possum

United States

#3636 Feb 19, 2013
soros wrote:
<quoted text> You can't eat gold. Gold won't keep you warm. Gold will not protect you from harm. Food & fresh water will be worth far more than silver or gold.
You can't eat paper dollars either.The reason you buy gold and silver is to protect you from a currency colapse and inflation.Gold and silver act as a store of wealth until a new currency emerges or it can be used as money its self.Gold and silver are real money and paper money is a money substitute.Gold and silver have been money for over 6000 years and it's value has never went to zero.The dollar on the other hand has been around about 200 years.Paper currencys come and go,but gold and silver have stood the test of time.
possum

United States

#3637 Feb 19, 2013
Golds record vs. the dollar is clear- in 1965 a ounce of gold cost 35 dollars, or looking at it another way the dollar was worth 1/35th of a ounce of gold.Today that same ounce of gold traded for about $1,608 per ounce and that dollar is now worth 1/1600th of a ounce of gold.GOLD HAS BEEN THE CLEAR WINNER!!!
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

#3638 Feb 19, 2013
possum wrote:
<quoted text>You can't eat paper dollars either.The reason you buy gold and silver is to protect you from a currency colapse and inflation.Gold and silver act as a store of wealth until a new currency emerges or it can be used as money its self.Gold and silver are real money and paper money is a money substitute.Gold and silver have been money for over 6000 years and it's value has never went to zero.The dollar on the other hand has been around about 200 years.Paper currencys come and go,but gold and silver have stood the test of time.
The time to have purchased gold and other precious metals was years go. It was cheap than and its value has increased over the years. Pretty expensive now.
If the worse comes, then it is also very possible that the government might confiscate (steal), your precious metals as they did in the 1930's making it illegal for citizens to own gold. Actually the government has all the bases covered and there is very little the average citizen can do to protect him or herself from financial ruin.
A law passed under the Bush Administration gives the government a right to have a government Agent during a declared national emergency open your safety deposit boxes and search them for precious metals and confiscate them.
Anybody have a shovel?
soros

Atlanta, GA

#3639 Feb 19, 2013
possum wrote:
<quoted text>You can't eat paper dollars either.The reason you buy gold and silver is to protect you from a currency colapse and inflation.Gold and silver act as a store of wealth until a new currency emerges or it can be used as money its self.Gold and silver are real money and paper money is a money substitute.Gold and silver have been money for over 6000 years and it's value has never went to zero.The dollar on the other hand has been around about 200 years.Paper currencys come and go,but gold and silver have stood the test of time.
I'm aware printed money will be worthless. It's almost there now.
possum

United States

#3640 Feb 19, 2013
runninghot wrote:
<quoted text> The time to have purchased gold and other precious metals was years go. It was cheap than and its value has increased over the years. Pretty expensive now.
If the worse comes, then it is also very possible that the government might confiscate (steal), your precious metals as they did in the 1930's making it illegal for citizens to own gold. Actually the government has all the bases covered and there is very little the average citizen can do to protect him or herself from financial ruin.
A law passed under the Bush Administration gives the government a right to have a government Agent during a declared national emergency open your safety deposit boxes and search them for precious metals and confiscate them.
Anybody have a shovel?
Gold and silver are also one of the few investments that you can buy and sell for CASH!!!NO PAPER TRAIL!!You can buy and sell them and THEY NEVER ASK FOR A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AS LONG AS YOU KEEP TRANSACTIONS UNDER $10,000!!SCREW THE IRS AND THE TREASONIOUS BASTARDS IN GOVERNMENT!!!DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICAINS!!!
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

#3641 Feb 19, 2013
possum wrote:
<quoted text>Gold and silver are also one of the few investments that you can buy and sell for CASH!!!NO PAPER TRAIL!!You can buy and sell them and THEY NEVER ASK FOR A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AS LONG AS YOU KEEP TRANSACTIONS UNDER $10,000!!SCREW THE IRS AND THE TREASONIOUS BASTARDS IN GOVERNMENT!!!DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICAINS!!!
I think that the Feds demand by law that any purchase or transaction now over $500.00 must be reported to them. This way they can keep up with the amount of money that you have and are spending. They use this for tax purposes,capital gains, and for tracking supposed illegal money. It used to be $10,000.00 but I am pretty sure that has changed to $500.00. I hope I am wrong.
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

#3642 Feb 19, 2013
I think I have the straight poop on the whole thing now.
http://www.shtfplan.com/precious-metals/gover...

Like I said the government is trying to box everything in real tight. We are in a no win situation.
possum

United States

#3643 Feb 19, 2013
runninghot wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that the Feds demand by law that any purchase or transaction now over $500.00 must be reported to them. This way they can keep up with the amount of money that you have and are spending. They use this for tax purposes,capital gains, and for tracking supposed illegal money. It used to be $10,000.00 but I am pretty sure that has changed to $500.00. I hope I am wrong.
The $500 provision you are refering to was $600 and was a provision in Obama care, but was striped out and was not passed in the final law.
possum

United States

#3645 Feb 19, 2013
runninghot wrote:
I think I have the straight poop on the whole thing now.
http://www.shtfplan.com/precious-metals/gover...
Like I said the government is trying to box everything in real tight. We are in a no win situation.
This article is old news!!This was never passed in the final Obamacare law.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3646 Feb 19, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
driving me nuts
Fitzgerald, GA
I don't know what you are talking about me being in denial. My line about debit and credit cards WAS A JOKE! Sheesh
have you checked the royal canadian mint, lately.they actually offer some great 20 for 20 (dollar,face value)
Silver Eagles are the way they are because it's a no questions asked kind of thing about them, so there are the Silver Eagles, then older US 90% silver coins, and then all others and there are many others.
People will happily pay the premium for the eagles, and then there's is the fact that certain dates from past years have soared in price.
Off topic...I know. Just a question about Ellijay. Isn't the Whitepath Resort there?
The Whitepath Golf Course was always a good one to play in times past, but as to a Resort you may be thinking of the Coosawatee River Resort. CRR has fallen on hard times and apparently has many problems. Vulture type investors are active in the area. The largest property owner in CRR is reported to be bankrupt.
However, I'm very optimistic about Ellijay going forward simply because of the rivers and all that water they have. Atlanta has a big thirst and so something may happen about
that. Many fed-up Atlanta corporations could relocate to the area and their employees would be much happier.
Some of us see the how it is and are ahead of the game in many respects.
Whitepath has a hotel, right? The reason I am asking is because a friend of mine works there and her father built the place. I haven't seen her in years and I've never been there. I was just wondering if it's still there.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3647 Feb 19, 2013
In opening you say how it would serve you well to keep it on the down low of your stockpiling of guns and ammunition. To the point of saying it's unwise to order ammunition online. Yet in your previous posts you go on and on about how well you're prepared and how they'll have to kill you to take them away. Let me give you some advice my friend; that is not "keeping it on the down low". It would probally serve you well in the future to invoke your right to remain silent. If you don't think that someone isn't monitoring this; you are the one that is niave, stupid, or clueless. My guess they may be stockpiling weapons for another civil war; no doubt lead by nuts like you. Good Day and God Bless.
possum

United States

#3648 Feb 19, 2013

Location hidden

#3650 Feb 19, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
In opening you say how it would serve you well to keep it on the down low of your stockpiling of guns and ammunition. To the point of saying it's unwise to order ammunition online. Yet in your previous posts you go on and on about how well you're prepared and how they'll have to kill you to take them away. Let me give you some advice my friend; that is not "keeping it on the down low". It would probally serve you well in the future to invoke your right to remain silent. If you don't think that someone isn't monitoring this; you are the one that is niave, stupid, or clueless. My guess they may be stockpiling weapons for another civil war; no doubt lead by nuts like you. Good Day and God Bless.
You need to get somebody to explain to you what the legal concept of being 'grandfathered' is. But that's just part of it. I'm not going to lay it all out for you in detail because it would be over your head, and then you would just come up with more BS because you actually ARE one that doesn't know your a$$ from a hole in the ground.
I've got my $hit together. You need to worry about your own. There's not anything that you need to warn me about because you're not that smart. Like YOU are going to tell me a lot of things that I don't know. Get a grip punk.
And I'm not alone in saying that I won't give up my guns. Millions of Americans feel the same way, and the Constitution is not dead - yet.
The ones that 'go on and on' are the real nut cases like you.
Fire again - chump. Good Day and God Bless Your A$$, or God Bless You - A$$, in this case.
When I read the replies posted to you from the naysayers, I can't help but recall the fable: The Ant and the Grasshopper. Know what I mean?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3652 Feb 19, 2013
OMTE wrote:
You really have anger issues. It's scary to think there is alot mental cases like you running around with guns. Weirdo....
It's scary to think that people that have no clue as to what is going on in this country get to vote...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3653 Feb 19, 2013
Oh yeah, I posted as Bill, it's too far of a drive to post on Synergy's computer...
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

#3655 Feb 19, 2013
possum wrote:
<quoted text>The $500 provision you are refering to was $600 and was a provision in Obama care, but was striped out and was not passed in the final law.
Everything that I have looked up on the internet says that you are wrong and that anytime you sell gold it has to be reported to the feds. They want tax on it. Thanks to the ObamaCare Bill, Gold will be taxed as it will be reported starting Jan.1, 2012. Anything or any service for more than $600.00 shall be reported to the government.
You wouldn't be a Obama supporter trying to hide what he did to all the people that purchased precious metals would you? He has screwed them. No selling your metals in secret anymore.

http://www.ehow.com/info_7917671_government-b...

Location hidden

#3657 Feb 19, 2013
White Raven
Thanks for the link. That IS the place I was asking you about. I DO love north GA. I am much more familiar with the Lake Rabun area. I spend quite a bit of time there during the warmer months.

BigDave1 posted a few times about the govt. buying up ammo and he received the same type of replies you have. Astounding!
runninghot

Winston, GA

#3658 Feb 20, 2013
possum wrote:
<quoted text>The $500 provision you are refering to was $600 and was a provision in Obama care, but was striped out and was not passed in the final law.
I just called a dealer in numismatics and was told that they will deal in cash only. No names or S.S. numbers. You are correct on that part, but I was told that it was up to me if I wanted to pay taxes on it. So there must be some type of tax law that makes it capital gain. Being an honest upright American citizen I would always want to pay my fair share. The coin dealer doesn't have that much cash on hand so they would have to write a check. Hmmm, checks are very traceable so one would have to sell very small amounts at a time. This would mean a lot of trips back and forth to the coin dealer. I think we are both right on this one. You are supposed to report it to the government but you don't have to unless you get caught, or get paid by check.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#3660 Feb 20, 2013
soros wrote:
<quoted text> You can't eat gold. Gold won't keep you warm. Gold will not protect you from harm. Food & fresh water will be worth far more than silver or gold.
In the worst case senario, during complete caos cause the government can't make it's payroll, the only option is to prepare now with a well hidden hide-out stocked with guns ammo food water to last about 6 months. Hopefully by then the national guard will be able to restore law and order and deliver trucks loaded with food and water. This fast food generation by then will have wiped over half theirselves out by rampaging thru the neighborhood killing and being killed fighting over whatever food and water they can find. Now I am speaking in the worst case senario which I presently am not prepared for but am planning soon. Hopefully this won't happen the mis quoted greatest generation ever, which they were'nt had to go thru a bad depression and this next one will be worst. It could be God's way of punishing a worst continuing and thankless society of folks with the me,me,me mentality.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#3661 Feb 20, 2013
I might add that if you have complete trust in God you probably don't need a gun, but you are not going to ride out this storm sitting in your living room in any town USA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jesup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Tue tammy101 2,072
local business Sep 27 a jesup customer 1
Larry Jenkins getting a retrial? Sep 24 Total Recall 1
arrested in ludowici Sep 6 Anonymous 4
Muslim Compound near Odum? (May '07) Sep 5 Redneck 67
Community Yard Sale Ludowici Bank Sep 5 MaryP 1
Huge Yard Sale Sep 5 MaryP 1
Jesup Dating
Find my Match

Jesup Jobs

Jesup People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jesup News, Events & Info