Scranton's police, fire and DPW union...

Scranton's police, fire and DPW unions will sue in federal court

There are 9 comments on the The Times-Tribune story from Jul 10, 2012, titled Scranton's police, fire and DPW unions will sue in federal court. In it, The Times-Tribune reports that:

Scranton's police, fire and DPW unions not only again will ask a Lackawanna County judge to hold Mayor Chris Doherty in contempt of court for paying minimum wages to employees, but they also expect to sue him in federal court and file a workers' compensation complaint, their attorney said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times-Tribune.

Anti JW

Radnor, OH

#1 Jul 10, 2012
Fire the lazy overpaid union peop and get workers that careabout the ton instead of demanding more pay when times are tough. At least they hae a job.
Gosch Foundation

Gwinn, MI

#2 Jul 11, 2012
Anti JW wrote:
Fire the lazy overpaid union peop and get workers that careabout the ton instead of demanding more pay when times are tough. At least they hae a job.
Yeah! let the people die in the stinking streets and hope the pos of a town burn to the ground.
obamasupport

Betsy Layne, KY

#3 Jul 11, 2012
HOW IS THAT CHANGE WORKING FOR YOU ????
Gosch Foundation

Gwinn, MI

#4 Jul 11, 2012
obamasupport wrote:
HOW IS THAT CHANGE WORKING FOR YOU ????
Evil GOP Bastards
Exposing the hideously ugly truth about the Republican Party. Daily news
summaries of interest to progressives, liberals and political independents.

http://www.evilgopbastards.com/ - 58k -
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#5 Jul 12, 2012
Hope & Change is working much better, than war criminals Bushwhacker/Chainme and their failed economy... I get you expect blacks to work harder, but it's going to take another couple terms to fix the 8 year f-up..... Mitt happens...
odummy

Betsy Layne, KY

#6 Jul 12, 2012
Seattle Slew wrote:
Hope & Change is working much better, than war criminals Bushwhacker/Chainme and their failed economy... I get you expect blacks to work harder, but it's going to take another couple terms to fix the 8 year f-up..... Mitt happens...
You are a first class idiot,DRINK UP FOOL
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#7 Jul 12, 2012
Yeah, I get rethuglican'ts hate to support a black president or blame THEIR clowns, but your circus left town AS A JOKE ~
odummy

Betsy Layne, KY

#8 Jul 12, 2012
the real circus look's like just got started,the monkey's are taking center stage.
Tacks Know More

Erie, PA

#9 Jul 12, 2012
odummy wrote:
the real circus look's like just got started,the monkey's are taking center stage.
The law is the law and if it don't get upheld, we'll see where that gets the Union busting Mayor of Scranton. If the law doesn't apply in this situation, "past practise has been established and it leaves a sense that NO law applies. Careful for what you've been wishing for. This is one to watch for the books folks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jermyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why won't IHOP open a restaurant in Wilkes-Barr... (Feb '15) May '16 Antoinett 3
News I've been fired (Jul '06) May '16 Fed Up 92
News Push continues for distracted driving bill May '16 Zeke the Pinhead 23
News Detractors, growing debt dog local builder (Jun '07) May '16 Zeke the Pinhead 3,487
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Mar '16 Drums leprechaun 54
News The Officer's Side of the Story Feb '16 Beannie 5
If you go to Wal-Mart in Tunkhannock, There is... Feb '16 Father Joseph Roesch 2

Jermyn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jermyn Mortgages