Unreturned library book leads to woman's arrest

Full story: GoErie.com

INDEPENDENCE, Iowa -- An Iowa woman has been arrested because she failed to return a library book.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Patti

Covington, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2009

glad I don't live in Iowa.....
Slick

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2009

That stinks. I went to the Erie Library a few years ago to get a library card. I had signed out a book back in 1983 and never returned it.(I was 10 at the time and we moved, so I believe it was lost during the move).

Anyhow, I went to the library and no kidding.... they still had that on record that I never returned the book. So, I had to pay a $10 fine to get my library card.. how funny...
Sean

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2009

The amazing thing about this
is she could of bought the
book at a used book store or
half.com and saved herself
the embarassment .
Iowa must be hard up for money

That is funny Slick
Ecdysiast

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2009

Good thing she didn't clip the tag off a mattress, she'd be in the slammer for life!
fred

Bolivar, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2009

wow,, boy they sent the big guns out for her, we better watch what we are doing now.
Katie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2009

No offense, but if everybody took out a library book and never returned it, like this person did, we would not have libraries!!

People need to take responsibility for their actions and realize what the right thing to do is (in this case, return the book or pay the fine).
fred

Bolivar, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2009

Katie wrote:
No offense, but if everybody took out a library book and never returned it, like this person did, we would not have libraries!!
People need to take responsibility for their actions and realize what the right thing to do is (in this case, return the book or pay the fine).
Pay yes but arrested????? a bit harsh. We dont go after dead beat parents this bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Jesup Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Jesup Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Jesup People Search