Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. The cold hard indisputable facts that everyone else in the world uses just won't work with YOU. Because they don't line up with your views.
I see.
<quoted text>
I don't SEEEE IIIIIITTTT. Where is it? Is it hiding behind a tree somewhere? Can you ask it to come out in the open?
Maybe you could post it here in this thread for us?
<quoted text>
I see. You just KNOW it. Uh-huh. I see.
<quoted text>
Well, we HAVE, you know.:)
<quoted text>
I see.
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/rick-newman/...
<quoted text>
I really have. Over and over. You guys just refuse to believe that your biased inaccurate views are wrong, and definitive proof does not seem to sway you from your fantasy worlds. I wish that weren't true, but it is.
I decided to take a look at your U.S. News and Reports link. Holy Loonie Liberal Biasness, Batman! I did not see ONE political article that wasn't waaaaaaaaay left. Good try. No cigar. Monica isn't sharing.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooooh. I forgot YOUR rules. YOUR sources are correct. The conservative's sources are wrong. That's right. I forgot.
LOL! Let me explain it to you. There are subtle nuances to this so pay attention.

When information comes from someplace like the "Congressional Budget Office", that source is as definitive as it gets. Those are the numbers everbody uses.

When information comes from Gravystain Johnson over on WEHATEOBAMA.COM chances are pretty good that they are just cooking things and cherry-picking. The conclusion is drawn first - then they make up the facts to support it.

See how that works? It's subtle, but keep looking at it. You'll get is sometime.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
The columns are "Size of gross debt" and "Federal account debt"
The first number goes under the Size of gross debt column,
and the second number goes under the Federal account debt column.
Thanks for the explanation.

Nobody cares.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. The cold hard indisputable facts that everyone else in the world uses just won't work with YOU. Because they don't line up with your views.
I see.
<quoted text>
I don't SEEEE IIIIIITTTT. Where is it? Is it hiding behind a tree somewhere? Can you ask it to come out in the open?
Maybe you could post it here in this thread for us?
<quoted text>
I see. You just KNOW it. Uh-huh. I see.
<quoted text>
Well, we HAVE, you know.:)
<quoted text>
I see.
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/rick-newman/...
<quoted text>
I really have. Over and over. You guys just refuse to believe that your biased inaccurate views are wrong, and definitive proof does not seem to sway you from your fantasy worlds. I wish that weren't true, but it is.
Also, just so you'll know, you have worn out the word...INDISPUTIBLE. Especially, since just about every "fact" you've posted has been disputed. Again, just because you say it doesn't make it indisputable. ; )
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Accept it, Chicken. It's another conservative VOTE in CONGRESS that has you upset. If he was a democrat, you would think he hung the moon. At least he had the decency not to get blown in the Oval office, go on national TV and LIE under oath to the People he was supposed to be leading. HE WAS THE PRESIDENT!!!!!!! You might as well move on. You've lost this one. The funniest thing ever: Liberals beating their chests and taking the MORAL HIGHGROUND.*TRULY laughing out loud.*
Seriously, the Moral Card is ridiculous for you to be tossing. Don't keep embarrassing yourself.
LOL!

You declaring victory doesn't make it so! You're supposed to actually refute something or present some kind of a logic chain or something.

You can't just say "I win!" and that's the way it is. You actually have to win.

This isn't 'Nam, Synergy. There are rules.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Albany dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it might be interesting but too much arguing. Some sound like children. Why does my city show as Austin, TX when I'm in Albany, Georgia? Do you know? Thank you.
Few of us live where the ISP shows we do. This has been answered on Topix before, but I can't remember what was said. Stay tuned. Someone will answer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

danger zone wrote:
This is HILARIOUS!!!! I'm going to use it in an email I'm sending out. Thanks!!!!!!!
OMTE

Helena, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody cares.
Don't you love how bored and stranger danger poke their head out by posting insults. Then when we don't attack their a$$es. They post as many posts as they can as fast as they can. It's pathetic. While Synergy just keeps chattering to herself. It's hilarious.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Let me explain it to you. There are subtle nuances to this so pay attention.
When information comes from someplace like the "Congressional Budget Office", that source is as definitive as it gets. Those are the numbers everbody uses.
When information comes from Gravystain Johnson over on WEHATEOBAMA.COM chances are pretty good that they are just cooking things and cherry-picking. The conclusion is drawn first - then they make up the facts to support it.
See how that works? It's subtle, but keep looking at it. You'll get is sometime.
Riiiiight. Good try. Again, Monica isn't sharing. Perhaps when you post Motherjones or Democratsarealwaysright. com OR U.S. News and Report, it's a GREAT source. Nooooooo, no cherry picking THERE.
If you'll notice, I didn't criticize the LINK for your chart. You need to settle down. I said your info was OLD and IT IS. I'll type more slowly for you next time. Keep reading. You'll comprehend it at some point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody cares.
Oh, yes they do. The numbers don't support your agenda. Yes. People care.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
You declaring victory doesn't make it so! You're supposed to actually refute something or present some kind of a logic chain or something.
You can't just say "I win!" and that's the way it is. You actually have to win.
This isn't 'Nam, Synergy. There are rules.
Well, actually, YOU won. The country lost.
The victory is in the facts presented. You gotten a dose of them today and it doesn't look pretty for the liberals.
You need to reread your own post and apply it where it belongs.....to the loonie liberal lunatics.
Laters, baby.
danger zone

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you love how bored and stranger danger poke their head out by posting insults. Then when we don't attack their a$$es. They post as many posts as they can as fast as they can. It's pathetic. While Synergy just keeps chattering to herself. It's hilarious.
Big difference in using a video to poke fun than spewing hatred & vulgarity. Looking back, there are few posts when you do not attack. Why am I not the least surprised you don't know the difference.
danger zone

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Of course, when the liberal news outlets begin tonight's national report on anything but Benghazi, it means the hearing isn't in Obama/Clinton's favor. How obvious!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you love how bored and stranger danger poke their head out by posting insults. Then when we don't attack their a$$es. They post as many posts as they can as fast as they can. It's pathetic. While Synergy just keeps chattering to herself. It's hilarious.
I'm not chattering to myself unless you think Chickenbutt and I are the same person. He and I have been posting back and forth. Guess you didn't catch that.
I haven't really read any heavy weight posts from you, OMTE. You just kind of jump in and sling insults. Gee, where I have read that already???? Wait! That's basically the first sentence of your post talking about Bored and Stranger. Must be contagious.
danger zone

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Clinton & Rice are washed up & Obama is a wuss.
What leadership?
domino

Jackson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Why dont you guys just ignore OMTE? I do. With the language he uses, he is obviously a child. Hes constantly calling Syn bad names and Bill in Dville really gets it. One of them said earlier that Bill needs to go to sleep and not wake up. That is just wrong. Keep up the good work Bill, jealousy reared its ugly head because you are more intelligent than they will EVER be.
OMTE

Helena, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not chattering to myself unless you think Chickenbutt and I are the same person. He and I have been posting back and forth. Guess you didn't catch that.
I haven't really read any heavy weight posts from you, OMTE. You just kind of jump in and sling insults. Gee, where I have read that already???? Wait! That's basically the first sentence of your post talking about Bored and Stranger. Must be contagious.
I haven't post anything but insults? You may want to look back. I posted a reponse to both of them on their links and proved how stupid both of them were. You're in denial. Typical republican. I did push the limit with Aggie, but I'm tired of her using God like a gun. Whatever. Ya'll sissies are just like ducks on the water. I'll let Chicken handle my light wieght. This is to easy. Bye.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

"Breaking News: Skepticism of Conservative Ideas Requires No Bias
By ANSON KAYE
February 28, 2013 RSS Feed Print
It's the perfect recipe for conservative apoplexy: On the one hand you have the Politico reporting that journalists are dissatisfied with their access to the president and, on the other, you have Chuck Todd saying the media isn't liberal.
The response has been predictable. "Are you kidding me?" conservatives say. "What difference does access make when you agree with everything the president says? And your kneejerk agreement is proof enough that you are biased."
It's a line of reasoning that folds neatly into a larger conservative narrative: If only the media were doing its job and accurately reporting on the White House we all would be as disenchanted with the administration as they are. If that argument seems familiar to you, it should. We've been hearing it from conservatives for a long, long time.
[See a collection of political cartoons on the Republican Party.]
Back in 1944 Gunnar Myrdal wrote a book on American race relations. One of his theses was that change would come to the segregated South when journalists began reporting on the conditions there. Myrdal's notion was that most Americans didn't understand just how bad things were for African-Americans under segregation, but that once they learned they wouldn't be able to ignore it.
You can argue the merits of Myrdal's work, but one thing that proved prescient was his understanding of the role the media would play in changing public attitudes about segregation. When Northern press turned its attention to the civil rights movement, the stories and photos they published helped shape the national debate about Jim Crow and arguably hastened its end.
The reaction of Southern conservatives to these news reports, however, was a little different. The problem, they said, isn't segregation, it's the way a Northern press infected with integrationist sympathies reports it. Of course, that was hogwash. Segregation was exposed and, eventually, ended. But in the embers of an ideological defeat, conservatives found a handy bit of linguistic Jujitsu. If the facts prove inconvenient, don't argue them. Instead, shift the focus and question the integrity of the fact-finder. If you're successful, then in one broad stroke you may be able to disqualify the facts without ever having to argue them on the merits.
[Read the U.S. News Debate: Is the GOP's Problem in its Strategies or its Policies?]
Impugning the motives of those we've entrusted with separating fiction from fact has proven an effective strategy for the right. Don't agree with a judicial decision? Blame the "activist" judge. Think an academic paper might be damaging to your cause? No worries. Academia is "liberal" and "elitist." Worried that global warming might prove nettlesome? It's the product of scientists harboring a "hidden agenda."
And today a news media that might otherwise be making reasoned judgments about what's news and what isn't has become so cowed by conservative complaints that just about any allegation, no matter how outlandish, must receive "equal time." Donald Trump's birther claims are a terrific example. Trump has all the credibility of a squirrel monkey. And the charges he mounted in 2011 were completely bereft of anything resembling a fact. Yet when he was pressing his "questions" about the president's place of birth, the media felt compelled to put him on the air in an endless loop, and to book guests to argue "both sides" of the "controversy." Ridiculous.
But suggest that the media might not be so liberal after all, and you elicit ferocious conservative push-back. Just ask Chuck Todd. Last week, when he said media bias was a myth, the conservative response was perhaps best typified by Greg Gutfeld's 90 second uninterrupted monologue on Fox, which I think can be fairly boiled down to: The media is liberal because the media is liberal and it's preposterous to think otherwise."

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

cont.- Too true

"There's another way of looking at this, of course. As hard as this may be for conservatives to swallow, it may be that 65 million people voted for the president precisely because they have a clear understanding of his record, and what he wants to do—and they agree with it.
Look, in my work, I have found many occasions to be frustrated with reporters. Sometimes they do a good job and sometimes they don't. But clinging to the notion that they are wittingly or unwittingly involved in some kind of mass liberal conspiracy is a little nutty.
[Read the U.S. News Debate: Does Barack Obama Have a Mandate?]
If that's the case, you may ask, how can it be that I sometimes find unflattering coverage of conservative ideas? Well, one might ask in return, have you taken a look at the ideas conservatives have championed over the years? Segregation is the way to go. Women shouldn't work. The government is filled with hidden communists. People on the lower end of the economic spectrum are there because they are lazy. Cutting taxes for the rich is the best economic program for everyone. America is one step removed from becoming a totalitarian state. Etc.
In other words, my conservative friends, it may finally be time to come to terms with the following: Its your ideas that leave something to be desired, not the media's coverage of them."
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:

Cry me a river whiny boy.
Get a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jesup Discussions

Search the Jesup Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New to Area Jul 27 Yeller Jacket 4
Lonnie's Auto Repair Jul 27 Yeller Jacket 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Ludowici Politics (Dec '11) Jul 15 Long County TRUTH 27
Ludowici reinstates police chief Jun '14 oh okay 2
Bobby England (Feb '13) May '14 abc 4
Ludowici officer faces 5 charges (Jan '12) May '14 Kaci Govero 25
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jesup Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••