what is happening with carbon county ...
Anita Beer

Lehighton, PA

#5723 May 8, 2013
Correction: he beat RR by 60% to 40% on 24,000 votes. So that is 20% or 4800 votes. Roughly 2400 people who voted for Heff the last time around would need to vote against him.
ATOR

Lehighton, PA

#5724 May 8, 2013
Howie Feltersnatch wrote:
For those of you grumbling about Heffley: Keith McCall was worse. McCall wouldn't even show up for events...unless it was good P.R. for him, then he would leave as soon as his picture was taken.
And you think Heffley doesn't do the same thing ? He picks and chooses where he will attend according to the press he can get. Look how he obviously controlled the press for the Safe Day Kids program. Everything he said in there was a lie ! The organizers and volunteers are fuming as to how the press was handled. Reread Insulted's post. If Heffley isn't going to get the full load, he either doesn't attend or presents his lame proclomation and leaves. If he even shows. Comparing Heffley's voting results isn't a true picture. Had he had real opposition, the vote would have been way different and he wouldn't have won. He is there by sheer luck and poor selections on the Democrats part. Trust me. There are many, many Republicans who have figured out what a lying, bs, self absorbed idiot the guy is. He can and will be taken out.
Anita beer

Lehighton, PA

#5725 May 15, 2013
Things are quiet..... Something must be going on!
Gotta Beer

Lehighton, PA

#5726 May 15, 2013
Nothing happening. Quiet as a mouse. Not much to hoot about I guess. Primary Election will probably be an all time low. Not many contested races on the local level to bring out the voters.
Dave Argall

Lehighton, PA

#5727 May 17, 2013
Oh I am just so happy. Even though I am no longer going to be representing any of you in Carbon County you would never know it. Thanks in large part to the good old Times News. They give me all of the publicity I want. Even though the only thing I do is show up for a good photo op and to submit my lame report. Hey I have to stay around to help out my lame buddies Heffley and Knowles. You poor saps are left being represented by those two but don't worry, I keep them in line. They do whatever I want and say and vote however I want and say. I know I didn't really do anything for you saps and these two won't either, but you won't know that. The Times News will keep printing stuff to make the three of us look good ! It's great to do nothing but made to look like we do. That paper will print whatever we tell those reporters whether it is true or not. Happy happy happy. Life is good. Not for you guys maybe but for the three of us it is. Suckers.
Uh Huh

Lehighton, PA

#5728 May 18, 2013
... look up the word maudlin. It fits.
Observer

Thorofare, NJ

#5729 May 20, 2013
Tomorrow is primary election day. In addition to choosing school board and municipal candidates for the general election in November voters also will be choosing their party's candidate for a vacancy on the PA Superior Court.

Democrats will see two names on their ballots - Jack McVay Jr. and Joseph Waters Jr.

Republicans have only their party's endorsed candidate - Victor Stabile.

Information about the backgrounds of all three may be found at
http://www.pabar.org/public/news%20releases/p...

Here are the websites for the Democratic candidates:

http://www.judgejackmcvay.com/jmpg05.html

http://watersforsuperiorcourt.com/
ATOR

Lehighton, PA

#5730 May 21, 2013
A big CONGRATULATIONS to Judy Moon for being the top vote getter on the Dem ticket today ! Also to that young Bobish kid up in Beaver Meadows. He won both Mayor and Council. I think the Dems need to take a better and longer look at this kid. The Pappy woman didn't do so hot on the Rep ticket. Moon is definitely a shoe in for November. Way to go Dems !
Uh Huh

Lehighton, PA

#5731 May 23, 2013
Yep, just 18% of the voters turned out; could that mean the voters have concluded that government sucks? Moonie could have just voted for herself and she'd be on the November ballot ... don't get excited. By the way, the word is "shoo-in" and originally meant the winner of a rigged horse race.
ATOR

Lehighton, PA

#5732 May 23, 2013
Dear Uh Huh---- sorry to inform you but both spellings are acceptable ! I just checked it out. Tah Dah ! And the phrase "meaning" is not about any winner of a rigged horse race. Anyway, I am excited because Ms. Pappy's complimentary vote count was nothing to get excited about. She has been shooting off her mouth as to how she is going to kick Judy Moon's butt all over the place. NOT with numbers like she got.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5733 May 23, 2013
ATOR wrote:
Dear Uh Huh---- sorry to inform you but both spellings are acceptable ! I just checked it out. Tah Dah ! And the phrase "meaning" is not about any winner of a rigged horse race. Anyway, I am excited because Ms. Pappy's complimentary vote count was nothing to get excited about. She has been shooting off her mouth as to how she is going to kick Judy Moon's butt all over the place. NOT with numbers like she got.
Well ATOR, I have to agree with you in one aspect. Moon got mostly token votes but the voters up in "the meadows" turned out big. Over all in CC 18%, in this off year primary, almost 50% showed up in support of Bobish. Goes to show you not all worth wile candidates come from Nesky.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5734 May 24, 2013
Bobish's family turned out to vote him in again in Beaver Meadows and this excites you? You make me laugh. Congrats to him for winning the mayoral primary, but don't go getting carried away.
Uh Huh

Lehighton, PA

#5735 May 24, 2013
ATOR wrote:
Shoo-in is the conventional spelling. Just being "acceptable" seems the norm for you dems.
Nothing but the Truth

Lehighton, PA

#5736 May 24, 2013
Uh Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Shoo-in is the conventional spelling. Just being "acceptable" seems the norm for you dems.
Both are correct, but they have different origins. Both could apply to this situation, but they have different connotations.
Uh Huh

Lehighton, PA

#5737 May 24, 2013
Thank you for your opinion - now, go away.
Nothing but the Truth

Lehighton, PA

#5738 May 24, 2013
Uh Huh wrote:
Thank you for your opinion - now, go away.
To whom are you speaking? I was not stating an opinion; I was stating a fact.
Uh Huh

Lehighton, PA

#5739 May 24, 2013
Speaking? Why, I'm keyboarding! ;)
ATOR

Lehighton, PA

#5740 May 24, 2013
Nothing but the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Both are correct, but they have different origins. Both could apply to this situation, but they have different connotations.
THANK YOU ! Uh Huh gets a bit cranky in here at times. He also assumes alot.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5741 May 25, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
Bobish's family turned out to vote him in again in Beaver Meadows and this excites you? You make me laugh. Congrats to him for winning the mayoral primary, but don't go getting carried away.
The only reaon I commented was the turn out. I really doubt his family makes up 50% of the votes. Banks Twsp. had an equally impresive showing 57%. The rest of the county I guess couldnt care a less.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5742 May 25, 2013
I've been watching and there wasn't anything to really comment about.Until now.The Bird always makes me comment.Obviously The Bird has a problem with Bobish.You are absolutely correct Law.It is highly doubtful that Bobish's family is large enough to get him the win.I was equally impressed as ATOR stated.The guy is young and certainly seems to have made an impact and impression on the residents up there.From what I have read in the paper,there wasn't much of a contest in the other areas.I guess that would explain the low turnout.Most people won't go out if there's no big contests going on.They feel their vote isn't needed.November,hopefully,will bring out more voters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Thorpe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) 2 hr Fact 915
DeMelfi / Merlino 4 hr Wanna bees 10
News Nesquehoning church fights to stay open (Jun '08) Feb 7 alterboy 4,198
Council Italian Style Feb 6 facts about Marga... 36
News Lehighton vacancy hearing March 4 Feb 3 BillHill 1
what is the animal shelter of carbon county (Jul '13) Feb 2 Rara112 21
News Judge could decide Lehighton vacancy Feb 1 BillHill 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jim Thorpe Mortgages