Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
But you make some good points in my opinion.
But:
we would be just as safe from invasion by Iran's navy if we only had 5 nuclear task forces;
Just as safe from North Korea's Air Force without new 400 Million Dollar fighter jets;
Just as safe from the Chinese navy with only 10 nuclear powdered submarines with nuclear missiles that can destroy their country twice by threatening not to repay out Trillion Dollar debt to China if they tried to invade us.
Nobody says we don't need a War Department - we just don't need to destroy America to protect America.
Looney Toons.
gimme a break

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how well you have thought your whole premise through. You must remember that the United States is the worlds only super power. Why do we need to be a super power you may ask? Because the U.S. has more enemies than any other nation in the world. Think about how many countries would love to rule us and believe me they would start pumping the oil and gas out of this country like you wouldn't believe.
Also the U.S. has a very expensive shield. That shield covers the protection and defense of all the Free World and allies. Other countries do not have to spend as much on national defense as the good old U.S.A. protects them. What are the real numbers that the Russians, N. Koreans, and Chinese spend? I doubt that anyone actually knows for sure. Materials, labor, and pay of the Chinese military is much cheaper in China than here. I am sure that China's military is not feed, housed, or cared for anywhere near the level of our troops. That is a huge cost saver. China's research and military development is also much less costly since they are stealing our military secrets.
It is expensive and has many burdens being the worlds only super power. Like it or not that is how it is. I have a web site listed below that tries to give how much every country spends on national defense.
As for the rest of your statement Redneck can answer for himself.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/...
So where in the Constitution does it suggest that we be the caretaker of the planet?

We have more enemies because we continually stick our nose in other countries business or trying to mold some third world slime hole to or way of life, what a waste of money and lives.

You worry about China while spending large part of your spendable income of things made in China. China spends money made from US on education giving lots of people the mental tools to hack our most protected systems. We are letting our education system go to pot while building a new infrastructure in countries that only want our money, Iraq and Afghanistan. How many people have died in those crap holes and for what, thatís a question.

I agree, we are the only superpower, so why keep growing our arsenel. To keep the military industrial complex in business, its all about the money.

EVERY county in the history of the world that attempted to rule the word has failed because of that attempt. We are now seeing that happen here. We have spent and borrowed in our attempt to rule the world and now we are deep in debt and canít even defeat a couple of third world countries.

Itís time love our county for what it does at home and not for being the bully to the world, its time to stop this madness.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how well you have thought your whole premise through. You must remember that the United States is the worlds only super power. Why do we need to be a super power you may ask? Because the U.S. has more enemies than any other nation in the world. Think about how many countries would love to rule us and believe me they would start pumping the oil and gas out of this country like you wouldn't believe.
Also the U.S. has a very expensive shield. That shield covers the protection and defense of all the Free World and allies. Other countries do not have to spend as much on national defense as the good old U.S.A. protects them. What are the real numbers that the Russians, N. Koreans, and Chinese spend? I doubt that anyone actually knows for sure. Materials, labor, and pay of the Chinese military is much cheaper in China than here. I am sure that China's military is not feed, housed, or cared for anywhere near the level of our troops. That is a huge cost saver. China's research and military development is also much less costly since they are stealing our military secrets.
It is expensive and has many burdens being the worlds only super power. Like it or not that is how it is. I have a web site listed below that tries to give how much every country spends on national defense.
As for the rest of your statement Redneck can answer for himself.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/...
Why doesn't the U.S.A. charge everyone for protection and aid? Like security gaurd companies charges to patrol a business. That would me our military self sustaining and would dramatically cut our national debt. I'd at least have them take it off our tab or protect themselves.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Why doesn't the U.S.A. charge everyone for protection and aid? Like security gaurd companies charges to patrol a business. That would me our military self sustaining and would dramatically cut our national debt. I'd at least have them take it off our tab or protect themselves.

That could be a good idea as I mentioned in Post 4704. It makes sense and it is practical. It would be a real cost saver to the taxpayers.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That could be a good idea as I mentioned in Post 4704. It makes sense and it is practical. It would be a real cost saver to the taxpayers.
That's why in one of my previous posts I said the national debt is real, but it's not like anyone's going to come collecting. We feed and protect half the dam world.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

gimme a break wrote:
<quoted text>So where in the Constitution does it suggest that we be the caretaker of the planet?

We have more enemies because we continually stick our nose in other countries business or trying to mold some third world slime hole to or way of life, what a waste of money and lives.

You worry about China while spending large part of your spendable income of things made in China. China spends money made from US on education giving lots of people the mental tools to hack our most protected systems. We are letting our education system go to pot while building a new infrastructure in countries that only want our money, Iraq and Afghanistan. How many people have died in those crap holes and for what, that’s a question.

I agree, we are the only superpower, so why keep growing our arsenel. To keep the military industrial complex in business, its all about the money.

EVERY county in the history of the world that attempted to rule the word has failed because of that attempt. We are now seeing that happen here. We have spent and borrowed in our attempt to rule the world and now we are deep in debt and can’t even defeat a couple of third world countries.

It’s time love our county for what it does at home and not for being the bully to the world, its time to stop this madness.
Great post.

Here's a news flash for the Right Wing.

Anyone who has traveled in Muslim countries know that the vast majority of Muslims could not care less about the USA.

They want to live a decent life, raise their kids, and retire some day without starving.

The same is true for the Hindus, Sikhs, Pagans, and those who worship No. 2 Pencils, the Chinese, the Russians, the Antiguans, the Chileans, the Australians; and every other country.

Only Americans are so vain they think the rest of the world cares about us so so so so much.

I wonder if my children will live at least one decade of their lives when America isn't illegally invading, bombing, killing, or torturing somewhere, instead of building our own nation and caring for our own people.

It's the Right Wing press that keeps spreading the idiotic fear of anyone whose not a Right Wing American Fundamentalist Christian Fanatic.

Why are so many Americans so quick to tremble in terror everyone the people who have always been wrong preach their predictably ludicrous fear mongering.

The CIA lied for 20 years claiming the Soviets were so strong and dangerous, when in reality they couldn't even keep their trucks running;

Johnson/Nixon and the gang lied about the Gulf of Tonkin incident and everything else, to lie us deeper in the Vietnam War - which they knew was in unwinnable;

Reagan lied about Nicaragua to lie us into bribing, assassinating, and secretly invading that sovereign country;

Bush 1, the ex-CIA chief lied about CIA asset Noriega to lie us into invading Panama;

Bush 2 lied about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq to lie us info that war;

Damn, put on your big boy pants and stop fearing the rest of he world.

Will the Right Wingers ever learn ?,
or is vicariously playing cowboy while sitting on the couch drinking PBR beer so much fun they just don't care ?
bored

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Where you reckon Sinergy & Stuart ran off to? Hopefully, spending time with their beloved spouses. Dear me, the times we live in.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

bored wrote:
Where you reckon Sinergy & Stuart ran off to? Hopefully, spending time with their beloved spouses. Dear me, the times we live in.
not to worry dear,just a minor case of writers' block.i think it was brought on by me trying to imagine you trying to ride a unicycle backwards.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

bored wrote:
I've also had a bad case of bronchitis which causes me to spell and type badly.thanks for the concern though-I wouldn't have that you would miss me so much.
southy706

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Ron Paul
Bored

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>not to worry dear,just a minor case of writers' block.i think it was brought on by me trying to imagine you trying to ride a unicycle backwards.
That would be Informed Opinion who rides a unicycle backwards-in circles.
Bored

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post.
Here's a news flash for the Right Wing.
Anyone who has traveled in Muslim countries know that the vast majority of Muslims could not care less about the USA.
They want to live a decent life, raise their kids, and retire some day without starving.
The same is true for the Hindus, Sikhs, Pagans, and those who worship No. 2 Pencils, the Chinese, the Russians, the Antiguans, the Chileans, the Australians; and every other country.
Only Americans are so vain they think the rest of the world cares about us so so so so much.
I wonder if my children will live at least one decade of their lives when America isn't illegally invading, bombing, killing, or torturing somewhere, instead of building our own nation and caring for our own people.
It's the Right Wing press that keeps spreading the idiotic fear of anyone whose not a Right Wing American Fundamentalist Christian Fanatic.
Why are so many Americans so quick to tremble in terror everyone the people who have always been wrong preach their predictably ludicrous fear mongering.
The CIA lied for 20 years claiming the Soviets were so strong and dangerous, when in reality they couldn't even keep their trucks running;
Johnson/Nixon and the gang lied about the Gulf of Tonkin incident and everything else, to lie us deeper in the Vietnam War - which they knew was in unwinnable;
Reagan lied about Nicaragua to lie us into bribing, assassinating, and secretly invading that sovereign country;
Bush 1, the ex-CIA chief lied about CIA asset Noriega to lie us into invading Panama;
Bush 2 lied about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq to lie us info that war;
Damn, put on your big boy pants and stop fearing the rest of he world.
Will the Right Wingers ever learn ?,
or is vicariously playing cowboy while sitting on the couch drinking PBR beer so much fun they just don't care ?
Boring.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>not to worry dear,just a minor case of writers' block.i think it was brought on by me trying to imagine you trying to ride a unicycle backwards.
I'm around. It's just the same stuff over and over.....wisdom from the conservatives and crap from the libs.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm around. It's just the same stuff over and over.....wisdom from the conservatives and crap from the libs.
Don't be mad that you're the minority little girl.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be mad that you're the minority little girl.....
Mad? I'm not mad, little boy. If I am in the minority, never have I been prouder to BE in the minority.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

southy706 wrote:
Ron Paul
confess not knowing a lot about paul,but from some of the comments made by jeb bush lately,i think that he may be entertaining that notion.he seems to be trying to distance himself from some of the more conservative ideas of the party.he has criticized romneys campaign and some of the other policies that have hurt the republicans in the last two elections.not saying that I would vote for him,but if he could convince the voters that he is not just a George w. with a brain,he could give the dems a run.but I kinda doubt the party(as it is now)would nominate him.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Mad? I'm not mad, little boy. If I am in the minority, never have I been prouder to BE in the minority.
Bless your heart....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Bless your heart....
On the contrary....bless YOURS.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

And Sarah Palin is still looking sexy to me:

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/5126-palin-...
patty day

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Palin, Condeleeza, Christie, Biden, Cuomo, and Jeb Bush would be wasting their time. The thought of a 3rd Bush is JUST dreadful. Rubio, nah. I don't care for Michelle Obama at all, but all the staunch democrats do...as do ALL the poorest counties in the nation. I'd have to update my passport and work in the tropics somewhere. I ain't lying. Hillary would win BIG over any of the above. She don't play and she's a workaholic. We all know Bill was really the first black president.
I suggest we start raising some big bucks for James Dennis. I just love that man. He has more sense than all of the above! James Dennis for POTUS!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jesup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
arrested in ludowici 8 min That Guy 2
Muslim Compound near Odum? (May '07) Aug 13 FYI 65
New to Area Jul 27 Yeller Jacket 4
Lonnie's Auto Repair Jul '14 Yeller Jacket 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul '14 what 2,045
Ludowici Politics (Dec '11) Jul '14 Long County TRUTH 27
Ludowici reinstates police chief Jun '14 oh okay 2

Search the Jesup Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Jesup Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jesup People Search