|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
What an imbecilic statement - the capital gains rate is available to all taxpayers - is it possible to make a statement more transparently disingenuous than that ?
Here's another transparently stupid statement you must agree with.
Hey, the opportunity to get special tax treatment by investing in a hedge fund is available to all taxpayers.
Just prove your net worth exceeds $1,000,000.00 and you annual income exceeds $200,000.00 each of the last 2 years and will exceed $200,000.00 the current and future year.
So you see - All Americans can take advantage of lower tax rates for hedge fund investors.
God help us - these Right Wing folks actually believe they make sense.
The imbecilic statement is all yours. How many times do people have to explain how our tax system works. Yes, the capital gains rate is available to ALL taxpayers. Have you ever sold a house? Did you make a profit on the house? Guess what - YOU paid capital gains on the profit on that house. If you bought that house for $100,000 and sold it for $120,000, would you have rather paid $3,000 in taxes at a capital gains rate of 15% or $5,000-$5,600 if it was counted as income and depending on your overall income level.

And if your net worth exceeds $1,000,000, unless you are a Kennedy or some similar family, you didn't start out making that kind of money. Maybe you started from scratch and built a business that eventually was worth that after decades of hard work. And for every one of those years leading up to that you paid regular income tax on the money you worked hard for. Now you are reaping the rewards of all that hard work and are paying capital gains on investments that were made on money that you RISKED and had ALREADY paid taxes on once. WHY is this so hard for you to get through your head???
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Glorya wrote:
http://m.washingtonpost.com/bl ogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/03/can cer-clinics-are-turning-away-t housands-of-medicare-patients- blame-the-sequester/?hpid=z1
I'm guessing there may be no need for death panels.
Thank Republicans for that. The sequester would have been avoided if Republicans could have given an inch on increasing revenue from the very wealthiest amongst us. They are doing their job protecting the rich while others suffer and die.

Thanks Republicans! Good Job!
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>Your so full of it. Give me the factual information on the United Healthcare CEO making a billion dollars. Sorry dude but I don't believe it. Show me.
Here's another

Biggest Golden Parachutes

ERIC MILLER / AP

... UnitedHealth Group Inc.'s McGuire received his thank yous in the form of stock options—$1.6 BILLION of them, to be exact—but he took some of them on the days the company's stock price hit yearly lows, profiting when the stocks went up again.

McGuire was asked to leave in October 2006 after federal prosecutors and the IRS requested documents concerning his stock options and executive compensation.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's just ridiculous! I didn't know THAT about the Affordable Care Act. I'm about to change my mind entirely on the whole affair! This makes me MAD!!
You mean we might have to fill out a form???!!
And we might actually have to know what our health insurance policy covers?!!???
Do they REALLY expect people to give a crap about their health and to actually pay attention to what they are spending their money on?!!
The NERVE of Obama! That's just un-American.
I expect you're not as smart as a 5th grader so you can just skip it.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank Republicans for that. The sequester would have been avoided if Republicans could have given an inch on increasing revenue from the very wealthiest amongst us. They are doing their job protecting the rich while others suffer and die.
And this post proves it!
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Published 2009.

"In the economic crisis, public hospitals are needed now more than ever. If you're down on your luck without insurance, the county hospital can be your last resort.

Recently thousands of letters went out across Las Vegas telling cancer patients that the only public hospital in the state was closing its outpatient clinic for chemotherapy.

It's the next thing in the recession - communities cutting back on services like schools or cops or public hospitals because tax revenues have fallen with the economy.

One of the charity patients who got that letter in Las Vegas is Helen Sharp, who didn't realize how a crash on Wall Street might threaten her life.

"I don't want to die. I shouldn't have to die. This is a county hospital. This is for people that, like me, many people have lost their insurance, have not any other resources. I mean I was a responsible person. I bought my house. I put money away. I raised my two children. And now I have nothing. You know my house isn't worth anything. I have no money. And I said 'What do I do, but what do all these other people do after me?''And they said we don't know,'" Sharp told 60 Minutes correspondent Scott Pelley."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-4917055...
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Published 2012.

"Financial pressures are forcing some community cancer centers to close and others to make changes, including selling their practices to hospitals.

Experts say the trend is eroding cancer care and driving up costs because treatment is significantly less expensive at community centers than at hospitals.

A new report from the Community Oncology Alliance found that in less than five years, 241 clinics have closed across the country, including 10 in Ohio. None of those was in the Columbus area.

The alliance found that hundreds of practices are struggling financially, in large part because of Medicare reimbursement. Almost 400 have entered into agreements with hospitals because, in many cases, thats the only way they could stay afloat.

A study by Avalere Health showed that Medicare covered less than 60 percent of cancer-treatment costs in 2009"

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local...
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>Your so full of it. Give me the factual information on the United Healthcare CEO making a billion dollars. Sorry dude but I don't believe it. Show me.
And another.

Am I still "full of it" ?

William W. McGuire
AKA William Wayne McGuire

Born: 1948
Birthplace: Troy, NY

Race or Ethnicity: White
Sexual orientation: Straight
Party Affiliation: Republican

Nationality: United States
Executive summary: CEO of UnitedHealth, 1992-2006

$1.1 BILLION GOLDEN PARACHUTE
upon leaving UnitedHealth.

Wife: Nadine (two children)

University: BA, University of Texas at Austin (1970)
Medical School: MD, University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston (1974)

Americans for Truth in Politics
BUSH-CHENEY '04
ELIZABETH DOLE Committee
Friends of GEORGE ALLEN
Friends of GUILANI Exploratory Committee
Friends of MARK FOLEY
GEORGE W. BUSH for PRESIDENT f
NATIONAL REPUBLICAN CONGRESSIONAL Committee
ROMNEY Victory Inc.
Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity

New!
NNDB MAPPER Create a map starting with William W. McGuire
Requires Flash 7+ and Javascript.

Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile

Copyright ©2012 Soylent Communications
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Note the years of declining services are during Obama's term.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
What an imbecilic statement - the capital gains rate is available to all taxpayers - is it possible to make a statement more transparently disingenuous than that ?
Here's another transparently stupid statement you must agree with.
Hey, the opportunity to get special tax treatment by investing in a hedge fund is available to all taxpayers.
Just prove your net worth exceeds $1,000,000.00 and you annual income exceeds $200,000.00 each of the last 2 years and will exceed $200,000.00 the current and future year.
So you see - All Americans can take advantage of lower tax rates for hedge fund investors.
God help us - these Right Wing folks actually believe they make sense.
Boring.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
The imbecilic statement is all yours. How many times do people have to explain how our tax system works. Yes, the capital gains rate is available to ALL taxpayers. Have you ever sold a house? Did you make a profit on the house? Guess what - YOU paid capital gains on the profit on that house. If you bought that house for $100,000 and sold it for $120,000, would you have rather paid $3,000 in taxes at a capital gains rate of 15% or $5,000-$5,600 if it was counted as income and depending on your overall income level.
And if your net worth exceeds $1,000,000, unless you are a Kennedy or some similar family, you didn't start out making that kind of money. Maybe you started from scratch and built a business that eventually was worth that after decades of hard work. And for every one of those years leading up to that you paid regular income tax on the money you worked hard for. Now you are reaping the rewards of all that hard work and are paying capital gains on investments that were made on money that you RISKED and had ALREADY paid taxes on once. WHY is this so hard for you to get through your head???
He's Mr Hyperbolee.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we sit back and watch this man and his policies tank our economy and destroy our healthcare system.
Bush tanked our economy. Please click on the link below. It's important that this information isn't forgotten if we hope to have intelligent conversations here.

http://www.online-stock-trading-guide.com/ima...
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we sit back and watch this man and his policies tank our economy and destroy our healthcare system.
The health care system was already destroyed.

http://chartingtheeconomy.com/wp-content/uplo...

It was the victim of an incurable disease: Greed. The PPACA measures are basically CPR. Sure there might be some growing pains, but it is absolutely necessary to begin treatment right now. Thank goodness Dr. Obama is working on the patient.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, you seem to forget that the sequestration was Obama's idea.
Second, while the sequestration takes $3 billion from Medicare, Obamacare takes $3 billion from Medicare this year. And guess what, next year Obamacare takes $41 billion from Medicare. Can't blame the Republicans for that - they tried to defeat this monstrosity.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
Just one more ...

When the golden parachute rips.

... the short version of the story is that McGuire knowingly oversaw the backdating of a king's ransom in stock options and the Wall Street Journal exposed the story, leading to a government investigation of UnitedHealth, and later, many other companies.

Since the stock options were never disclosed, McGuire was caught in a pot of hot water and forced to resign in 2006--but not before receiving some $1.1 BILLION in exit pay in what many consider to be one of the largest "golden parachutes" issued in corporate history.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you can't actually reply with a factual point, so you just resort to insults? That's the last refuge of the dim-witted. Name calling.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you can't actually reply with a factual point, so you just resort to insults? That's the last refuge of the dim-witted. Name calling.
I just copycat you.

Here's your boy Obama===
Unemployment Claims Climb As Layoffs Surge To Highest Level Since 2011

All unemployment rate 7.9%
Black unemployment rate 13.8%

Gee, thanks Obama. You are doing a great job!
What do you have up next?
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Second, while the sequestration takes $3 billion from Medicare, Obamacare takes $3 billion from Medicare this year. And guess what, next year Obamacare takes $41 billion from Medicare. Can't blame the Republicans for that - they tried to defeat this monstrosity.
How many times has this been covered? Repeatedly during the debates. Can't you guys ever let go of a "right wing talking point" even after it's been disproven repeatedly ad-nauseum?

Yet you guys still keep going to those same old worn out tired disproven arguments.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
I just copycat you.
Here's your boy Obama===
Unemployment Claims Climb As Layoffs Surge To Highest Level Since 2011
All unemployment rate 7.9%
Black unemployment rate 13.8%
Gee, thanks Obama. You are doing a great job!
What do you have up next?
Don't be dense, ok? Just don't.

You've been exposed to this information repeatedly before - but feel free to look at it again.

http://reflectionsofarationalrepublican.files...

You can't just pretend unemployment rates are in a bubble all by themselves. They ARE absolutely tied to other facets of the economy. Yes, the VERY SAME ECONOMY that went right down the drain in October 2008 after 8 years of Republican Policies.

So really - just don't try to play those games with me. You can throw out your inane and illogical retorts to somebody who's a moron and they might let you get away with it. But right now the adults are trying to talk.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times has this been covered? Repeatedly during the debates. Can't you guys ever let go of a "right wing talking point" even after it's been disproven repeatedly ad-nauseum?
Yet you guys still keep going to those same old worn out tired disproven arguments.
When are you going to answer these questions or has old age set in already.
Questions. from Bill In Dorville

Is your tax on gross income or taxable income? What's the difference?

Is it on all income or is it an incremental rate? If incremental, what are the ranges for various rates (if any) and what are the % rates?

What's the current top rate right now?

Why the difference between "income" and "capital gains"?

"Those who take the most from our society can afford to pay the most to keep it functioning."

How is it that someone that makes a lot of $ takes the most from our society? Someone that wins a lottery is taking a lot from our society? A sports star is taking a lot from our society? PLEASE explain/define what they are taking.

So you want someone to pay over 50% of their income (your tax, but you haven't explained it very well, plus state income taxes, plus FICA) in taxes. Wow. You must want the government to have all kinds of $ and take care of everything. Not me.

"Conversely, I think EVERYBODY (with a few obvious exceptions), needs to pay at least 10%."

I agree everybody should pay something. How did you get 10%? ASSUMING it's on income, what about those that don't file tax returns or work "under the table"? They're not paying anything.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know better. You paid attention during the Super Committee talks. Republican behavior was insane at the time. First words uttered during the whole thing was Boehner "Defense Cuts are off the table. Even mention them and we're walking".

Obama simply wanted a balanced and logical approach which included spending cuts along with increasing revenues. Republicans - ever defenders of the mega-wealthy- absolutely refused to play along.

Now we have the Sequester.

Thanks Republican Defenders of the super-wealthy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jesup Discussions

Search the Jesup Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Ludowici Politics (Dec '11) Jul 15 Long County TRUTH 27
Ludowici reinstates police chief Jun '14 oh okay 2
New to Area Jun '14 weavinggoddess 3
Bobby England (Feb '13) May '14 abc 4
Ludowici officer faces 5 charges (Jan '12) May '14 Kaci Govero 25
Muslim Compound near Odum? (May '07) May '14 downsouth 63
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jesup Jobs

•••