Doing the Philadelphia Street strip

Doing the Philadelphia Street strip

There are 4 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Nov 6, 2010, titled Doing the Philadelphia Street strip. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Aletter to the editor caught my eye the other day. The writer said it was time to remove the grass strip from the middle of East Philadelphia Street, which runs from Sherman Street to State Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

BALD HILLER

Mount Wolf, PA

#1 Nov 7, 2010
Gordon you forget that grass strip did add charm to well
kept Philadelphia St. In the 40's when everyone looked
alike. However since It's been turned Into a garbage
jungle zoo, what purpose does It serve today ?
Bubba

New Freedom, PA

#2 Nov 7, 2010
Hey Baldie, in the 40's when everyone looking like you ? Some of us still have hair today.
I see you want to keep the nice stuff for "us". Phht
Just sayin

Horsham, PA

#3 Nov 10, 2010
How's about they put more of them in, to slow down people. Not safe in the city due to crime seems to always make the paper, what about not safe to walk in the city because of the moronic people not paying attention and speeding?
Tony

York, PA

#4 Nov 10, 2010
Just sayin wrote:
How's about they put more of them in, to slow down people. Not safe in the city due to crime seems to always make the paper, what about not safe to walk in the city because of the moronic people not paying attention and speeding?
Don't want to slow down even more in the city. I'm scrambling like hell to get out of there. Try to stay a moving target instead of a sitting duck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jersey Shore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
J.K. Rishel Furniture Company (Aug '07) Feb 10 Garry parigan 52
corruption by pa state police at f troop in mon... (Feb '10) Feb 7 anonymous 24
News Theater Marquee Drums Up Controversy in Muncy Jan 23 Richard Allen 1
News A golden discovery: Philadelphia Butter Cake : ... (Mar '07) Jan '16 Cynn756 67
black Dec '15 randy 1
News Williamsport Shooting Spree (Jan '08) Sep '15 DaBoy 49
Debate: Marijuana - Williamsport, PA (Aug '10) Sep '15 anonymos 37
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jersey Shore Mortgages