Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
It really doesn't matter whether you agree with the findings of scientific research, enough folks do and realize that homosexuality is no more a choice than skin color, hair color, eye color, or left-handedness, and as such falls under equal protection. It is interesting, though not surprizing, to see your true self expressed in these rants, as all the code-words and pretense fall by the wayside to reveal just another ignorant bigoted racist low-life.

I notice you haven't provide a link to support your statement "findings of scientific research."

Reason being, there is scientific proof to say one way or the other of what makes a person homosexual. There is much speculation with biased opinions to say it's by choice, or it's a natural inclination.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh well, times change, people change, societies adapt.
Redefine marriage, so what, since it's not a religious issue how society defines marriage, if society wants to extend equal protection to same sex couples and call it marriage what's to stop it. Looks like one more step towards fulfilling the true potential of America.
This isn't about what dress lengths are appropriate in public or the unfortunate degradation of what is acceptable on television and in our movies. It is redefining the fundamental foundation upon which a society is built. This country was founded on principles and ideals that, while often not met by fallible people or even by the institutions that those same fallible people established, were something to strive towards. An attitude of "anything goes" is hardly the "potential" we should be celebrating.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
AND YOU are such a study in stability. ROTFL
You complain about people posting links to support their statments while YOU just rant and rave and offer nothing more than YOUR HATE FILLED OPINIONS. POT-KETTLE-BLACK
First Law of Thermodynamics: They canít win.
Second Law of Thermodynamics: They canít break even.
Third Law of Thermodynamics: They canít stop playing.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Who wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice you haven't provide a link to support your statement "findings of scientific research."
Reason being, there is scientific proof to say one way or the other of what makes a person homosexual. There is much speculation with biased opinions to say it's by choice, or it's a natural inclination.
Let me "axe" u a question: When did you choose to be straight?

Ur response will probably be something like: I didn't I was born that way.

Let me axe u another question: When do gays choose to be gay?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

General Robert E Lee wrote:
http://www.heritage.org/resear ch/reports/2013/05/the-fiscal- cost-of-unlawful-immigrants-an d-amnesty%20to-the-us-taxpayer
Thanks for the link, that is definitely something to save for future reference. The first section will be especially good whenever IO starts up on his tired rant of "RWW sponging off the govt". We all knew it was garbage, but it is always nice to put hard data out there.

Flag Pond, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Who wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really a joke.
A supreme court decision is not a society decision. Very seldom does court opinion reflect the opinion of society.
That may be true but in this case it does: http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/03/27/1780...
"Two new polls confirm that a significant majority of Americans want the Supreme Court to overturn the Defense of Marriage Act so that same-sex couples can access the federal benefits associated with marriage. In fact, even some voters who oppose marriage equality itself feel that DOMA is bad law.
For example, a new poll from CNN/ORC International shows that 56 percent of Americans believe the federal government should recognize any same-sex marriage that is legal in the states, while 43 percent disagree. This is three points higher than CNNís poll released last week, which found that 53 percent support marriage equality and 44 percent oppose it.
A similar poll from CBS News found an even more favorable result: 60 percent believe believe the federal government should recognize same-sex marriage while only 35 percent disagree. Nevertheless, CBS polling also found that 53 percent support full marriage equality and 39 percent oppose it. Only 36 percent believe having same-sex relations between consenting adults is wrong.
As the oral arguments wrap up today, itís clear that an overwhelming number of Americans appreciate that denying married same-sex couples federal benefits just isnít fair."
Your narrow worldview is becoming increasingly unpopular. I appreciate your frustration and fear and that of like minded folks. You probably feel that your world is crumbling around you, soooo sad. The reality though is that you are losing and will continue to lose. I say good riddance to that narrow worldview it's just tough that y'all don't like it. There are many more folks who think that society is better off for the repeal of DOMA than don't. Same sex marriage - coming to your town next and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Old man Hoffa made the news this week. You must have finally told the authorities where you and your thug buddies hid the body. rotfl
How can you misjudge me so ?

My heart aches with disappointment.

Even worse, how can you believe my union friends would be so obtuse as to leave a body around to be found.

Thanks to the absence of regulations and inspections,'Ol Jimmy became part of 11,793 packages of "pressed chicken" manufactured in E. St. Louis,(along with 3 large field rats, a copy of the April, 1975 Playboy magazine, and the thumb of a 53 year old factory worker named "Hugh")

I'm told that the "Pressed Chicken" tasted especially like actual chicken that year.

Unfortunately, I was overseas loitering in bars and checking for "Adam's apples" on the ladies I encountered when Jimmy disappeared, or I would have been there to help him out.

Who knows, had I been there, maybe the pressed chicken would have been even tastier, and that batch would have made 11,926 packages.

billy bob

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
It still comes down to redefining marriage. Regardless of what various religions may say, it is society that defines marriage. I am not arguing from a religious standpoint in any way. Various societies have recognized pluralistic marriages, but that typically included one man and one or more women. The vital components still required a man and a woman. Redefining marriage to include same sex couples is a fundamental reconstruction of the institution that leaves it open to redefinition after redefinition. It is a dangerous precedent that will have consequences that will be detrimental to our society and to the institution of marriage itself - in my opinion. Marriage is of vital importance to society and to call same sex unions "marriage" is to ignore that fundamental fact.
It is irrelevant if homosexuality is biological or not, it has no bearing on what marriage is or is not.
Just curious, in what way does gay marriage actually affect YOU?

Do you really think that all heterosexual married couples have the same idea of what marriage is, or is not?

You do realize that marriage is on the decline in this country and has been for a long time, you do know that, don't you??

Or are you just trying to force your views on others again? Its a free country, right? Or is it only a free country when it matches with what you think?

Now tell the truth, or just baffle me with more BS.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>Oh well, times change, people change, societies adapt.

Redefine marriage, so what, since it's not a religious issue how society defines marriage, if society wants to extend equal protection to same sex couples and call it marriage what's to stop it. Looks like one more step towards fulfilling the true potential of America.
It's time to call upon our love of our fellow man, and woman, and solve this dilemma.

Jimmy Swaggart Tells Congregation he'd Kill Gays

"I get amazed, I can't look at it but about 10 seconds, at these politicians dancing around this, dancing around this, I'm trying to find a correct name for it, this utter absolute, asinine, idiotic stupidity of men marrying men." (shouts from crowd)

"I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry." (shouts, applause) "And I'm gonna be blunt and plain, if one ever looks at me like that I'm gonna kill him and tell God he died." (laughter, applause) "In case anybody doesn't know, God calls it an abomnation (sic). It's an abomnation (sic)! It's an abomnation (sic)!" (applause)

Thank you Jimmy.

Your example as a Right Wing Wacko Christian Taliban Bible Thumper demonstrates to all America how gay marriage is simply a "shiny object" to fascinate our RWW friends, as their incomes, assets, educations, and quality if life continue to spiral downward.
billy bob

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
AND YOU are such a study in stability. ROTFL
You complain about people posting links to support their statments while YOU just rant and rave and offer nothing more than YOUR HATE FILLED OPINIONS. POT-KETTLE-BLACK
Why don't you stop calling people names for disagreeing with you and past a fact showing that they are really wrong for a mains stream news source for a change.
You can find a web site on the world wide web to support any statement, true on not, makes no difference. Have allies visited earth, sure they have. Who do you think built the pyramids of Egypt & Mexico?

http://www.universetoday.com/16017/apollo-ast...

Is Obama a Muslim, a lot of people think so, it's on the internet or they saw it on TV. They even claim that he admitted it on TV, did he really, of course not.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslimfa...

I am sure you are a nice person and don't beat your pets. But outlandish rants backed up by off the wall web sites built just for you just doesn't get it. You have NO creditability, none.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Dammit man, looks like the "bored monitor" just stepped out of the closet. That's okay bm, I am not a homophobe.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
First Law of Thermodynamics: They canít win.
Second Law of Thermodynamics: They canít break even.
Third Law of Thermodynamics: They canít stop playing.
lol You nailed it, General.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you misjudge me so ?
My heart aches with disappointment.
Even worse, how can you believe my union friends would be so obtuse as to leave a body around to be found.
Thanks to the absence of regulations and inspections,'Ol Jimmy became part of 11,793 packages of "pressed chicken" manufactured in E. St. Louis,(along with 3 large field rats, a copy of the April, 1975 Playboy magazine, and the thumb of a 53 year old factory worker named "Hugh")
I'm told that the "Pressed Chicken" tasted especially like actual chicken that year.
Unfortunately, I was overseas loitering in bars and checking for "Adam's apples" on the ladies I encountered when Jimmy disappeared, or I would have been there to help him out.
Who knows, had I been there, maybe the pressed chicken would have been even tastier, and that batch would have made 11,926 packages.
lol Great reply. To be honest, I DIDN'T think you would leave a body that could be so EASILY found! Fortunately for me, I didn't start eating chicken until a few years ago. Whew! Just thinking.....if I had consumed some of the "Hoffa" chicken, would that have forced me into the membership of the Teamsters????
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say this about what "oh,my" said about gays being born that way, I have read about and seen(tv) many examples of homosexuality in the animal kingdom. And I am not talking about a young male dog trying to hump another one. What does it all mean? I have no clue. As far as gay marriage- it is a non-issue with me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

billy bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you stop calling people names for disagreeing with you and past a fact showing that they are really wrong for a mains stream news source for a change.
You can find a web site on the world wide web to support any statement, true on not, makes no difference. Have allies visited earth, sure they have. Who do you think built the pyramids of Egypt & Mexico?
Is Obama a Muslim, a lot of people think so, it's on the internet or they saw it on TV. They even claim that he admitted it on TV, did he really, of course not.
I am sure you are a nice person and don't beat your pets. But outlandish rants backed up by off the wall web sites built just for you just doesn't get it. You have NO creditability, none.
Your first sentence is the absolutel definition of your posts. The fact that you deny it just proves how insane you are. If you call CNN, Huffinton Post, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, etc. off the wall, then you are just trying to make YOURSELF feel better for being so out of touch with reality.

Flag Pond, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

billy bob wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't take long to figure out the "green squared" ones does it? They think that their "green square" proves that they are a cut above but all it really proves is their propensity for group think. They are incapable of independent thought. They need a badge to help boost their self esteem and identify themselves to the like minded. They are part of the ever shrinking minority of a warped existence that can only see as far as their pinched belief system can bare. A pitiful lot to say the least, but very funny in their incessant whining about an ever changing world that they thought they had control of but have found it slipping ever further from their understanding.
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
This isn't about what dress lengths are appropriate in public or the unfortunate degradation of what is acceptable on television and in our movies. It is redefining the fundamental foundation upon which a society is built. This country was founded on principles and ideals that, while often not met by fallible people or even by the institutions that those same fallible people established, were something to strive towards. An attitude of "anything goes" is hardly the "potential" we should be celebrating.
Nope, never said anything goes, nice try though. What I did say is that homosexuality is coming from Nature and as such it falls under equal protrection. Don't agree, so what, you're fast becoming a minority.

"fundamental foundation upon which a society is built"
Oh really, says who, you. There's been, common law, livin' together, adhoc arrangements since the beginning of time. People decide for themselves what's best for themselves at any given time. There was a time when inter-racial marriage was forbidden, not any more, why, cause there's no damn reason to forbid it.

The attitude of the country has changed, change with it, or stay the same, it don't matter to me, time and demographics are against you.
Who

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me axe u a ?.
When did you decide you are gay?
Let me axe u another ?.
If you are not gay, why do you huff up and show support for gays?
You very ever ever or seldom if never, post any opinions here, why now?

Don't be ashamed if you are gay, the supremes now say you can get married. You are free to come out of the closet.

But most important of all, I will not change my mind about gays.
You dont like what I say, just skip over it.

Who

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be true but in this case it does: http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/03/27/1780...
"Two new polls confirm that a significant majority of Americans want the Supreme Court to overturn the Defense of Marriage Act so that same-sex couples can access the federal benefits associated with marriage.
Another case of a liar who misinterprets a poll result to further their agenda of being a gay person.

Here was the question that you specifically failed to include.
"As you may know, several states legally recognize marriages between gay or lesbian couples.
Regardless of how you feel about the laws in those states, do you think the federal government
should or should not
legally recognize the same sex marriages that have been performed in states that allow them?

The question is geared only to reflect the respondents feeling whether or not the federal government should recognize gay marriages in only those states that have legalized it whcih is not what you have implied.
You knee jerk libroids will tell any lie, twist any truth, and sell your children to try and make people believe your BS.

Here's the link of the poll. And I dont believe polls by CNN are trustworthy, mainly because their intent to confuse and misdirect.

Page 4 gives the breakdown.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/03/2...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jesup Discussions

Search the Jesup Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Ludowici Politics (Dec '11) Jul 15 Long County TRUTH 27
Ludowici reinstates police chief Jun '14 oh okay 2
New to Area Jun '14 weavinggoddess 3
Bobby England (Feb '13) May '14 abc 4
Ludowici officer faces 5 charges (Jan '12) May '14 Kaci Govero 25
Muslim Compound near Odum? (May '07) May '14 downsouth 63
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jesup Jobs

•••