Unreturned library book leads to woman's arrest

Full story: GoErie.com 7
INDEPENDENCE, Iowa -- An Iowa woman has been arrested because she failed to return a library book. Full Story
Patti

Covington, LA

#1 Jan 24, 2009
glad I don't live in Iowa.....
Slick

AOL

#2 Jan 24, 2009
That stinks. I went to the Erie Library a few years ago to get a library card. I had signed out a book back in 1983 and never returned it.(I was 10 at the time and we moved, so I believe it was lost during the move).

Anyhow, I went to the library and no kidding.... they still had that on record that I never returned the book. So, I had to pay a $10 fine to get my library card.. how funny...
Sean

Seattle, WA

#3 Jan 24, 2009
The amazing thing about this
is she could of bought the
book at a used book store or
half.com and saved herself
the embarassment .
Iowa must be hard up for money

That is funny Slick
Ecdysiast

Erie, PA

#4 Jan 24, 2009
Good thing she didn't clip the tag off a mattress, she'd be in the slammer for life!
fred

Bolivar, OH

#5 Jan 24, 2009
wow,, boy they sent the big guns out for her, we better watch what we are doing now.
Katie

Harborcreek, PA

#6 Jan 25, 2009
No offense, but if everybody took out a library book and never returned it, like this person did, we would not have libraries!!

People need to take responsibility for their actions and realize what the right thing to do is (in this case, return the book or pay the fine).
fred

Bolivar, OH

#7 Jan 27, 2009
Katie wrote:
No offense, but if everybody took out a library book and never returned it, like this person did, we would not have libraries!!
People need to take responsibility for their actions and realize what the right thing to do is (in this case, return the book or pay the fine).
Pay yes but arrested????? a bit harsh. We dont go after dead beat parents this bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jesup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mental illness. Peers helping peers Aug '14 corrinaBaxter 1
IA Who do you support for Governor in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 63
Lee Blessing's INDEPENDENCE Opens Tonight at Lo... Jun '14 daxton 1
IA Iowa House primary ground zero for gay marriage... (Jun '10) Jun '14 slayer rules 411
Photo Gallery: Spirit shines through Independen... May '14 daxton 1
Witness says he saw missing Iowa girls after th... (Jul '12) May '14 Gypsy 475
IA Who do you support for Treasurer in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Mar '14 daxton 9
•••
•••
•••

Jesup Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••