East Coast Ethanol, LLC to Build Four...

East Coast Ethanol, LLC to Build Four 100- Million Gallon Per Year Ethanol Plants in the Southeast

There are 23 comments on the Milling Journal story from Sep 19, 2007, titled East Coast Ethanol, LLC to Build Four 100- Million Gallon Per Year Ethanol Plants in the Southeast. In it, Milling Journal reports that:

“East Coast Ethanol has the advantage of having a large population base within a relatively short distance providing demand for ethanol”

Atlanta, GA- - 'The boards of Atlantic Ethanol , LLC, Mid-Atlantic Ethanol , LLC, Florida Ethanol , LLC and Palmetto Agri-Fuels , LLC, announced Sept. via Milling Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Milling Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pem Hawkins

Zebulon, NC

#1 Dec 29, 2007
I don't want your plant in my front yared in Selma,NC.
Correction to Nnumber 1

United States

#2 Jan 1, 2008
I don't want your plant in my front yard in Selma,NC. I would rather have either a nuclear power plant or a large factory swine farm where you are going because they are very environmental conseqience; however, I have seen in any of the information where air quality surrounding the plants is mentioned.

Also, I have heard that 45 jobs are what the area is going to get out of your operation, my question is what of jobs are they? It would be my guess that 90% of them would minimal labor payinf the Minimum Wage; consequently, the surrounding area needs higher paying jobs.
Pem Hawkins

United States

#3 Jan 9, 2008
Over two hundred people packed a meeting in Selma,NC on January 08,2008 to demonstrate their desire for a 110 Million Gallon Plant not to be built in the area. The outcome of the meeting was tabling of the Zoning Board recommendation and it will be voted on at that time. The audience was not locals; consequently, there were some very highly educated and knowledgeable people that knew about the result of locating a plant of this magnitude in an area zoned Residential/Agricultural and not Heavey Industrial.
Pem Hawkins

United States

#4 Feb 5, 2008
There is great news in the Selma-Pine Level, NC area today because it has just been announced that the company has with drawn their Zoning Request for 110MM gallon plant in the area. The excuse that was used was that not enough Natural Gas was available. The real truth is that people who would have to live with a 3 mile radius of this massive polluter stood up for their rights and home and real estate values and said NO!!!!!!!.
Pem Hawkins

Charlotte, NC

#5 Feb 10, 2008
If this company and group comes to your town trying to propose this hazard, go home and do your research and go to the meeting prepared and you will win. The presentation in Selma, NC was the worst prepared presentation that I have ever seen and I have watching presentations for many years in work.
Pem Hawkins

United States

#6 Feb 26, 2008
I see where they are discussing putting one of these things in the Brunwick Georgia Area. If those people can't see it for what it is worth, then they need to read some of the postings above and stories in both The Kenly News and The Selma Newa Websites. I can't under stand why they would consider a resort area like Brunswick and its surroundings.
Gerald

Deer Park, NY

#7 Oct 1, 2008
I believe that this can help the enviornment. In order to help the enviornment, you have to include the people because they are part of the enviornment. Let the people know the pros and cons of having this company.
bill

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#8 Oct 7, 2008
No they won't. Gov't subsidies for corn for ethanol are over, and East Coast is designed for Corn, not trash, sawgrass, or anything else that is waste that could be turned into ethanol. MOUNT PLEASANT, YOU DIDN'T WIN--The federal government pulled the rug, just like they will do to you if you vote OBAMA.
bill

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#9 Oct 7, 2008
Uh, Fack you.
Just for the hall of it.
bill

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#10 Oct 7, 2008
I don't want your plant in my front yard in Selma,NC.

I DON'T WANT YOUR YARD IN FRONT OF MY PLANT.
GTFAWAY AND STFU.
Enviro one

United States

#11 Oct 17, 2008
Gerald wrote:
I believe that this can help the enviornment. In order to help the enviornment, you have to include the people because they are part of the enviornment. Let the people know the pros and cons of having this company.
They will use and discard 300,000 gallons of water per day, sucked out of the aquifer: How many gallons of ethanol are produced per day?
The Shooter

Savannah, GA

#12 Nov 3, 2008
Pem Hawkins wrote:
I see where they are discussing putting one of these things in the Brunwick Georgia Area. If those people can't see it for what it is worth, then they need to read some of the postings above and stories in both The Kenly News and The Selma Newa Websites. I can't under stand why they would consider a resort area like Brunswick and its surroundings.
Brunswick sucks
Huey

Savannah, GA

#13 Nov 5, 2008
this plant IS NOT in the "Brunswick area" It's in the middle of bum f u c k Egypt in a useless pine forest in Wayne County 15 Miles from the nearest town (Jesup) and 20 Miles away from Hercules in BRUNSWICK. Get your facts straight bed wetting osama herd voter.
The Shooter

Savannah, GA

#14 Nov 6, 2008
Huey wrote:
this plant IS NOT in the "Brunswick area" It's in the middle of bum f u c k Egypt in a useless pine forest in Wayne County 15 Miles from the nearest town (Jesup) and 20 Miles away from Hercules in BRUNSWICK. Get your facts straight bed wetting osama herd voter.
Preach it Huey!!!!!

Get on that a**!!!!
lea storm

Bellwood, PA

#15 Nov 14, 2008
Enviro one wrote:
<quoted text>
They will use and discard 300,000 gallons of water per day, sucked out of the aquifer: How many gallons of ethanol are produced per day?
a golf course uses more water in a year than a ethanol plant. do your research. How many golf courses are in the south????????
lea storm

Bellwood, PA

#16 Nov 14, 2008
If you are worried about water research how much a golf course uses in one year and how many golf courses are there in this part of the US????
Enviro one

United States

#17 Nov 14, 2008
lea storm wrote:
If you are worried about water research how much a golf course uses in one year and how many golf courses are there in this part of the US????
Sorry, I thought this topic was related to Ethanol Plants, not golf courses
will smith

Bellwood, PA

#18 Nov 14, 2008
Enviro one wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I thought this topic was related to Ethanol Plants, not golf courses
they were relating to your water usage statement or was that not your point? and if not why mention it
will smith

Bellwood, PA

#19 Nov 14, 2008
just divide 365 days per year into 100,000,000
and you should get a fair answer on the amount produced in a day , simple math. to produce 1 tire it take nearly 600 gallons of water.
1500 gallons to produce 1 barrel of beer.
280 gallon to produce 1 Sunday paper and your point is????????? To explain futher it takes 3 gallons of water to produce 1 gallon of ethanol.
Wayne Groover

Savannah, GA

#20 Nov 25, 2008
will smith wrote:
just divide 365 days per year into 100,000,000
and you should get a fair answer on the amount produced in a day , simple math. to produce 1 tire it take nearly 600 gallons of water.
1500 gallons to produce 1 barrel of beer.
280 gallon to produce 1 Sunday paper and your point is????????? To explain futher it takes 3 gallons of water to produce 1 gallon of ethanol.
Is that the amount of semen you swallow you dumb f***?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jesup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angie Pope Jan 17 OStrouble 1
Long Counties finest Jan 9 Farrell 2
News Ludowici woman denied bond again (Aug '07) Jan 3 fluffy 89
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Dec '17 Whosoever Will 145
Does anyone know Stephanie Holland young Nov '17 Bob burgers 2
jesup/wayne county recreation dept. (May '09) Nov '17 Terry Strickland 14
Muslim Compound near Odum? (May '07) Nov '17 NELSON 88

Jesup Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jesup Mortgages