Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#12246 May 19, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Post. It tells it like it is.
Some of these right wing whackos would do well to actually consider what you're talking about here.
Oh! And you loonie liberal socialist commie lunatics don't need to check YOURSELVES? THAT is why you'll NEVER convince anyone else that you have the best interests of this country at heart. You aren't to be trusted because you are "right fighters." Nothing else matters to you but "winning'.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#12247 May 19, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amusing to hear how in a country that is 80% of the population, 89% of the Supreme Court, and 87% of Congress are "Christian", to hear how afraid Right Wingers are they're being "persecuted".
With those super, super majorities, I'd be embarrassed to claim I was getting my butt - it'd make me look like my God really wasn't on my side.
Those percentages do not matter. The poster was referring to what is not ALLOWED. YOU should be embarrassed because you libs CLAIM(although you are clearly a HYPOCRITE) to be so compassionate. Heck! You are ALL hypocrites. If you are the face of compassion, we are definitely in touble.
Informed Opinion

North Fort Myers, FL

#12248 May 19, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>WOW, this explains a LOT. Out of sheer curiosity, if you could be dictator for a day, what 3 changes would you make to this country- in any area you choose.
That isn't all that tough.

All countries do best when they enjoy a strong and growing Middle Class.

A string and growing Middle Class requires governmental policies that encourage the distribution of wealth throughout the populace.

That is accomplished by tax policies that discourage the outrageous accumulation of wealth into the hands of a few - Progressive taxes on all income and inheritance taxes, strong laws encouraging collective bargaining, and well-funded public education.

Democracy cannot survive if power is purchased by those with the most wealth. That means contributions (a/k/a bribes), have to be limited to small donations from Americans,(persons), not corporations, unions, PACs, or other entities.

Democracy requires everyone share responsibility and sacrifice. That means everyone serves 2 years military service unless they're disabled, in which case they serve 3 years public no military service.

Basically we're describing America under Republicans like Eisenhower and Teddy Roosevelt.
Informed Opinion

North Fort Myers, FL

#12249 May 19, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Those percentages do not matter. The poster was referring to what is not ALLOWED. YOU should be embarrassed because you libs CLAIM(although you are clearly a HYPOCRITE) to be so compassionate. Heck! You are ALL hypocrites. If you are the face of compassion, we are definitely in touble.
Your government provided Thorazine prescription needs to be doubled.

That post cannot make sense to even you.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#12250 May 19, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't all that tough.
....[Your points have been repeated below.]
Going in reverse order:
IO -"Democracy requires everyone share responsibility and sacrifice. That means everyone serves 2 years military service unless they're disabled, in which case they serve 3 years public no military service."

So basically, the Israeli model - I admit, I have wondered in the past if that might not be a very good thing. But I am not ready to take such a drastic step. While I think it would be good for all kids after leaving high school to have a two year military stint, I just have an aversion to mandatory service. But I might should think about that more seriously.
==========

IO-"Democracy cannot survive if power is purchased by those with the most wealth. That means contributions (a/k/a bribes), have to be limited to small donations from Americans,(persons), not corporations, unions, PACs, or other entities."

I have no problem with this at all, but it would be difficult to control (just remember Al Gore and the Buddhist nuns). But just because something is difficult doesn't mean it isn't worth striving for. But it would have to include all those you mentioned. While I am sure you have the greater problem with corporations, I have a much bigger loathing for the unions. But the idea of only individual citizens being able to contribute would make politicians be more responsive to John Q Public, which is as it was intended. And there should also be a limit on how much personal money candidates could contribute to their own campaigns - thus keeping someone wealthy from virtually "buying" an office.

==========
IO-"A string and growing Middle Class requires governmental policies that encourage the distribution of wealth throughout the populace.
That is accomplished by tax policies that discourage the outrageous accumulation of wealth into the hands of a few - Progressive taxes on all income and inheritance taxes, strong laws encouraging collective bargaining, and well-funded public education."

Here we part ways completely. I absolutely agree that a strong and vibrant Middle Class is vital to the strength of this country, but I would argue that it is a heavy handed government with too many intrusive policies that have led to the shrinking of the Middle Class. Why should people who have worked hard to better themselves and their lives be punished by having more and more of that hard earned money taken away - that is a clear disincentive to work hard. And why should those same people who have worked hard not be able to hand that down to their children. Inheritance taxes have made it virtually impossible for children to keep family farms that have been in their families for generations. Why shouldn't someone be able to pass down a family business without jumping through piles of paperwork (and expense) to make it possible.
While I will never argue that unions were needed at one time, that time has passed. Now it is the unions who abuse their power for selfish gain and none more so than public employee unions. Our public schools are a disaster and pumping more money into them is not the answer. The teachers unions must be dissolved. They have become nothing more than a protection racket for incompetent and sometimes criminal teachers. As I mentioned earlier, New York City alone spends $22 million to warehouse teachers that cannot be allowed back in the classroom because of reported abuse/impropriety/ or ineffectiveness. Let the tax money follow the child, not the child follow the tax money to the local public school. Give the parents control of that money to be given to whatever school they wish to enroll their child in - public, private, charter, magnet, whatever. Parents have the ultimate interest in their child receiving a good education - let the schools compete for that tax money.

Your turn.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12251 May 19, 2013
Laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you taken out the garbage yet? I think I hear your wife calling.
Nope, I think you hear your wife telling you to plunge the toilet after your latest output...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12252 May 19, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a shame most of you on the Left can't see past your nose and recognize what most of us consider the more troubling aspects of both Benghazi and the IRS scandal.
Benghazi - The questions about the lack of security and even the reduction in security were enough to justify inquiry, but what makes no sense at all is the REASON for all those misleading changes to the talking points - why was the State Dept (and whomever else was involved) so in knots about parsing every word in the talking points and why continue the fiction about a video that they knew was fiction.
It isn't so much they made all the changes and continued to blame a video - it is WHY they did those things that on their face are so STUPID.
And do you really not want to know WHO told military support to stand down, when they were ready to go and help Americans in danger and were just begging for permission? I think you would feel differently if it were one of your family members who were seemingly abandoned.
(and no, I don't think it was Obama, I just want to know who it was and once again, WHY?)
The IRS - HOW can you not see the danger when a government entity with the absolute power the IRS wields goes after organizations that "it" (meaning those in positions of power) disagrees with. And even more frightening - having as one of the criteria for "extra scrutiny" the simple phrase "criticize the government". Do you really care so little about the 1st Amendment?
I do not believe, and the evidence supports that belief , that this was just low level employees. The IG report states DC supervisor involvement as well as involvement of IRS personnel in California, not just Ohio. But even if it were "just" low level employees, don't you think it should bother you that they felt they could get away with harassing organizations simply because THEY disagreed with them? It should.
+1

"It is a shame most of you on the Left can't see past your nose and recognize what most of us consider the more troubling aspects of both Benghazi and the IRS scandal."

That's why they're the clueless and uneducated. They don't know, and, in many cases, don't care.
Danger Zone

Atlanta, GA

#12253 May 19, 2013
An interesting article about death tax & family farms.

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/12/25030-coming-...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12254 May 19, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Please.
Keep pretending Right Wingers give a damn about our troops.
What a crock.
...
The Straw Man strikes again!

So, all right wingers don't care about our troops? What a crock.

And the Liberaces do? What a crock.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12255 May 19, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Going in reverse order:
IO -"Democracy requires everyone share responsibility and sacrifice. That means everyone serves 2 years military service unless they're disabled, in which case they serve 3 years public no military service."
So basically, the Israeli model - I admit, I have wondered in the past if that might not be a very good thing. But I am not ready to take such a drastic step. While I think it would be good for all kids after leaving high school to have a two year military stint, I just have an aversion to mandatory service. But I might should think about that more seriously.
==========
IO-"Democracy cannot survive if power is purchased by those with the most wealth. That means contributions (a/k/a bribes), have to be limited to small donations from Americans,(persons), not corporations, unions, PACs, or other entities."
I have no problem with this at all, but it would be difficult to control (just remember Al Gore and the Buddhist nuns). But just because something is difficult doesn't mean it isn't worth striving for. But it would have to include all those you mentioned. While I am sure you have the greater problem with corporations, I have a much bigger loathing for the unions. But the idea of only individual citizens being able to contribute would make politicians be more responsive to John Q Public, which is as it was intended. And there should also be a limit on how much personal money candidates could contribute to their own campaigns - thus keeping someone wealthy from virtually "buying" an office.
==========
IO-"A string and growing Middle Class requires governmental policies that encourage the distribution of wealth throughout the populace.
That is accomplished by tax policies that discourage the outrageous accumulation of wealth into the hands of a few - Progressive taxes on all income and inheritance taxes, strong laws encouraging collective bargaining, and well-funded public education."
Here we part ways completely. I absolutely agree that a strong and vibrant Middle Class is vital to the strength of this country, but I would argue that it is a heavy handed government with too many intrusive policies that have led to the shrinking of the Middle Class. Why should people who have worked hard to better themselves and their lives be punished by having more and more of that hard earned money taken away - that is a clear disincentive to work hard. And why should those same people who have worked hard not be able to hand that down to their children. Inheritance taxes have made it virtually impossible for children to keep family farms that have been in their families for generations. Why shouldn't someone be able to pass down a family business without jumping through piles of paperwork (and expense) to make it possible.
While I will never argue that unions were needed at one time, that time has passed. Now it is the unions who abuse their power for selfish gain and none more so than public employee unions. Our public schools are a disaster and pumping more money into them is not the answer. The teachers unions must be dissolved. They have become nothing more than a protection racket for incompetent and sometimes criminal teachers. As I mentioned earlier, New York City alone spends $22 million to warehouse teachers that cannot be allowed back in the classroom because of reported abuse/impropriety/ or ineffectiveness. Let the tax money follow the child, not the child follow the tax money to the local public school. Give the parents control of that money to be given to whatever school they wish to enroll their child in - public, private, charter, magnet, whatever. Parents have the ultimate interest in their child receiving a good education - let the schools compete for that tax money.
Your turn.
+1 +1 +1

One of the very finest posts in this thread!

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Waters Creek, GA

#12256 May 19, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
+1
"It is a shame most of you on the Left can't see past your nose and recognize what most of us consider the more troubling aspects of both Benghazi and the IRS scandal."
That's why they're the clueless and uneducated. They don't know, and, in many cases, don't care.
Their problem is that the LWLD's have no idea of what they want. Progressive taxes? Hell, it don't get more progressive than Fairtax.org .
Informed Opinion

Portland, OR

#12257 May 19, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
The Straw Man strikes again!
So, all right wingers don't care about our troops? What a crock.
And the Liberaces do? What a crock.
5,000 American troops dead for no reason except the lies and corruption of the Bush Gang of Right Wing Wacko criminals - it was Yaaaaawwwnnn.
60 people killed at 13 attacks against embassies and consulates when Right Wing Wackos in charge and Yaaaaaawnn some more.
Yea, Right Wing Wackos care so much they almost did something when the body bags were filled.
Wait... they did... they complained they might be taxed to support the war they loved so much.
Spare us - you all lost any credibility to complain when your didn't demand any investigations into the dead troops, but now you're all sooooo excited.

Hey, prove me wrong ... show me the posts where you demanded investigations into the lies that got us into Iraq, and the attacks on the embassies and consulates when the Right Wing Wackos were in charge.
Danger Zone

Atlanta, GA

#12258 May 19, 2013
The death tax hike is so unfair, it's outrageous. Thank the democrats.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#12259 May 19, 2013
columbus native wrote:
<quoted text>Well this poor creature has cooked brains so you can expect the most outlandish comments. I don't know why he is so Obtuse?
There's something wrong with that Bored boy. Seriously. Bad wiring.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#12260 May 19, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
clueless and uneducated
Everybody take a shot! Bourbon this time!

At this point I think he's just trying to get us wasted.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12261 May 19, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
...
Hey, prove me wrong ... show me the posts where you demanded investigations into the lies that got us into Iraq, and the attacks on the embassies and consulates when the Right Wing Wackos were in charge.
The Straw Man King strikes yet again...

So I would have posts showing I demanded something? Where? On Topix? Prove I didn't do something.

Your lack of logic is only surpassed by...oh, heck, it's not even worth it...
Informed Opinion

Portland, OR

#12262 May 19, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Going in reverse order:
I
==========
nschools compete for that tax money.
Your turn.
As to mandatory public service- We already have mandatory public service, but it's only mandatory for Americans from families without other options. It should be mandatory for All Americans. We wouldn't be wasting Trillions of dollars and thousands of our troops if the "elite"s children might be forced to risk being blown to bits in the sand of Iraq along with the poor kid from rural Georgia, or the Bronx.

As to unions - With the destruction of unions and the resulting drop in tax affected wages, the loss of benefits, the loss of pensions, the drop in home ownership, and all the other indicia of the destruction of the middle class,
along with
the incredible increase in productivity of the American worker that has caused the explosion in profits, the astounding amounts of cash held in reserve onshore and off shore, and the explosion in executive compensation,
and it seems impossible to me to argue that unions aren't essential to maintain the balance between capital and labor.

If the facts aren't sufficient, then simple common sense tells you that the Georgia giy with three kids and a wife to support is never, in a million years, going to be able to negotiate with a multi-billion dollar company over wages and benefits.

Remember a corporation is an amoral profit making entity whose sole purpose is to pay as little as possible for labor and other expenses, and charge as much as possible for the service or product. Corporations better be trying to screw employees- or they aren't doing their job.

Especially as to teachers unions - Why America would want to disassemble public eduction is amazing to me. The countries I visit respect and honor teachers and pay them as professionals at the highest amount that can be afforded.

That's why their kids kick our kids' butts academically.

That's why we send our kids to public schools in a district where we voted to pay higher school taxes than anywhere else nearby - to provide our kids better schools and pay higher salaries to teachers - so we get and maintain the best ones. In addition, our family hires a tutor to help our kids with their A-P classes and with Spanish. Our business has opened accounts at office supply stores and the kids' teachers simply have to order anything and everything they want online and its delivered to their classroom, and charged to the business.

When you test the kids in our kids' classroom, that teacher is a genius.

Compare that with the school district less than 30 miles away where the majority of the kids attend school less than 68% of the days. 40% don;t speak English as their primary language. 95% come form families so poor they get free breakfast, lunch, and supplies. 60% come from single parent homes with the parent having less than a grade school education.

That district also has a large number of "special needs" students - do you think a charter school would like to spend the extra tens of thousands each of those kids require? Under your plan- don't they get thrown in the ditch ?

Those teachers must be deserve to be fired because their kids' test scores suck.

Vouchers only make it worse by diverting funds the schools desperately need to "special" schools for the chosen few. The majority suffer to benefit the few.

If we want to create a permanent uneducated "serf" underclass class: to be cheap, exploitable labor for the few with the funds to exploit them for manual labor at great profit, and require the taxpayer to provide medical care at the public hospital for the serfs, and subsidized housing because the Serfs cannot afford to buy or rent decent homes, we are well on the way.

Wait... haven't I just described the Walton Family and WalMart.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12263 May 19, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
There's something wrong with that Bored boy. Seriously. Bad wiring.
And The King of Irony strikes again, too...
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#12264 May 19, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Americans can spell, use proper punctuation AND provide a cogent thought. You're not one of them.
I hate to say it Bill, but you're giving "Most Americans" way more credit than they're due.

http://llwproductions.files.wordpress.com/201...
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#12265 May 19, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of a statement made by Nicolas Cage in the movie, "Con Air", something similar to (I've added to it):
There's only a few people in this world that I really care about what they think of me. None of them are on this board.
Kinda reminds one of junior high or high school.
Holy Guacamole, Batman!

He didn't say "clueless and uneducated", "irony" or even insult anybody in a very specific way.

The apocalypse is neigh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jesup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buy Georgia White Dirt (Jan '13) Jul 1 Dirt lady 9
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Jul 1 carmen 101
McDonalds in Ludowici (Apr '06) Jun 28 Jerry Jones 16
Shelly and buddy dean Jun '15 clean 1
Carters Bite Jun '15 happy gilmore 1
Long County School System May '15 itssad 1
Wilkerson road May '15 REDNECK 3
More from around the web

Jesup People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Jesup Mortgages