Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#4532 Mar 6, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
How about a little support for Sen. Rand Paul and his filibuster of Brennan to be CIA Director.
Paul is wrong on economic issues, but he is absolutely correct on this one.
Right for once.
Anonymous

Decatur, GA

#4533 Mar 6, 2013
Ten hours and still going.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#4534 Mar 6, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>Right for once.
I feel better knowing I am boring when I am right, and boring when I am wrong.

At least it helps me understand its not the substance, but the presentation that's boring.

Since: Jul 12

Winston, GA

#4536 Mar 6, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
How about a little support for Sen. Rand Paul and his filibuster of Brennan to be CIA Director.
Paul is wrong on economic issues, but he is absolutely correct on this one.
I don't agree with you thinking that Paul is wrong on the economic issues but you and I see this filibuster the same way as you. Are you amazed?
I actually posted an article on the U.S. uses of drones in the U.S. and it didn't get the attention that it deserved. Only a few responded and their responses were vague and some were just out in la la land.
No American should be killed by a drone or any other means, assassinated, in this country for any alleged crime unless they are arrested and given a fair trial. I said fair not tried by the media or a few elite government heads.
In my other post I used an example of how would you like to be sitting at home watching tv and the government has you listed falsely as a terrorist and they blow you and your house up with a missile from a drone. It would kill you, your family and maybe even your next door neighbors. Sounds a little far out and extreme but that is exactly what is happening overseas.
This man Brennen seems to think that just maybe the end justifies the means. BTW did you see Holder being questioned by the Congressional Committee today? They had to almost horse whip him to say that drones wouldn't be used to kill Americans in the United States. He finally said they wouldn't, but nobody believes him after watching his testimony.
All of this should start to even make you wonder what this Administration is up to and it should worry you. Speeches by Obama about transparency and justice for all doesn't change the facts. There is something really starting to smell bad about the whole scheme of things.
Chicken Little

Blairsville, GA

#4537 Mar 6, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
One MUST also include UNIONS when complaining about companies hiring cheap labor. Unions price themselves out of the market by holding their companies hostage until they get their way. I am guessing there are MANY working class Americans who would LOVE to earn the wages that the union workers are receiving, but still aren't happy with. Without unions, the playing field for American workers would be equal. Politicians get millions in contributions from Union lobbiests. I realize we are talking about illegals, but we are also talking about jobs and cheap labor.
Damn, I actually agree with you for once. I'll have to slap myself.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4538 Mar 6, 2013
Chicken Little wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, I actually agree with you for once. I'll have to slap myself.
Oh! Let me, let me!!!!! lol

Since: Jul 12

Winston, GA

#4539 Mar 6, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with you thinking that Paul is wrong on the economic issues but you and I see this filibuster the same way as you. Are you amazed?
I actually posted an article on the U.S. uses of drones in the U.S. and it didn't get the attention that it deserved. Only a few responded and their responses were vague and some were just out in la la land.
No American should be killed by a drone or any other means, assassinated, in this country for any alleged crime unless they are arrested and given a fair trial. I said fair not tried by the media or a few elite government heads.
In my other post I used an example of how would you like to be sitting at home watching tv and the government has you listed falsely as a terrorist and they blow you and your house up with a missile from a drone. It would kill you, your family and maybe even your next door neighbors. Sounds a little far out and extreme but that is exactly what is happening overseas.
This man Brennen seems to think that just maybe the end justifies the means. BTW did you see Holder being questioned by the Congressional Committee today? They had to almost horse whip him to say that drones wouldn't be used to kill Americans in the United States. He finally said they wouldn't, but nobody believes him after watching his testimony.
All of this should start to even make you wonder what this Administration is up to and it should worry you. Speeches by Obama about transparency and justice for all doesn't change the facts. There is something really starting to smell bad about the whole scheme of things.

I hate to do this but right is right. I must correct myself as I was wrong to say holder finally said that this administration would not use a drone strike on an American Citizen in the United States. I stand corrected. He said Obama has the authority to use drones to kill Americans under certain circumstances.
Sorry folks but I don't care how much you love Obama, no man should ever have that type of trust and power or the right to just trample on our Constitution. If all of this doesn't frighten you then there is no sense of survival fear in you. You are just easy prey.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/bar...

Since: Jul 12

Winston, GA

#4540 Mar 6, 2013
Here is a better article of what was said today at Holders hearing on the use of drones. It is CNN so you left leaning people can also read it.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/05/politics/obama-...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4541 Mar 6, 2013
And can someone please explain what the Dept of Homeland Security needs with 2700 mine resistant armored vehicles? I really hate to go into conspiracy theorist mode, but it is getting hard NOT to with some of the things this administration is up to. Stockpiling ammo, armored vehicles, talk of domestic use of drones, attacks on the 2nd amendment.....

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4542 Mar 6, 2013
Good Grief, do we actually have a consensus of opinion on Rand's filibuster of Brennan?
Gestapo

Dahlonega, GA

#4543 Mar 6, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
And can someone please explain what the Dept of Homeland Security needs with 2700 mine resistant armored vehicles? I really hate to go into conspiracy theorist mode, but it is getting hard NOT to with some of the things this administration is up to. Stockpiling ammo, armored vehicles, talk of domestic use of drones, attacks on the 2nd amendment.....

To fulfill Obama's gestapo tactics.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#4545 Mar 7, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't agree with you thinking that Paul is wrong on the economic issues but you and I see this filibuster the same way as you. Are you amazed?
I actually posted an article on the U.S. uses of drones in the U.S. and it didn't get the attention that it deserved. Only a few responded and their responses were vague and some were just out in la la land.
No American should be killed by a drone or any other means, assassinated, in this country for any alleged crime unless they are arrested and given a fair trial. I said fair not tried by the media or a few elite government heads.
In my other post I used an example of how would you like to be sitting at home watching tv and the government has you listed falsely as a terrorist and they blow you and your house up with a missile from a drone. It would kill you, your family and maybe even your next door neighbors. Sounds a little far out and extreme but that is exactly what is happening overseas.
This man Brennen seems to think that just maybe the end justifies the means. BTW did you see Holder being questioned by the Congressional Committee today? They had to almost horse whip him to say that drones wouldn't be used to kill Americans in the United States. He finally said they wouldn't, but nobody believes him after watching his testimony.
All of this should start to even make you wonder what this Administration is up to and it should worry you. Speeches by Obama about transparency and justice for all doesn't change the facts. There is something really starting to smell bad about the whole scheme of things.
Rand Paul is right on this one, and I am glad Ron Wyden stood side by side with him. Right Wingers and Left Wingers can both be right on many issues.

It makes me wonder why people are so blinded by their political prejudices.

Obama is simply continuing the wrong-headed illegal and unconstitutional policies Bush and Cheney started.

It was wrong-headed, illegal, and unconstitutional for Bush, and it's wrong-headed, illegal, and unconstitutional for Obama.

They both are corporate tools on many issues who take advantage of the the extremes in both parties keeping reasonable people from exercising control.

Brennan is a war criminal who should be extradited to face trial for the tortures, kidnapping, and murders the CIA did under his watch for the last 25 years.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#4546 Mar 7, 2013
Gestapo wrote:
<quoted text>To fulfill Obama's gestapo tactics.
They may be Obama's tactics now - but were you bitching and moaning when Bush and Cheney started them ?

If so, good for you. Welcome to the land of reason.
uninformed opinion

Anniston, AL

#4547 Mar 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
They may be Obama's tactics now - but were you bitching and moaning when Bush and Cheney started them ?
If so, good for you. Welcome to the land of reason.
my question has been answered. Its still Bush's fault? u r that stoopid.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4548 Mar 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
They may be Obama's tactics now - but were you bitching and moaning when Bush and Cheney started them ?
If so, good for you. Welcome to the land of reason.
WHY is this important NOW? If the poster says, "yes", he'll be called a liar. If he says, "no", he'll be called a George Bush lover and Obama hater. WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES THIS MAKE NOW????? We are concerned about what is happening NOW, TODAY. Can YOU get past Bush????? The other libs can't. Perhaps YOU can't either. Whether or not someone bitched during the Bush years has absolutely NO affect on NOW. All the PAST bitching in the world is not going to change anything NOW. BTW, government corruption did NOT start with Bush. Sheesh.......
all that

Cornelia, GA

#4549 Mar 7, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
One MUST also include UNIONS when complaining about companies hiring cheap labor. Unions price themselves out of the market by holding their companies hostage until they get their way. I am guessing there are MANY working class Americans who would LOVE to earn the wages that the union workers are receiving, but still aren't happy with. Without unions, the playing field for American workers would be equal. Politicians get millions in contributions from Union lobbiests. I realize we are talking about illegals, but we are also talking about jobs and cheap labor.
Your dislike for the common man is showing AGAIN. Without Unions we would have NO middle class, argue that point. Corporations took advantage of workers until over time Unions stopped it. Corporations allowed Unions to gain advantage during the boom years when lots of money was flowing and made no real attempt to correct the mistake until the great recession. You seem to fault Unions for wanting wage increases, please give me the name of anyone who doesn't want just that. Unions have taken a huge hit recently, one that needed to be made. In some cases governments have in my opinion treated their union workers in a terrible way taking away things that were promised, just to gain public support and votes. A lot of those government jobs did not pay that well, but the benefits made it worthwhile. Not much difference from paying into a program like social security vs. getting paid less to be part of a program government with promised benefits. Just proves government has no problem taking away what it has agreed to give, if itís politically advantageous to them. If the numbers worked in the politicians favor Social Security would be gone today! You should be very happy, over the last 20 years spendable income for middle American has declined, while your rich idols has increased, a lot.

Politicians take millions of dollars from ANYONE, not just Unions! They are an equal opportunity offender on both sides, you got the cash, you got a politicians attention. Today thanks to the current Supreme Court its possible for one person to get a candidate elected on a national level. And you wonít even know for sure who that person is, money is no problem. Georgia politicians for once have done something good,just recently. They have severely limiting what can be given by lobbiests and making it public record. One of the few things in recent memory they have done that made any sense. The feds need to do the same thing, but they won't as long as abortion, Mexicans, church in government and guns is all anyone seems to care about.

Now exactly whose fault is all that??
Monstermoneysave r78

Valdosta, GA

#4550 Mar 7, 2013
I think you all need to watch the movie untold history of United states by oliver stone and that will give you guys some insight.
On the side note
If you want to save money around valdosta please visit

http://www.monstermoneysaver.com
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#4551 Mar 7, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
Loved a quote from Mary Matalin when talking about Democrat scare tactics and the sequester, their "sky is falling" pronouncements are "predicated on the presumptive ignorance of the american people." So very sad and so very true, just look at the election results.
As an independent voter I've always been for the sequestor since its inseption. Best part about it is that the big tax breaks for wealthy expire, military full of pork and kickbacks cut moderately, Justice department which includes the DEA cut more than moderatly. A very very good deal for all Americans except those who have offshore bank accounts and good connections with Boeing, Haliburton, Gruman Corp., etc.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#4552 Mar 7, 2013
all that wrote:
<quoted text>
Your dislike for the common man is showing AGAIN. Without Unions we would have NO middle class, argue that point. Corporations took advantage of workers until over time Unions stopped it. Corporations allowed Unions to gain advantage during the boom years when lots of money was flowing and made no real attempt to correct the mistake until the great recession. You seem to fault Unions for wanting wage increases, please give me the name of anyone who doesn't want just that. Unions have taken a huge hit recently, one that needed to be made. In some cases governments have in my opinion treated their union workers in a terrible way taking away things that were promised, just to gain public support and votes. A lot of those government jobs did not pay that well, but the benefits made it worthwhile. Not much difference from paying into a program like social security vs. getting paid less to be part of a program government with promised benefits. Just proves government has no problem taking away what it has agreed to give, if itís politically advantageous to them. If the numbers worked in the politicians favor Social Security would be gone today! You should be very happy, over the last 20 years spendable income for middle American has declined, while your rich idols has increased, a lot.
Politicians take millions of dollars from ANYONE, not just Unions! They are an equal opportunity offender on both sides, you got the cash, you got a politicians attention. Today thanks to the current Supreme Court its possible for one person to get a candidate elected on a national level. And you wonít even know for sure who that person is, money is no problem. Georgia politicians for once have done something good,just recently. They have severely limiting what can be given by lobbiests and making it public record. One of the few things in recent memory they have done that made any sense. The feds need to do the same thing, but they won't as long as abortion, Mexicans, church in government and guns is all anyone seems to care about.
Now exactly whose fault is all that??
Very strange how these republicans blame labor unions! Unions have been declining in membership for the past 30 years. Now Bibb City textile workers( non-union) lost their jobs to Mexico because Corp. America did'nt want to keep paying them a barely liveable wage in the 60,s and 70's of 3.25 an hour. No, no labor unions here but pure evil greed on the part of CEO's and their supporters.Now most republicans would'nt work for minimum wage but they expect you to do their manual labor for that or if they could for less. The minimum wage will be increased to 9.00 an hour and all these whinny republicans will have to accept it. Also they ARE going to pay more in tax cause WE plan on taking from the greedy b-stards.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#4554 Mar 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Rand Paul is right on this one, and I am glad Ron Wyden stood side by side with him. Right Wingers and Left Wingers can both be right on many issues.
It makes me wonder why people are so blinded by their political prejudices.
Obama is simply continuing the wrong-headed illegal and unconstitutional policies Bush and Cheney started.
It was wrong-headed, illegal, and unconstitutional for Bush, and it's wrong-headed, illegal, and unconstitutional for Obama.
They both are corporate tools on many issues who take advantage of the the extremes in both parties keeping reasonable people from exercising control.
Brennan is a war criminal who should be extradited to face trial for the tortures, kidnapping, and murders the CIA did under his watch for the last 25 years.
I don't know if Brannen is a war criminal or not. He has never been charged and tried. Also he did not run the CIA for 25 years.
You are dead on correct about the rest of your statement. I don't care what party is in power or who the potus is, they have no right to stomp all over the constitutional rights of American citizens. I don't think there are very many reasonable people in Washington or even in local politics. Just look at the way they are going after the law abiding citizens guns. It is being done state by state. The elite will have protection but the common man that these do gooder politicians are always spouting off about that they know best for us, is going to leave the common man unarmed and defenseless. Why are they so afraid of us? Is it because they are screwing us and they are afraid we will get tired of it?
Now we may be inadvertently killed by a hellfire missile if we are near someone on a hit list. Who knows we could be put on a hit list and know nothing about it, as we haven't done anything wrong.
Where does this insanity end? Seems as if common sense is no longer common.
One last point is that something must be done to pull this economy out of this terrible unemployment rut. I think that a lot of this fanfare over what I have just discussed is also a cover to keep the unemployment and economic issues from being discussed. We can talk about anything but don't talk about our economy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jesup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muslim Compound near Odum? (May '07) 1 hr Local Hunter 70
HIgh-profile murder cases on trial in 2009 (Feb '09) Thu Becky 3
Savanna curtis security at walmart Dec 11 Justice 1
Looking for male CKC German Shepherd to breed w... Dec 10 redheadredneck1990 1
Buy Georgia White Dirt (Jan '13) Dec 6 Dirt lady 8
Anyone want a free dog? (Jan '12) Dec 1 slim 5
Halloween! Nov '14 Iceman1 2
Jesup Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jesup People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jesup News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jesup

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:02 am PST

NBC Sports10:02AM
Julio Jones, Steven Jackson questionable for Sunday
NBC Sports10:26 AM
Panthers RB Williams probable vs. Falcons - NBC Sports
ESPN10:41 AM
Panthers RB Stewart gets nod vs. Falcons
NBC Sports11:09 AM
Falcons boosted by Julio Jones' return to practice - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 9:11 AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Panthers