Court Ordered Community Service

Court Ordered Community Service

Posted in the Jeromesville Forum

“Imagination rules the world!”

Since: Sep 08

Mansfield, Ohio

#2 Nov 19, 2008
Work from home community service? Are you kidding me??? What kind of punishment could that possibly be?

“I hart Ohio State”

Mansfield

#3 Nov 20, 2008
Just like some people. Do the crime and then get let off easy. This must be a freaking joke. Right?

“You know Harumph loves you”

Location hidden

#4 Nov 20, 2008
Hopefully.

Location hidden

#6 Nov 20, 2008
wwwchildrenquestorg wrote:
Thank you for your reply, but court ordered community service is about giving back to the community in the form of volunteering. We do not accept work release workers as they are in jail, which is punishment. We did not give them community service, the judge did, and we work with all guidelines of probation. If I supervise you via webcam, you are still supervised. Many people work from home in a variety of for pay jobs and we have the same tools.
Fines are punishment, jail or prison is punishment, community service is about rehabilitation for first time offenders and giving something back.
Eric
Horse crap.

I tell you what. You keep them at your place then, I don't want them here. Be sure I'll be telling everyone I can about you advertising for crooks to help you.

Mansfield, Ohio

#7 Nov 20, 2008
wwwchildrenquestorg wrote:
Thank you for your reply, but court ordered community service is about giving back to the community in the form of volunteering. We do not accept work release workers as they are in jail, which is punishment. We did not give them community service, the judge did, and we work with all guidelines of probation. If I supervise you via webcam, you are still supervised. Many people work from home in a variety of for pay jobs and we have the same tools.

Fines are punishment, jail or prison is punishment, community service is about rehabilitation for first time offenders and giving something back.
Eric
Well Eric, let me set you straight on something!
Court ordered community service is not VOLUNTEERING!! If you have to go in front of a judge and he tells you that you "have to" do this or go to jail, well....Hmmm.... people don't volunteer to do it you moron, they do it because they have to! Paint it any color you want to, community service is a punishment put in place by the judicial system!
And you tell me how someone who has been ordered to community service is going to repay their debt to society from their home? That's just asinine. What are they going to do mop their own floors while you watch from your so called web cam? No my dear, that's not the way it works! You do the crime, you do your time!
spikeman

Mableton, GA

#8 Dec 16, 2008
go to www.courtorderedcommunityservice.com - it is fast, easy and also helps the kids

Location hidden

#10 Dec 19, 2008
These people allow you to buy your time. Pay $200.00, get 20 hours served. This entire site is about paying off your hours. RIP OFF!!!!

Since: Aug 08

Cleveland, OH

#11 Dec 26, 2008
It's too easy for the convicts. Bust'em hard and long if deserving. Stop making things so easy for the morons who do wrong. They are not going to learn if society and the courts just give them a slap on the wrist and give them recess.

Location hidden

#12 Dec 27, 2008
Amen. And people like this, feeding the laziness of these crooks should be whipped with a horse whip

Mansfield, Ohio

#13 Dec 28, 2008
I researched this program, and it is just like anything else---a money making scheme!!
I am all for giving people a second chance if they are convicted of a non-violent crime, but they still need to pay for whatever they did.
spikeman

Mableton, GA

#14 Jan 31, 2009
http://www.courtorderedcommunityservice.com/ is run entirly by volunteers from the direct application Non-Profit Organization http://reachoutamericaonline.org/ - Never has any salaries, bonuses or big fancy cars ever been paid. Was your research refering to the original question? Where is the original question?
Dontcare

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Feb 3, 2009
Hummm, doing 30 days of FORCED comunity service is BULL SHIT! If I'm paying fines, court costs and losing my license for two years, and then paying out the ass for car ins afterwards ... yeah, I'll learn alot painting, cleaning up TRASH on the side of the road, or the cleaning town ship bathroom .. I will learn to NEVER give to anything for free again especially if I am FORCED to do something I should willingly want to do and enjoy it. SCREW NJ!!
Dontcare

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Feb 3, 2009
oh yeah and dont forget the $1000. a year for three years to NJ. Dont preach to me about my situation either ...
Keepurheadup

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Mar 18, 2009
Dontcare - i hear ya. By some miracle (i may also be good at what i do, but i don't take credit for much these days) i'm still employed at my 9-5 after sentencing - a PORTION of which is 60 DAYS of community service (state law - no discretion possible). Only problem is, there don't seem to be any opportunities available to criminals on evenings or weekends. So now i find myself asking my employer for *more* time off in the middle of a recession, and i fear i won't make it through the next round of layoffs! But hey, at least that takes care of the CS problem right?? Lets not even talk about how i'm doing all this with no license. I've definitely not been let off easy - believe me i've PAID - time, money, freedom, rights and privilege, and will continue to PAY for the rest of my life. And still i'm grateful for what i do have - the friends who stuck around, family who would take me in, the fact that i can't be deported. Still i'd gladly donate more of my pay to a legitimate non-profit to help keep one of the few other things i do have left - my job, but that's not an option where i live. I'm so tired of hearing the know-it-alls preach about the values of CS and just getting out and cleaning a park on the weekend or working it off at the library (show me someone doing court-ordered CS in a library in my area and i'll show you a flying pig). Until you've hit the pavement or at least personally known someone having to complete court-ordered CS you DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.
Big Daddy

Concord, CA

#18 Dec 19, 2013
What's up people. For haters out there, guess what!!!!!! I was ordered by the court to do 40 hours of community service and got away with only 20!!! Just pay a small administrative fee, get hooked up with the right place and an eight hour day, could turn into an easy 4 hour day, and getting credited for eight! I know this makes you a@&$!?%^ mad, but your the ones paying for it via taxes. Omg that was easy;)
MrChucklenuts

United States

#19 Sep 12, 2015
Big Daddy wrote:
What's up people. For haters out there, guess what!!!!!! I was ordered by the court to do 40 hours of community service and got away with only 20!!! Just pay a small administrative fee, get hooked up with the right place and an eight hour day, could turn into an easy 4 hour day, and getting credited for eight! I know this makes you a@&$!?%^ mad, but your the ones paying for it via taxes. Omg that was easy;)
lol, what a f*cking a** hole, I'm a minor and I was caught with weed twice and once with alcohol, none of the times I was intoxicated, and now I've been in detention for 2 weeks, house arrest for a month, probation for a year, and because I violated my curfew I was scentenced with community service, I was clean, I got drug tested the best day nothing came up, but because our corrupt f*cked country can't wrap their brains around the fact that they do not control every aspect of some ones life I got punished, now tell me, technically I committed several crimes, should I be in jail right now? Y'all a bunch if judgemental di*cks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeromesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God and married men!!!! Sep 23 TrapMusic 4
Dale Ables (Aug '06) Sep 21 Concerned in Balt... 105
mansfield news journal (Aug '06) Sep 20 Mark Kearney 73
News Ohio Man Charged With Murders After Alleged Kid... Sep 17 Go Blue Forever 1
doug koolaide mitchell (Feb '16) Sep 11 CVSEmployee 13
Dale (Sep '11) May '14 Jays 7
Review: Mikris Cascade Garden Cooperative (Nov '12) Nov '12 Baroque Pearls fr... 1

Jeromesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jeromesville Mortgages