Jim Thorpe volunteer firefighter want...

Jim Thorpe volunteer firefighter wants confessions disregarded ...

There are 131 comments on the The Morning Call story from Apr 24, 2007, titled Jim Thorpe volunteer firefighter wants confessions disregarded .... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A Jim Thorpe volunteer firefighter who has difficulty reading wants a judge to throw out his confessions to starting three fires and stealing $110, saying he didn't completely understand a form that explains ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

CDK

Selinsgrove, PA

#106 May 2, 2008
umm i had only one light bar when i was with Jim Thorpe fire department and it was a blue light strobe blue led for the dash light and i got that from Robert Basile Jr. and he gave me it for my birthday for my 19th birthday and it was blue LED storbe light for the dash and that is all i had on the car.

at least one or two people on here belevie me that am not guility and when i get the carges droped the jim thorpe fire department can go to hell
ControDuke wrote:
Ok theres enough Spanky posts out there....
But god... You people actually believe that you can have a trial, A JURY TRIAL, over a lightbar... You are frigging retarded... A lightbar... GUYS KARPER NEVER HAD A LIGHTBAR!!!! I BELONG TO THE FIRE HOUSE THAT KARPER USED TO BELONG TO. HE DID NOT HAVE A LIGHTBAR.... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???
Marian Hose Company Chief

East Stroudsburg, PA

#107 May 3, 2008
CDK wrote:
umm i had only one light bar when i was with Jim Thorpe fire department and it was a blue light strobe blue led for the dash light and i got that from Robert Basile Jr. and he gave me it for my birthday for my 19th birthday and it was blue LED storbe light for the dash and that is all i had on the car.
at least one or two people on here belevie me that am not guility and when i get the carges droped the jim thorpe fire department can go to hell
<quoted text>
Watch your slanderous tongue young man and don't sass the JT Fire Department just because they threw you out!!!
Constable Mathew King

Northumberland, PA

#108 May 3, 2008
Thr Truth wrote:
umm u can't put a warrant for arrest when some is on house arrest, it just can't be down am sry.
the kids lawyer would have to call him and tell him what is going on to butt out of the kids business
Another warrant has just been issued for abusing the English language along with the one for having the illegal light bar.
Marian Hose Company Chief

East Stroudsburg, PA

#109 May 3, 2008
CDK wrote:
<quoted text>
So much for using that defense where you can't read and write and didn't understand the confession you signed jackass. Obviously you know enough to operate a computer, find this forum, read the posts, and reply to them by typing sentences (albeit, in 3rd grade grammar). You sir are as not as slick as you think.

I'll leave you with this quote to ponder - "The fox condemns the trap, not himself.- William Blake (English visionary Mystic, Poet, Painter and Engraver. 1757-1827)
JTFD Chief Robert Quigly

Northumberland, PA

#110 May 3, 2008
Marian Hose Company Chief wrote:
<quoted text>
So much for using that defense where you can't read and write and didn't understand the confession you signed jackass. Obviously you know enough to operate a computer, find this forum, read the posts, and reply to them by typing sentences (albeit, in 3rd grade grammar). You sir are as not as slick as you think.
I'll leave you with this quote to ponder - "The fox condemns the trap, not himself.- William Blake (English visionary Mystic, Poet, Painter and Engraver. 1757-1827)
Have you distributed my memo about legal lightbars for the borough to all firefighters yet. A study performed by Dr Abu Haschin indicates a direct correlation between illegal lightbars and firefighters setting fires.
Someone with an illegal lightbar is 87.47% more likely to become an arsonist.
Future Atty

Allentown, PA

#111 May 4, 2008
Tom Oscar wrote:
well accuse me sir, but the DA what i heared from his family the DA is doing a more in-depth investigation on this real arsonist and like the court system says this could go on for years or month so it takes a long or short time to get this all worked out and the Karper family is going to sue the fire department, and cops, and the county for lose of other things, and chris karper is more as welcome in my fire department in Washington, DC any time. so back of JTFD
<quoted text>
Joe I mean Tom, I do not think you have a good case if you decide to sue the JTFD or the JTPD. However, if you sue for the lose of other things, I think you have an excellent case. A jury will decide in your favor if you sue for other things.

Other things is so clear cut, the judge and jury will decide in your favor hands down.

Atty in training.
JR Gruber

Allentown, PA

#112 May 4, 2008
CDK wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe all arson cahrges will be dropped. However, the illegal light bar will get Chris an additional 90 days in the county jail especially because you just admitted to having a blue light in your car.

I think the JTFD set you up because you can only use a red or a green light bar in JT and the JTFD knows that. It makes me wonder if they were setting you up.
You all crack me up

Lenhartsville, PA

#113 May 4, 2008
Most of the people posting here obviously have no clue how the criminal justice system works. It would be my guess that most of the supporters here are Karper family members or multiple identities created by the same person. I sit back and laugh at the people who say you can use whatever color light you want in the borough. I laugh at the people who think the JTPD have somebody mysteriously hidden somewhere. However, I do laugh even harder at the people who try to profess Mr. Karper's innocence. Mr. Karper was not at home the night he was caught...he must be forgetting the people he told where he was that night and how none of that made any sense what so ever and his facts didn't add up.

Then of course you have Joe who was claiming to be a state trooper...that was by far the funniest posts I've read in here.

Keep up the entertainment gentlemen. It's providing some good laughs.
Constable Matt King

Northumberland, PA

#114 May 4, 2008
We received a call at approximately 10:20AM that a dark colored Chevy Suburban was spotted at Turkey Hill with an illegal lightbar. Any tips will be kept confidential. We take illegal lightbars very seriously in the borough of Jim Thorpe. If we catch you it is up to 25 years hard time and I'm not talking about time at The Carbon County Hotel aka Juracka's Park.
Bryan Gombert

United States

#115 May 4, 2008
Do you all know my brother Dean got offered to play football at penn state years ago and i was all Division Waterboy like Jimmy Bouchet
SMOKEY THE BEAR

United States

#116 May 4, 2008
You all crack me up wrote:
Most of the people posting here obviously have no clue how the criminal justice system works. It would be my guess that most of the supporters here are Karper family members or multiple identities created by the same person. I sit back and laugh at the people who say you can use whatever color light you want in the borough. I laugh at the people who think the JTPD have somebody mysteriously hidden somewhere. However, I do laugh even harder at the people who try to profess Mr. Karper's innocence. Mr. Karper was not at home the night he was caught...he must be forgetting the people he told where he was that night and how none of that made any sense what so ever and his facts didn't add up.
Then of course you have Joe who was claiming to be a state trooper...that was by far the funniest posts I've read in here.
I hope that you sir have a legal lightbar since you think this lightbar business is such a joke. We in JT take having a proper lightbar very seriously. Our Chief, Robert "Bob" Quigley, is taking down names of people with illegal lightbars and we are soon going to take action. Sheriff Chuckles and Deputy Muscles will be ensuring that all lightbars are safe and legal in our metropolis.
Bobby Bouchet

Northumberland, PA

#117 May 4, 2008
Bryan Gombert wrote:
Do you all know my brother Dean got offered to play football at penn state years ago and i was ll Division Waterboy like Jimmy Bouchet
I was an All Division I waterboy. Get the name right next time pal the name is BOBBY BOUCHET!!! I heard your brother Dean is going to be inducted into the Jim Thorpe Sports Hall of Fame this year. Congrats to Dean Gombert.
Constable Matt King

Northumberland, PA

#118 May 4, 2008
I'm glad you think this lightbar business is a joke. I would love to catch you in the Borough of Jim Thorpe with an illegal lightbar. We will lock you quicker than Toad can suck down a krispy kreme. Chief Quigly has informed us that the Department of Homeland Security now considers an illegal lightbar an offense covered by the Patriot Act so you will be locked up and sent straight to Guantanamo no trial or lawyers. BRING ON THE ILLEGAL LIGHTBARS JACK!!!!!!!
Hey Moron

Allentown, PA

#119 May 4, 2008
1.) WOW you are a clever one sir! Did you figure that out all by yourself that the Karps's are posting under numerous names? You should work for the FBI!
2.)No crap idiot, there is a light bar law in the borough of JT. Also, there is a certain individual that patrols the town for illegal light bars and reports it to the cop on duty. That is how they caught the Karp kid and that is why he is in trouble.
3.) Joe was a state tropper at one time before he got a job on the JTPD. In fact, he served 15 years as a gray god you moron.
4.) Also, the kid is serving house arrest for an illegal light bar not because of the arson charges!
Get your facts straight before you post on here buddy!
ControDuke

Stroudsburg, PA

#120 May 8, 2008
The Real Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that the firestation you belong to has a phone number that begins with 377 and it is south of the mahoning dixon line sir. How 'bout them apples...
how bout 169... does that number and the fire station mean anything to you.. not everyone knows that number.... you are a tool.... And funny.... Just goes to show who you are.... Anyone bashing Lehighton/Mahoning, using the term mshoning dixon, is a tool... By the way... Now I know who you are...
BigMac

Honesdale, PA

#123 Jun 3, 2008
Hey moron
if you turned in everyone with an ileagle litebar who would be able to get to the stationn in a timley fasion? Persionley I do not support joe or chris carper.If joe was a state trooper why didn't retire from there? Joe for as long as i have knowen him he did much of nothing.I have bin an active member of the fdjt for over 20 years and till this day I still hate arrsonest.

Since: Jun 08

Parts Unknown

#124 Jun 25, 2008
BigMac wrote:
Hey moron
if you turned in everyone with an ileagle litebar who would be able to get to the stationn in a timley fasion? Persionley I do not support joe or chris carper.If joe was a state trooper why didn't retire from there? Joe for as long as i have knowen him he did much of nothing.I have bin an active member of the fdjt for over 20 years and till this day I still hate arrsonest.
Big Joe K was never a state trooper he was a poor excuse of a town cop and spent more time at Turkey Hill and Donut Queen than any cop in JT history

Since: Jun 08

Parts Unknown

#125 Jun 25, 2008
Toad Loosely is a close 2nd to Big Joe K for time spent at Turkey Hill.
C Steak

Anzano Del Parco, Italy

#126 Jun 26, 2008
King_Slender wrote:
<quoted text>Big Joe K was never a state trooper he was a poor excuse of a town cop and spent more time at Turkey Hill and Donut Queen than any cop in JT history
Boo was my buddy, but he was also a poor excuse for a cop.
nicole

Middleburg, PA

#127 Sep 24, 2008
there is no company like: Schmick, Schweibenz and Lenthal , i just looked everywhere for it online there is no such company by that name
Charles Lental Esq wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way Chris is getting out of this one is if he hires the high profile Attorney John Karoley. Even myself and my team of attorneys in the firm of Schmick, Schweibenz and Lenthal cannot get him out of this one.
Good luck, but with the evidence they have, this young man is looking guilty as sin.
My son has a lightbar on his car, but it's OK, because it is Red and Blue. Red and Blue lightbars are ok and legal to use in the borough of JT, I'm telling you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Thorpe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) 3 hr Figured 2,252
Lehighton area right to know questions $100,000 Tue Never gets involved 1
Hazleton News 1 Accident Coverage Criticism (Oct '15) Nov 1 Vote for Mickey 49
News Five charged with retail theft from... (Mar '13) Oct '17 Jtpd spokes person 3
News Trump in Harrisburg to Talk Taxes Oct '17 Putins Glock Holster 2
Sandy Valley Go-kart Accident 🚑 Oct '17 Too Much Sugar 1
contact me please (Mar '16) Oct '17 Lehightondude 2

Jim Thorpe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jim Thorpe Mortgages