gassing of dogs
Outraged Animal Lover

Milledgeville, GA

#1 Sep 10, 2009
Everyone that has a dog should be aware that the animal control can pick up your dog even outside of the city, take him to the pound and if it is still there on Thursday, they gas him. It doesn't matter if it has only been there for a couple of days. Some of these are fine dogs,(dobermans, labs, bulldogs, chihuahuas), some of which had on collars. I think this is one of the cruelest and most unfair things that I have heard of in a while!! They make no attempt to let the public know what dogs they have. The city should have to post this information for the public. Think of all the people that never found out what happened to their beloved pet!!!
heres my opinion

Jesup, GA

#2 Sep 10, 2009
If you would comply with the law and keep your pet on a chain or in a fenced in yard they wouldnt pick it up. Wayne County has a leash law. By the way they don't gas the dogs either they euthanize them with a shot which is painless and they just go to sleep. They also have to keep them for 7 days by law before they euthanize them.
yeller jacket

United States

#3 Sep 11, 2009
Not true opinion: AND, say your dog gets out on Wednesday, Thursday he's gone, no record: I guess you figure getting put to sleep is OK, someone has to speak out for the animals, seems like they can't type or get on line: Dogs can't read the LAWS in Wayne county:
heres my opinion

Savannah, GA

#4 Sep 17, 2009
Hey there Yeller Jacket,

I understand that dogs get out. The problem is when they keep getting out and neigbors complain over and over again. Then you have the people who dont take care of their dogs in shape form or fashion. What is more cruel, putting an animal out of its misery or letting it starve roaming around the neighborhood. I understand your point but there's more than one side to the story also. There again Kids can get away from you in a heartbeat also they can get hurt in a matter of seconds if you dont watch em. Sooo that means you have to take measures to keep them contained in some fashion to protect them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jesup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bluebird Cafe Jul 11 Unhappy Customer 1
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) May '17 Stacy in Texas 142
Jamie Adams May '17 Timmy 1
Patrica Rice post me your phone # May '17 concerned friend 3
Bert Guy (May '16) May '17 Doc 6
donna white. daughter of geneva and ted white Apr '17 sbhvkc 2
Free animals (Nov '15) Apr '17 terrilucas 2

Jesup Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance