make a public apology!!!! DO the research before calling anyone a clown.
Mike from Weatherly

Scranton, PA

#17 Oct 31, 2011
Pass the paxil wrote:
usa wrote:
armbruster is a wacko!!!!!
All across our country, we been hearing the federal Government overstepping it enumerated powers and being caught in scandals. From the TSA abusing the American public at our airports and now on the highways in Tennessee; the FDA illegally raiding Amish farmers while allowing questionable products to sold on the market; the ATF secretly selling arms to Mexican drug lords, and then having the nerve to try and blame the 2nd Amendment. I for one and tired of hearing cases almost daily of Americans of being 'guilty until proven innocent'. I believe Steve Armbruster can and will protect us from draconian practices from our Federal government. Nothstien said himself, that he must follow orders from judges, and higher authorities. Will he follow them even if they are illegal orders? If YOU think its okay for any federal government agency to come to your town and bang on your door to infringe on YOUR natural inalienable rights, then by all means, vote for Nothstein.

We'll have to say "Seig Heil, Mein Furher Obama" if more people like Steve Armbruster are NOT elected...
Beth

Jim Thorpe, PA

#18 Nov 1, 2011
Pass the paxil:

You are crazy and its people like you who make this county the way it is! Get real

As for this "posse" its no different than some municipalities having a crime watch or other community oriented police program. Yeah they do exist look around

Its great to have the police and community come together and work as a bigger team. You are just ignorant that's the problem.

If you want a "yes man" then by all means vote for nothstein, if you want a sheriff who will stand up for your rights, then vote for Armbruster.

There are to man "yes men" here who obey the orders of county government regardless of the law.
Keith Frankenfield

Allentown, PA

#19 Nov 1, 2011
I read an ad in the three minute thriller times news last night that this guy running for sheriff is a state commissioned police officer for 20 yrs. I have searched high and low for this, and the only plausible conclusion I came to was that he was a state constable, like Axelrod Gavornik & Dennis McHugh. Is this correct?
Steve Craigie

Allentown, PA

#20 Nov 1, 2011
Is this the armbruster guy that used to deliver mail in JT, Pup the Mailman? If so, push puppy at the polls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Thorpe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
contractors doing hail damage repair (Jul '11) 7 hr Paul Bear 10
'No parking' signs near Opera... 9 hr COCO PIE 3
Nesquehoning begins a new tradition 17 hr fudge flinger 6
Stilhaus Kitchens Reviews 17 hr Trailer Flipping 6
R Mickey Angst Report (Mar '14) Wed chek this out 946
What Has R Mickey Angst done for the students a... Dec 14 P V Parent 23
what is happening with carbon county politics (Dec '10) Dec 12 nuid 7,453
Jim Thorpe Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web