what is happening with carbon county ...
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5844 Jul 6, 2013
Well,besides bragging rights,how about some cold hard cash?Didn't mean poison in the truest sense.If either of you are imbibers,we could put booze on the line.That's usually,at least as I know it,what is meant by pick your poison.
Lehighton Republican

Lehighton, PA

#5845 Jul 7, 2013
From what I saw there were only 3 political types at the Jim Thorpe fireworks festival yesterday. VERY strange not to see more officials there.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5846 Jul 7, 2013
I for one would have to fault the absolutely poor advertising of the event.Only thing I saw was the banner touting the fireworks.Wasn't until the Sat.edition of the Times News did I know there was an actual festival connected.Weather may have been a deterent as well.And then there is the other plans were made way in advance.Lots of graduation parties going on right now.
Lehighton Republican

Lehighton, PA

#5847 Jul 7, 2013
I saw billboards on 209 for the past few weeks..north & south of jim thorpe. Its common knowledge that that festival before the fireworks draws a good crowd. Any political people with ambitions should show up to it and only 1 county office holder even bothered to show up. Besides her i only saw 2 other elected people at all. Its pathetic.
Uh Huh

Lehighton, PA

#5848 Jul 8, 2013
The constant ass-kissing demanded by public officials probably makes many not run for office. Fireworks? At night? Pucker up, baby! LOL Frankly, most of the public isn't worth the effort. Then, again, maybe some of more praised and elevated enjoy ass-kissing.
Uh Huh

Lehighton, PA

#5849 Jul 8, 2013
... by some regarding public officials ...
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5850 Jul 8, 2013
Okay.What about the REST of the county?From what I heard alot of the organizations bowed out.Not much food was offered.I say that place is the one place that politicals will not fare well.My guess is that the element is not voters and could care less.Besides,would they even know a politician?I'm guessing not.
Lehighton Republican

Lehighton, PA

#5851 Jul 8, 2013
The rest of the county didn't have a large holiday festival over the weekend. The food was the same and from the same groups as it has been so your info is bad.

You keep guessing wrong. The three that were there seemed to know lots of people so I guess the people there do know politicians when they see them. By the way all 3 were dems. 2 of them were working stands most of the time and the other just seemed to be enjoying herself.
I wAs ThErE

Lehighton, PA

#5852 Jul 9, 2013
As usual, you Republicans will write anything to oppose others. I was there and you are wrong. Alot of food items were missing and so were several groups. It was a decent festival but nothing to make major headlines. Sure in hell ain't the be all end all. Politicians will pretend to know everyone but don't give me the bs that they knew alot of people. I saw who you are talking about and they were just making busy talk with people. Jim Thorpe may be the county seat but it ain't where the politicans hang out for the major votes.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5853 Jul 10, 2013
The only group that I saw missing was the one that sold pretzels near the beer stand. They added a different food stand on the walkway in its place though.

Pretty nice turnout once the weather cooled off a little bit. I saw Behrens there, but she was it as far as county officials go.
Carol

Lehighton, PA

#5854 Jul 11, 2013
Lehighton Republican wrote:
I saw billboards on 209 for the past few weeks..north & south of jim thorpe. Its common knowledge that that festival before the fireworks draws a good crowd. Any political people with ambitions should show up to it and only 1 county office holder even bothered to show up. Besides her i only saw 2 other elected people at all. Its pathetic.
I would have shown up, but since I didn't get the Judges job and they had to remove my initials off the front of the bench, Why? should I show up? When they ship out ole' J.T. I think I'm going with him and I'm taking edie with me, so there!
Gave up my id

Lehighton, PA

#5855 Jul 17, 2013
Is everyone in the county on vacation? Dead as a door nail in here. Nu, all my sources say there is another big county tax increase in the offing, don't know where you get your info to the contrary?
But I'm sure not hearing anything exciting....anybody got news?
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5856 Jul 17, 2013
Gave up my id wrote:
Is everyone in the county on vacation? Dead as a door nail in here. Nu, all my sources say there is another big county tax increase in the offing, don't know where you get your info to the contrary?
But I'm sure not hearing anything exciting....anybody got news?
It is dead.Between the heat and little to no excitement about the upcoming election,me thinks these are the culprits why we aren't hearing anything.GUMID,I'm telling you,you and The Bird are going to lose.I just wish I could come up with a way to get something out of you two when you lose the bet to me and not give up our identities.You both will be eating crow and you bet your sweet petunias pun intended.The only thing I have is that Dobias will run for another term and then resign half way through and have Engler appointed.He's going to need a Dem Gov for that and I for one hope we get a Dem Gov.I've had it with CorBUTT and the rest of Republicans.Especially in the House.
Gave up my id

Lehighton, PA

#5857 Jul 18, 2013
I'd be happy to eat a little crow if it meant that I didn't have a county tax increase next year!I think it is a logical call that Dobias will hang on until there is a Dem gubernator, then move aside in the hopes of getting his gal pal appointed. But an appointment by a Dem gov is no sure thing for her, there may be Dem opposition, she's not popular. Fryklund or Greek may run.
Tweet Tweet

Park Ridge, NJ

#5858 Jul 18, 2013
Nuid, you'll be seeing the same rotten tax increase as the rest of us at the end of the year. Once that comes out I think we'll start seeing a couple of the better funded Dems actually start running against them. 4 or 5 names floating around out there as far as Dems running, but nobody fully committed yet.
Buck

Saegertown, PA

#5859 Jul 18, 2013
Names are floating in Lake Hauto. I was at the unofficial meeting of democrats on Tuesday. Look for a surprise candidate.
Gave up my id

Lehighton, PA

#5860 Jul 18, 2013
For what position(s)?
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5861 Jul 18, 2013
Hauto? No Dems out there with influence that I'm aware of. Who am I forgetting?
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5862 Jul 18, 2013
Tweet you are going to be the first one eating your fellow bird.NO tax increase and I wish you would put up or shut up.I hope the name floating out of Lake Hauto is not Darryl Seiwell,again.He had everyone hyped several years ago and then backed out.Will be shocked to hear any viable name coming out of that area.
Rapture

Lehighton, PA

#5863 Jul 19, 2013
nuid wrote:
Tweet you are going to be the first one eating your fellow bird.NO tax increase and I wish you would put up or shut up.I hope the name floating out of Lake Hauto is not Darryl Seiwell,again.He had everyone hyped several years ago and then backed out.Will be shocked to hear any viable name coming out of that area.
Darryl was given lots of road blocks on not to run by the elite of the Dems (Hillers & KM). They told him it wasn't his time and that the GO Team were the only ones that were going to get the party support. Typical politics during that run and we all now how that turned out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Thorpe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SH Drug Bust (Oct '11) Apr 17 Moving the trash 22
Panther Valley get college advisor Apr 2 Chuck Manson 6
News Lehighton district silences frequent... (May '16) Apr 2 Mike 11
Lehighton area right to know questions $100,000 Apr 2 Mike 10
Times News and Jarad Hedes Apr 2 Coach 3
Bob Schaeffer Mar 31 Things need to im... 2
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) Mar 26 Spears for Queers 2,266

Jim Thorpe Jobs

Personal Finance

Jim Thorpe Mortgages