|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Look! You know as well as I that whomever is president when A, B or C happens, the sitting president gets the credit or the blame. So, you're saying that you aren't accustomed to hearing people speak the president's name when they are complaining or praising the government???? How many times did the Obama worshippers claim that Obama got Bin Ladin? Actually, the Navy Seals got Bin Ladin, but Obama was the hero because it happened on his watch. If you deny that, you aren't being honest.
same old lame story,repug prez saves the day.demo prez depends on others!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

formerresident wrote:
... but I write well.
Says who?
formerresident

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

You have a point!:)
formerresident

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

The people who share the homeless shelter with me.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>same old lame story,repug prez saves the day.demo prez depends on others!
Oh, brother. Your comprehension is lacking, too. And your childish misspelling of Republican isn't helping your cause.

I don't know of a Republican president who has saved the day and I damn sure don't know of a Democrat president who has saved the day either. At this point, it's going to take Superman and NO! Obama ISN'T Superman regardless of what you libs think.
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Look! You know as well as I that whomever is president when A, B or C happens, the sitting president gets the credit or the blame. So, you're saying that you aren't accustomed to hearing people speak the president's name when they are complaining or praising the government???? How many times did the Obama worshippers claim that Obama got Bin Ladin? Actually, the Navy Seals got Bin Ladin, but Obama was the hero because it happened on his watch. If you deny that, you aren't being honest.
if bush2 had been able to have had him killed at 'tora borra'(as they should have)then just who would you have given the credit to?be honest now.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>you seem rather adept at imagination,so why not try using it now.
Thank you. I consider that a compliment. I just can't determine if you are referring to specific Topix posters or Republicans in general.
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I consider that a compliment. I just can't determine if you are referring to specific Topix posters or Republicans in general.
sorry for the misuderstanding,i was referring to your more recent posts.and you are very welcome.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
If SS is all they have coming in, most likely nothing.
That's not fair.

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
If SS is all they have coming in, most likely nothing.
How does your idea handle this scenario?

Here is one for you. I invest $100, that I have saved up over time. Next year, I receive a $200 dividend. Do I have to pay the full 25%, on the full $200, as income tax in your example?
rickets

Bremen, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

obhummer stole the presidental seat the second time around.Funny how you libs will take a republican news story about some loser democrat and replace the name with another.That story had to do with obama having the computer voting boards set for when you voted for romney, it scored a vote for obama, so it looked like everybody voted for obama
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
How does your idea handle this scenario?
Here is one for you. I invest $100, that I have saved up over time. Next year, I receive a $200 dividend. Do I have to pay the full 25%, on the full $200, as income tax in your example?
It should be taxed the same as stock certificates are - only on the increase in value over purchase price, if the stock is cashed out, and/or on the dividend received (not deferred) during that FY.

That is assuming you made the investment using after tax monies (savings) or didn't borrow the money to make the initial buy, and that the investment has not been otherwise depreciated (from use) for tax purposes.

Short answer to your question; no!
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

I mis-typed that - yes, you would have to pay the tax on the dividend at the full rate (but not on the original investment).

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Lived there wrote:
I mis-typed that - yes, you would have to pay the tax on the dividend at the full rate (but not on the original investment).
Did the "corporation" already pay a tax on that $200 as income?
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Did the "corporation" already pay a tax on that $200 as income?
Does it matter ?

A corporation is a completely separate independent entity/person that is set up so the owners can use it as a shield against liability for negligence as torts, and to funnel funds and expense to. Heck, it's so separate and distinct it can participate in the election process.

When you sue someone and/or their corporation, the stockholder shouts "Sue the corporation, not me, I have nothing to do with the corporation but own stock in it !"

Later, when the corporation pays dividends to the stockholder, he (not saying you), shouts "Wait, didn't the corporation already pay taxes on it, I own the corporation, it's really just me, your taxing me twice !"

Seems impossible to have it both ways, either a corporation is a separate and distinct entity/person, or it's not.

Just one of those things that always seem to occur and nobody is challenged on the theory.

Hey, French Toast coming !
Bored

Navarre, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter ?

"Wait, didn't the corporation already pay taxes on it, I own the corporation, it's really just me, your taxing me twice !"

Hey, French Toast coming !
Boring.
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Did the "corporation" already pay a tax on that $200 as income?
I see where you're going with this now. "...Corporations are not people, therefore...?" Or "... Romney actually paid 43%(or whatever) tax on...?"

When I invest I look to see if they "pass through" profits, as more and more large companies are doing today by re-writing their corporate charter accordingly.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/04/01/ge-exxon-wal...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

making and buying meth is not considered investing...

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
I see where you're going with this now. "...Corporations are not people, therefore...?" Or "... Romney actually paid 43%(or whatever) tax on...?"
When I invest I look to see if they "pass through" profits, as more and more large companies are doing today by re-writing their corporate charter accordingly.
http://www.forbes.com/2010/04/01/ge-exxon-wal...
Want to see and end to all of this?
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

<quoted text>
Want to see and end to all of this?
Why not? The day is slow and I'm bored to tears.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jesup Discussions

Search the Jesup Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New to Area Jul 27 Yeller Jacket 4
Lonnie's Auto Repair Jul 27 Yeller Jacket 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Ludowici Politics (Dec '11) Jul 15 Long County TRUTH 27
Ludowici reinstates police chief Jun '14 oh okay 2
Bobby England (Feb '13) May '14 abc 4
Ludowici officer faces 5 charges (Jan '12) May '14 Kaci Govero 25
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jesup Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••