Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5622 Apr 11, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
<quoted text>
The PV group needs to get out of the way is what it really comes down to. They need to start supporting people not named O'Gurek, McCall or Crampsie for offices. Over the years they have turned away a number of people that would have made the party stronger. Instead, the PV gang wouldn't even consider backing them. So now those people are bitter and not involved. If the PV gang stops working against the rest of the party, then things will improve. Until then the losses will continue.
Lets hope that common sense prevails and they realize that they're hurting the party by obstructing.
Bravo Tweet! you hit the nail on the head. Who are you refering to when you say people who would have made the party stronger (just wondering)?
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5623 Apr 11, 2013
Horrah!Horray!Love the last bunch of comments.Am shocked at Tweet's comments concerning the Panther Valley.It's the truth,though.Just seems that nobody ever wanted to admit to it.It is a new dawn.A new era.And both sides need to re-think and re-evaluate things.While it's great to promote each party's ideals,we must put all of the people before the actual politics of the people and the office.It's the only way things will work and get accomplished.Can I hear an Amen,please.LOL.Oh,I can't wait for my good old buddy GUMID to come on with his retort.I'm waiting.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5624 Apr 11, 2013
Lawful always wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo Tweet! you hit the nail on the head. Who are you refering to when you say people who would have made the party stronger (just wondering)?
Well, lets see. They've alienated a number of people from Jim Thorpe, Lehighton, Palmerton and destroyed what credibility the party had in the Weatherly area. Unfortunately it's a LONG list.
Gave up myid

Jim Thorpe, PA

#5625 Apr 12, 2013
I'm still turning over rocks looking for viable candidates for either party, without any luck. I'd like to know from the Dem side who got discouraged, cause I don't know anyone that has been turned away that was worth their salt. O, on the GOP side, I forgot, Sofranko is always ready to run for commish job, he did get turned away. Hope he runs, you lucky dogs!!!!
One Term Tom

Brooklyn, NY

#5626 Apr 12, 2013
Sofranko & Gerhard ticket? That should be a good laugh.

On the dem side there are at least 3 people besides O'Gurek that are floating their names out there already. 2 of them are legit in my opinion. We'll see what happens since according to people that i talk to O'Gurek has been talking like he'll run again.
Uh Huh

Lehighton, PA

#5627 Apr 12, 2013
Running again?... a huge case of gonads! LOL Why run? Just wait to be reappointed.
Lehighton Republican

Brooklyn, NY

#5628 Apr 12, 2013
Getz won't be there to save his sorry butt this time. I hope we get someone to take his PV votes from him so that he doesn't get out of the primary.
Anita Beer

Lehighton, PA

#5629 Apr 12, 2013
Gave up myid wrote:
I'm still turning over rocks looking for viable candidates for either party, without any luck. I'd like to know from the Dem side who got discouraged, cause I don't know anyone that has been turned away that was worth their salt. O, on the GOP side, I forgot, Sofranko is always ready to run for commish job, he did get turned away. Hope he runs, you lucky dogs!!!!
The PV Gang (PVG) has crossed paths with many people. McGinely, Pete Horchak and Wildoner are all former Dems that should still be involved with the party. Are people upset with them because the are rude or because that's what happens when your in power. Look at Heffley, he has been in power for only 2 years and people have begun to get disgruntled with him already.

More importantly, let's look at the candidates the PVG has endorsed:

Bruce Nalesnick for State Rep - lost in primary
Kanjorski - lost in general
O Sr- lost in general commish race
Tim Holden- lost in primary
Leighton (ran against Yudichak for state senate)- lost in primary

PVG has more losers than winners. Their time has passed. It is time for a changing of the guard. If the next group to step up is the D4c, then they need to become more moderate. It is different when your the leading faction. None of the D4C's have ever ran for office, led a party or have much experience. That may prove to be a problem in the future.

Location hidden

#5630 Apr 12, 2013
Anita Beer wrote:
<quoted text>
The PV Gang (PVG) has crossed paths with many people. McGinely, Pete Horchak and Wildoner are all former Dems that should still be involved with the party. Are people upset with them because the are rude or because that's what happens when your in power. Look at Heffley, he has been in power for only 2 years and people have begun to get disgruntled with him already.
More importantly, let's look at the candidates the PVG has endorsed:
Bruce Nalesnick for State Rep - lost in primary
Kanjorski - lost in general
O Sr- lost in general commish race
Tim Holden- lost in primary
Leighton (ran against Yudichak for state senate)- lost in primary
PVG has more losers than winners. Their time has passed. It is time for a changing of the guard. If the next group to step up is the D4c, then they need to become more moderate. It is different when your the leading faction. None of the D4C's have ever ran for office, led a party or have much experience. That may prove to be a problem in the future.
Your spot on Anita. You are right with none of the DFC holding office. LC thinks she has a clue but is nothing more than a puppet for the Dem party. Doesnt RC have a masters in political science? More of a I read it in a book but I never did it.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5631 Apr 12, 2013
Lawful always wrote:
<quoted text>
Your spot on Anita. You are right with none of the DFC holding office. LC thinks she has a clue but is nothing more than a puppet for the Dem party. Doesnt RC have a masters in political science? More of a I read it in a book but I never did it.
I thought they had a handful of people that either are or were on councils or supervisors boards? EL was JT council for a long while and I'm pretty sure that she's at D4C things.

Location hidden

#5632 Apr 12, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought they had a handful of people that either are or were on councils or supervisors boards? EL was JT council for a long while and I'm pretty sure that she's at D4C things.
c-mon Tweet EL hops on the train thats going faster. Shes dyed in the wool Summit hill gang. I said it before I heard she almost broke her hip jumping up to nominate O for the reappointment.
Retired

Meadville, PA

#5633 Apr 14, 2013
Tweet Tweet wrote:
Retired: let me get this right...you are griping about taxes and how high they keep going but you're going out of your way to defend the guys that raised your taxes.
If you're griping about your financial situation stop doing dumb things with your money. We shouldn't be selling off the future to accommodate people like you that didn't plan properly for their retirement.
Boy if that isn't a Dave Hiles Quote.

Actually I did plan for my retirement. But no one including you planned to have taxes increase this much this fast.

And please go and tell the little old lady living on $900 a month Social Security and lives in a $20,000 row home that she now has to pay 48% more County Real Estate taxes.By the way I know of such a lady in Lansford whom is doing just that and you Dave Hiles gave her Free Oil for a Year. Tell that crape to her! How do you think she is living on that $900 a month? Just do the math on how much this poor lady is paying in taxes! I would say it is at least 1 Month of Social Security income.

Tell that to the guy that has kids a sick wife whom lost his Job and lives on unemployment(which is about 50% less than what his regular job brought in) now he has no insurance to care for his sick wife or kids. Tell this guy he didn't plan for his future!

One day your sky will fall but a person like you has no Empathy let alone Character.
Retired

Meadville, PA

#5634 Apr 14, 2013
EcHo wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. You sound EXACTLY like Dave Hiles. He said that about people in the PV School District. And, look where it got him and the taxpayers of PV. How dare you berate people ? Evidently you have a continuous flow of cash that you don't have to worry. How can anyone really plan with the way things are going. Including starting with that idiot that this country put back in as Pres. Now he wants to cut Medicare ! Oh yeah. Plan for retirement my ass ! How could anyone have foreseen what the idiots in Washington and Pennsylvani were going to slash ? You want to talk about planning. How about the infamous Grutz and O'Gurgle team that didn't plan and now the newbies have to bite the bullet and you sit back and blame them for everything. You even claim they ruined the recycling program. They didn't put the idiot in charge of it. They didn't create the hundred grand deficit that the county ended up paying in to.
I Second that!

Apparently he does have endless money but there will come a time when the money will run out.

Look at our National Government, State,Schools, Towns and County. They spent like there was no tomorrow.
Expect Tomorrow came and they now have No money to pay the bills.
Keep on borrowing and then when China doesn't want to loan or Ben Bernanke stops printing money then what?
When the Tax Payers can't pay the State and Local Taxes anymore then what?

All Government knows is Spend and Tax.

I came to Carbon County 2 decades ago when County Government ran well, now it is in shambles!

I have seen taxes on local, school and county go up 200% in that time. My home on the other hand (Just got it appraised and was shocked). My home has gone up only $8,000 in 2 decades ( the appraised value minus the cost of what I paid for it plus cost of all improvements)! Yet my taxes increased 200%.

So is it my fault I didn't plan for that as well? I do not control the Real Estate market in Carbon County .

But the actions of the local government sure effect the values with their spend and tax policy. And those policies sure will chase people away from buying here.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5635 Apr 14, 2013
The funny part is that spending hasn't gone out of hand locally(with the exception of PV SD) in the past 2 decades. What happened was the state started taking the cowards way out and putting more of the spending burden on school districts, counties and municipalities. The state legislators cut school funding at least 20%, they destroyed the grant programs that were built in as a portion of municipality budgets over the last 40 years and they did the same thing to the county. The worst part is that during that time the state(mostly) has thrown a LOT of, what are now unfunded, mandates on to the local offices.

I'm not Hiles, but he had the blame part of his statement correct. McCall and Heffley are at fault for this debacle. McCall voted through the pension holiday and the PSSAs and Heffley cut the funding. Both ends of that situation are irresponsible at best.

As for retired: if today's seniors had bothered to plan ahead rather than be the instant gratification generation, then they wouldn't be hurting like they are. I have very little sympathy for most of them since they brought it on themselves.
EcHo

Lehighton, PA

#5636 Apr 14, 2013
You have got to be out of your ever loving mind !
Do you know how many retired people LOST their retirement. Talk to the former employees of the Palmerton Zinc and Bethlehem Steel ! How does a retired person PLAN for the stock market to hit rock bottom ? You got a crystal ball that you have been ready for it all to happen ? How does a retired person plan for the cuts in Medicare, etc. How does a retired person plan for all of the cuts but it all goes to the welfare people ? NOBODY can plan for any of this. Alot of these people worked and put their kids through college. Sure they could have saved more had they not done that. I suppose now you will say well those now educated kids should support their parents. You have quite a disjointed mind. These retired people are why you have what you have. They set the standard. They worked. They weren't takers. And now, they have had it taken from them. You are a sad example of what people are today and how they think.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5637 Apr 14, 2013
That's the problem with today's seniors. They expect someone to take care of them because they screwed up. Beth steel & NJ Zinc pensions went bad, but that doesn't excuse people from not planning outside of that. That's the problem, most of today's seniors never bothered to plan for ANYTHING. They just assumed that the company would take care of them. Well guess what, your assumption should not be anyone else's emergency.

The market crashing has absolutely nothing to do with people planning. If people left their assets alone during 08-09 they would be just fine today. It's only the stupid people that sold everything when the market was way down that lost a pile of money. Again, whose fault is that? It's the individual's fault. That person made a stupid choice and I see no reason why the general public should be paying for their poor choices.

Now, can we get back to the local races and gossip?
EcHo

Lehighton, PA

#5638 Apr 14, 2013
WRONG, BIRD BRAIN. Nobody expects anyone to take care of them except the welfare population. I don't hear you complaining about the welfare recipients. You want to get back to the local races and gossip ? You're one of the ones who keeps talking about the next commissioners race. You were even on the new blog that seems to have died about what commissioners should be kept. That election won't even happen for several years. You should really post as white man speaks with forked tongue !
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5639 Apr 14, 2013
That's where you're wrong. Most people expect the government to take care of them. Businesses get trillions of dollars of insane deductions every year...which translate to profit, not jobs. In poor areas like this you will see some people living on SSI or welfare simply because they can afford to do so. If you don't want to see it, then either move somewhere more affluent or run for an office so you can change it.

If people really don't expect government to take care of them like you claim, then explain all of the crying from seniors and military retirees about not getting a cost of living increase. The truth is that people expect the government to take care of them even when it's not in the general public's best interest.
EcHo

Lehighton, PA

#5640 Apr 14, 2013
Anyone who has ever read your posts knows how Democrat you are. While I totally agree with you about Argall and Heffley especially, I don't hear you complaining how government has taken care of your Democrats. McCall is set for life with his hefty House of Reps pension and what he'll get and is getting from the Gaming commission. The Billy O'Gureks will both have nice money coming in from their political jobs. Emitt McCall and his kid will be in the same position. And God forbid the military get anything. What the hell they don't deserve anything. All they did was fight for the freedom for idiots like you to flap your yap with some paying the ultimate sacrifice. In your twisted thinking they should have never served and then they would have been in a better position. Typical answer to move somewhere different or run for office. You have so damn much to say, why don't you run and then you could have things exactly the way you think they should be ?
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5641 Apr 14, 2013
McCall is useless and always has been. Emmett and Mike are even more useless than Keith. I don't begrudge the O'Gurek's though. O Sr should have stepped aside when he lost, but other than that he has earned everything that he's gotten. It's not like he's living high on the hog either. O Jr comes across as an intelligent guy. Besides, don't we need more people doing his job, not less?

As far as military goes, I'm tired of hearing the crying from the military retirees about how we need to cut spending. If you want something cut then be ready with your own wallet. Besides that, they're getting exactly what they've voted for. Military retirees vote overwhelmingly republican and that's where the cuts are being forced from. So, they can deal with the consequences of their actions. It's about being responsible for yourself and they're not voting responsibly based on their own situations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Thorpe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
R Mickey Angst Report (Mar '14) 17 min Taxpayer 1,276
Poll Should Weatherly Area SD be absorbed into a nei... (Jan '13) 31 min Polaris fan boy 26
View this content on our mobile site for the be... 44 min Kovatch 3
Star E Knight Fan Club 22 hr Brenda Chenowith-... 10
Thorpe police officer sued (Jun '13) Fri Big dickrick 117
News Thorpe man arrested in Thursday drug... Fri native chunker 4
Tell me what u think of jt,s worst cop Ike marzen Apr 22 gully 10
More from around the web

Jim Thorpe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]