Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#10542 May 11, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
Here's a question, so many of you have such a problem with the salaries that successful business entrepreneurs earn. It doesn't seem to matter that most of them started from scratch and risked their own money to start a business that succeeded (when so many of them fail and lose everything they invested) and so they were able to expand and hire more employees - thus enabling those people to earn a living and support their families. Those employees would then advance through the company, achieving higher earnings as they went. Expand, hire more people and on and on.
Physicians go through many years of schooling before they ever see a decent paycheck. Four years of college, followed by four years of medical school followed by 3-6 years of residency and possibly 1-2 more years of fellowship training. So they are anywhere from 12 -16 years of training before getting their first "real" job and they are facing the joy of paying back college and medical school loans as well. And different specialties earn very different salaries.
So while you are complaining about the businessman and the physician, where is your anger at the Hollywood elite who demand millions to work a few months on a film - thus driving up the costs of movie tickets. Try taking a family of 5 to the movies and letting the kids get something as basic as a drink and popcorn and maybe split some candy. It could easily set them back $70-$80 dollars - just to go to a movie. Let's look at what some actors pulled in from May 2011- May 2012 - that's one year, folks.
Tom Cruise -$75 million
Leonardo DiCaprio and Adam Sandler -$37 million
Kristen Stewart -$34.5 million
And then we have our professional athletes who demand multimillion dollar a year contracts - what do you think that does to the price of a sports ticket. Anybody tried to take that same family of 5 to a game recently? I went on the Braves website and a seat in the nose bleed section of Right Field cost a lovely $47 - that's for ONE ticket.
But somehow when the Left is harping on about how unfair it is that presidents of companies or some doctors make what are admittedly some very nice incomes, no one is talking about the actors who make multimillions for pretending and athletes who make multimillions for playing a children's game.
Anybody else see selective outrage at work??
+1

Probably, since (it seems) most of Hollywood supports the "Liberace" cause, many will not have an outrage against this...

What a lot of the clueless and uneducated don't understand is how stock options work, particularly in small, start up companies where the founders (owners) risk a significant portion of their personal wealth for potential gains. Been thee and done that...
Informed Opinion

North Fort Myers, FL

#10543 May 11, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>And I will repeat (sorry, Bill)- and just how does that explain the next 12 revisions?

ABC Exclusive: Benghazi Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference

When it became clear last fall that the CIA’s now discredited Benghazi talking points were flawed, the White House said repeatedly the documents were put together almost entirely by the intelligence community, but White House documents reviewed by Congress suggest a different story.
ABC News has obtained 12 different versions of the talking points that show they were extensively edited as they evolved from the drafts first written entirely by the CIA to the final version distributed to Congress and to U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice before she appeared on five talk shows the Sunday after that attack.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/...

Will you acknowledge that? Doubt it - too full of truth and facts.
What a joke.

Is this supposed to be a matter if any importance ?

Bush protected bin Laden, and lied us into a war that killed thousands of Marines, hundreds of thousands of civilians, and will cost our us, our children, and our grandchildren $6,000,000,000,000.00.

Are you demanding and investigation into that ?

Are you demanding Bush be tried for treason and War Crimes ?

No ?

But 4 Americans are killed in the 17th attack on embassies and consulates and suddenly we have to "investigate".

And Right Wing Wackos wonder why they're not taken seriously.
truth

Douglasville, GA

#10544 May 11, 2013
I know what you are saying, Aggie. I have a friend that went to medical school 7-yrs, 3- yrs to specialize. He is about to go through a 5- yr internship. His education has cost in excess of $600,000.00.
Informed Opinion

North Fort Myers, FL

#10545 May 11, 2013
DrinknChickn wrote:
<quoted text>So what? They worked on the wording of their presentation. That isn't a big deal.

I'd be much more concerned if a POTUS wasn't careful about what he chose to present and how he chose to word it.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x62/DFW_ph...
It's worse than that.

The original press release was on blue paper - and and later it was printed on green paper,

The final version had parts in "Bold" while earlier versions had those same sections in "Italics".

Outrageously, the original also had a coffee stain in the upper left hand corner - and when you see the final version - THERE'S NO COFFEE STAIN.
truth

Douglasville, GA

#10546 May 11, 2013
truth wrote:
I know what you are saying, Aggie. I have a friend that went to medical school 7-yrs, 3- yrs to specialize. He is about to go through a 5- yr internship. His education has cost in excess of $600,000.00.
Excuse me! He calls it residency, not internship.
DrinknChickn

Douglasville, GA

#10547 May 11, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
It's worse than that.
The original press release was on blue paper - and and later it was printed on green paper,
The final version had parts in "Bold" while earlier versions had those same sections in "Italics".
Outrageously, the original also had a coffee stain in the upper left hand corner - and when you see the final version - THERE'S NO COFFEE STAIN.
I'm starting to see the insidious nature of the whole plan now. Why didn't Aggie just state this to begin with! Now I understand. There are dangerous forces at work here.

http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/syBRZGU95aA/mqdefault....
Apparently

Hudson, OH

#10548 May 11, 2013
Apparently

Hudson, OH

#10549 May 11, 2013
Informed Opinion

North Fort Myers, FL

#10550 May 11, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>Complete and utter BS, uttered (posted) by someone that doesn't know what they're talking about. Not surprised.

Been there and done that...
Lord, I despise ignorance.

It's always sadly ironic whenever a Right Wing Wackos come into a law office to complain your doctor or surgeon has harmed them or a family member through malpractice.

In the states with which I'm familiar, the attorney will explain to you that, unless unless your spouse earned substantial income, his or her death just isn't worth suing over, because statutory limits on recovery for pain and suffering and lack of consortium and companionship make the potential recovery not worth an attorney's time or effort.

The attorney will explain that under statutes enacted to discourage lawsuits against doctors, it may cost a minimum of $100,000 to hire medical doctors as experts to file affidavits just to have the right to even file the lawsuit, and doctors to testify at trial, and years of litigation and work by the attorney to prosecute any decent sized malpractice lawsuit.

They'll explain to you that if you don't win, you'll have to pay the costs for the other side, and in some cases, if offers of judgment were made, you'll have to pay their fees also.

Got an extra $1,000,000 lying around ?

You won't have the money to pay for a lawyer, or you being a good Right Winger, you'll want the attorney to risk his money and years of his life, and take the case on contingency, so you can transfer the risk and the cost to someone else.

When the attorney refuses, you'll be angry - where's the justice ?

Suddenly, it'll come home to you what it means to be a little guy in modern day America, where all those rules made to protect defendants from those "bad" plaintiff's attorneys actually work.

It's ironic, but it's the result of your getting the very laws you wanted.

Having seen this rodeo about 200 X, tell me again how I have no idea what I'm talking about.

The vast majority of attorneys won't go near a medmal case because the rules are designed to make it as difficult and expensive as possible to prevail.

Why are Right Wing Wackos so proud if their ignorance ?,

and

why do they assume everyone else is as ignorant as get are ?
amused

Jefferson, GA

#10551 May 11, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it ironic ?
If you put the a Keffiyeh on a Right Wing Wacko, and dropped him off at the Muslim Taliban convention, within a few minutes they'd all be bestest buddies.
After all, they share a disgust for education, a love of ignorance, intolerance, and the hatred and fear of anything and everything different from themselves - and they are completely ignorant regarding the religion they claim to follow.
When you think about it - it's amusing in its way.
The only thing amusing is stupid you prove yourself to be, second only to your breath taking dishonesty.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#10552 May 12, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Actually, arbitrarily is exactly how it works when medical practices get letters stating that "Medicare will be cutting reimbursements for x procedure from $75 to $60 - not because of new information, but simply because of a bureaucratic decision. And those "wildly inflated costs" include covering the costs of patients who do not pay their bill and malpractice insurance that continues to go up - now if anyone really wanted to bring down medical costs, tort reform would make a HUGE difference - I wonder why that wasn't done, oh, silly me - trial lawyers have Democrats in their back pockets.
Educate yourself...

Hospital Costs Go Public: What Changes In Health Care?
May 08, 2013 1:00 PM
http://www.npr.org/2013/05/08/182295999/drama...

One hospital outside Dallas charges a little over 14 grand for pneumonia treatment. Another hospital a few miles down the same street charges more than twice as much, over $38,000. Why? Why has it taken so long for those prices to be made public? And now that they're out, how is that going to change health care?

Today the Obama administration published the prices hospitals charge for the 100 most common procedures, and the discrepancies are staggering. Here in Washington, one hospital charges $69,000 for a joint replacement. You can pay less than half of that just across town....
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

#10553 May 12, 2013
Everyone's worried about cost and effect, or about who has too much and who has too little.

Not to worry, if the below link becomes the norm we will all be living in poverty.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/1...
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

#10554 May 12, 2013
amused wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing amusing is stupid you prove yourself to be, second only to your breath taking dishonesty.

A genetic defect called bombastic, increased by being full of BS.

Bored

Dawsonville, GA

#10555 May 12, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
Here's a question, so many of you have such a problem with the salaries that successful business entrepreneurs earn. It doesn't seem to matter that most of them started from scratch and risked their own money to start a business that succeeded (when so many of them fail and lose everything they invested) and so they were able to expand and hire more employees - thus enabling those people to earn a living and support their families. Those employees would then advance through the company, achieving higher earnings as they went. Expand, hire more people and on and on.
Physicians go through many years of schooling before they ever see a decent paycheck. Four years of college, followed by four years of medical school followed by 3-6 years of residency and possibly 1-2 more years of fellowship training. So they are anywhere from 12 -16 years of training before getting their first "real" job and they are facing the joy of paying back college and medical school loans as well. And different specialties earn very different salaries.
So while you are complaining about the businessman and the physician, where is your anger at the Hollywood elite who demand millions to work a few months on a film - thus driving up the costs of movie tickets. Try taking a family of 5 to the movies and letting the kids get something as basic as a drink and popcorn and maybe split some candy. It could easily set them back $70-$80 dollars - just to go to a movie. Let's look at what some actors pulled in from May 2011- May 2012 - that's one year, folks.
Tom Cruise -$75 million
Leonardo DiCaprio and Adam Sandler -$37 million
Kristen Stewart -$34.5 million
And then we have our professional athletes who demand multimillion dollar a year contracts - what do you think that does to the price of a sports ticket. Anybody tried to take that same family of 5 to a game recently? I went on the Braves website and a seat in the nose bleed section of Right Field cost a lovely $47 - that's for ONE ticket.
But somehow when the Left is harping on about how unfair it is that presidents of companies or some doctors make what are admittedly some very nice incomes, no one is talking about the actors who make multimillions for pretending and athletes who make multimillions for playing a children's game.
Anybody else see selective outrage at work??

Selectivity of running in the gutters of ignorance, hyperactivity, & hyperbole.

Bored

Dawsonville, GA

#10556 May 12, 2013
Bored wrote:
Everyone's worried about cost and effect, or about who has too much and who has too little.
Not to worry, if the below link becomes the norm we will all be living in poverty.
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/1...

If the above does occur, then we will fit into the failed state category at this link. Scroll down for the listings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Failed_state

Bored

Dawsonville, GA

#10557 May 12, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Here in Washington, one hospital charges $69,000 for a joint replacement. You can pay less than half of that just across town....

Sure it's cheaper across town, they use materials made from China while the first hospital use American made materials.

Everyone knows the best is made in America.
Informed Opinion

North Fort Myers, FL

#10558 May 12, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>Complete and utter BS, uttered (posted) by someone that doesn't know what they're talking about. Not surprised.

Been there and done that...
Thanks for once again displaying the Right Wing Wackos pride in their ignorance.

Oh Karma... How amazing it is to see all these anti-lawyer, anti-plantiffs, anti-justice Right Wing Wackos change their tune, when they're the

Don't believe me.

Google - Section 766, Florida Statutes, and its Georgia equivalent,(which may not even exist in the future as doctors want juries replaced by an appointed board) then tell us all how easy it is

Thanks for playing.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10559 May 12, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully, you'll never have to learn that when someone you love is damaged or killed through medical negligence. If it happens, your attitude will change - it always does.
----------
Quotes from "Informed Opinion" regarding the 12 revisions of the Benghazi talking points.
"What a joke. Is this supposed to be a matter if any importance ?"
Ö.
But 4 Americans are killed in the 17th attack on embassies and consulates and suddenly we have to "investigate".
==========
Hopefully, no one you love is ever abandoned by our government for political reasons. "If it happens, your attitude will change - it always does."

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10560 May 12, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always sadly ironic whenever a Right Wing Wackos come into a law office to complain your doctor or surgeon has harmed them or a family member through malpractice.
In the states with which I'm familiar, the attorney will explain to you that, unless unless your spouse earned substantial income, his or her death just isn't worth suing over, because statutory limits on recovery for pain and suffering and lack of consortium and companionship make the potential recovery not worth an attorney's time or effort.
The attorney will explain that under statutes enacted to discourage lawsuits against doctors, it may cost a minimum of $100,000 to hire medical doctors as experts to file affidavits just to have the right to even file the lawsuit, and doctors to testify at trial, and years of litigation and work by the attorney to prosecute any decent sized malpractice lawsuit.
They'll explain to you that if you don't win, you'll have to pay the costs for the other side, and in some cases, if offers of judgment were made, you'll have to pay their fees also.
Got an extra $1,000,000 lying around ?
You won't have the money to pay for a lawyer, or you being a good Right Winger, you'll want the attorney to risk his money and years of his life, and take the case on contingency, so you can transfer the risk and the cost to someone else.
The vast majority of attorneys won't go near a medmal case because the rules are designed to make it as difficult and expensive as possible to prevail.
"loser pays" has been shown to reduce frivolous lawsuits and actually helps those who have true grounds for litigation.
While most western nations have a form of loser pays, I could only find 8 states with loser pays of any kind and not all those applied to medical malpractice suits. Please list which states have medical malpractice loser pays laws.
Florida HAD "loser pays" for a whopping total of 5 years from 1980-1985, it was not implemented properly and both "sides" were hurt - however, those who have studied the full effects say that "the baby should not have been thrown out with the bath water" and are suggesting a modified form - if Florida has enacted another type of "loser pays", please cite it, because I tried every permutation of phrase on Google and couldn't find it. That is a serious request, I would love to look at them. The only ones I could find were Alaska and Texas.

The "medical malpractice" lottery is a loser for all responsible people - plaintiffs who suffered no harm and ambulance chasing lawyers clog up the system with frivolous lawsuits that they never intend to take to court, they are just hoping for an insurance settlement to make a buck for nothing. And if the insurance company chooses to settle, the doctor has no choice even if he/she wants to fight for their good name - and then they get to forever after have the reputation of having settled a malpractice suit and they get to pay increased insurance costs for the rest of their career - often for no wrongdoing AT ALL.

Am I denying malpractice exists? Absolutely not - but there is a lottery system mentality among some because VERY FEW states have loser pays. Just look at the trial lawyer advertisements on television - "You don't pay, if we don't win." - why not roll that dice? Are patients who are harmed through TRUE negligence entitled to compensation, of course. But even in cases where the doctor was not at fault and some bad result occurred, for whatever reason, the doctor is fighting the natural inclination of jurors to look at the person who has incurred injury and feel sorry for them and want to help them - REGARDLESS of whether or not the doctor actually did anything wrong - after all, he/she can afford it, right?

So it looks like your post is a load of horse feathers and isn't even true in Florida anymore.
do you

Dahlonega, GA

#10561 May 12, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you to a degree. I do believe queers are born that way, but it stil doesn't it make it alright. I say this because I have a couple of queer friends that I grew up with and they've always been sissies. Some people are natural born killers. Is it alright for them to give in to the urge to kill folks. I hope my kids believe in God enough to where even if they have them sick urges to ignore them.
You do realize that they are just as much creatures of GOD as you, or do you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jesup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Savanna curtis security at walmart Dec 11 Justice 1
Looking for male CKC German Shepherd to breed w... Dec 10 redheadredneck1990 1
Buy Georgia White Dirt (Jan '13) Dec 6 Dirt lady 8
Anyone want a free dog? (Jan '12) Dec 1 slim 5
Halloween! Nov '14 Iceman1 2
Muslim Compound near Odum? (May '07) Nov '14 flygril 68
bill lane Nov '14 curious 3
Jesup Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web