Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
danger zone

Conyers, GA

#16665 Jun 27, 2013
While Obama focuses on climate change.

http://www.infrastructurereportcard.org/a/#p/...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#16666 Jun 27, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Are you cryin? LoL.
For this country.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#16667 Jun 27, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
The IRS‘ auditor told Congress this week that it stands by its determination that conservative groups were uniquely singled out for special scrutiny by the tax agency, rebutting Democrats’ contention that liberal groups also were targeted.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
But wait, from the last paragraph...

"Rep. Sander M. Levin of Michigan, ranking Democrat on the House Ways and Means Committee, said Mr. George’s latest statement contradicts the auditor’s earlier findings."

Don't touch that dial...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#16668 Jun 27, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Now we know that you're wrong.
You're post would imply that 2007 actually occurred, when we all know that on Right Wing Wacko Planet there is no such thing as history.
Since 2007 never occurred, Gonzales' crimes and refusal to testify honestly about turning the Attorney General's office into a political machine, cannot be considered.
Glad I could help you understand.
At least he didn't plead the Fifth,
that would've PROVEN his guilt.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#16669 Jun 27, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Except that the "someone agreeing with our position" is the Inspector General who led the study - I would say that Mr George has a whole lot more credibility than just another Daily Kos contributer.
And you just keep living in your little leftie dreamworld that believes that nobody cares about a bureaucratic Goliath harassing and intimidating American citizens who are doing nothing more than exercising their 1st Amendment rights.
You are such a joke...

"more credibility than just another Daily Kos contributer"
Let's see, here's the link to the original article:

WED JUN 26, 2013 AT 11:58 AM PDT
Here's how Darrell Issa manufactured the IRS 'scandal'
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/26/1219...

At this article we will find this information:

The Treasury inspector general (IG) whose report helped drive the IRS targeting controversy says it limited its examination to conservative groups because of a request from House Republicans.
A spokesman for Russell George, Treasury’s inspector general for tax administration, said they were asked by House Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.)“to narrowly focus on Tea Party organizations.”

The source of which is clearly referenced as:

IG: Audit of IRS actions limited to Tea Party groups at GOP request
By Bernie Becker - 06/25/13 08:11 PM ET
http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/domesti...

Which is not "just another Daily Kos contributer"

So, we've got Issa releasing partial transcripts (chery picking), and we've got Issa requesting a narrowly focused investigation (more cherry picking).

And I've got to wonder if you even read the Washington Times article because the last paragraph calls the IGs latest comments into question.

Frankly, all of these groups should receive intense scrutiny cause they're seeking this status in order to shield the identity of their donors. They should be asked to produce what materials they make available, what speeches they made, document their activities in detail, and the 100 other piddling questions.
danger zone

Conyers, GA

#16670 Jun 27, 2013
A few sentences from a letter to Sec. US State Dept, John Kerry, from Daryl Issa. Just two days ago...

I respect the witness's interest in preparing to answer the committee's questions; however, I am concerned that waiting weeks or months while the Dept. prepares witnesses to be interviewed risks that their testimony will have been rehearsed or coached. It does not require weeks of preparation to answer truthfully.

Benghazi isn't going away... DON'T touch that dial.
OMTE

Millbrook, AL

#16671 Jun 27, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
For this country.
Me too.:'(

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#16672 Jun 27, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a joke...
I'm wondering if anyone else sees the irony of this post, from this poster, calling Aggie a "joke".

Typical of the clueless and uneducated.

Maybe that will be a 3 pointer...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#16673 Jun 27, 2013
danger zone wrote:
How Should the Stimulus Have Been Different?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/oral-...

"I certainly did not count on the kind of opposition that would come to more stimulus."
Christina Romer, Chair, Council of Economic Advisers (2009-10)

Two parts of it that other people complain about now: We talked to Professor [Joseph] Stiglitz a week ago, he being one of them [who was] saying that the numbers were not big enough, or maybe they were big enough, but they needed to be built in so that it would happen for two or three years in a row that you didn't have to go back to the trough, because the political reality was that you were never going to be able to go back. Was there a mistake made on that level?

I think perhaps. I mean, a natural way that an economist approaches a problem is to say, here's where I think the economy is going; this is what we need to deal with the problem. And if we're wrong, if it turns out the economy is headed in a much worse direction than we thought, then you'll go back to Congress, and you'll get another shot of aid for the economy.

And that, in an ideal world, has got to be the sensible way to do it, to say, let me make my best guess. Let's do what we think is right now, and if it's not enough or if it's too much, we can reoptimize.

And I certainly did not count on the kind of opposition that would come to more stimulus. I think that the usual presumption is, if you go to Congress, they're always happy to pass a tax cut or to pass more infrastructure and things. So that had certainly been the norm.

So this idea that we all should have known that we only got one shot, that certainly isn't what's been true in history. I mean, it is the case that that was very much the problem here, that when you go back and you say, "Well, what we did with the Recovery Act was good. It was helpful. It helped to turn the economy around, and it turned out the situation was worse than we thought it was, so we need more," Congress says: "Forget it. Obviously the fiscal stimulus didn't work; that's why you're coming back. So you can't have more." And that is deeply unfortunate.

Pelham, TN

#16674 Jun 27, 2013
"Frankly, all of these groups should receive intense scrutiny cause they're seeking this status in order to shield the identity of their donors. They should be asked to produce what materials they make available, what speeches they made, document their activities in detail, and the 100 other piddling questions."-'Oh my'
Damn straight. Tax exempt for "charity"? ROFLMFAO
They are political by nature…..AND everybody knows it.
The RW fundies can't win for losing. Their Obama which hunt has failed and they won't get to see a public hanging, aaawww so sad. DOMA is unconstitutional and they can't do a thing about it, aaawww so sad. Poooorrrrrr fundies their world is crumbling around them and all they have is their hate filled tantrums to pacify their troubled souls, aaaawwww so sad…….
Me, I'm laughing my a** off.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#16675 Jun 27, 2013
Oh my wrote:
Who coulda imagined....
WED JUN 26, 2013 AT 01:30 PM PDT
Here's how Darrell Issa manufactured the IRS 'scandal'
by Jed Lewison
On Monday, we learned that the IRS didn't single out tea party groups after all. Instead, they were looking for political groups, including not just tea party groups, but progressive groups as well. They may have used a flawed method for flagging the groups, but the IRS's intent was clear: to identify political groups that were not legally entitled to receive the tax-exempt benefit they sought to receive.
That pretty much brought the IRS "scandal" to a screeching halt. In the hours following the revelation, Darrell Issa's Twitter feed suddenly started spamming tweets about Benghazi. "Change the subject, quickly!" he seemed to be saying.
But there's still a question to be answered. If the IRS was targeting political groups from across the ideological spectrum, where did the original narrative about tea party targeting come from? The answer makes Darrell Issa and his fellow House Republicans look even worse than they did on Monday:
The Treasury inspector general (IG) whose report helped drive the IRS targeting controversy says it limited its examination to conservative groups because of a request from House Republicans.
A spokesman for Russell George, Treasury’s inspector general for tax administration, said they were asked by House Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.)“to narrowly focus on Tea Party organizations.”
Obviously, if Issa wanted a comprehensive investigation, he should have asked for a review of all politically oriented scrutiny. Instead, he asked for exclusive focus on tea party and conservative groups. Under the most charitable interpretation of this, it never occurred to Darrell Issa that anyone other than the tea party groups could have been targeted. If that's true, it suggests he just doesn't care about whether the IRS "targets" anyone other than his political allies.
But I think the most likely explanation here is that Issa was simply trying to cook up a scandal, even though it did nothing to address the genuine problems with the way campaign finance and tax laws are written. He probably figured that in the best case scenario, he'd be able to get away with his fraud. And in the worst case scenario, he'd get a slap on the wrist from a few reporters, but endless approval from his political supporters....
Your so easily fooled. The truth came out yesterday that the liberal groups that were targeted was a lie. Just another ploy to make the public believe that nothing was done illegally. When nothing else works, just lie.

Douglasville, GA

#16676 Jun 27, 2013
Anyone besides me notice that the NSA-Snowden media story has become really quiet. Anything that makes Obama look weak or shows him in a bad light is suddenly placed out of sight, so therefore out of mind.
It is a shame that President Obama has so little respect in the world that all these so called countries he said that are working with us, are giving him the finger.
danger zone

Atlanta, GA

#16677 Jun 27, 2013
There's ONLY a zillion links arguing whether the Recovery Act provided economic stimulus or why it FAILED. Here's just one from Obama's Chicago.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-06-30...
danger zone

Atlanta, GA

#16678 Jun 27, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your so easily fooled. The truth came out yesterday that the liberal groups that were targeted was a lie. Just another ploy to make the public believe that nothing was done illegally. When nothing else works, just lie.
And....Jed Lewison is a contributing editor for dailykos.

Douglasville, GA

#16679 Jun 27, 2013
danger zone wrote:
There's ONLY a zillion links arguing whether the Recovery Act provided economic stimulus or why it FAILED. Here's just one from Obama's Chicago.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-06-30...
Interesting article. I am just curious and want to know where did all the money really go?
No sense in moving your money off shore. Just ask the people that handled all that stimulus money how they managed to move and hide all that money.
danger zone

Atlanta, GA

#16680 Jun 27, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
Anyone besides me notice that the NSA-Snowden media story has become really quiet. Anything that makes Obama look weak or shows him in a bad light is suddenly placed out of sight, so therefore out of mind.
It is a shame that President Obama has so little respect in the world that all these so called countries he said that are working with us, are giving him the finger.
Putin made it clear he wouldn't bow to Obama, then Obama gave some stupid explanation on why he "wouldn't scramble jets" to Moscow.... I mean, scrambling jets for a NSA whistleblower after failing to scramble jets to our US embassy while under attack, would look rather foolish. Putin wouldn't have handed Snowden over, anyway.... Yes, China & Russia have given Obama the finger & the SHAFT.

Douglasville, GA

#16681 Jun 27, 2013
Just another high tech device to track your movements and whereabouts.
My advice to all you people out there having secret love affairs. Start walking and leave your cell phones at home.

http://cironline.org/reports/license-plate-re...
Informed Opinion

United States

#16682 Jun 27, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>At least he didn't plead the Fifth,
that would've PROVEN his guilt.
He just proved that he's either a complete idiot, mentally damaged, or just a huge liar to claim on the record that he is incapable of recalling his own life.

Wait ....

He's a Right Wing Wacko so we know its probably all three.
Informed Opinion

United States

#16683 Jun 27, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>How Should the Stimulus Have Been Different?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/oral-...

"I certainly did not count on the kind of opposition that would come to more stimulus."
Christina Romer, Chair, Council of Economic Advisers (2009-10)

Two parts of it that other people complain about now: We talked to Professor [Joseph] Stiglitz a week ago, he being one of them [who was] saying that the numbers were not big enough, or maybe they were big enough, but they needed to be built in so that it would happen for two or three years in a row that you didn't have to go back to the trough, because the political reality was that you were never going to be able to go back. Was there a mistake made on that level?

I think perhaps. I mean, a natural way that an economist approaches a problem is to say, here's where I think the economy is going; this is what we need to deal with the problem. And if we're wrong, if it turns out the economy is headed in a much worse direction than we thought, then you'll go back to Congress, and you'll get another shot of aid for the economy.

And that, in an ideal world, has got to be the sensible way to do it, to say, let me make my best guess. Let's do what we think is right now, and if it's not enough or if it's too much, we can reoptimize.

And I certainly did not count on the kind of opposition that would come to more stimulus. I think that the usual presumption is, if you go to Congress, they're always happy to pass a tax cut or to pass more infrastructure and things. So that had certainly been the norm.

So this idea that we all should have known that we only got one shot, that certainly isn't what's been true in history. I mean, it is the case that that was very much the problem here, that when you go back and you say, "Well, what we did with the Recovery Act was good. It was helpful. It helped to turn the economy around, and it turned out the situation was worse than we thought it was, so we need more," Congress says: "Forget it. Obviously the fiscal stimulus didn't work; that's why you're coming back. So you can't have more." And that is deeply unfortunate.
That damn stimulus.... when Right Wing Wackos weren't busy slurping up and demanding more of that money..... they opposed that thing.

Douglasville, GA

#16684 Jun 27, 2013
danger zone wrote:
A few sentences from a letter to Sec. US State Dept, John Kerry, from Daryl Issa. Just two days ago...
I respect the witness's interest in preparing to answer the committee's questions; however, I am concerned that waiting weeks or months while the Dept. prepares witnesses to be interviewed risks that their testimony will have been rehearsed or coached. It does not require weeks of preparation to answer truthfully.
Benghazi isn't going away... DON'T touch that dial.
Benghazi may not be going away, but either are the lies from this administration.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jesup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Tue Also friend of fa... 104
News Wayne deputy who shot armed man Tuesday had 13 ... Aug 8 Ragan 1
Lonnie's Auto Repair (Jul '14) Jul '15 Anonymous 2
Buy Georgia White Dirt (Jan '13) Jul '15 Dirt lady 9
McDonalds in Ludowici (Apr '06) Jun '15 Jerry Jones 16
Shelly and buddy dean Jun '15 clean 1
Carters Bite Jun '15 happy gilmore 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jesup Mortgages