gearing up

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Did anyone see the picture on the front page of tonight's Times News? No not the floods. The one about the sobriety checkpoint. I understand the law requires advance notice of these things and perhaps a press conference with pictures of the POLICE OFFICERS IN CHARGE, but do you really need a representative of the DAs office and an assistant at that??? It's political maneuvering time Ms. Engler. Get that photo op when you can!!!!
Buck

Colver, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Lloyd Braun is behind this.
ATOR

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Interesting since Engler is not the FIRST ADA. Looks like it's going to be show case time for Ms. Engler. Now will DA Dobias retire and get her appointed or is this just the start of her pr campaign ?
Fake Yaich

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

gearing up wrote:
Did anyone see the picture on the front page of tonight's Times News? No not the floods. The one about the sobriety checkpoint. I understand the law requires advance notice of these things and perhaps a press conference with pictures of the POLICE OFFICERS IN CHARGE, but do you really need a representative of the DAs office and an assistant at that??? It's political maneuvering time Ms. Engler. Get that photo op when you can!!!!
But if I would have won the election to be state rep. I would have had Tink as my limo driver and Walbert as my left hand man. Without the photo ops!
nuid

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Okay let's see if we can get this turned around.I'd be interested in serious thoughts on the state budget.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

I think global warning has fried the brains of some of these posters, nu. Or maybe the buzz of the cicadas has drowned out rational thought from their heads. What do I think about the budget? I think it shouts that the GOP party has abandoned Corbett. Not looking good for a second term. Speaking of budgets, did you really say that you are willing to bet money that there will be no Carbon County tax increase with the next budget? I'll take that bet and give you odds on it.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

There will certainly be a tax hike in the new county budget. If nuid thinks differently, then he's living in some other reality. We need to get people in that office that can do math or this will continue to happen.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Name your poison boys.As to the budget on the state level.You hit the nail on the head GUMID.Most Reps realize that being connected to Corbett is not a good thing to get re-elected.Unless you are Heffley of course.He owes the Rep State Comm and will do whatever they say.He is their yes vote.Guaranteed.Interesting in that the pic showed Corbett signing the budget with only state reps in the picture.No senators.Not even Argall.
Gave up my id

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Hemlock, Nu, following Socrates. Not interested in Doc Manz's prescription options. What poison do you choose?
nuid

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Well,besides bragging rights,how about some cold hard cash?Didn't mean poison in the truest sense.If either of you are imbibers,we could put booze on the line.That's usually,at least as I know it,what is meant by pick your poison.
Lehighton Republican

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

From what I saw there were only 3 political types at the Jim Thorpe fireworks festival yesterday. VERY strange not to see more officials there.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

I for one would have to fault the absolutely poor advertising of the event.Only thing I saw was the banner touting the fireworks.Wasn't until the Sat.edition of the Times News did I know there was an actual festival connected.Weather may have been a deterent as well.And then there is the other plans were made way in advance.Lots of graduation parties going on right now.
Lehighton Republican

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

I saw billboards on 209 for the past few weeks..north & south of jim thorpe. Its common knowledge that that festival before the fireworks draws a good crowd. Any political people with ambitions should show up to it and only 1 county office holder even bothered to show up. Besides her i only saw 2 other elected people at all. Its pathetic.
Uh Huh

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

The constant ass-kissing demanded by public officials probably makes many not run for office. Fireworks? At night? Pucker up, baby! LOL Frankly, most of the public isn't worth the effort. Then, again, maybe some of more praised and elevated enjoy ass-kissing.
Uh Huh

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

... by some regarding public officials ...
nuid

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Okay.What about the REST of the county?From what I heard alot of the organizations bowed out.Not much food was offered.I say that place is the one place that politicals will not fare well.My guess is that the element is not voters and could care less.Besides,would they even know a politician?I'm guessing not.
Lehighton Republican

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

The rest of the county didn't have a large holiday festival over the weekend. The food was the same and from the same groups as it has been so your info is bad.

You keep guessing wrong. The three that were there seemed to know lots of people so I guess the people there do know politicians when they see them. By the way all 3 were dems. 2 of them were working stands most of the time and the other just seemed to be enjoying herself.
I wAs ThErE

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

As usual, you Republicans will write anything to oppose others. I was there and you are wrong. Alot of food items were missing and so were several groups. It was a decent festival but nothing to make major headlines. Sure in hell ain't the be all end all. Politicians will pretend to know everyone but don't give me the bs that they knew alot of people. I saw who you are talking about and they were just making busy talk with people. Jim Thorpe may be the county seat but it ain't where the politicans hang out for the major votes.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

The only group that I saw missing was the one that sold pretzels near the beer stand. They added a different food stand on the walkway in its place though.

Pretty nice turnout once the weather cooled off a little bit. I saw Behrens there, but she was it as far as county officials go.
Carol

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Lehighton Republican wrote:
I saw billboards on 209 for the past few weeks..north & south of jim thorpe. Its common knowledge that that festival before the fireworks draws a good crowd. Any political people with ambitions should show up to it and only 1 county office holder even bothered to show up. Besides her i only saw 2 other elected people at all. Its pathetic.
I would have shown up, but since I didn't get the Judges job and they had to remove my initials off the front of the bench, Why? should I show up? When they ship out ole' J.T. I think I'm going with him and I'm taking edie with me, so there!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,781 - 5,800 of6,885
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jim Thorpe Discussions

Search the Jim Thorpe Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lansford wants suicide report 2 hr What For 3
Hiker recovering from copperhead snake bite 4 hr The truth of the mater 2
Tall bull bobs tuff guy 5 hr Do not worry 54
DUI, false identification charges after Mahonin... 6 hr epically awesome 1
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 8 hr Capt Lou 51,114
officer homanko 14 hr Mayor supporter 13
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Jul 9 Go Blue Forever 3,744
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jim Thorpe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jim Thorpe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••