Pedestrian struck and killed by Wayne County Deputy, investigation continues

Aug 28, 2009 Full story: WSAV 26

Wayne County Sheriff John Carter says "we had a tragedy here last night." Carter says an accident about 9:30 p.m. Thursday on U.S. 84 near the Wal-Mart in Jesup claimed the life of a 42 year old woman.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jawjuh

Savannah, GA

#1 Aug 28, 2009
No lights, no siren, and probably driving fast. Police investigating Police?
Just a Note

Fitzgerald, GA

#2 Aug 28, 2009
Who else would investigate, ACORN?
I know Ben and the Sheriff No lights and siren not a problem if none emergency response, at least when I was with Feds thats how we did it. Familiar with location the Motel is a known flop house with drug activity. Rooms are by the week mostly. Several people have been injured crossing outside of the crosswalks going to Walmart. Most have been found to be under the influence. Still waiting to hear from _____ negative ignorant remarks.
Just a Note

Savannah, GA

#3 Aug 29, 2009
Familiar with location the Motel is a known flop house with drug activity.
So then its alright to run over someone in front
of a flophouse you are saying, because you know thats where they are coming from or going to?
Justice

Greenville, SC

#4 Aug 29, 2009
I had met this woman who was a know addict, but to be killed in such a way who was NOT paying attention.
I know how the police are in Jesup give um a badge and they are in the right.Needs to be some big changes in jesup. This is really one messed up town the cops are more corrupt than the people.
Lets see how the DA handles this one. After all what are they gonna say she was a addict but she was a Human being with a family.
Just a Note

Fitzgerald, GA

#5 Aug 29, 2009
To Just a Note mini me, You missed point the individual was more than likely not functioning in a rational manner. Hopefully this will be resolved when toxicology report from crime lab arrives. I will not dispute you statement about the badge, I had several guys under me and I called them on the carpet for being Junior G-men. I do feel for her family and friends, they will be asking what could they have done to remove her from the environ she found herself.
apersoninjesup

Savannah, GA

#6 Aug 30, 2009
This woman was a known drug addict and postitute. I feel no remoarse for the woman at all. Yes it sounds hatefull and cruel but when you mess with someones family this is the result that you get. I do however feel bad for her children because they will live out the rest of their lives without their mother. In reality they were living without her anyways. As for her being on drugs when the accident occured. You don't have to wait for the toxicology comes back. She was on drugs. Now had she had been where she was supposed to been then this wouldn't had happened. This woman manipulated and conned people to giving her whatever she wanted. You can only do so much to people before Karma comes in and bites you on the rear end. Well karma came. Yes it is cruel to say and heartless but this is freedom of speech and I am voicing my opinion.
Just a Note

Savannah, GA

#7 Aug 30, 2009
Yes it sounds hatefull and cruel but when you mess with someones family this is the result that you get.
What does that mean mess with someones family? Was your husband using her for prostitution or buying drugs from her?
apersoninjesup

Savannah, GA

#8 Aug 30, 2009
Just a Note wrote:
Yes it sounds hatefull and cruel but when you mess with someones family this is the result that you get.
What does that mean mess with someones family? Was your husband using her for prostitution or buying drugs from her?
Nope just a family member that she just kept draining money from and threating to kill them if they didn't give her what she wanted. That's all there is to say about that. Karma is a bitch.
ripmeoff

United States

#9 Aug 31, 2009
apersoninjesup wrote:
This woman was a known drug addict and postitute. I feel no remoarse for the woman at all. Yes it sounds hatefull and cruel but when you mess with someones family this is the result that you get. I do however feel bad for her children because they will live out the rest of their lives without their mother. In reality they were living without her anyways. As for her being on drugs when the accident occured. You don't have to wait for the toxicology comes back. She was on drugs. Now had she had been where she was supposed to been then this wouldn't had happened. This woman manipulated and conned people to giving her whatever she wanted. You can only do so much to people before Karma comes in and bites you on the rear end. Well karma came. Yes it is cruel to say and heartless but this is freedom of speech and I am voicing my opinion.
Yeah I know what you what mean, that slut ripped me off and many other people I know, Karma is a BITCH she ripped so many people off and looked what happened
apersoninjesup

Savannah, GA

#10 Sep 1, 2009
ripmeoff wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I know what you what mean, that slut ripped me off and many other people I know, Karma is a BITCH she ripped so many people off and looked what happened
Finally someone who agrees with me...
just a note

Savannah, GA

#11 Sep 1, 2009
Police investigating Police? Congress giving themselves pay raises? This was probably investagated for a whole ten minutes,to see if he was speeding without his lights and siren. If anyone else did it besides a cop they would be in jail for a week
apersoninjesup

Savannah, GA

#12 Sep 2, 2009
just a note wrote:
Police investigating Police? Congress giving themselves pay raises? This was probably investagated for a whole ten minutes,to see if he was speeding without his lights and siren. If anyone else did it besides a cop they would be in jail for a week
Yep...
heres my opinion

Savannah, GA

#13 Sep 2, 2009
I want to voice my opinion on this subject. We as Law Enforcement officers face stresses everyday that most people dont want to even think about. Everyone can sit back and arm chair quarter back after something happens. Sometimes we have only seconds and even mili seconds to make decisions. My friend was responding to a call. He did not have on lights and sirens but guess what the truck that was in front of him swerved to miss her also BECAUSE, they could not see her either. Ben had no where to go. If he could take it back he would do it in a heartbeat. The facts are she was crossing in an area that was dimmly lit and not in the cross walk where pedestrians are required to cross the roadway. This had nothing to do with her being a prositute or whatever you want to call her. She was still a person. I hate it for her family and hey lets not for get about the officer he has feelings also. Oh yeah by the way his estimated speed was approximately 50-55 mph in a 45 mph zone. The georgia state patrol investigated the wreck. The trooper that investigated the wreck resides in St. Marys and we dont even know him that well. Ive only met him once or twice.
heres my opinion

Savannah, GA

#14 Sep 2, 2009
I know how the police are in Jesup give um a badge and they are in the right.Needs to be some big changes in jesup. This is really one messed up town the cops are more corrupt than the people.Justice Quote....

OOOOOOOOOh yeah couldn't leave this one alone either. To Mr. Justice. I will open up my life to you sir and any other Agency ie.( FBI,GBI,DEA.) that wants to investigate me. I will take a drug test for you any time any place. All you have to do is ask. I am in no way corrupt. We may have some bad apples but I promise you this I not one of them. You need to produce some evidence or shut up. Sir.
Original Just a Note

Rincon, GA

#15 Sep 3, 2009
speaking of taking a drug test. I work hard, and have to take regular drug tests to work, pay taxes to provide Welfare. I think since I take a test to work people collecting welfare should take a drug test to not work and collect my money. That is Just a side note.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#16 Sep 4, 2009
More criminals with badges.
apersoninjesup

Savannah, GA

#17 Sep 4, 2009
MSO4 wrote:
More criminals with badges.
I just can't help myself... I got to laugh on that one.. That's a good one. I do have to agree with you
Original Just a Note

Rincon, GA

#18 Sep 4, 2009
Viewing most of these Post
More idiots with computers comes to mind!!!!!

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#19 Sep 4, 2009
Original Just a Note wrote:
Viewing most of these Post
More idiots with computers comes to mind!!!!!
Starting with the one who has post #18.

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#20 Sep 4, 2009
apersoninjesup wrote:
<quoted text> I just can't help myself... I got to laugh on that one.. That's a good one. I do have to agree with you
It is so damn true though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jesup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Oct 18 joey88 91
Jesup man accused of robbing, murdering woman a... Oct 2 pjot 1
Jesup man again found guilty of murdering mothe... Oct 2 pjot 1
local business Sep 27 a jesup customer 1
Larry Jenkins getting a retrial? Sep 24 Total Recall 1
arrested in ludowici Sep '14 Anonymous 4
Muslim Compound near Odum? (May '07) Sep '14 Redneck 67
Jesup Dating
Find my Match

Jesup Jobs