|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Larry Swanson wrote:
<quoted text>For a sturdy fence or structure, start with level, properly set posts. Whether your posts are for a fence to protect a vegetable garden or the support for an arbor or clothesline, the techniques for setting posts is the same. Start with weather treated posts, dig a hole deep enough to hold 1/3 the length of your post and check the vertical level of your post continuously. As you plan your project, leave plenty of time for the concrete to cure properly.
That should make a great post !
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Shoes on the other foot wrote:
<quoted text>So there actually is a bigger dumb*ss than this Larry Swanson poster... amazing.
I guess the "nice guy" categorization might have been inaccurate, or at least premature.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

A truly important article, well-researched, objective, and relevant.

If the link doesn't work, try NYTimes online.

http://nyti.ms/XPiN0j

NYTimes: Equal Opportunity, Our National Myth

The upwardly mobile American is becoming a statistical oddity.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the "nice guy" categorization might have been inaccurate, or at least premature.
concur on that.and maybe shoe-foot does know more about building than i imply.i base my opinion only on his disagreement with me on the proper(or best) way to set a wooden post.this is not just my opinion,it is a fact.
Shoes on the other foot

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>concur on that.and maybe shoe-foot does know more about building than i imply.i base my opinion only on his disagreement with me on the proper(or best) way to set a wooden post.this is not just my opinion,it is a fact.
It's a little bit early on a Saturday night to be drinking, isn't it? If that's not the problem then you have serious issues to deal with.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Shoes on the other foot wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a little bit early on a Saturday night to be drinking, isn't it? If that's not the problem then you have serious issues to deal with.
how early is too early? yes, i do have serious issues to deal with.that said,the best way to set a wood post is not one of them.are your issues all in order,if so,what are you doing here on a sat. nite?
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>how early is too early? yes, i do have serious issues to deal with.that said,the best way to set a wood post is not one of them.are your issues all in order,if so,what are you doing here on a sat. nite?
and it's not just the drinkin'-y'know,i have been professionally diagnosed as being bi-polar(read yesterdays' posts)so i am self-medicating to try help this problem.are you okay?
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>concur on that.and maybe shoe-foot does know more about building than i imply.i base my opinion only on his disagreement with me on the proper(or best) way to set a wooden post.this is not just my opinion,it is a fact.
I don't doubt you at all.

What's Clint say, other than when he's speaking to a chair ?

"A good man knows his limitations."

I don't know a damn thing about post holes, heck, my last attempt to install a deadbolt cost me a fortune. The locksmith sold me a huge brass plate to cover my embarrassing efforts- so I bow to your expertise.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't doubt you at all.
What's Clint say, other than when he's speaking to a chair ?
"A good man knows his limitations."
I don't know a damn thing about post holes, heck, my last attempt to install a deadbolt cost me a fortune. The locksmith sold me a huge brass plate to cover my embarrassing efforts- so I bow to your expertise.
thanks,but like you(and clint)said every man does need to know his limitations.carpentry,cabinet making,building,etc.are,for the most part,acquired skills.it is my opinion that something like politics is innate or intrinsic.even changing someones' opinion about the matter seems nearly impossible.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>thanks,but like you(and clint)said every man does need to know his limitations.carpentry,cabinet making,building,etc.are,for the most part,acquired skills.it is my opinion that something like politics is innate or intrinsic.even changing someones' opinion about the matter seems nearly impossible.
sorry if you don't understand,i will try to do better.belated hvd,love.yours
what a nut

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

The nuts are really just one person posting under several names. Just look at the time of postings for Synergy & Bill, shows just how stupid they really are.
One thing is painfully obvious about synergy & bill, ITíS the same person. IT has never worked at a company that required real work or planning to earn a profit. IT worked at either a government job, a utility, a hospital or a not for profit or both. Whatever it was the profit was guaranteed and the competition was nonexistent. IT sits at home bored to death posting on topix and cashing ITíS retirement check & SSI check every month. IT has a nice house and a couple of nice cars, probably a corvette, thatís the car of choice for old folks trying to prove they matter. Its all paid for by working people who IT hates. IT thinks that ITS tax money keeps poor folks in beer and flat screen TVs, what a nut.

I guess when IT calls me Einstein thatís a compliment, or maybe IT'S just jealous. That also seems to be a reoccurring them with IT!
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>thanks,but like you(and clint)said every man does need to know his limitations.carpentry,cabinet making,building,etc.are,for the most part,acquired skills.it is my opinion that something like politics is innate or intrinsic.even changing someones' opinion about the matter seems nearly impossible.
Good point.

I respectfully disagree only to the extent that secure people recognize changing one's opinion in response to previously unknown facts is a sign of intelligence and maturity.

I'm sure that on occasion we all fall short of the glory on this aspect of growing too.

‚ÄúA mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.‚ÄĚ
‚Äē Frank Zappa

‚ÄúIt is never too late to give up your prejudices‚ÄĚ
‚Äē Henry David Thoreau

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

what a nut wrote:
The nuts are really just one person posting under several names. Just look at the time of postings for Synergy & Bill, shows just how stupid they really are.
One thing is painfully obvious about synergy & bill, ITíS the same person. IT has never worked at a company that required real work or planning to earn a profit. IT worked at either a government job, a utility, a hospital or a not for profit or both. Whatever it was the profit was guaranteed and the competition was nonexistent. IT sits at home bored to death posting on topix and cashing ITíS retirement check & SSI check every month. IT has a nice house and a couple of nice cars, probably a corvette, thatís the car of choice for old folks trying to prove they matter. Its all paid for by working people who IT hates. IT thinks that ITS tax money keeps poor folks in beer and flat screen TVs, what a nut.
I guess when IT calls me Einstein thatís a compliment, or maybe IT'S just jealous. That also seems to be a reoccurring them with IT!
Well, at least your user name is appropriate.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

what a nut wrote:
Wow! We just can't get ANYTHING by you, huh? Foiled a-gain! You forgot to add BigDave to this "one person" campaign. I can't believe you don't already have your own detective show.
Heeeeeeeey Hollywood.....we have ONE for ya. Yep! He's a forensic GENIUS. A regular Detective Master of the Universe! ROTFL
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

what a nut wrote:
How can he be so OBTUSE?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! We just can't get ANYTHING by you, huh? Foiled a-gain! You forgot to add BigDave to this "one person" campaign. I can't believe you don't already have your own detective show.
Heeeeeeeey Hollywood.....we have ONE for ya. Yep! He's a forensic GENIUS. A regular Detective Master of the Universe! ROTFL
Remember, this is the same Einstein that wanted to have a bet about a certain vehicle (he could have won $1,000 by putting up only $10, if he was correct) but backed out claiming we would have the police arrest him. Or, since, we are me (according to him/her), I would have the police arrest him. For what, I have no idea, he/she probably didn't think that far ahead...

Couldn't back up his/her claims. Not surprising.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text>How can he be so OBTUSE?
obtuse,i like that(shawshank redemption was a great movie,huh)btw,do you know what "soros" is spelled backwards?wish i'd thought of something clever like that!
Tack and Sole

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Ain't never gonna vote for a democrat again, ever
mothers of invention

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
I respectfully disagree only to the extent that secure people recognize changing one's opinion in response to previously unknown facts is a sign of intelligence and maturity.
I'm sure that on occasion we all fall short of the glory on this aspect of growing too.
‚ÄúA mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.‚ÄĚ
‚Äē Frank Zappa
‚ÄúIt is never too late to give up your prejudices‚ÄĚ
‚Äē Henry David Thoreau
who would ever argue with a guy that could get zappa and thoreau in the same post? this is really "jeb",but ever since i was accused of being bi-polar,i have been thinking about taking on a new identity. do you think that i can pull it off?
InquisitiveChick n

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Tack and Sole wrote:
Ain't never gonna vote for a democrat again, ever
Why do you hate America?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jesup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
arrested in ludowici 4 hr That Guy 2
Muslim Compound near Odum? (May '07) Aug 13 FYI 65
New to Area Jul '14 Yeller Jacket 4
Lonnie's Auto Repair Jul '14 Yeller Jacket 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul '14 what 2,045
Ludowici Politics (Dec '11) Jul '14 Long County TRUTH 27
Ludowici reinstates police chief Jun '14 oh okay 2
•••
•••
•••

Jesup Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jesup People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE