Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#5920 Apr 4, 2013
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Republican President Bush depleated this Country out of it's wealth by giving the wealthy tax breaks and starting two wars. Don't blame Obama. You see you aren't even iterested in the truth are you? I see Republicans as the party of crooks that work for the wealthy. The are liars and distorters of the real facts....just like you! While you are worrying, I will be enjoying the ride.
You never felt that way until Obama started preaching his hate in order to divide and conquer. You can deny it, but you aren't being honest. Obama, by design, has divided the parties, classes and races. You are getting a big pay off, so you can't even see it. Your pay off is he makes you feel better about yourself and the choices you've made. Your statement about "....enjoying the ride" proves what most of us have been posting. You want what you can GET from our country. TAKER.
domino

Newnan, GA

#5921 Apr 4, 2013
Doo wrote:
I'll just tell all you right wing conservative ignorant down talking low life scum baggin dirt weasles lying distorting threatning cotton picken stupid two faced propaganda lovin braggin die hards one time more. "OBAMA WON THE ELECTION AND IS NOW PRESIDENT AND COMMANDER AND CHEIF OF THE UNITED STATES OF

AMERICA. In other words YOU LOST

so all you can doo look stupid like

your Congress does right now and
has for the last four years. Not mush
you can doo about it but full and
carry on. So if it makes you feel better...go ahead. You all are VERY
ENTERTAINING and I laugh at you all everyday. Keep it up....I love it!
"not mush"? "full and carry on"? Maybe you could check yourself before correcting others on here.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#5922 Apr 4, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO...The wealth envy-itis shows it's ugly head AGAIN...

"Yea; it is so unfair to ask Right Wingers to pay their share."

Right wingers pay the same tax rates as the clueless and uneducated, don't they? Use the same forms and tax tables, don't they? Or, are you saying right wingers use different forms and tables?

Are right wingers the ONLY ones that make a lot of money? Are you whining about what Buffet or certain movies stars pay in taxes?

"able to pay only 15% or less tax rate on that 89.5 BILLION dollar family fortune."

Income taxes are on income (duh), not wealth. Their fortune has already been taxed. Duh.

"15% or less tax rate"

Oh, you mean the capital gains rate that is available to ALL tax payers? BTW, how do you know what an individual's tax rate is, it's not public information, although corporate tax rates can be easily found.

"Might have to pay taxes at the same rate we working people do."

They do. They use the same forms and tax table the rest of us do.

Your anti-wealth fury is targeted at people that are doing things legally and within the rules. You don't like the rules, probably because you don't understand them and the rationale for them...
What an imbecilic statement - the capital gains rate is available to all taxpayers - is it possible to make a statement more transparently disingenuous than that ?

Here's another transparently stupid statement you must agree with.

Hey, the opportunity to get special tax treatment by investing in a hedge fund is available to all taxpayers.

Just prove your net worth exceeds $1,000,000.00 and you annual income exceeds $200,000.00 each of the last 2 years and will exceed $200,000.00 the current and future year.

So you see - All Americans can take advantage of lower tax rates for hedge fund investors.

God help us - these Right Wing folks actually believe they make sense.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#5923 Apr 4, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>Your so full of it. Give me the factual information on the United Healthcare CEO making a billion dollars. Sorry dude but I don't believe it. Show me.
Solving the Healthcare Crisis the Old-Fashioned Way
by wbramh Oct 02, 2011 8:03pm PDT

Back in 1996, one of America’s lower-paid healthcare company executives was Allen Wise, a VP at United Healthcare. His annual salary was a paltry $2,697,751.

That was then - or “the lean years” as they’re remembered in executive board rooms.

Just nine years later (in 2005), the same Dr. McGuire (still stuck at stingy United Healthcare)“earned”$124,80 0,000 in salary alone.

Unfortunately for McGuire, 1996 was to be his last year milking the system due to his standout felonious role in a major stock options scandal (see "Legal Issues").

The SEC fined McGuire $468 million, which I assume came off the top of his parting gift from UH, a $1.1 BILLION (with a capital “B”) golden parachute. It was (at the time) the largest parting gift ever awarded any corporate chief executive in the history of mankind; in fact, probably the largest since the Cretaceous Period, but accurate corporate record-keeping suffered even back then.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#5924 Apr 4, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>Your so full of it. Give me the factual information on the United Healthcare CEO making a billion dollars. Sorry dude but I don't believe it. Show me.
Here's another source ;

McGuire's payday is a shame, if not a crime.
Article by: Neal St. Anthony , Star Tribune

Updated: April 21, 2006 - 11:08 PM

You could view the conciliatory gesture last week by UnitedHealth Group CEO Bill McGuire to voluntarily forgo any more millions in option grants as a first try at a low-cost settlement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

It may take a lot more than that.

The company told the Star Tribune this week that the board of directors had to approve the selected dates and that the practice was halted in 2005.

"Dollar Bill" has made lots of news with cash-and-stock paydays that have topped $100 million in recent years -- and he's still sitting atop stock options valued at $1.6 BILLION.

Still, ISS said, it's concerned that the board's compensation committee has failed in its duty to "provide oversight to the executive pay practices and administered a flawed employment contract. The over $1 BILLION that Dr. McGuire currently holds in stock grants.

McGuire and his executive crew have set new standards for wealth that have drawn envy as well as ire from country clubs and executive suites nationally.

"Even if there's nothing illegal at United, this is the extreme of obscenity in corporate governance," said Brother Louis DeThomasis, the chancellor of St. Mary's University, a onetime successful entrepreneur and a veteran board member who writes and lectures about business ethics. "We must reward excellence in performance. But handing people eternal paradise ...$1.6 BILLION worth of options is a bit much."

© 2013 Star Tribune
Powered by Limelight Networks
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#5925 Apr 4, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
You voted for Obama, you own him.
Are you smarter than a 5th grader?
How many poor folks are going to be able to complete this form?
"Applying for benefits under President Barack Obama's health care overhaul could be as daunting as doing your taxes.
The government's draft application runs 15 pages for a three-person family. An outline of the online version has 21 steps, some with additional questions.
Seven months before the Oct. 1 start of enrollment season for millions of uninsured Americans, the idea that getting health insurance could be as easy as shopping online at Amazon or Travelocity is starting to look like wishful thinking.
At least three major federal agencies, including the IRS, will scrutinize your application. Checking your identity, income and citizenship is supposed to happen in real time, if you apply online.
That's just the first part of the process, which lets you know if you qualify for financial help. The government asks to see what you're making because Obama's Affordable Care Act is means-tested, with lower-income people getting the most generous help to pay premiums.
Once you're finished with the money part, actually picking a health plan will require additional steps, plus a basic understanding of insurance jargon.
And it's a mandate, not a suggestion."
http://www.turnto23.com/lifestyle/health/appl...
Well that's just ridiculous! I didn't know THAT about the Affordable Care Act. I'm about to change my mind entirely on the whole affair! This makes me MAD!!

You mean we might have to fill out a form???!!
And we might actually have to know what our health insurance policy covers?!!???

Do they REALLY expect people to give a crap about their health and to actually pay attention to what they are spending their money on?!!

The NERVE of Obama! That's just un-American.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5926 Apr 4, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
What an imbecilic statement - the capital gains rate is available to all taxpayers - is it possible to make a statement more transparently disingenuous than that ?
Hey, the opportunity to get special tax treatment by investing in a hedge fund is available to all taxpayers.
Just prove your net worth exceeds $1,000,000.00 and you annual income exceeds $200,000.00 each of the last 2 years and will exceed $200,000.00 the current and future year.
So you see - All Americans can take advantage of lower tax rates for hedge fund investors.
The imbecilic statement is all yours. How many times do people have to explain how our tax system works. Yes, the capital gains rate is available to ALL taxpayers. Have you ever sold a house? Did you make a profit on the house? Guess what - YOU paid capital gains on the profit on that house. If you bought that house for $100,000 and sold it for $120,000, would you have rather paid $3,000 in taxes at a capital gains rate of 15% or $5,000-$5,600 if it was counted as income and depending on your overall income level.

And if your net worth exceeds $1,000,000, unless you are a Kennedy or some similar family, you didn't start out making that kind of money. Maybe you started from scratch and built a business that eventually was worth that after decades of hard work. And for every one of those years leading up to that you paid regular income tax on the money you worked hard for. Now you are reaping the rewards of all that hard work and are paying capital gains on investments that were made on money that you RISKED and had ALREADY paid taxes on once. WHY is this so hard for you to get through your head???
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#5927 Apr 4, 2013
Glorya wrote:
http://m.washingtonpost.com/bl ogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/03/can cer-clinics-are-turning-away-t housands-of-medicare-patients- blame-the-sequester/?hpid=z1
I'm guessing there may be no need for death panels.
Thank Republicans for that. The sequester would have been avoided if Republicans could have given an inch on increasing revenue from the very wealthiest amongst us. They are doing their job protecting the rich while others suffer and die.

Thanks Republicans! Good Job!
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#5928 Apr 4, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
Here's another

Biggest Golden Parachutes

ERIC MILLER / AP

... UnitedHealth Group Inc.'s McGuire received his thank yous in the form of stock options—$1.6 BILLION of them, to be exact—but he took some of them on the days the company's stock price hit yearly lows, profiting when the stocks went up again.

McGuire was asked to leave in October 2006 after federal prosecutors and the IRS requested documents concerning his stock options and executive compensation.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#5929 Apr 4, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's just ridiculous! I didn't know THAT about the Affordable Care Act. I'm about to change my mind entirely on the whole affair! This makes me MAD!!
You mean we might have to fill out a form???!!
And we might actually have to know what our health insurance policy covers?!!???
Do they REALLY expect people to give a crap about their health and to actually pay attention to what they are spending their money on?!!
The NERVE of Obama! That's just un-American.
I expect you're not as smart as a 5th grader so you can just skip it.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#5930 Apr 4, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank Republicans for that. The sequester would have been avoided if Republicans could have given an inch on increasing revenue from the very wealthiest amongst us. They are doing their job protecting the rich while others suffer and die.
I expect you're not as smart as a 5th grader so you can just skip it.
And this post proves it!
Bored

Commerce, GA

#5931 Apr 4, 2013
Published 2009.

"In the economic crisis, public hospitals are needed now more than ever. If you're down on your luck without insurance, the county hospital can be your last resort.

Recently thousands of letters went out across Las Vegas telling cancer patients that the only public hospital in the state was closing its outpatient clinic for chemotherapy.

It's the next thing in the recession - communities cutting back on services like schools or cops or public hospitals because tax revenues have fallen with the economy.

One of the charity patients who got that letter in Las Vegas is Helen Sharp, who didn't realize how a crash on Wall Street might threaten her life.

"I don't want to die. I shouldn't have to die. This is a county hospital. This is for people that, like me, many people have lost their insurance, have not any other resources. I mean I was a responsible person. I bought my house. I put money away. I raised my two children. And now I have nothing. You know my house isn't worth anything. I have no money. And I said 'What do I do, but what do all these other people do after me?''And they said we don't know,'" Sharp told 60 Minutes correspondent Scott Pelley."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-4917055...
Bored

Commerce, GA

#5932 Apr 4, 2013
Published 2012.

"Financial pressures are forcing some community cancer centers to close and others to make changes, including selling their practices to hospitals.

Experts say the trend is eroding cancer care and driving up costs because treatment is significantly less expensive at community centers than at hospitals.

A new report from the Community Oncology Alliance found that in less than five years, 241 clinics have closed across the country, including 10 in Ohio. None of those was in the Columbus area.

The alliance found that hundreds of practices are struggling financially, in large part because of Medicare reimbursement. Almost 400 have entered into agreements with hospitals because, in many cases, thats the only way they could stay afloat.

A study by Avalere Health showed that Medicare covered less than 60 percent of cancer-treatment costs in 2009"

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local...
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#5933 Apr 4, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
And another.

Am I still "full of it" ?

William W. McGuire
AKA William Wayne McGuire

Born: 1948
Birthplace: Troy, NY

Race or Ethnicity: White
Sexual orientation: Straight
Party Affiliation: Republican

Nationality: United States
Executive summary: CEO of UnitedHealth, 1992-2006

$1.1 BILLION GOLDEN PARACHUTE
upon leaving UnitedHealth.

Wife: Nadine (two children)

University: BA, University of Texas at Austin (1970)
Medical School: MD, University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston (1974)

Americans for Truth in Politics
BUSH-CHENEY '04
ELIZABETH DOLE Committee
Friends of GEORGE ALLEN
Friends of GUILANI Exploratory Committee
Friends of MARK FOLEY
GEORGE W. BUSH for PRESIDENT f
NATIONAL REPUBLICAN CONGRESSIONAL Committee
ROMNEY Victory Inc.
Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity

New!
NNDB MAPPER Create a map starting with William W. McGuire
Requires Flash 7+ and Javascript.

Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile

Copyright ©2012 Soylent Communications
Bored

Commerce, GA

#5934 Apr 4, 2013
Note the years of declining services are during Obama's term.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#5935 Apr 4, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Boring.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#5936 Apr 4, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
The imbecilic statement is all yours. How many times do people have to explain how our tax system works. Yes, the capital gains rate is available to ALL taxpayers. Have you ever sold a house? Did you make a profit on the house? Guess what - YOU paid capital gains on the profit on that house. If you bought that house for $100,000 and sold it for $120,000, would you have rather paid $3,000 in taxes at a capital gains rate of 15% or $5,000-$5,600 if it was counted as income and depending on your overall income level.
And if your net worth exceeds $1,000,000, unless you are a Kennedy or some similar family, you didn't start out making that kind of money. Maybe you started from scratch and built a business that eventually was worth that after decades of hard work. And for every one of those years leading up to that you paid regular income tax on the money you worked hard for. Now you are reaping the rewards of all that hard work and are paying capital gains on investments that were made on money that you RISKED and had ALREADY paid taxes on once. WHY is this so hard for you to get through your head???
He's Mr Hyperbolee.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#5937 Apr 4, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we sit back and watch this man and his policies tank our economy and destroy our healthcare system.
Bush tanked our economy. Please click on the link below. It's important that this information isn't forgotten if we hope to have intelligent conversations here.

http://www.online-stock-trading-guide.com/ima...
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we sit back and watch this man and his policies tank our economy and destroy our healthcare system.
The health care system was already destroyed.

http://chartingtheeconomy.com/wp-content/uplo...

It was the victim of an incurable disease: Greed. The PPACA measures are basically CPR. Sure there might be some growing pains, but it is absolutely necessary to begin treatment right now. Thank goodness Dr. Obama is working on the patient.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5938 Apr 4, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, you seem to forget that the sequestration was Obama's idea.
Second, while the sequestration takes $3 billion from Medicare, Obamacare takes $3 billion from Medicare this year. And guess what, next year Obamacare takes $41 billion from Medicare. Can't blame the Republicans for that - they tried to defeat this monstrosity.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#5939 Apr 4, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
Just one more ...

When the golden parachute rips.

... the short version of the story is that McGuire knowingly oversaw the backdating of a king's ransom in stock options and the Wall Street Journal exposed the story, leading to a government investigation of UnitedHealth, and later, many other companies.

Since the stock options were never disclosed, McGuire was caught in a pot of hot water and forced to resign in 2006--but not before receiving some $1.1 BILLION in exit pay in what many consider to be one of the largest "golden parachutes" issued in corporate history.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jesup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Sep 15 The WB 2,055
arrested in ludowici Sep 6 Anonymous 4
Muslim Compound near Odum? (May '07) Sep 5 Redneck 67
Community Yard Sale Ludowici Bank Sep 5 MaryP 1
Huge Yard Sale Sep 5 MaryP 1
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186
Anyone want a free dog? (Jan '12) Aug 30 Hailey rami 4
•••
•••
•••

Jesup Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Jesup People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Jesup News, Events & Info