J.K. Rishel Furniture Company

Posted in the Jersey Shore Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Warren

San Josť, Costa Rica

#2 Aug 10, 2007
I lived across the street from the factory many years ago. What information are you searching for?
Diane

Endicott, NY

#3 Sep 1, 2007
Warren wrote:
I lived across the street from the factory many years ago. What information are you searching for?
/I too am just starting a search. I have a dining room set, the old style , that we had as a child and my parents bought from an elderly couple when they were first married 50 years ago.It was passed on to me,now I am moving and thinking of selling it.I was looking on google to see what it might be worth.Do you know where to start?
Genochemist

Hillsborough, NJ

#4 Sep 8, 2007
I also have a J.K. Rishel (of Williamsport, PA) Dining Room Suit that was my grandmother's. My dad says she bought it used in the 1950s and it was painted black. I stripped it and there's beautiful mahogany veneer underneath. It's a Duncan Phyffe style set. I had it appraised by an auctioneer before I stripped it and he said he could probably get me $3500 for all 11 pieces. I have the trestle table with brass claw feet, buffet sideboard, server, corner cabinet and small side breakfront china hutch. Each piece has a number stamped into the back panel.
Does anyone have anything similar?
I remember the company too, but don't know anything about them.
Tlaw5962

AOL

#5 Sep 15, 2007
Warren wrote:
I would like to know what company bought out Rishel and moved it out of Williamsport. I have a piece of furniture and I am looking for antique dealers in the Williamsport area that deal with this this companies products.
Joe from merchantville

AOL

#6 Jun 19, 2008
If you find out, I have a writers desk with three drawers,walnut finish ,beautifully restored. please let me know. Thanks
Art

Weatherly, PA

#7 Jul 17, 2008
The Rishel Company was bought out by Hon Industries of Muscatine, Iowa. Rishel specialized in wood executive desks (they made the desk used by President Kennedy in the White House). I believe that their factory was renovated into a building on the campus of Penn College of Technology.
Linden

Oakland, CA

#8 Aug 2, 2008
We have a Rishel children's desk dating probably to the 1930's or 1940's. It belonged to our neighbors who garage saled it for free and we got it for our daughter who's now outgrown it. I am curious about the company and how I would find out its value.
MIke

Blue Springs, MO

#9 Aug 19, 2008
i have a huge dinette server/table that is marked on the inside with a tag J. K. Rishel Furniture Co. it might be about 6/7 ft. long and weighs a lot. i can't find anything about it. someone once told me it was worth over a $1000. i bought it in upstate new york at an auction over 10 years ago. any info would be helpful!
Julia

Brentwood, TN

#10 Sep 8, 2008
We also have an executive desk by Rishel - 5 feet by 34 inches deep by 30.5 inches tall..very solid piece...has anyone been able to determine the value of some of this furniture?
Carolyn

Kinston, NC

#11 Nov 10, 2008
I have an excutive 7 drawer desk measuring 48" wide. It is walnut veneer, very solid, and in excellent condition. There is a metal tag on the center drawer that says Globe Office Furniture, Philadelphia, PA. On the underside of this drawer is printed J.K. Rishel Furniture, Co.,Hughesville, PA. I have owned the desk since the early '80s and now need to find an estimated value of this piece. As with the others posted here, i would appreciate any information.
Suzanne Ipswich MA

Stow, MA

#12 Nov 16, 2008
I too have a JK Rishel-Williamsport PA. dining room suite including a curved glass front china cabinet; side board w/2 doors & 5 drawers; matching mirror and huge round table w/ 6 chairs. My grandparents bought it 90 years ago. I too am curious about the value. Would having this furniture restored effect it's appraisal?
Craig

Dallas, TX

#13 Dec 8, 2008
Suzanne Ipswich MA wrote:
I too have a JK Rishel-Williamsport PA. dining room suite including a curved glass front china cabinet; side board w/2 doors & 5 drawers; matching mirror and huge round table w/ 6 chairs. My grandparents bought it 90 years ago. I too am curious about the value. Would having this furniture restored effect it's appraisal?
Have you had any luck on finding out how much the set appraises for? I have a similar set that I'd like to sell. Have no idea how it ended up here in Dallas
Karl

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Jan 27, 2009
I Have 2 pieces of furniture made by J K Rishel - Williamsport Pa that will be sold at auction on March 7th 2009 in Lancaster pa. I noticed several people are wondering about value of this well made furniture and I will post the sale price here after the auction. Up for sale is a Mahogany sideboard and server. Photo is located at www.boltzauctions.com
cindra

AOL

#15 Feb 15, 2009
i have a beveled china cabinet made by jk rishel furniture company am looking to find out how old it is and any information about the furniture company
Lurliene Ohio

Huntsville, OH

#16 Feb 24, 2009
I have a J.K. Rishel piece. It is a dresser with a mirror. My mother bought it at an auction several years ago. She stripped it and it is beautiful. I am searching for the history of this piece. My mother passed 10 years ago and she probably had it 10 years.
Steve

Bayonne, NJ

#17 Mar 1, 2009
I HAVE an 8 drawer beautiful office desk. its dimensions are:
31 tall 36 deep 65 long.

anyone have advice on where to send this to be refinished?
Mary

Nanticoke, PA

#18 Mar 6, 2009
I have a Rishel Dinning room set. It looks like the Jacaobean style. I am missing a captain chair. It has a round back with a harp shape in the middle and is cut out. Can anyone help me find a captains chair.Is this set worth anything?
sharon

Baytown, TX

#19 May 21, 2009
I have a dining room table with chairs by J.K.Rishel Furniture Co. under the table was a paper tag, I never noticed before. The tag read as following: Crowley Furn. Co.,
Lansdowne Ave., Balt, Pike. I think the first letter is a'P'
Lansdowne,PA
J.K.Rishel Furniture Co
Dining and Bedroom Suites
Williamsport, Pa
Please let me know if someone may know this table have any value It has brass claw feet & trestle.6 feet and a tro
Dan Rishell

Hagerstown, MD

#20 Jul 9, 2009
My family found a cabinet phonograph in an antique shop with the name Rishell in the lid. Some recent research said the the Rishel company is related to the company that made our phonograph. I am looking for any information I can find
Arla Woodling

Watsontown, PA

#21 Aug 28, 2009
The Rishel Furniture Company, Hughesville, PA was located on Third Steet in Hughesville. I used to walk past this factory each day on my way to elementary school. I remember the smell of the varnishes, etc. from the exhaust fans as I passed by each day. This factory was a very large multi-story building. It burned to the ground when I was a child, I believe sometime in the 1950's. The furniture was then manufactured in a factory building on West Third Street, Williamsport, PA.***** The East Lycoming Historical Society located in Hughesville, PA would be able to provide information regarding the Rishel Furniture Factory. Their website is http://www.lycoming.org/elhs/ and the address where you may write for information is posted on the website.***** Hope this information is helpful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jersey Shore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
corruption by pa state police at f troop in mon... (Feb '10) Oct 17 funkster 18
Diane Apker Oct 8 Dianes EX 2
Check out this haunted house in town Oct 6 kareno 1
williamsport addicts should overdose (Nov '13) Sep '14 packrat 5
Police report various incidents Sep '14 Michelle 1
New book by Carin Mapish inspires survivors of ... Aug '14 dreamcatchers_donna 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Williamsport, PA (Dec '10) Jul '14 hatchetface 39
Jersey Shore Dating
Find my Match

Jersey Shore Jobs

Jersey Shore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jersey Shore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jersey Shore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]