|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Glorya wrote:
IO, you are a troll, a whiner, arrogant, and certainly not as brilliant as a few others on this forum. So, just know, whatever I may have said nice about you, I take it back.
I'm an Indian giver, with no apologies.
You go girl!!
Man in Plaid

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
"The point is that there needs FIRST be a recognition of the need for an "outside" designer."
Nope, only ID has this requirement, Evolution deals with what can be observed in the real world it does not concern itself with the question of who.
As to the question of where the aliens came from, the very same physical processes that lead to the emergence of life on Earth may work on other planets, unfortunately we'll need to wait a bit longer for those observations to be possible.
"Regarding the origin of life - again, the supporting argument is full of "can occur" "might occur" "could occur" - again suppositions, but no factual evidence."
This is the stuff of Science, question and experimentation leading to a refinement of the questions and experimentations. This process can be very disconcerting for those who need the illusion of something concrete to support their beliefs.
"I repeat - THIS is not the forum for this. I only responded to your dismissive post about Rick Santorum and his beliefs."
While you may consider the original post dismissive, it was actually illustrative of the rightward track of the GOP electorate in the last two elections. The only two GOP Primary candidates that expressed support for the Theory of Evolution were Huntsman and Romney, and judging by the comments in this discussion neither of them are conservative enough to suit the tastes of many.
Intelligent Design is simply warmed over Creationism trying to get a foothold in public schools, and the GOP hasn't made a decision to cut loose its religious conservatives. At some point the GOP will need to decide whether it wants to be a viable political party or chase its conservative tail into oblivion.
I doubt that the GOP will chase its tail into oblivion just like I doubted my friends who after Bush's reelection bemoaned that the right had created such conditions that we wouldn't have a Democrat President for decades. Eventually, things shift.
steve m

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

columbus native wrote:
So refreshing and somewhat joyful to see the same sour grapes die in the wool republicans on this forum spitting out their venom. Of course they have to accept it that they have little or no say in OUR government for the next 4 years. Maybe some of them will leave OUR country or overdose, either way makes no difference to me, they got it coming!
Didn't they all promise to go to Canada if Obama won? I wish they would do what they said they would. You know how Republicans always lie.

Since: Jul 12

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

steve m wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't they all promise to go to Canada if Obama won? I wish they would do what they said they would. You know how Republicans always lie.
If they all went to Canada there would not be any tax revenues and all you liberal's would starve to death.
domino

Wellington, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

steve m wrote:
<quoted text>
I promise you I never said I would do such. Canada is for draft dodgers like Bill Clinton. He should go back and take Obama with him.
tazzaz

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

domino

Wellington, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If they all went to Canada there would not be any tax revenues and all you liberal's would starve to death.
No need to reply, but OMG! We actually agree on something. I do have to say, that is a super great post.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Glorya wrote:
<quoted text>Just keep flapping your trap. It's what you're best at, along with Oh My & History is No Les. Your're gonna bust ya gut or blow a vessel- you need a pressure pill, mixed with a straight up bourban. Then, ask that the wife you speak so fondly of, to drive you to the nearest clinic or mental health facility. Always remember, breathe in through your nose and out wiith your mouth. And PLEASE ask her to lock your guns up and hide the friggin key.
Projecting again I see.

Dispelling the lies and myths Right Wingers spew forth from their frothy lips whenever they lift their faces from the government trough is hardly taxing.

In fact it's disappointingly easy.

Thanks to the Internet, all one has to do is insert a few words Ina search engine, and the truth emerges from primary sources without the need to break a sweat.

That's one reason it's so amusing to read Right Wing Wackos posts completely contrary to known, accepted, and undisputed facts.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Glorya wrote:
IO, you are a troll, a whiner, arrogant, and certainly not as brilliant as a few others on this forum. So, just know, whatever I may have said nice about you, I take it back.
I'm an Indian giver, with no apologies.
Sorry about that.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Best post of the day!!!!!!!!

Remember when the libs said they would leave the country if Bush won a second term. Well...they never left either. You know how those democrats lie.
American

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

It's sure isn't Isakson he has been castorated. By the Democraps he is supporting gun control ,can you be leave it a Ga. Senator voting to control guns the jerk.
Glorya

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Projecting again I see.
Dispelling the lies and myths Right Wingers spew forth from their frothy lips whenever they lift their faces from the government trough is hardly taxing.
In fact it's disappointingly easy.
Thanks to the Internet, all one has to do is insert a few words Ina search engine, and the truth emerges from primary sources without the need to break a sweat.
That's one reason it's so amusing to read Right Wing Wackos posts completely contrary to known, accepted, and undisputed facts.
I find you disappointingly boring and really don't care what your views are or your opinion of me. I've worked my ass off, without being a tax dodger, without loopholes. So NOTHING you say to me, bothers me, ABSOLUTELY nothing. I know ALL about work ethic, so don't preach to me. You've done enough of that ... about 3-4 days worth, just recently. Your "black labrador" needs a friend, I don't.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Glorya

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You go, Dave!
Bored

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I believe that rule changed in the late 90s.
If memory serves correct, it (the capital gains exclusion) was available to those 55 and over and it was a lower amount. If you were under 55 and purchased a more expensive home, you could "delay" the capital gains impact.
The $250K/$500K exclusion applies to all, subject to certain rules.
I stand corrected. thanks.
This means IO raises his batting average to .002 and may get in a game before the all-star break.
Bored

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA201.h...
The word theory, in the context of science, does not imply uncertainty. It means "a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena" (Barnhart 1948). In the case of the theory of evolution, the following are some of the phenomena involved.
All are facts:
Life appeared on earth more than two billion years ago;
Life forms have changed and diversified over life's history;
Species are related via common descent from one or a few common ancestors;
Natural selection is a significant factor affecting how species change.
Many other facts are explained by the theory of evolution as well.
The theory of evolution has proved itself in practice. It has useful applications in epidemiology, pest control, drug discovery, and other areas (Bull and Wichman 2001; Eisen and Wu 2002; Searls 2003).
Besides the theory, there is the fact of evolution, the observation that life has changed greatly over time. The fact of evolution was recognized even before Darwin's theory. The theory of evolution explains the fact.
If "only a theory" were a real objection, creationists would also be issuing disclaimers complaining about the theory of gravity, atomic theory, the germ theory of disease, and the theory of limits (on which calculus is based). The theory of evolution is no less valid than any of these. Even the theory of gravity still receives serious challenges (Milgrom 2002). Yet the phenomenon of gravity, like evolution, is still a fact.
see also...
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-fac...
When non-biologists talk about biological evolution they often confuse two different aspects of the definition. On the one hand there is the question of whether or not modern organisms have evolved from older ancestral organisms or whether modern species are continuing to change over time. On the other hand there are questions about the mechanism of the observed changes... how did evolution occur? Biologists consider the existence of biological evolution to be a fact. It can be demonstrated today and the historical evidence for its occurrence in the past is overwhelming. However, biologists readily admit that they are less certain of the exact mechanism of evolution; there are several theories of the mechanism of evolution....
You are beginning to get Boring like IO.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

This is a VERY interesting article(short) about the drop in union membership in Wisconsin. Seems those people are finally figuring it out!

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sean-higgins-wi...

Since: Jul 12

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
This is a VERY interesting article(short) about the drop in union membership in Wisconsin. Seems those people are finally figuring it out!
http://washingtonexaminer.com/sean-higgins-wi...
Interesting.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I wish that evolution did deal with only what could be observed in the real world - the whole theory would be in the junkpile because it cannot be observed.

"does not concern itself with the question of who" - no, but it most certainly does try and deal with the question of what - and it has no answers. The scientists who created simple amino acids in the lab in the 50's thought they had finally answered the question, but they were never able to get beyond those simple amino acids. When later research indicated their approximation of Earth's early atmosphere was wrong and they tried to replicate their results with the new information, they couldn't even get to simple amino acids. And even if they had, what would it really prove?- congratulations to the intelligent designers.

"This process can be very disconcerting for those who need the illusion of something concrete to support their beliefs." I couldn't agree with you more - and the best example is the stampede by atheists to embrace Darwin's theory.
Are you suggesting that direct observation of an event is required before conclusions can be drawn? I'm sure that criminal investigators would find this a flawed premise.

Failures in scientific experiments do not negate the scientific method, they simply show a path of reasoning that fails. As I mentioned previously, the very essence of Science is the testing of theory and refinement of theory from the results of testing. The example you have provided is an excellent example of this very process.

Do you feel that the Scientific Method is a valid method to draw conclusions about the real world?

If the identity of the Designer is not relevant, why do you feel it relevant that atheists accept Evolution.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Man in Plaid wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I doubt that the GOP will chase its tail into oblivion just like I doubted my friends who after Bush's reelection bemoaned that the right had created such conditions that we wouldn't have a Democrat President for decades. Eventually, things shift.
Must be why I phrased it as a choice...

"At some point the GOP will need to decide whether it wants to be a viable political party or chase its conservative tail into oblivion."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jesup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muslim Compound near Odum? (May '07) Aug 13 FYI 65
New to Area Jul 27 Yeller Jacket 4
Lonnie's Auto Repair Jul 27 Yeller Jacket 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul '14 what 2,045
Ludowici Politics (Dec '11) Jul '14 Long County TRUTH 27
Ludowici reinstates police chief Jun '14 oh okay 2
Bobby England (Feb '13) May '14 abc 4

Search the Jesup Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Jesup Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Jesup People Search