Since: Oct 07

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2009

Boycott this store which takes our money and abuses and harrasses employees. They won't allow
the employees to have a union and they show favoritism towards certain employees. They don't promote from within. In addition, the store manager is an arrogant tyrant who needs to be put in check for trying to harrass and intimidate employees. The security department needs to be investigated also.
Jasmine Perez

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2011

The associates were so nice and helped out alot but the cashier girls are slow and not as nice. Maybe you should get new register girls. Overall I love the other associates and I was in and out of the store.
Antonia Esperanza

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2011

I agree with the the prophet the same manager is still there.....Harvey, the bold short manager, I worked a Christmas season at Macy's and I experienced humiliation by him. His manner was so inappropriate at lease not for the position he had. He was a tyrant. He yelled at me because I went to the gift wrap department to get change to buy a beverage from their vendor machine. He told me in front of everyone on the line" WE DON'T HAVE CHANGE HERE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE,WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS" I was so embarrassed. The women working in that department looked at him with disbelief but went on about their business. I went back to work. Also they do treat other employees different from others.

Since: Mar 11

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Antonia Esperanza wrote:
I agree with the the prophet the same manager is still there.....Harvey, the bold short manager, I worked a Christmas season at Macy's and I experienced humiliation by him. His manner was so inappropriate at lease not for the position he had. He was a tyrant. He yelled at me because I went to the gift wrap department to get change to buy a beverage from their vendor machine. He told me in front of everyone on the line" WE DON'T HAVE CHANGE HERE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE,WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS" I was so embarrassed. The women working in that department looked at him with disbelief but went on about their business. I went back to work. Also they do treat other employees different from others.
The management of this store gets away with so much abuse towards employees. They recently found another way to get rid of employees. They have a point system when they're late or commit other infractions. If the employee accumlates enough points they can be fired. The employees need a union.
Soon to be ex-Employee

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

I agree with everything that's been said. Management doesn't do their job so they have time to find ways to torment the employees who actually do work and are very nice people. My manager sucks majorly. She purposely puts me on for hours that conflict with my day job so I'll lose points. This is after talking with her and working out the schedule. So after agreeing upon the schedule, she gives me conflicting hours yet again. I could have gotten work elsewhere to make a financial push for the holiday season, but thought I'd give Macys a chance after complaining about this situation to the HR manage. Basically at the mercy of management's whims. All I can say is that this experience clearly explains why Macy's stock is plummeting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Jersey City News Video

•••
•••

Jersey City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jersey City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE