First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Interesting

United States

#1 Aug 1, 2012
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Authorities-in...
Go read this! I am posting just part of it, "On Tuesday, Cedar Rapids police were called to an attempted abduction at about 5:30 p.m. in the 7500 block of Kirkwood Boulevard S.W.
A boy was riding his bike on a sidewalk when a white 1990s Chevrolet Astro van pulled up next to him. A man jumped out of the van and grabbed the boy, and a woman attempted to take his bike, according to Cedar Rapids police.
The boy’s father, who was following on a motorcycle, saw the commotion and began yelling, and the assailants dropped the boy and the bike and fled.
Police said they were informed about the incident three hours later." The man was described as a white male was in his 30s with short brown hair, about 5 feet, 8 inches tall and weighing 120 pounds. The other suspect is described as a white female was in her 20s, thin build, shoulder length brown hair and a tattoo on the thumb web of her left hand.
A third person, who was driving the van, was described as a white male with glasses and a larger build."
parttimeiowan

Rocky Mount, NC

#2 Aug 1, 2012
3 hours later? WHY did a dad wait 3 hours before contacting authorities? that should be an immediate thing to do. Have authorities confirmed that this actually happened?
parttimeiowan

Rocky Mount, NC

#3 Aug 1, 2012
waiting to see what authorities say. but, does show just how easy it could be for someone to steal your child.
Ashley

Greensboro, NC

#4 Aug 1, 2012
parttimeiowan wrote:
waiting to see what authorities say. but, does show just how easy it could be for someone to steal your child.
Wow! that's enough time to go out to eat, come home, settle down, watch TV and think, well, I guess we'll let LE know what happened this afternoon. I find it highly questionable or either he's not very smart.
common sense

Bullard, TX

#5 Sep 12, 2012
Interesting wrote:
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local /Authorities-investigating-pos sible-links-between-missing-gi rls-attempted-abduction-in-Ced ar-Rapids-164615776.html
Go read this! I am posting just part of it, "On Tuesday, Cedar Rapids police were called to an attempted abduction at about 5:30 p.m. in the 7500 block of Kirkwood Boulevard S.W.
A boy was riding his bike on a sidewalk when a white 1990s Chevrolet Astro van pulled up next to him. A man jumped out of the van and grabbed the boy, and a woman attempted to take his bike, according to Cedar Rapids police.
The boy’s father, who was following on a motorcycle, saw the commotion and began yelling, and the assailants dropped the boy and the bike and fled.
Police said they were informed about the incident three hours later." The man was described as a white male was in his 30s with short brown hair, about 5 feet, 8 inches tall and weighing 120 pounds. The other suspect is described as a white female was in her 20s, thin build, shoulder length brown hair and a tattoo on the thumb web of her left hand.
A third person, who was driving the van, was described as a white male with glasses and a larger build."
What astounds me is looking on the Iowa registry on-line there are people who match this description in the Evansdale area. Some of this description is very rare. Take time to look at the registry.I'm sure the parents have surely looked on the registry, god bless 'em. If not they should look now in my opinion.

I want it to be known I will not take time to argue this with anyone. I am not saying my opinion will lead to the arrests, but the registry does have people in that area who match the description. Our prayers cross country are with you all.

Whoever has these girls let them go now please. I have the right to post my opinion and have it considered. We all do.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#6 Sep 13, 2012
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
What astounds me is looking on the Iowa registry on-line there are people who match this description in the Evansdale area. Some of this description is very rare. Take time to look at the registry.I'm sure the parents have surely looked on the registry, god bless 'em. If not they should look now in my opinion.
I want it to be known I will not take time to argue this with anyone. I am not saying my opinion will lead to the arrests, but the registry does have people in that area who match the description. Our prayers cross country are with you all.
Whoever has these girls let them go now please. I have the right to post my opinion and have it considered. We all do.
Thanks for the great post. Certainly is worth looking at.
love and light

Bullard, TX

#8 Sep 13, 2012
O.k. I had to erase some of the details, because there was too much content, but this is what it says on the website. I've posted it above. Many are teens, but note how many disappeared this summer. I think that's odd.
free speech

Bullard, TX

#10 Sep 13, 2012
Cedar Falls Patch is the website where it says 17 missing kids/16 this summer in Evansdale, Iowa and Waterloo. You may have to type it into their search engine on the site. The cops keep removing my post. How about asking Cedar Falls Patch to remove the article if it bothers you so much?
hope

Bullard, TX

#11 Sep 15, 2012
hope

Bullard, TX

#12 Sep 15, 2012
The Iowa Department of Public Safety keeps a database of missing persons throughout Iowa, children and adults alike, going back to 1973. The web site is updated four times each day.

The database lists 17 people who disappeared as children missing from Black Hawk County.

The Iowa Missing Person Hotline is available seven days a week to request assistance locating a missing person and report information on the sighting/location of a missing person.

Above is what it says on the Cedar Falls Patch website. I couldn't get the link to ork, but this website really does nam 17 kids missing in Evansdale and Werloo, 16 this summer.
hope

Bullard, TX

#13 Sep 15, 2012
There is a female offender listed for the Evansdale/Waterloo area who has a tattoo on her left hand. It doesn't say where the tattoo is exactly on her left hand or what it is of.Her alias is interesting though. She is in her twenties and is probably considered average weight. Her hair is listed as blonde, but it looks bownish blonde.
King George

Seymour, IN

#14 Sep 16, 2012
free speech wrote:
Cedar Falls Patch is the website where it says 17 missing kids/16 this summer in Evansdale, Iowa and Waterloo. You may have to type it into their search engine on the site. The cops keep removing my post. How about asking Cedar Falls Patch to remove the article if it bothers you so much?
You say the cops keep removing your posts?
I checked the article at the Patch. Did a search for about four of those kids and found nothing. No media coverage whatsoever.
Now, I'll grant that many of those missing kids are teens and may have run away, but, I doubt the 8 year old is a runaway. Why no alerts anywhere that any of those other children are missing?

Something's very wrong, and as we try to determine what that is, I think we should take a good hard look at this information.
This 11 year old girl states that a man with greying hair pulled up in his white van, threw the side door open, shook her hand, and touched her face, telling her how beautiful she was. I would assume one would open the side door of a van either to put something in or take something out. Well, he didn't take anything out.
http://www.kwwl.com/story/19093640/dubuque-gi...

Sounds suspicious to me, how about you?
But, not to police.
"The Dubuque Police Department interviewed the driver of a white van who had approached an 11-year-old girl. The girl told her parents he touched her face. The girl ran away and her family reported the incident to police. Police interviews with the man revealed no criminal intent and no criminal charges will be filed."
http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx...

No criminal intent - police seem to think it's perfectly normal behavior for an old guy to be attracted to an 11 year old girl, throw his van doors wide open, and touch her.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#15 Sep 16, 2012
King George wrote:
<quoted text>
You say the cops keep removing your posts?
I checked the article at the Patch. Did a search for about four of those kids and found nothing. No media coverage whatsoever.
Now, I'll grant that many of those missing kids are teens and may have run away, but, I doubt the 8 year old is a runaway. Why no alerts anywhere that any of those other children are missing?
Something's very wrong, and as we try to determine what that is, I think we should take a good hard look at this information.
This 11 year old girl states that a man with greying hair pulled up in his white van, threw the side door open, shook her hand, and touched her face, telling her how beautiful she was. I would assume one would open the side door of a van either to put something in or take something out. Well, he didn't take anything out.
http://www.kwwl.com/story/19093640/dubuque-gi...
Sounds suspicious to me, how about you?
But, not to police.
"The Dubuque Police Department interviewed the driver of a white van who had approached an 11-year-old girl. The girl told her parents he touched her face. The girl ran away and her family reported the incident to police. Police interviews with the man revealed no criminal intent and no criminal charges will be filed."
http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx...
No criminal intent - police seem to think it's perfectly normal behavior for an old guy to be attracted to an 11 year old girl, throw his van doors wide open, and touch her.
King George…They interviewed the man in the white van. What would they charge him with? Pulling up to the girl, saying hello to a young girl, shaking her hand, touching her face. Maybe assault. Depends on what the girl reported. LE may not think this is normal behavior. As you and I don’t think that way either, What is LE left with to charge this man. Criminal or intent has to have a proof with it. If there had been the slightest struggle with the man trying to pull her in and she is able to get away, then there is criminal intent. Attempted abduction. If you look out your window late one night and you see a car pull into your driveway with what you think might be intended burglars about to break into your home, and you turn the light on and they flee, while you are taking the plate # what can they be charged with when they did nothing other than pull in the driveway, while you knew the truth of it. I agree this man had intent to do something. Not even a doubt. LE now has this man in the system where he might remain for quiet awhile with so many attempts going on, same as the plate # taken in the driveway.I am very proud of this 11 year old who got away unharmed.
hope

Bullard, TX

#16 Sep 16, 2012
Ok. but the incident I'm talking about is the one where the people in the white van tried to abduct a little boy a few days before the cousins disappeared. The article states there were three people involved and one was a woman who had a tattoo on her left hand. There is a registered offender who has a tattoo on her left hand. There was a large man driving the van and he was wearing glasses. There is an offender who meets that description as well who lives within four miles of Meyer's Lake.
hope

Bullard, TX

#17 Sep 16, 2012
King George wrote:
<quoted text>
You say the cops keep removing your posts?
I checked the article at the Patch. Did a search for about four of those kids and found nothing. No media coverage whatsoever.
Now, I'll grant that many of those missing kids are teens and may have run away, but, I doubt the 8 year old is a runaway. Why no alerts anywhere that any of those other children are missing?
Something's very wrong, and as we try to determine what that is, I think we should take a good hard look at this information.
This 11 year old girl states that a man with greying hair pulled up in his white van, threw the side door open, shook her hand, and touched her face, telling her how beautiful she was. I would assume one would open the side door of a van either to put something in or take something out. Well, he didn't take anything out.
http://www.kwwl.com/story/19093640/dubuque-gi...
Sounds suspicious to me, how about you?
But, not to police.
"The Dubuque Police Department interviewed the driver of a white van who had approached an 11-year-old girl. The girl told her parents he touched her face. The girl ran away and her family reported the incident to police. Police interviews with the man revealed no criminal intent and no criminal charges will be filed."
http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx...
No criminal intent - police seem to think it's perfectly normal behavior for an old guy to be attracted to an 11 year old girl, throw his van doors wide open, and touch her.
I agree.. any suspicious behavior should be taken seriously. No, it is not normal for a grown person to stop a young girl this way or to stop her period. An 11 yr. old would be outside his social group especially considering he was a stranger. And it isn't appropriate for a grown person to be telling a girl she's beautiful particularly in the context he said it and under the circumstances. I understand your point.
hope

Bullard, TX

#18 Sep 16, 2012
Assuming there is a number of still missing kids/teen kids or kids otherwise of any age who disappeared recently one could gather there could be a sex trafficking network in the area. It is one concern. I have been unable to post without it getting erased what is on the Cedar Falls Patch page but it does say on there that 17 kids, all but 16 disappeared this year [most this summer]. Someone on here said they were unable to match the names on that page to anything online, but the article does say that the kids were still missing as of late August and doesn't elaborate. I do not know that there are still that many kids from the area missing, but it is the publics right to know if there is. And if so there could be something going on in Evansdale. We can't be too careful with the safety of the youth in any community. For them to print that there has to be questions raised. It could be the kids were run aways and were found already. It could also be there are missing kids the state doesn't want you to know about. In that case, you need to know it is your right to know. To say that I do know is probably a bit far fetched, but I do see something here. You decide what it is though. It's your community and I'm sure you're well equipped to figure it out. God bless and good luck finding any kids who may be missing. This is what we do.. we look out for each other as a nation.Sometimes one person might seem to have a goofy idea, but it could be worth checking out.
hope

Bullard, TX

#19 Sep 16, 2012
And I don't think that the state is intentionally doing anything to be mean. I assume if they r holding anything back it is either due to a fear that the community would panic or because they aren't sure if anything is going on. But in all the time since these white van reports and in all the time since the cousins disappeared I would think any bit of knowledge or suspicion would or should be public information for the sake of bringing it to closure. You never know who might be able to elaborate if we can all communicate. My prayers r with u all.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#20 Sep 16, 2012
hope wrote:
Ok. but the incident I'm talking about is the one where the people in the white van tried to abduct a little boy a few days before the cousins disappeared. The article states there were three people involved and one was a woman who had a tattoo on her left hand. There is a registered offender who has a tattoo on her left hand. There was a large man driving the van and he was wearing glasses. There is an offender who meets that description as well who lives within four miles of Meyer's Lake.
Authorities investigating possible links between missing girls, attempted abduction in Cedar Rapids
EVANSDALE, Iowa --- Authorities investigating the disappearance of two cousins in Evansdale last month said they are looking into possible links to an attempted abduction in Cedar Rapids on Tuesday.
Kent Smock, chief of the Evansdale Police Department, said he is aware of Tuesday’s attempted snatching of a 5-year-old boy who was riding his bike.
He said his department also looks into other kidnapping and missing children reports from across the nation for possible parallels with the disappearance of Elizabeth Collins, 9, and Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10.
Both girls were last seen riding their bikes in Evansdale on July 13. The bikes and a purse were later found near the Meyers Lake bike path.
Authorities have called their disappearance an abduction.
On Tuesday, Cedar Rapids police were called to an attempted abduction at about 5:30 p.m. in the 7500 block of Kirkwood Boulevard S.W.
A boy was riding his bike on a sidewalk when a white 1990s Chevrolet Astro van pulled up next to him. A man jumped out of the van and grabbed the boy, and a woman attempted to take his bike, according to Cedar Rapids police.
The boy’s father, who was following on a motorcycle, saw the commotion and began yelling, and the assailants dropped the boy and the bike and fled.
Police said they were informed about the incident three hours later.
The man was described as a white male was in his 30s with short brown hair, about 5 feet, 8 inches tall and weighing 120 pounds. The other suspect is described as a white female was in her 20s, thin build, shoulder length brown hair and a tattoo on the thumb web of her left hand.
A third person, who was driving the van, was described as a white male with glasses and a larger build.
Waterloo police are also aware of the Cedar Rapids incident. There have been no similar reports in the Waterloo area.
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/a... This is all I could find in the area with that same description you have. I searched for before the girls went missing also.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#21 Sep 16, 2012
hope wrote:
Assuming there is a number of still missing kids/teen kids or kids otherwise of any age who disappeared recently one could gather there could be a sex trafficking network in the area. It is one concern. I have been unable to post without it getting erased what is on the Cedar Falls Patch page but it does say on there that 17 kids, all but 16 disappeared this year [most this summer]. Someone on here said they were unable to match the names on that page to anything online, but the article does say that the kids were still missing as of late August and doesn't elaborate. I do not know that there are still that many kids from the area missing, but it is the publics right to know if there is. And if so there could be something going on in Evansdale. We can't be too careful with the safety of the youth in any community. For them to print that there has to be questions raised. It could be the kids were run aways and were found already. It could also be there are missing kids the state doesn't want you to know about. In that case, you need to know it is your right to know. To say that I do know is probably a bit far fetched, but I do see something here. You decide what it is though. It's your community and I'm sure you're well equipped to figure it out. God bless and good luck finding any kids who may be missing. This is what we do.. we look out for each other as a nation.Sometimes one person might seem to have a goofy idea, but it could be worth checking out.
You are right about the goofy idea! There are many web sites for states and national that list all the missing kids in America from many years back. They are easy find from city, to state, to nation wide. If they have been found you will see a big banner across the picture to state that. You can type a missing child's name in and find lots of info about that case. Newspapers and media TV spend much time on current cases that attract viewers, such as us, while not a lot on the many thousands that are older cases or just don't grab national, while they can have a lot of focus in their immediate areas and on blogs and forums.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#22 Sep 16, 2012
hope wrote:
And I don't think that the state is intentionally doing anything to be mean. I assume if they r holding anything back it is either due to a fear that the community would panic or because they aren't sure if anything is going on. But in all the time since these white van reports and in all the time since the cousins disappeared I would think any bit of knowledge or suspicion would or should be public information for the sake of bringing it to closure. You never know who might be able to elaborate if we can all communicate. My prayers r with u all.
The white van has turned into a red flag issue by many and rightfully so, as King George has posted information from links on a number of white van sightings in several states. I fully understand that all white vans cannot be stopped and searched without cause, I do believe LE is looking closely. These kidnappers can dodge LE's pretty easy in my thinking, simply because they have not been caught. This description in your post of the three is a great one, because LE knows about it. Finding them is up to LE, while they need the public to be watchful also and send tips if they think they have spotted them. Perhaps they are continuously on the move. They could be on a county LE's wanted list, which can be viewed at most LE websites. It's not as easy to catch a criminal as one might think it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jesup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mental illness. Peers helping peers Aug '14 corrinaBaxter 1
IA Who do you support for Governor in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 63
Lee Blessing's INDEPENDENCE Opens Tonight at Lo... Jun '14 daxton 1
IA Iowa House primary ground zero for gay marriage... (Jun '10) Jun '14 slayer rules 411
Photo Gallery: Spirit shines through Independen... May '14 daxton 1
Witness says he saw missing Iowa girls after th... (Jul '12) May '14 Gypsy 475
IA Who do you support for Treasurer in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Mar '14 daxton 9
•••
•••
•••

Jesup Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Jesup People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Jesup News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jesup
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••