Details sparce in officer's suicide

Details sparce in officer's suicide

There are 139 comments on the The Citizens' Voice story from Oct 27, 2013, titled Details sparce in officer's suicide. In it, The Citizens' Voice reports that:

David Midas was a well-adjusted, positive man who had been a Carbon County deputy sheriff who intended to run for sheriff.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Citizens' Voice.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Ashamed

Palmerton, PA

#1 Oct 28, 2013
Both Sheriff Nothstein and Commissioner Gerhard should be ashamed of themselves for the interviews they gave to the Times News and Standard Speaker. someone should tape their mouths shut !
Free Speech

Hazleton, PA

#2 Oct 28, 2013
I hope they keep on yapping. This is good entertainment.
light bulb

United States

#3 Oct 28, 2013
Yeah, those two aren't very bright. I feel bad for the wife after the Commissioner's comments, who is he to embarrass her. I guess we should all listen when he speaks like the 40%+ tax increase was good for us. How's the selling of the Packerton Yards going? Keep smiling.
Ashamed

Palmerton, PA

#4 Oct 28, 2013
light bulb wrote:
Yeah, those two aren't very bright. I feel bad for the wife after the Commissioner's comments, who is he to embarrass her. I guess we should all listen when he speaks like the 40%+ tax increase was good for us. How's the selling of the Packerton Yards going? Keep smiling.
Guess neither one heard about thinking before you speak. Dave's death is not about them. Grandstanding. Will be interesting to see how all the blunders are explained. I don't think Gerhard has a clue about anything and the sheriff is just a lost cause.
Voter

Lehighton, PA

#5 Oct 28, 2013
Gerhard is a dumbass. He'll get his when he's up for election.
Carpet

United States

#6 Oct 29, 2013
I hope someone calls out the commissioner for his remarks in the Standard Speaker. How would he like it if that was said about him or his family?
Gerhard

Hazleton, PA

#7 Oct 29, 2013
Midas was in the way and had to go. You don't toe the line then you got to go.

While you all are yapping about the past I am looking into buying stock in the private company that will be purchasing some of the assets of the Hazleton City Authority. Hazleton needs to liquidate before the sp i cks take the city government over.

It's all about money.
Dope dealer

United States

#8 Oct 29, 2013
Gerhard wrote:
While you all are yapping about the past I am looking into buying stock in the private company that will be purchasing some of the assets of the Hazleton City Authority. Hazleton needs to liquidate before the sp i cks take the city government over.
It's all about money.
I realize I sold you some really good crack but you need to cut back
Gerhard

Hazleton, PA

#9 Oct 29, 2013
Dope dealer wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize I sold you some really good crack but you need to cut back
I only snort the finest Columbian freebase cocaine. Crack is whack!
latin kings are gay

Kingston, PA

#10 Oct 29, 2013
Gerhard wrote:
It's all about money.
pesos---its all about the pesos.
realty

Lehighton, PA

#11 Oct 29, 2013
most people on here are idiots...what goes through your minds......bottom line is that this man had problems
realty check

Lehighton, PA

#12 Oct 29, 2013
We think the 2nd cop should have a DNA test done, once the child is born in Dec. then we'll know for sure why the first cop expired.
daddy of reality check

Honesdale, PA

#13 Oct 30, 2013
realty check wrote:
We think the 2nd cop should have a DNA test done, once the child is born in Dec. then we'll know for sure why the first cop expired.
son, you only think that way cause I split when you were born. I'm sorry you were raised by somebody claiming to be your real dad.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#14 Oct 30, 2013
realty check wrote:
Guess you and Matika like to spread rumors. How sad.
Question

Palmerton, PA

#15 Oct 30, 2013
To RLBK exactly what does Judge Matika have to do with any of this ? And aren't you the one who made claims all over Topix that there would be big news breaking about Judge Nanovic ? Nothing ever came of that !
RLBK rumor mill

Chalfont, PA

#16 Oct 30, 2013
RLBK wrote:
<quoted text>Guess you and Matika like to spread rumors. How sad.
So now you are spreading rumors that people are spreading rumors. Nice. Did you just get out of jail?? Or was your kid taken from you? Must be some vendetta you got there.

Location hidden

#17 Oct 30, 2013
RLBK rumor mill wrote:
<quoted text>So now you are spreading rumors that people are spreading rumors. Nice. Did you just get out of jail?? Or was your kid taken from you? Must be some vendetta you got there.
Nope. Never ever been arrested. I didn't spread rumors. Also my lovely children are all safe at home with me where they belong and are model citizens. Thank you for being so concerned.
daves friend

Chalfont, PA

#18 Oct 30, 2013
I don't understand why people on here are so vicious. This was Dave's life not yours so don't be concerned nor occupied with his. He's gone and gone without answers to questions which may never be answered. Let's leave it at that. Tomorrow I will be paying my respects to my friends family. Maybe all of you should respect them too.

Location hidden

#19 Oct 30, 2013
Question wrote:
To RLBK exactly what does Judge Matika have to do with any of this ? And aren't you the one who made claims all over Topix that there would be big news breaking about Judge Nanovic ? Nothing ever came of that !
Wasn't talking about the judge. My husband works with his brother. And this isn't about me. Dave was a great man. How dare anybody post or speak that crap about him. It's none of anybody's business. May he RIP
Tommy Chong

Linesville, PA

#20 Oct 30, 2013
Dave's not here!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Thorpe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) 10 hr Kanye Clinton 1,558
News Iraq hero to be honored with bridge name (Aug '14) 14 hr AJ is a hero 16
RIP George Czarnecki :,'( Wed Glad I Moved Away 3
News Carbon County Personnel Jun 26 lazy bass turd 1
News Weatherly library Chinese auction Jun 26 gaped raw 1
News Thorpe man arrested in Thursday drug... (Apr '15) Jun 25 AWOL 6
News PPL finally comes clean on power outage tageemb... Jun 22 groundhog 1

Jim Thorpe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance