Why Are Prisoners Being Sent To Priva...

Why Are Prisoners Being Sent To Private Hospitals?

There are 6 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from Jan 2, 2008, titled Why Are Prisoners Being Sent To Private Hospitals?. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

The union representing thousands of correctional officers is hoping the state will reconsider where it sends prisoners for emergency care.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#1 Jan 3, 2008
I understand where the union is coming from, but special healthcare facilities for inmates, huh? Well, we're already providing them with education, computers, exercise equipment,etc., while they're in jail, why NOT healthcare facilities?

“ITS TIME TO ROOST !”

Since: Nov 07

Princess Anne, MD

#2 Jan 3, 2008
TAX DOLLARS HAVE BEEN CUT..so now if youre in the hospital...
Carry your firearm..JUST IN CASE?
Nurse

Prince Frederick, MD

#3 Jan 3, 2008
Most prisons are have a huge population and should be provided with a health care facility within the compound. I worked at that hospital and other area hospitals when prisoners were brought in shackled and cuffed with armed guards. Not pleasant for anyone involved. While no one should be denied health care, we can make it safer.
Ugh

Fort Collins, CO

#4 Jan 3, 2008
Is it just me, but seeing as though he was sentenced to life PLUS 40 years....what was the point in the hospital visit in the first place? Why bother? Now it's just more money spent to keep "it" alive so we can pay for "it" to live for the full sentence? What kind of sense does that make?
There will be people who disagree I'm sure but the so called right for him to receive care also caused him to almost kill 4 other people. They should have just let him keel over in the jail. A whole lot of money and time would have been saved.

“Life is Short”

Since: Aug 07

Hyattstown

#5 Jan 3, 2008
Nurse wrote:
Most prisons are have a huge population and should be provided with a health care facility within the compound. I worked at that hospital and other area hospitals when prisoners were brought in shackled and cuffed with armed guards. Not pleasant for anyone involved. While no one should be denied health care, we can make it safer.
My husband responds to the "sick call" at the Monthgomery County facility, they transport to Montgomery General Hospital where there is no need to do that! All of the equipment and medication that could be required is on=site at the facility,but not the personnell to administer the meds! What's wrong with that picture Montgomer County taxappers?

“Life is Short”

Since: Aug 07

Hyattstown

#6 Jan 3, 2008
Ike Leggett and county council take notice, you f---ing a--holes!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jessup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Zagami Trozzi Chartered - Ron Trozzi CPA (Mar '11) May 8 AND 10
News Elkridge Man Charged in Burglary Bust: Police Apr '15 river 1
any mature women looking for fun? Apr '15 Woofie20715 1
Starving Cats in Prison (Feb '13) Apr '15 Cat lover 6
Review: Jiani Staffing LLC Apr '15 Nicole 2
Review: Super Best International Market Apr '15 Goerge Jetson 1
News Questions remain in officer-involved shooting a... Apr '15 Go Blue Forever 8
More from around the web

Jessup People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]