Judge Dies After Beating; Suspect to ...

Judge Dies After Beating; Suspect to Be Charged With Murder

There are 20 comments on the Legal Intelligencer story from Jul 14, 2007, titled Judge Dies After Beating; Suspect to Be Charged With Murder. In it, Legal Intelligencer reports that:

“He was a very statesmanlike attorney. He made everyone feel like they were his best friend.”

A 74-year-old judge died July 9 from head injuries he suffered during a severe beating two weeks ago at his law office in Jesup, Ga. via Legal Intelligencer

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Legal Intelligencer.

“Shy”

Since: Jul 07

Kingsland, GA

#1 Jul 16, 2007
He was no angel.

Since: Apr 07

BRUNSWICK GA

#2 Jul 17, 2007
shyshy wrote:
He was no angel.
And what does that mean?

“Shy”

Kingsland, GA

#3 Jul 17, 2007
Exactly what it says. Sometimes people bring things on themselves. he and Stribling knew each other and I hope we hear the whole truth from Stribling. His office sent stribling to prison for eight years. maybe he wasn't guilty, who knows.

I pray Stribling stays safe and is able to tell the truth about the death of Thomas

JFT

Atlanta, GA

#4 Jul 22, 2007
shyshy wrote:
Exactly what it says. Sometimes people bring things on themselves. he and Stribling knew each other and I hope we hear the whole truth from Stribling. His office sent stribling to prison for eight years. maybe he wasn't guilty, who knows.
I pray Stribling stays safe and is able to tell the truth about the death of Thomas
I replied to some of your posts in another thread, so please refer to my earlier comments there. As for this comment, I can only say that my father never prosecuted Bobby Rex Stribling personally. Once again, you show that you know very little about what you speak. So BRS may have been sent to prison wrongfully? That is great spin. You can actually look up Bobby's list of convictions on the net. He actually spent the full 8 year term because he had 3 previous probations and 3 probation FAILURES. That means he was arrested and convicted of crimes each time the prison structure allowed him early probation for his crimes. How do I know this? Because my father was hired by BRS's father to present his case to the parole board for potential early parole based on good behavior, after serving over 4 years of the 8 year sentence. The record shows that my father interviewed BRS one time as well as conducting interviews with the prison, after gathering all pertinent information regarding his case. If anything, my father tried to help Stribling but was denied parole due to the 3 previous parole failures.

I only take time to respond to someone like you for the benefit of anyone sane who may be reading your spun hear say.
shyshy

United States

#6 Jul 24, 2007
JFT: If your Father helped Stribling, then why did he kill him? Makes no sense to me. There is more to the story.

I responded to your other posting on the other topic too.

JFT

Atlanta, GA

#7 Jul 25, 2007
shyshy wrote:
JFT: If your Father helped Stribling, then why did he kill him? Makes no sense to me. There is more to the story.
I responded to your other posting on the other topic too.
At first I thought it was a hit job. I thought it had to be more complicated too. Now that I have intimate knowledge of what happened, from the lips of Bobby Stribling, it is shockingly simple. Desperate man, desperate measure. I will leave it at that. I have realized that there is no way I can get inside the head of a career criminal who is now addicted to crack cocaine.
hannah

Fort Stewart, GA

#8 Aug 1, 2007
My regrets and prayers go out to both of the families.
As for shyshy, you are a very cruel and unthoughtful person. From reading your posts it sounds as if you have some resentment for the judge and his family. Were you convicted or something?
And please don't move to Brantley County. We don't need people like you.
don

AOL

#9 Aug 1, 2007
god bless the poor judge and his family .... these bums need to be kept off the streets
Enlightened

Aiken, SC

#10 Nov 21, 2007
If Stribling was a "career criminal," why was Thomas trying to get him paroled?? I understand about "good behavior" and having served 4 of an 8-year sentence. Perhaps Stribling had something on Thomas, which is highly probable.

Jesup is one corrupt city, thanks to a few law/courthouse "officials." I also think some of these "suicides" and "solved" murders need to be re-examined.

Since: Sep 07

Solon, ME

#11 Jan 8, 2008
There is nothing in the newspapers. What is going on with the Stribling Case. Maybe his family can give us a report.
greg

Aiken, SC

#12 Aug 30, 2008
JFT wrote:
<quoted text>
I replied to some of your posts in another thread, so please refer to my earlier comments there. As for this comment, I can only say that my father never prosecuted Bobby Rex Stribling personally. Once again, you show that you know very little about what you speak. So BRS may have been sent to prison wrongfully? That is great spin. You can actually look up Bobby's list of convictions on the net. He actually spent the full 8 year term because he had 3 previous probations and 3 probation FAILURES. That means he was arrested and convicted of crimes each time the prison structure allowed him early probation for his crimes. How do I know this? Because my father was hired by BRS's father to present his case to the parole board for potential early parole based on good behavior, after serving over 4 years of the 8 year sentence. The record shows that my father interviewed BRS one time as well as conducting interviews with the prison, after gathering all pertinent information regarding his case. If anything, my father tried to help Stribling but was denied parole due to the 3 previous parole failures.
I only take time to respond to someone like you for the benefit of anyone sane who may be reading your spun hear say.
T,this is a freind from school.

Sorry about your lose.I was going to talk to you the other day but couldnt find the words.What happened to your father(dad)was a great tragity and I wish that you and your family that GOD will comfort you.
bill

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#13 Oct 7, 2008
Judge dies, Justice Smiles.

“It is what it is”

Since: Aug 08

My business

#14 Oct 8, 2008
christopher to the top!
Matt

Aiken, SC

#15 Nov 3, 2008
I am the son of Rex Stribling. I know little about my father because he spent most of his life in prison and away from my mother and I. I DO believe that he was chemically altered by drugs. My father that I knew was NEVER violent nor aggresive in any way. I am sure he feels completely empty now. I am sorry for what he did and am sure he feels the same.
- Charles Matthew Stribling

“It is what it is”

Since: Aug 08

My business

#16 Nov 4, 2008
Matt wrote:
I am the son of Rex Stribling. I know little about my father because he spent most of his life in prison and away from my mother and I. I DO believe that he was chemically altered by drugs. My father that I knew was NEVER violent nor aggresive in any way. I am sure he feels completely empty now. I am sorry for what he did and am sure he feels the same.
Good Luck to you, but I am sure this family feels completely empty as well without there love one
lea storm

Bellwood, PA

#17 Nov 14, 2008
hannah wrote:
My regrets and prayers go out to both of the families.
As for shyshy, you are a very cruel and unthoughtful person. From reading your posts it sounds as if you have some resentment for the judge and his family. Were you convicted or something?
And please don't move to Brantley County. We don't need people like you.
enough meth heads there already
will smith

Bellwood, PA

#18 Nov 14, 2008
one shoes no job just METH
JFT

Atlanta, GA

#19 Nov 14, 2008
Matt wrote:
Matt, Obviously you lost your father, in a different way, at an early age. I can only imagine what effect that may have had on your life. Some people I have known, who had similar experiences to yours, suffered greatly from not having an active father in their lives. Some reacted to life's stresses with anger. Some I have known never cared or missed a beat. It can go either way. I was very lucky. I was very close to my father. I took him to Maine two weeks prior to the attack to attend the funeral of his first cousin. I thank God for that trip now. It was great time spent together. I saw him often as possible for someone living 250 miles apart. But we didn't often get time alone like that. The pain of his loss has been excruciating for me. As a direct result of his death, my brother took his life last April. I was also very close to him. My life has been forever changed for the worse. My immediate family is still wondering when I will ever get back to being the person I used to be. I don't even realize that I am different until it gets pointed out to me. I have become very introverted and spend a lot of time living inside my head, if that makes any sense. I realize that I am not the first person to lose family tragically. But that doesn't change the effect all this nonsense has had on me. I assume you were raised by a loving mother and are probably close to her. Love her all you can because the world is full of bad people and you never know what life has in store for us. There are all kinds of reasons why people go down paths we wouldn't expect. Not all bad people have always been bad. Most folks get surprised when people they know do terrible things. It is kind of like racism. Kids aren't born racist. It is a learned behavior. Same with criminals. I hope that this sad story serves as a lesson that helps you over the course of your life and isn't something that brings you down. You and you alone have the power to make decisions for yourself. Good luck to you.
aunt

Gaffney, SC

#20 Nov 18, 2008
JFT wrote:
<quoted text>
JFT...please disregard the negative comments on your father..the honorable GLENN THOMAS AND I SAY HONORABLE because he was,I've known him all my life,had not seen him in a few years but was so sad when I heard of this awful crime against him,if there's any negative response on your DAD'S death it's only the one's that broke the law and everyone that really knew him treasured his friendship and will miss him dearly,he was a fine man,hope his SON will be even half the man that GLENN THOMAS was ...so rest in peace Glenn you will be missed...hope for the death sentence for your killer....stay strong JFT.
Witygal

Midville, GA

#21 Nov 20, 2008
You know, I've read all these posts. JRT - I am sooo sorry to hear about your father's tragic end as I am about your brother. Death most hurts the ones we leave behind. I lost my mother 10 years ago and my brother only 7 months after her so to lose two people you love so close together - please know someone else out there feels your pain. Time is the only thing that you need. Just be true to yourself and love those still with you ... and those that you lost will watch over the rest! As for the gentleman who did this terrible act - drugs, no drugs, physc problems, no psyc problems, yada yada... HE still made the decision to do this and frankly, nobody deserves to have their lives taken by the hand of another human being or their wrecklessness. Good kids turn bad, bad kids can get better... its all about choices!! So those of you who want to read more into it and make excuses for Stribling --- there are no excuses ... he ended another human being's life, plain and simple. To Striblin's son who wrote in - Don't let the actions of your father prevent you from becoming a wonderful, hard working human being with plenty of worth! Well those are my thoughts for today - God Bless all of you who are hurting as a result of this senseless crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jesup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ludowici woman denied bond again (Aug '07) Sep 20 kansas 88
Kidnapping in Jesup? (Sep '11) Sep 12 Jason 3
Does anyone know Stephanie Holland young Aug '17 Bob burgers 1
Old gas station on corner of 27 and Myrtle Ave Aug '17 WEEBEDNA 1
Long Counties finest Aug '17 Disgusted 1
Bluebird Cafe Jul '17 Unhappy Customer 1
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) May '17 Stacy in Texas 142

Jesup Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance